Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Solice Kirsk posted:

Actually won't be too bad of a way to go. Slip off into a beautiful sleep and never wake up again. Not the way I'd want to go, but still pretty good as far as deaths are concerned.

I want my death to involve a chainsaw, a dirt bike, and some pissed off bears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Literally The Worst posted:

Same.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Woah, back of the line buddy. I didn't buy my Suicide-Chainsaw-Dirtbrike Bear-Battle Fantasy Camp tickets a year in advance so some Johnny Come Lately can waltz in and awesomely die before me

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

You look like a Cracker Jack box with a bad prize inside
I purposely OD'd on a bunch of narcotics and alcohol (yeah bad idea) and the sensation as I drifted into a coma was not what I had expected. It was pretty terrible feeling all around, I'd much rather die from having my dick stuck in a vag for too long.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
My other ideal death involves seven large breasted women, a small sand dune of cocaine, and a dirt bike

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

Sometimes it's the smoke and fire, or explosions

Sometimes it's a blood clot working its way loose midflight. :)

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ServoMST3K posted:

I purposely OD'd on a bunch of narcotics and alcohol (yeah bad idea) and the sensation as I drifted into a coma was not what I had expected. It was pretty terrible feeling all around, I'd much rather die from having my dick stuck in a vag for too long.

Don't mean to pry too much, but what was it like? I've done stupid combinations of narcotics and alcohol and benzos and what have you in the past that probably could have killed me but the worst that happened was I peed my bed after passing out on it and I don't remember any negative feelings

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

Don't mean to pry too much, but what was it like? I've done stupid combinations of narcotics and alcohol and benzos and what have you in the past that probably could have killed me but the worst that happened was I peed my bed after passing out on it and I don't remember any negative feelings

I can't speak to their situation, but in mine (with alcohol/benzos/opiates) breathing became a conscious effort every 20 seconds or so. I spent 3 or 4 hours deciding to consciously breathe rather than sleep and die.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

RNG posted:

I can't speak to their situation, but in mine (with alcohol/benzos/opiates) breathing became a conscious effort every 20 seconds or so. I spent 3 or 4 hours deciding to consciously breathe rather than sleep and die.

That's about when you get super conscious of how slow your heart is beating too. Nothing you can do about it either, just waiting and feeling it slowing and hoping it doesn't stop because you'll have a solid couple seconds of knowing the end is coming.

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

You look like a Cracker Jack box with a bad prize inside

Aesop Poprock posted:

Basically it skipped the pleasant high/hosed up feeling of smaller mixes of alcohol/drugs and you quickly realize you can't feel/control parts of your body. I recall feeling the loss of sensation in my lower jaw of all places and then it dawned on me that maybe I should call someone and tell them what happened. Can't remember a drat thing after 5-15 minutes after ingesting it.

There's very, very little chance of the same thing happening to you unless you swallow a pharmacy like I tried doing.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

My other ideal death involves seven large breasted women, a small sand dune of cocaine, and a dirt bike

Now you're cutting in my line.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
What the gently caress some of you need to learn how to handle your drugs

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

pookel posted:

He had some kind of mental handicap/impairment, but regularly wrote in mysterious ciphers that no one else could read? Was he autistic? Schizophrenic?

It seems to me that if you were keeping information for yourself, as opposed to communicating with someone else, you could make a cipher unbreakable simply by mixing gibberish with the real message and remembering which was which.

It's probably a one time pad, making it essentially unbreakable if the code is in fact random or has a solution known only to the person who wrote it. Another thing no one seems to bring up is that maybe he found the notes. Growing up my friends older brother had some pretty strong mental issues and one of the things he would do was just sort of collect notes and things he found because he didn't have a great grasp on what made certain things people wrote down (like his medication info and what bus to take) really important and so when he saw notes he would grab them because he assumed they shouldn't be lost.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Apraxin posted:

It's maybe the weirdest thing I've ever seen in a serious news program (possibly :nms: audio for desperate screaming):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0DtWDNzf3Y

Wow, today they would have bleeped out the goddamn (Or at least god)

A parachute not opening, that's a way to die.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

ElwoodCuse posted:

I like to think after a little bit you just kind of go "gently caress it." and just ride it out.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

ElwoodCuse posted:

Wow, today they would have bleeped out the goddamn (Or at least god)

Getting caught in the gears of a combine... having your nuts bit off by a Laplander, that's the way I wanna go....

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Degenerate Star posted:

If it's 'penis captivus' like the article suggested, that means that it's her muscles refusing to let go of him, not his dick that's the problem.

Which is still :barf:.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penis_captivus

quote:

Scanzoni's patient was "a completely healthy young woman, married for six months". She and her husband had to abstain from sexual intercourse because her intense vaginal contractions were "most painful to him and ... did on several occasions end in a spasm ... which sometimes lasted more than ten minutes and made it impossible for the couple to separate".

quote:

In her memoir An Impossible Woman (1975), Graham Greene's friend Dottoressa Elisabeth Moor recounts how she was once urgently called to the Hotel Eden-Paradiso in Anacapri, Italy. "And there I found a young German girl, in the bathtub in a pool of blood, who begged me to do what I could; I should help her as she was bleeding to death" from "a tear in the vagina". The girl had been having sex with a man and her vagina had clamped tightly around his swollen penis. In freeing his penis, the man had inflicted "a heavily bleeding tear. A very deep wound." He had then fled. After Dottoressa Moor had stanched the bleeding, she and a colleague she had summoned stitched the girl up. "She healed very well." Dottoressa Moor adds, "These cases are not as rare as you think." She mentions – though only as hearsay – "a much worse case" involving a Swiss girl that occurred in Lucerne, Switzerland, during the war and resulted in "dreadful injuries" when the man panicked: "they had got stuck inside each other. It needed two or three doctors to help to undo them."[3]
:ohdear:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

What the gently caress some of you need to learn how to handle your drugs

I like to eyeball my doses, no biggie. And I'll share the trip reports afterward so we can learn from the experience; after all, it's all about harm reduction.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Ms Boods posted:

Getting caught in the gears of a combine... having your nuts bit off by a Laplander, that's the way I wanna go....

Oh deer...

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

What the gently caress. I literally didn't know humans could get stuck together like cats or dogs if they hosed and I really don't appreciate this information

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

What the gently caress. I literally didn't know humans could get stuck together like cats or dogs if they hosed and I really don't appreciate this information

In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an Angel! in apprehension how like a god! The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
In the spirit of Freudian vagina dentata has the fish that swims up the urethra and deploys spikes been mentioned yet

e: please no https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candiru

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

you freaked out in a chat thread because your cat peed on a wall socket and you thought your house was going to burn down

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

vaguely posted:

you freaked out in a chat thread because your cat peed on a wall socket and you thought your house was going to burn down

Well, he did specify 'ideal' death, and not 'most likely' death.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

vaguely posted:

To be fair, cat piss guy was a different dude. Literally the Worst was the one who constantly whined about not having money or a job, then posted pictures of the three hundred dollar robot man toy he'd just bought.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Dylanthulhu posted:

I like to think after a little bit you just kind of go "gently caress it." and just ride it out.

The running joke is, if your reserve malfunctions, aim for your rigger's (reserve packer) car.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

vaguely posted:

I definitely did not because I have only had one cat in the last ten or fifteen years and he never peed on a light socket that I know of

poo poo on my roommate when she was bringing him home, though. That was funny.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Crow Jane posted:

To be fair, cat piss guy was a different dude. Literally the Worst was the one who constantly whined about not having money or a job, then posted pictures of the three hundred dollar robot man toy he'd just bought.

Not having a job came after that, and coincidentally was about the same time I was literally so manic that I was hallucinating for most of a month

So that was just a real bad time for me, overall

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Not having a job came after that, and coincidentally was about the same time I was literally so manic that I was hallucinating for most of a month

So that was just a real bad time for me, overall

Wow I really care a lot. Bitch

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Nobody talk about yourself in this thread unless you finally get confirmation from the FBI that your grandpa was the Chicago Tylenol killer.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jack Gladney posted:

Nobody talk about yourself in this thread unless you finally get confirmation from the FBI that your grandpa was the Chicago Tylenol killer.

Whatever happened with that, anyway?

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Jack Gladney posted:

I don't know about that, but I think my Senator may be the Zodiac killer...

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Whatever happened with that, anyway?

The person came back from contacting the Feds, said the FBI 'would look into it' and I think that was that.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Wedemeyer posted:

The person came back from contacting the Feds, said the FBI 'would look into it' and I think that was that.

Yeah didn't seem like there was really enough evidence for them to actually do anything or even look into it further

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

I definitely did not because I have only had one cat in the last ten or fifteen years and he never peed on a light socket that I know of
guess i was thinking of a different sad man
sorry for making GBS threads up the thread, friends! have some photos of an abandoned theme park that i intend to get drunk in next halloween

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

vaguely posted:

guess i was thinking of a different sad man
sorry for making GBS threads up the thread, friends! have some photos of an abandoned theme park that i intend to get drunk in next halloween

Talk about a pain in the ol' Gulliver.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

Choco1980 posted:

Oh deer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n08mNz9f0FQ&t=56s

The Naked Gun is a series that everyone should be made to recognize quotes from.

quote:

Prior to the delivery of this instrument of conveyance, the grantee herein has been advised by the grantor that the premises above described have been filled, in whole or in part, to the present grade level thereof with waste products resulting from the manufacturing of chemicals by the grantor at its plant in the City of Niagara Falls, New York, and the grantee assumes all risk and liability incident to the use thereof. It is therefore understood and agreed that, as a part of the consideration for this conveyance and as a condition thereof, no claim, suit, action or demand of any nature whatsoever shall ever be made by the grantee, its successors or assigns, against the grantor, its successors or assigns, for injury to a person or persons, including death resulting therefrom, or loss of or damage to property caused by, in connection with or by reason of the presence of said industrial wastes. It is further agreed as a condition hereof that each subsequent conveyance of the aforesaid lands shall be made subject to the foregoing provisions and conditions.

This was a clause in the sale of the Love Canal toxic waste dump to the Niagara Falls City School District in 1953. Initially the owner Hooker Chemical Company was against the sale and were upfront about why it was such a bad idea. After a time of continued insistence from school representatives, the company realized that they had an opportunity to unload a major liability. The entire area was then sold for a dollar with the above quoted clause.

In the span of a decade, Hooker Chemical had managed to dispose of 21,000 tons of chemical waste right up to the year of sale. The first school (yes FIRST) was built 85 feet away from the preferred location when digging found clusters of 55 gallon barrels filled with toxic waste in two separate locations. A second school was made two years later only six blocks away.

The remaining land was later sold to property developers without any mention of the site history or the continued discovery of more barrels. This managed to make things worse as construction punctured clay linings that kept toxins from being spread by rainwater. The only outlet for this water to the Niagara River was then cut off by the construction of an expressway. Waste continued to concentrate for two decades before alarms were raised in the late seventies.

The EPA Administrator for the region stated "I visited the canal area at that time. Corroding waste-disposal drums could be seen breaking up through the grounds of backyards. Trees and gardens were turning black and dying. One entire swimming pool had been had been popped up from its foundation, afloat now on a small sea of chemicals. Puddles of noxious substances were pointed out to me by the residents. Some of these puddles were in their yards, some were in their basements, others yet were on the school grounds. Everywhere the air had a faint, choking smell. Children returned from play with burns on their hands and faces."

The result was the first time that US Congress approved emergency funding for something other than a natural disaster. Now the word superfund is as toxic as the waste they are intended to clean up.

Well worth the time to read through

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Wedemeyer posted:

Always wanted a nice capper to that story. Oh well.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Harold Stassen posted:

In the spirit of Freudian vagina dentata has the fish that swims up the urethra and deploys spikes been mentioned yet

e: please no https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candiru

That's just a myth, so far no one's found conclusive evidence of it ever happening.

Wikipedia posted:

These smaller species are known for an alleged tendency to invade and parasitise the human urethra; however, despite ethnological reports dating back to the late 19th century,[5] the first documented case of the removal of a candiru from a human urethra did not occur until 1997, and even that incident has remained a matter of controversy.

Wikipedia posted:

When subsequently interviewed, Spotte stated that even if a person were to urinate while "submerged in a stream where candiru live", the odds of that person being attacked by candiru are "(a)bout the same as being struck by lightning while simultaneously being eaten by a shark." [22]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

Another horrifying elevator story. Take the stairs, everyone.

quote:

Elevator maintenance men returning to work after a month-long break for Chinese new year made a horrific discovery last week when they opened the cab of a broken lift and found the body of a woman who had been trapped inside since late January and starved to death.

The victim, believed to be in her late thirties or early forties, was identified only by her surname, Wu. Investigators said that when her corpse was found, her hands were mangled – apparently due to her attempts to pry open the cab doors.