Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

corn in the bible posted:

drat, Atelier Ayesha is a hell of a lot harder than E&L was. Fortress was hardcore but I did beat him and that felt good

Yeah, I didn't manage to beat all the super bosses on my first playthrough. I really enjoyed how you actually had to explore the world to find everything you needed to get the 'better' endings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
For those not yet on the EDF train: Get it. Unless you have a lump of coal in place of your heart it will be fun for you.

Also, rush through the missions on easy to get to Pale Wing ASAP. She really makes the game shine in every way, by allowing you to go everywhere in a level and usefully flank groups of enemy mobs.

While i'm at it, have some gameplay in motion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1solr9brAuI&t=808s

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 4, 2016

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Healbot posted:

In Japan, probably. Vita has not broken the 10m mark globally though.

Globally, the Vita hit 12 mil last year and is a bit over 13.4 mil now. The Wii U is around 12.8 mil.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
Will the Vita sync my PS1 saves to my PS3 and vice versa with PSPlus?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I got the PS4 EDF and since it would take approximately 1000 hours to do everything in that game decided I didn't need another one right away.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yes, it's how I played FF7 swapping between both when I left the house.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
New art for Stranger Sword City

Alternate videos and arts on gematsu

New mons for Digimon World Next Order

New trailer for Caligula

DOAX 3 showcases..... costumes and pole dancing....

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

SnatchRabbit posted:

Will the Vita sync my PS1 saves to my PS3 and vice versa with PSPlus?

yeah, it can do that. there's also some ps3/vita games with that capability. but you can also transfer stuff between the two over wifi or usb so you don't need psplus to do that.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo

yeah, it can do that. there's also some ps3/vita games with that capability.

Nice, is there anything special I need to do in settings?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

SnatchRabbit posted:

Nice, is there anything special I need to do in settings?

Sorry, I guess I was mistaken about the psplus cloud saving thing (only lets you upload Vita and ps3 saves... which is stupid) but you can absolutely sync the saves over local wifi. Use the content manager and you can send the memory card back and forth or store it on your PC. Sorry to mislead you but I was SO sure you could :(

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hahaha oh man this 64GB is worth the price of admission in that I can have virtually every Vita/PSP/PS1 game I own and could ever feasibly want go play stored on it together. Downloaded everything and I still have 14 GB left over. I dunno when I'll get around to playing both of the TitS games but they're both gonna be on my memory card forever!

I feel like customizing this with themes now, does anyone have a link to a good Vita theme site?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

What, you don't like the Anime Sniper Theme? :v:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

What's the failure rate on the 64GB? I've heard horror stories, and it's the only thing that makes me go "Eeeehhhhhhhhhhhh" about it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Nobody made any "scientific" tests about it, but most horror stories do seem to be about the 64 GB card.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
What is this? Some kind of new anime Baldur's Gate?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I bought a ps3

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
It's going to be a WIzardry-like dungeon crawler if I recall. Although I do see the resemblance with BG's art.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Here's a small Cold Steel 2 loc blog:
https://www.facebook.com/XSEEDTrails/posts/1343859172306159

Voice recording's gonna start next week apparently.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Takoluka posted:

What's the failure rate on the 64GB? I've heard horror stories, and it's the only thing that makes me go "Eeeehhhhhhhhhhhh" about it.

never had a single problem with mine, but of course that's a sample of 1

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Back in the old thread most of them (like one post every hundred pages) was about a 64 gig except for the time it was a 32 and I think one time it just turned out the guy forgot to push his 64 card in all the way. In either case my vita has yet to explode so it's all good at the moment.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mithaldu posted:

For those not yet on the EDF train: Get it. Unless you have a lump of coal in place of your heart it will be fun for you.

Also, rush through the missions on easy to get to Pale Wing ASAP. She really makes the game shine in every way, by allowing you to go everywhere in a level and usefully flank groups of enemy mobs.

While i'm at it, have some gameplay in motion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1solr9brAuI&t=808s

Pale Wing is best girl

Don't forget EDF2, which gives you Pale Wing (and Air Raider) right from the start.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Really Pants posted:

Pale Wing is best girl

Don't forget EDF2, which gives you Pale Wing (and Air Raider) right from the start.

In roughly 5 years, when i'm done with EDF 2017. :v:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Gratz gamer

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Have any of y'all had success using the Vita as an emulation platform for old Nintendo/Sega systems?

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

MisterAlex posted:

Have any of y'all had success using the Vita as an emulation platform for old Nintendo/Sega systems?

Barking up the wrongest of trees

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

kojei posted:

Barking up the wrongest of trees
I don't see why. If it's :filez: you're concerned about, there's not anything wrong or illegal about homebrew applications, including emulators. I didn't ask you for dumps of your game cartridges or anything.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

In the sense that the vita is locked down very tightly

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
What you're looking for is a PSP, which is probably the best option for this kind of stuff.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Cake Attack posted:

In the sense that the vita is locked down very tightly
I see. Oh, well. I was kind of hoping that getting a Vita would mean I could offload all of my PSP's functions to the new device.

Edit:

bloodychill posted:

What you're looking for is a PSP, which is probably the best option for this kind of stuff.
Thanks. That's currently one of my PSP Go's duties. I just figured it might be cool to give that to my roommate when I pick up the Vita.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

MisterAlex posted:

I see. Oh, well. I was kind of hoping that getting a Vita would mean I could offload all of my PSP's functions to the new device.

The Vita is very deliberately designed to be the opposite of the PSP in regards to the massive amounts of homebrew.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
There's a generous character limit for naming one's Digimon(s?)

np: McDougal

Could a real Digi-dudette please tell me whether or not a Neutral mon gets an attack bonus for using a Neutral type attack, and what the INT stat does?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

MPLS to NOLA posted:

There's a generous character limit for naming one's Digimon(s?)

np: McDougal

Could a real Digi-dudette please tell me whether or not a Neutral mon gets an attack bonus for using a Neutral type attack, and what the INT stat does?

INT determines magical attack and magical resistance. you can check in a skill's description whether it's physical or magical. early on you won't have much choice in what attacks you give your mons, but it's still good to pay attention to which will be most effective in battle.

To answer your other question, no, there's no bonus for using the same type. Neutral attacks aren't too useful as a result, though they can still do bonus damage through elemental weaknesses. They make good tanks, though, since there's no way for them to be hit with double or triple damage -- slap some support or heal skills on there and let them back up your damage-dealers.

e: there are some good early game neutral attackers, like stingmon (has a fixed damage attack, which utterly decimates some bosses).

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 5, 2016

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

And new set of top downloads:

January (old)

1 Persona 4 Golden
2 Bastion
3 Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition
4 Tearaway
5 Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
6 Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
7 Terraria
8 Steins;Gate
9 FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster
10 Don’t Starve: Giant Edition

February (new)

1 Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
2 Borderlands 2
3 Breath of Fire III (PSP)
4 Soul Sacrifice Delta
5 Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
6 Persona 4 Golden
7 Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment-
8 J-STARS Victory VS+
9 Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition
10 Sword Art Online: Lost Song

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wow an actual new game at number 1, crrrrazy

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

For some reason that terrible Call of Duty game from like 4 years ago makes it into the EU chart like every month even though it costs £45 and got horrendous reviews

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

The power of marketing to children.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

INT determines magical attack and magical resistance. you can check in a skill's description whether it's physical or magical. early on you won't have much choice in what attacks you give your mons, but it's still good to pay attention to which will be most effective in battle.

To answer your other question, no, there's no bonus for using the same type. Neutral attacks aren't too useful as a result, though they can still do bonus damage through elemental weaknesses. They make good tanks, though, since there's no way for them to be hit with double or triple damage -- slap some support or heal skills on there and let them back up your damage-dealers.

e: there are some good early game neutral attackers, like stingmon (has a fixed damage attack, which utterly decimates some bosses).

Non-elemental attacks do have a higher base power than the elemental ones, at least. So if you're not able to hit a weakness there's no reason not to use them if you have them available.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How's the Bastion port on Vita? I feel like a real dumbass for not grabbing that when it was $3. That game would be great to have on a handheld.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

There's one negative review of it, that lambasts it for, of all things, lacking touch screen controls, since the dude played the iOS version first. Other than that the fps apparently go down a bit in hectic situations, and the sound is optimized for headphones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU8nrLyg8oM&t=585s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MisterAlex posted:

Heh heh. Yeah. Haven't there been more Vitas sold than Wii Us?
And despite that most of the good Wii U games still are rarely on sale new and barely discounted used :doh: