Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

It absolutely could never have accomplished anything. It's not "regressive" so much as it's "retarded" and you fundamentally misunderstand what Trump is actually doing if you think that namecalling is remotely effective.

People think John Oliver is clever because he was on the amazing hot take that FIFA was corrupt and tobacco companies are bad, instead of stating the obvious. They seem to forget the parts of the show were he is outraged at innocent things like swim suit editions of sports magazines like they 30's moralist preacher thinking it's going to lead to men mass raping women on the streets or the dozen other surface issues that don't matter or effect anything and just are outrage of the week pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Baloogan posted:

romney is the BIGGEST cuckservative in fukcing history

lol

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

It's true. There is a big difference between saying someone is lame or a gaywad, and unraveling the extremely thin facade polticians put up. Trump didn't win by calling Jeb four eyes, he won by pointing out Jeb obviously went to image consultants and those glasses tested poorly with among 50 or random jackasses and decided to wear contacts in order to poll better.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fullhouse posted:

Lots of non-Trump GOP voters have him as their second choice and loads of Bernie voters would rather vote for him than Hillary.

I'm pretty confident that the number of Bernie supporters who would rather vote for him than Hillary is overstated. We'll see, I guess, but I've only ever seen anecdotal evidence about this.

quote:

Trump simultaneously has no positions (beyond building a wall I guess) and every position, which is how so many people justify switching their vote to an outright fascist from a kind old social democrat

I agree with this, though. There's a shitton of projection going on w/r/t Trump's positions.

Terror Sweat posted:

To be fair, Clinton is a bloodthirsty warmonger and Trump, for all his bluster, appears to have a heart

He supports torture and the outright murder of suspected terrorists' families. He also advocates sending U.S. troops to seize ISIS' oil.:psyduck:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

African AIDS cum posted:

Yes the 110 IQ crowd eats that poo poo up.

interesting take; everyone post your best iq scores and freshest takes itt

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

NutritiousSnack posted:

It's true. There is a big difference between saying someone is lame or a gaywad, and unraveling the extremely thin facade polticians put up. Trump didn't win by calling Jeb four eyes, he won by pointing out Jeb obviously went to image consultants and those glasses tested poorly with among 50 or random jackasses and decided to wear contacts in order to poll better.

I still think Donald Trump just loves to poo poo all over people he doesnt like and didn't think it through the way you described.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/mcpli/status/703598424529174529

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

NutritiousSnack posted:

but Trump's facade is also extremely thin, he is a big bloviating egomaniac. No one took him seriously. I mean, do the thought experiment of going back in time to 2013 and start telling everyone you can "TRUMPS GONNA BE PRESIDENT! GONNA BE PRESIDENT!" and see how far you get.

I'm pretty much 100% with Matt Taibbi on this, Trump knows how beauty pageants work and knows how reality TV works and the presidential election is a reality TV beauty pageant. I hate the media and both establishments, but just because I think they're all terrible doesn't mean I also think Trump is good; I've just accepted the thousand year Trumpenreich is the inevitable state of things and its what America deserves for her sins.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

rear end cobra posted:

I still think Donald Trump just loves to poo poo all over people he doesnt like and didn't think it through the way you described.

I think that he loves doing that as well, but just because it makes it look easy doesn't it is or that Oliver's unfunny joke playing well on twitter for a couple of days means it has real staying power or illuminating as to his success.

Trump has weathered insults and accusations of racism, sexism, and tons of negative press forever. He thrived. People ignored him and tried taking the high road. He thrived.

Laphroaig posted:

but Trump's facade is also extremely thin, he is a big bloviating egomaniac.

Here's the difference, he's outright admitting it. From his damned caps and shirts to his pitch of being "too rich to be bought". Laughing the Emperor when he wears no clothes only works when the Emperor and everyone has the false pretense he's wearing any, he's openly waving his dick around.

NutritiousSnack has issued a correction as of 19:58 on Mar 3, 2016

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

NutritiousSnack posted:

I think that he loves doing that as well, but just because it makes it look easy doesn't it is or that Oliver's unfunny joke playing well on twitter for a couple of days means it has real staying power or illuminating as to his success.

Trump has weathered insults and accusations of racism, sexism, and tons of negative press forever. He thrived. People ignored him and tried taking the high road. He thrived.

That's true, but to say that namecalling isnt effective in the context of Donald Trump is still very funny.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

NutritiousSnack posted:

Here's the difference, he's outright admitting it.

Is he, though? I think he's making it extremely clear to us, but his supporters do seem to be taking him at his word.

I mean, somebody in this very thread said that he "has a heart" w/r/t foreign policy.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

rear end cobra posted:

That's true, but to say that namecalling isnt effective in the context of Donald Trump is still very funny.

I posted it earlier but the difference is Trump isn't lying about the image he presents of himself (at least the one he believes in) so him taking down others with pointed barbs about their transparent nature actually work.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
"The Emperor has no clothes!"

*Trump starts doing helicopter swirls with his dick, rises ten points in the polls*

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

NutritiousSnack posted:

I posted it earlier but the difference is Trump isn't lying about the image he presents of himself (at least the one he believes in) so him taking down others with pointed barbs about their transparent nature actually work.

It's not just "pointed barbs about their transparent nature", it's making GBS threads all over pretty much everybody and anybody. But yeah, that works because that's the image he always has projected. Being 100% shameless is a great cloak of invincibility.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
The FBI is laying charges!!

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

i'm pretty surprised he's 6'2", in person he looks pretty middling height-wise

must be the fingers

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

zeal posted:

i'm pretty surprised he's 6'2", in person he looks pretty middling height-wise

must be the fingers

It doesn't help that he's a fat.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Majorian posted:

It doesn't help that he's a fat.

Especially his neck and chin. Chris Christie actually has a smaller neck. That's insane.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Donald Trump Gets AIDS In A New Movie, And That Has Studio Execs In A Panic

quote:

At the film's world premiere in London last week, the Daily Telegraph reported that the Trump moment was met with "loud cheering." The Metro newspaper called it a "massive cheer." A viewer at a different screening tweeted, "Went to watch Grimsby and the whole cinema clapped when Donald Trump got given AIDS in it."

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
I hate Donald Trump and fags.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

T r a v i s posted:

I hate Donald Trump and fags.

Donald agrees, smoking is terrible.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

NutritiousSnack posted:

People think John Oliver is clever because he was on the amazing hot take that FIFA was corrupt and tobacco companies are bad, instead of stating the obvious. They seem to forget the parts of the show were he is outraged at innocent things like swim suit editions of sports magazines like they 30's moralist preacher thinking it's going to lead to men mass raping women on the streets or the dozen other surface issues that don't matter or effect anything and just are outrage of the week pieces.

It's amazing how people think John Oliver is some sort of amazing, progressive intellectual; when in reality all he does is perpetuate the outrage culture thats currently consuming the left. His high-pitched, heavily accented voice is insufferable alone.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Helsing posted:

I don't know if this is a reach but any time I see someone bring up "millenial" in a political conversation what my brain hears the person saying is "I'm pissed that I haven't had decent sex in years."

Double your dosage of psychotropics to stop the voices.

No prescription for stupidity though, sorry.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
lol Trump bragging about how big his dick is in the debate

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

I'm glad people are finally coming around to recognizing that AIDS is epic.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
lol at the donald doublin' down on that illegal murder thing

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
The GOP establishment is the very definition of "too little too late."

Goddamn losers.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Kazak_Hstan posted:

lol Trump bragging about how big his dick is in the debate

I don't get why, it's already been inside Megyn Kelly. :quagmire:

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

the schlong form birth certificate

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Footage of Trump crashing RNC/donor meeting has leaked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3dl32LaOls

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Cop gay. So What posted:

Jeb! Rubio Romney will save the Republican Party!

All of the GOP champions are falling under Trump's swordf.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

zen death robot posted:

Someone asked me to wordfilter Trump to Drumpf and I declined to encourage a bad meme

Thank you, its one of the dumbest memes against him I've seen. There's so much poo poo you could go after Trump for but that's what they have?

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
My favorite thing about Donald Trump is his $3 billion brand that returns 1% of that in a year.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Immortan posted:

I don't get why, it's already been inside Megyn Kelly. :quagmire:

I wonder if he really hosed her

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Alucard Nacirema posted:

I wonder if he really hosed her

Zero chance she dated the Donald.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Lord of Pie posted:

DRUMPF!

*klicken*

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

President Trump will absolve him. :)

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

*cackles, waves penis*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Immortan posted:

It's amazing how people think John Oliver is some sort of amazing, progressive intellectual; when in reality all he does is perpetuate the outrage culture thats currently consuming the left. His high-pitched, heavily accented voice is insufferable alone.

It's no coincidence all his large segments get put on youtube.

• Locked thread