Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
generally a2 discussions cause you cancer so yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011
Why is Jone Nikula there. Why.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Fabulous Knight posted:

Someone has to represent the äijä in the debates.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Fabulous Knight posted:

quote:

Jotkut voivat pitää sitä naiivina, mutta voin vannoa, että meillä tekijöillä on aito halu tehdä tasapuolista, toisia kunnioittavaa ja laadukasta journalismia. On aivan mahtavaa työskennellä toimittajana mediatalossa, joka uskaltaa nostaa yhteiskunnan ongelmat esille ja keskustella niistä.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Herman Merman posted:

Jotkut voivat pitää sitä naiivina, mutta voin vannoa, että meillä tekijöillä on aito halu tehdä tasapuolista, toisia kunnioittavaa ja laadukasta journalismia. On aivan mahtavaa työskennellä toimittajana mediatalossa, joka uskaltaa nostaa yhteiskunnan ongelmat esille ja keskustella niistä.

- Ilja Janitskin

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
They should invite some self proclaimed Daesh to be the other extreme.

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011

Right, and he's been fine. I was just kind of wondering about his, uh, expertise on the matter before the show started but it's not like everyone else is a professional on the matter either.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
imo they should invite päivi räsänen to all of those shows

in one year we wouldnt have state church anymore

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hogge Wild posted:

imo they should invite päivi räsänen to all of those shows

in one year we wouldnt have state church anymore

We'd make Diocletianic Persecution look like a light dispute

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Gortarius posted:

Hmm, a show on YLE about street gangs and immigration and whatever else is on tonight.

Are these themed discussion panels worth anything?

The only thing I vaguely remember about them was some really sick guy talking about how he has to use medical marihuana to function at all, and Jari Sarasvuo (I think? it might've been some other oval office) making fun of that guy on twitter because he wore a hat or some poo poo. Then backpedaled with his face red after learning that the guy was terminally ill or something.

They will have some value in the future as examples of how not to set up a worthwhile debate panel

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Cerebral Bore posted:

They will have some value in the future as examples of how not to set up a worthwhile debate panel

I do like how each side has some 600 people, from which most can maybe get in either one or zero puheenvuoro.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
It was suprisingly decent until they wheeled the grandma onscreen.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Gortarius posted:

- Ilja Janitskin

lol

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
I just read that someone was shouting that Finland is the rape capital of the Galaxy or something, or at least Europe.

I'm having a nice week so I can't be bothered to watch the shouting context to affirm if true or not.

edit: what the christ i hadn't heard of this http://www.hs.fi/kulttuuri/a1305928579131 at first I thought that was an april's fools, Yle wants to stop semi-quality shows to get more social media clicks and tweets about crazy people shouting at each other (from other crazy people who are online)

i'm losing my faith in humanity publicly funded media more and more every day pls help :(

Ligur fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Mar 3, 2016

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
I still don't understand why I'm paying 100€+ yearly for something I don't like or use very much.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Ligur posted:

edit: what the christ i hadn't heard of this http://www.hs.fi/kulttuuri/a1305928579131 at first I thought that was an april's fools, Yle wants to stop semi-quality shows to get more social media clicks and tweets about crazy people shouting at each other (from other crazy people who are online)

LMBO

bet they cancel MOT next.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

I loved the Russia evening on A2 ages ago, it had a real good shouting match and Ile burning Bäckman, who apparently is now under a police investigation? Albeit not for treason but libel.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Ligur posted:

I just read that someone was shouting that Finland is the rape capital of the Galaxy or something, or at least Europe.

I'm having a nice week so I can't be bothered to watch the shouting context to affirm if true or not.

i'm losing my faith in humanity publicly funded media more and more every day pls help :(

yle executives have always been dumbasses hth

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

YLE is run by Hakkarainen and other literal animals now.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

YLE is run by Hakkarainen and other literal animes now.

ftfy

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

YLE is run by Hakkarainen and other literal animals now.

We're all animals.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SnowblindFatal posted:

We're all animals.

:thejoke:

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
your humour is too highbrow for us plebs

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

hillo posted:

I still don't understand why I'm paying 100€+ yearly for something I don't like or use very much.

taxes are slavery

gently caress you man in washington my sweat does not belong to the poor

doverhog
May 31, 2013

hillo posted:

You are paying to educate the animals. Perhaps you might learn something too, hmmmm? :greenangel:

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Wow for great benefit Finland!!!1

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Wow Ylioppilaslehti has a excellent and thought out story. This is actually very relevant today in many different levels. In fact it is even more relevant today than it would have been five years ago.

I still remember (not pointing fingers) the crying about shoulder patches in the former Finland thread. Those people should have been ashamed back then, and should be ashmed now, and read that piece. Even though I know they won't: it's far too long for the twitter age. Needs too much concentration, has several paragraphs, omg wall of text.

tl;dr a guy who studies and is making a väikkäri about somepopulism and journalism made a juttu about the horrifying "hihamerkkikausti" of 2011

edit:

also päätoimittajien itku luotettavan median puolesta ja valemediasta, you guys probably noticed that? Yet they themselves peddle poo poo like described above.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
Extremely sad to see that Ylioppilaslehti has been taken over by fascists

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

So to the surprise of absolutely no-one AKT & co killed yhteiskuntasopimus. Now we'll see who runs BartertownFinland, AY or the gubmint.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Sipilä gave them an easy out by waffling and refusing to commit to most of the government actions that were supposed to go with it. Metalliliitto agreed to the deal but made the tax cuts a requirement and Sipilä already said no tax cuts so that could be construed as a refusal as well.

For some reason taxing cuts cutting taxes is bad if you're cutting them for low-income people. Weird!

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 4, 2016

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Double Bill posted:

So to the surprise of absolutely no-one AKT & co killed yhteiskuntasopimus. Now we'll see who runs BartertownFinland, AY or the gubmint.

To the surprise of absolutely nobody, the entire thing was a goddamn sham from the get-go.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
It seems like neither left or right likes the current government, or the centre. When will we blow up eduskuntatalo? Itsenäisyyspäivä would be a nice day for me, who's in?

Oh gently caress the gestapo I mean KRP is knocking, brb

hillo fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Mar 5, 2016

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

that seems too radical when the current level we're at is throwing soft drinks at terrible polticians

we should try beer next and then bodily waste maybe

or just throw lappari and cut out the middle man heyooo

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
didn't someone throw tp at vanhanen

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
I was talking with some guy about current government and he was like "YEAH KILL STUBB" (yeah our discussion got kind of wild)

I bet it was Hogge. God drat leftist anarchists. How can I make myself a anarchist leftist symbol so I can become a martyr?

Oh gently caress me it's RKP again knocking

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
True story one time I was having a nap and went to open the door, 2 cops at the door, one reaching for his taser/gun they asked me if I've heard anything, I told them "yeah I heard some yelling and maybe a gunshot from the house across" and they were like "ok" and hosed off, 1 minute later my roommates pizza guy delivered delicious kebab

It's really loving spooky to see cops that hyped at your door when you have just woken up... Especially when you live in the middle of nowhere in this small town where your idiologys are jokes

hillo fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 5, 2016

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Stubb is a hurri so maybe the guy was a closet ligur?

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

doverhog posted:

Stubb is a hurri so maybe the guy was a closet ligur?

Ei sillä välii, opiskelijoilta ja köyhiltä leikataan silti koska ne ei voi valittaa

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Prime Minister Juha Sipilä has threatened to put "pakkolaki" (or mandatory law changes to alter worker contracts) into effect if the attempt to form a "yhteiskuntasopimus" failed. Well, the talks have failed again for the nth time, now Sipilä admits there is no plan B, since there is no time to build said "pakkolaki."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
We really can't fault America for going Trump when Finland decided that a politically unexperienced failed businessman was the best man to lead the nation.