Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JacksAngryBiome
Oct 23, 2014

Raged posted:

Ok, dumb question. There are no TACs in MWO right????

Only ask because I had 3 TBRs blown up by the first hit they took from the same guy who was at least 800m away in CW. I'm talking unscratched to dead with my armor on the paperdoll showing everything intact on the first 2 deaths only the last death showed both side torso blown out from one salvo.. No other enemies around. I wasn't even in the same spot on the map those 3 times and i was going full speed. I have had a few deaths that were bullshit but this is some next level poo poo.

Edit: Why the heck doesn't MWO use Fairfight which some pretty drat good cheat detection.

Russ assures us that the number of cheaters are very few, so few that nothing really needs to be done, therefore you must be mistaken. Would you like to spend $85 on the new mech?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I'm going to start cheating imo

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
New mode/new map preview

http://www.twitch.tv/piranhagames/v/52189164

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
the funny thing about dudes who play this game is how massively insecure they are about pretty much everything

stringbean can back me up on this

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Xyretire posted:

2GB GT540. I dunno. It seems like it should be alright but my computer just really does not like this poo poo at all any more.

A GT540 is barely able to compete with modern onboard graphics let alone do loving anything more graphically intensive than Half-Life 1

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012
Nineteen, please tell whoever makes these decisions at PGI to add a "queue karma" point system that rewards playing underrepresented weight classes by giving queue priority on the popular classes. I want to play my heavies sometimes but the heavy pool is always full. If I'm willing to play lights and assaults 75% of the time, keep track of that and let me cut the line for heavies occasionally.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Pattonesque posted:

the funny thing about dudes who play this game is how massively insecure they are about pretty much everything

stringbean can back me up on this

One of my favorite passtimes is to troll the everloving gently caress out of the ones who rage at their team.

A personal favorite is any variation of "That's really insightful, you should blog about it."

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Surprise Giraffe posted:

That's got to be bullshit. If they were that braindead they'd be unable to type the news

Professional Retard Russ Bullock uses twitter for everything now so they pretty much are unable to type news.

https://twitter.com/russ_bullock/status/705250549407490048

https://twitter.com/russ_bullock/status/705416652502896640

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Because the Zeus and grasshopper needed to be worse. :psyduck:

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012
On the one hand I can understand the rationale for having mech volume scale closely with weight, but on the other it's a sci-fi robot game where the laws of physics have already been utterly disregarded in a million other areas. If they really want to upscale bad mechs I hope they at least do something to help them out in other ways (this will almost definitely not happen :pgi:).

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Talmonis posted:

One of my favorite passtimes is to troll the everloving gently caress out of the ones who rage at their team.

A personal favorite is any variation of "That's really insightful, you should blog about it."

the GIRL tag really brings out the weirdos

I told a dude that most men are dull, humorless, and cowardly and he ended up ranting to me about how Europe is falling to the foreign hordes

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
That was loving retarded. Literally made an off the cuff remark because I saw pattonesque. Something like "GIRLs are gross, I heard it from a close friend" so it was an obvious comment about the faction not girls the gender. But off goes mister MRA to defend his fellow MAN. Match goes on, I think my team squeezed a narrow win and I was calling targets. The guy squeezes this gem out:

"Well a dull humorless man just led us to victory"

Match ended with me trying to woo Patton.

e: think I may have to switch to GIRL. There some form of a wait to get in there?
e2: Better question is, if I quit WoL. Can I get into GIRL like... now? or is there some form of wait.

Stringbean fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Mar 4, 2016

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Stringbean posted:

That was loving retarded. Literally made an off the cuff remark because I saw pattonesque. Something like "GIRLs are gross, I heard it from a close friend" so it was an obvious comment about the faction not girls the gender. But off goes mister MRA to defend his fellow MAN. Match goes on, I think my team squeezed a narrow win and I was calling targets. The guy squeezes this gem out:

"Well a dull humorless man just led us to victory"

Match ended with me trying to woo Patton.

e: think I may have to switch to GIRL. There some form of a wait to get in there?

It was a cap win too, of all things

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Ehhh gently caress it, I'll take an invite to GIRL whenever someone has the chance. Thanks in advance.

Girl tag will go very well with my paint-uniform I've made for my mechs. White, Pink and Red.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Last night's forest map victory was hilarious. Goons as a single ponderous bulk drunkenly wandered off in to a corner of the map never seen before when someone saw a crescent shaped cliff with a slight overhang. "Everyone put your backs to the wall under the cliff. Nobody off the wall. Every goon is against the wall" and the other team had no idea WTF to do. A few scout lights found us by rounding the corner into the middle of a crescent firing line before they evaporated from a dozen people staring at one target. The rest of their team sat on top of the cliff trying to shoot straight down at us, failing miserably and occasionally falling off the cliff into the feeding frenzy below.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

SumYungGui posted:

Last night's forest map victory was hilarious. Goons as a single ponderous bulk drunkenly wandered off in to a corner of the map never seen before when someone saw a crescent shaped cliff with a slight overhang. "Everyone put your backs to the wall under the cliff. Nobody off the wall. Every goon is against the wall" and the other team had no idea WTF to do. A few scout lights found us by rounding the corner into the middle of a crescent firing line before they evaporated from a dozen people staring at one target. The rest of their team sat on top of the cliff trying to shoot straight down at us, failing miserably and occasionally falling off the cliff into the feeding frenzy below.

Ghost Cliff Nerf incoming

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Super 3 posted:

Ghost Cliff Nerf incoming

Ghost Clipping: "We have re-evaluated the bounding boxes for some terrain areas"

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Stringbean posted:

Ehhh gently caress it, I'll take an invite to GIRL whenever someone has the chance. Thanks in advance.

Girl tag will go very well with my paint-uniform I've made for my mechs. White, Pink and Red.

Invite sent

wait, stringBEAN or stringBEANS?

Pattonesque fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Mar 4, 2016

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
AH, a 3 day wait whilst I wait for my contract to drop.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

SumYungGui posted:

I have uninstalled this game but please post video

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

SumYungGui posted:

Also there was a bard playing wonderwall

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012
Free premium time available this weekend - one 24-hr code to redeem per day Fri/Sat/Sun.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Another hilarious victory on Forest Colony: the entire OpFor went the mountain road.

The only reason we didn't win 12-0 was because the last enemy SRM Jenner got a lucky hit on a dude as we were canvasing the map for him.

12-1 is still a pretty good score.

Didn't make that much on it though. Tried to flank them but they almost all died by the time we got there.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
If anyone has a spare 7 million c-bills lying around (plus another 6 or so to kit it out) you should buy a Black Knight

they have low mounts but are basically the kings of the 3-500 meter skirmish range. 3LPL/5ML is a 58-point alpha that takes less than a second to deliver.

you have to use an XL but they're pretty XL-safe and have some of the best structure bonuses in the game

Black Knight: for all your laser surgery needs

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
MWO players seem to get really mad when you point out that the game's population hasn't seen any growth since the steam launch, and that the total number of players online at any given time is about a 10th of similar f2p games. The Stockholm Syndrome is very real.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pattonesque posted:

If anyone has a spare 7 million c-bills lying around (plus another 6 or so to kit it out) you should buy a Black Knight

they have low mounts but are basically the kings of the 3-500 meter skirmish range. 3LPL/5ML is a 58-point alpha that takes less than a second to deliver.

you have to use an XL but they're pretty XL-safe and have some of the best structure bonuses in the game

Black Knight: for all your laser surgery needs

I run laser boats all the time, and I couldn't get to like the Black Knights. The biggest thing was the realization that the head could be hit from any angle, and always counted against CT. If you faced a team that knew this, you'd die instantly, and it turned into a first person to shoot 'won' test of reflexes.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Rape Stink posted:

MWO players seem to get really mad when you point out that the game's population hasn't seen any growth since the steam launch, and that the total number of players online at any given time is about a 10th of similar f2p games. The Stockholm Syndrome is very real.

Does it matter?

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

taqueso posted:

Does it matter?

no, but it is hilarious

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

taqueso posted:

Does it matter?

If your game isn't literally counterstrike then it's evolve.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

EoRaptor posted:

I run laser boats all the time, and I couldn't get to like the Black Knights. The biggest thing was the realization that the head could be hit from any angle, and always counted against CT. If you faced a team that knew this, you'd die instantly, and it turned into a first person to shoot 'won' test of reflexes.

Yeah I hear ya. The big right arm helps with that but it can be an issue (especially against other Black Knights)

You'll eat Timber Wolves alive in that 3-400m band though, and you can collect Dire Wolf torsos by the dozen

taqueso posted:

Does it matter?

All warfare is class brand warfare

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Hey come to think of it -- does anyone own Grasshoppers? If the Black Knight is good, I figure the Grasshopper would be too -- less tanky, but better at range and the advantage of JJs

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Pattonesque posted:

Hey come to think of it -- does anyone own Grasshoppers? If the Black Knight is good, I figure the Grasshopper would be too -- less tanky, but better at range and the advantage of JJs

NKVA uses drop decks with nothing but grasshoppers and black knights.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Washout posted:

Yeah I can see how that'd be brutal. Do they go with more ranged builds on the Grasshoppers?

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Washout posted:

wow.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Well I only fought against them once recently, but yea.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pattonesque posted:

I do and I mastered a bunch of the different chassis.

They're good in principle but basically the geometry is the key issue. They are walking billboards and you'll be forever exposed because nearly nothing functions as cover. Grasshoppers are even easier to shoot than an Awesome. This is bad.

The -P variant is the tankiest and you can run two dead sacrificial arms for torso twisting and stick LPLs in your shoulders. No energy heat reduction quirks is the trade off. Take one jump jet to get over obstacles but no more.

Batts
Apr 4, 2009

taqueso posted:

Also there was a bard playing wonderwall

I can neither confirm nor deny these allegations. :v:

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

Pattonesque posted:

Yeah I can see how that'd be brutal. Do they go with more ranged builds on the Grasshoppers?

yeah, even though they nerfed energy range (not really, but whatev) we still like to go for the longest range we can to counter the predominately brawler-based clan teams we fight

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

A Curvy Goonette posted:

yeah, even though they nerfed energy range (not really, but whatev) we still like to go for the longest range we can to counter the predominately brawler-based clan teams we fight

I hear ya. Something like this maybe?

GHR-5P

I just hacked it up in three minutes so I dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

Pattonesque posted:

I hear ya. Something like this maybe?

GHR-5P

I just hacked it up in three minutes so I dunno

kinda. that may be pretty spicy so you could drop them to regular larges and add some mediums/medium pulses into the mix. maybe some lpls. you also want to maximize your heatsinks and jumpjets when at all possible

• Locked thread