Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
My wife got into Real Time with Bill Maher recently and we decided to start rewatching eps beginning with the one the day after trumps mexicans/rapists/announcement thing.

It's absolutely surreal now. And, love or hate him, Bill is prescient as gently caress about what's coming down the pipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Al! posted:

That murder will be of trump by a RNC operative

That's almost as likely to happen as the murder of Cruz by one of his fellow senators

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Jewel Repetition posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMGn2qttCmE

The big man comes on camera at 20:50 (carrying a baby with post-apocalypse hair).

Something I didn't notice the first time around: THere are two sets of TRUMP letters and they replace unpainted ones with painted ones during the rally.
Thank you both.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Zeta Taskforce posted:

That's almost as likely to happen as the murder of Cruz by one of his fellow senators

Cruz will just expel his tonsil stones at them like a pistol shrimp and disappear into a cloud of hot air

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
I just turned on FOX NEWS and Megyn Kelly has gotten right into her "gently caress TRUMP" hour.

Good stuff!

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
I'm wondering if staging massive coordinated disruptions at Trump rallies might be a good way to blunt his campaign in the general. Since he does almost no retail politicking, large protests at each and every one of his events might become a problem for him.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Montasque posted:

I just turned on FOX NEWS and Megyn Kelly has gotten right into her "gently caress TRUMP" hour.

Good stuff!

Unleash Kells

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Montasque posted:

Good stuff!

I like this narrative that Trump is winning primaries with "his army of Democrats and Independents."

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Montasque posted:

This is much more likely, and almost a given at this point.

His rallies in the general are going to be bonkers.

E: W is so broken he now paints dogs and cats... Jeb refers to his brothers are as "crude."

well now i gotta get one of those paintings.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Looking back on the past month, I think Trump losing Iowa may have delivered him the primary. If he had won Iowa, the GOP knives would have come out much sooner. But because he lost to Ted Cruz, it was easy to write him off just a little bit longer as a clown who would eventually flame out without needing to get their hands dirty.

New Hampshire? Kook state. Not reliable! South Carolina? They're concerned now, but wait and see. Then he crushed Nevada and the elites finally realized that the Trump threat was real.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

People keep talking about a terrorist attack giving the election to Trump but I think it's way more likely a death/murder at a Trump rally gives it to the dem.

I wouldn't be surprised if a Trump supporter gets attacked first, actually. We're being inundated nonstop with breathless analysis of Trump being the New Hitler, stories about his supporters being blood-gargling psychopaths, straight-to-11 rhetoric about this being the Worst Possible Thing to Happen to America. It's just a matter of time before someone decides they should martyr themselves to strike directly at the Trumpstaffel.

I think it's pretty likely we see a serious incident, I'm just not sure who will be the victim.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Brannock posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if a Trump supporter gets attacked first, actually. We're being inundated nonstop with breathless analysis of Trump being the New Hitler, stories about his supporters being blood-gargling psychopaths, straight-to-11 rhetoric about this being the Worst Possible Thing to Happen to America. It's just a matter of time before someone decides they should martyr themselves to strike directly at the Trumpstaffel.

After all it would be in line with the many leftist attacks that have occurred in the country over the past 8 years like and

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

I'm wondering if staging massive coordinated disruptions at Trump rallies might be a good way to blunt his campaign in the general. Since he does almost no retail politicking, large protests at each and every one of his events might become a problem for him.

He already has large protests at each of his events. It's part of the show by this point.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

fiorina's still the only candidate who got a guy to commit a mass shooting (i'm probably being unfair but i am ok with it)

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Brannock posted:

Totally. If you buy into the Trump=Hitler rhetoric, I mean...

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Al! posted:

After all it would be in line with the many leftist attacks that have occurred in the country over the past 8 years like and

i guess we did just have a bunch of kkk pricks get roughed up in irvine

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
what's the problem with targeting families of terrorists? Israel does it and republicans fuckin love israel.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

CPAC guy is angry at Trump. Oh no.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I didn't say I found it likely, just that I wouldn't be surprised.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Brannock posted:

Looking back on the past month, I think Trump losing Iowa may have delivered him the primary. If he had won Iowa, the GOP knives would have come out much sooner. But because he lost to Ted Cruz, it was easy to write him off just a little bit longer as a clown who would eventually flame out without needing to get their hands dirty.

New Hampshire? Kook state. Not reliable! South Carolina? They're concerned now, but wait and see. Then he crushed Nevada and the elites finally realized that the Trump threat was real.

I think it's pretty likely we see a serious incident, I'm just not sure who will be the victim.

the victim will be the media

and all will rejoice, somehow

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm not sure somebody getting murdered would slow Trump down with his people at all. Not even if it was a literal lynching on the floor

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

i guess we did just have a bunch of kkk pricks get roughed up in irvine

I assume they used the nonviolence tactics of the Good Doctor when the damned liberal mob got out of hand

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also on the bus home, i was sitting next to a woman talking on the phone in the most glowing terms about Mitt Romneys denunciation of Trump, and how it is a shame he isnt running

BAH GAWD THAT SOUNDS LIKE A CONSTITUENCY TO ME! TO THE MITT MOBILE!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

which is not to say W was necessarily stupid, just not very inquisitive

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

reminded me of sitting on the metro and this dude was loudly talking on the phone about how the founding fathers intended the usa to be a christian nation and i seriously doubt there was anybody on the other end of the phone call

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

oystertoadfish posted:

fiorina's still the only candidate who got a guy to commit a mass shooting (i'm probably being unfair but i am ok with it)

I don't think this is unfair at all

In fact, I think it's emblematic of what's so horrible with politics in the USA that you think it is

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

so I looked into it and it looks like it was black bloc fighting nazi punks?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

One of the counter-protesters was stabbed with the decorative end of a flagpole, said Anaheim police Sgt. Daron Wyatt. An officer responding to the scene saw one of the Klansmen stab a counter-protester with a knife. The Klansman admitted to stabbing the man, but told the officers that it was self-defense, Wyatt said.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Xenophon posted:

I don't think this is unfair at all

In fact, I think it's emblematic of what's so horrible with politics in the USA that you think it is

i decided to qualify my statement in lieu of looking up any details that would let me feel more certain, which more or less lets extremists get away with poo poo the same way trump lying can make the people he's lying about doubt their own memory, so yeah you're exactly right

i think

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Al! posted:

I assume they used the nonviolence tactics of the Good Doctor when the damned liberal mob got out of hand

oh they stabbed some people. a jewish guy saved one of them from getting curbed so he could laugh at him for needing to be rescued by a christ killer.

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!

Brannock posted:

Nah I think the defining moment was Rubio's choke at the hands of Christie. Completely derailed #MARCOMENTUM.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

FOX is actually pushing Kasich. LOL.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Prof. Lurker posted:

Nah I think the defining moment was Rubio's choke at the hands of Christie. Completely derailed #MARCOMENTUM.
Yeah that was brutal. Would've knocked a buzzard off a gut wagon.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Intel&Sebastian posted:

My wife got into Real Time with Bill Maher recently and we decided to start rewatching eps beginning with the one the day after trumps mexicans/rapists/announcement thing.

It's absolutely surreal now. And, love or hate him, Bill is prescient as gently caress about what's coming down the pipe.

Bill is very prescient on all topics except a few which he's batshit on, and has been for 20 years.

Megyn Kelly has Luntz on and it looks like it's all hands on Kasich. LAST ONE LEFT GUYS!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its time to get serious and vote for someones lame dad, America

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Montasque posted:

FOX is actually pushing Kasich. LOL.

I called it as the establishment's last pick in December, but I didnt expect it to take so long for Rubio to fail entirely.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Oiled and Ready posted:

I called it as the establishment's last pick in December, but I didnt expect it to take so long for Rubio to fail entirely.

Kasich is polling in the single digits. It's amazing they're trying to rally behind him, especially post Super Tuesday.

The GOP really is finished.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

oh they stabbed some people. a jewish guy saved one of them from getting curbed so he could laugh at him for needing to be rescued by a christ killer.

owns

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Brannock posted:

Kasich is polling in the single digits. It's amazing they're trying to rally behind him, especially post Super Tuesday.

The GOP really is finished.

yeah this is pretty hilarious if it's the case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyGamerGuy
Oct 23, 2005

...whatever
What if eating the booger on national TV was Ted Cruz's greatest fear and now he is free?

• Locked thread