Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

As someone who knows quite a bit about the scene, Divekick is a bad game and you shouldn't play it.

edit: and that's speaking as someone who likes Dave Lang, it's just not good and overcomplicates what should be a very simple game to a ridiculous nigh-unplayable point

so it's a perfect representation of fighting games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Sleeveless posted:

it almost makes me regret not knowing enough about the fighting game scene to "get" Divekick.

The joke is that the giant wolverine creature has the same divekick as Wolverine from Marvel Vs. Capcom.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Alaois posted:

so it's a perfect representation of fighting games

:yeah:

I continue to struggle mightily with Injustice because holy poo poo there are just way too many mechanics and why does every character have like 1400 combos and why does my friend who has only played like 20 hours of this game somehow know all of them :negative:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Abraham links us have you tried, uh, gitting good

Also @barons drama aside have the Dota matches been good because I do like watching high-level Dota. For some reason

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Wrong thread you ding-dong.

(and yeah they've been pretty good)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
goddammit I also thought this was the Giant Bomb thread. we really need a special banner for that thread to confirm that you are in a shitposting-okay zone quaratined from the rest of these fine forums

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

My defense is that I was talking to a scrub on mobile

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

goddammit I also thought this was the Giant Bomb thread. we really need a special banner for that thread to confirm that you are in a shitposting-okay zone quaratined from the rest of these fine forums

i still don't know why that thread isn't in the Cool Crew Chat Zone

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Griffin is streaming Pokemon Yellow.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
I really like Interrobang so far. They both seem pretty thoughtful and I like how wide-ranging their conversations are.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

:boom: MBMBaM 292 :boom:

Edit: Also, Justin has stepped up his ASMR game

FutonForensic fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 29, 2016

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Obviously I need to put "street philosopher" on my resume.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Holy Chalupas! Justin's plan to help make the catchphrase into a meme was great.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Justin is 110% right about Fuller House

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
"3 slizzies and a scoopa"

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon

Drunkboxer posted:

Justin is 110% right about Fuller House

It's such a great show in such a horrible way.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Between Ridiculous Six and Fuller House Netflix are geniuses at targeting the irony demographic.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Don't skip Money Zone this week, there's like an entire fully-formed bit in there.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Oompa Loompa Doompity Doo, twenty two slices will kill you!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Wow I got so excited when Travis intervened at the notion that 22 slices was too many. That's so much 'zza!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Ariong posted:

Wow I got so excited when Travis intervened at the notion that 22 slices was too many. That's so much 'zza!

I loved how Griffin was at first receptive to the idea that the number is inflated due to being Cici's slices, but then once he considers the rate of consumption it's like he looked under a rock and found a loving cobra.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Guess what day it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFxe4Zpo5DY

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

God dammit Brad.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

New episode of Tomodachi Survivor :comeback:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Obama lookin to win this, I think he has a shot of overcoming the Jesse/Alf alliance. Wonder if we are going to see any idol play or if that is something they are keeping under wraps for season 2.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

PBS Newshour posted:

Obama lookin to win this, I think he has a shot of overcoming the Jesse/Alf alliance. Wonder if we are going to see any idol play or if that is something they are keeping under wraps for season 2.

If they wanted an idol mechanic, just have them agree ahead of time which common 'gift' item represents the idol, and then when one of the Miis randomly gives Justin that gift, they've played the idol for that week.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
If you're already a donor to maxfun they're sending links out to the donor content already. The MBMBAM and Adventure Zone bonus episodes are already up and boy are they great. Spoiler, Adventure Zone is Travis GMing and it's genuinely solid.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Is there a one-time donation you can make to get access to the donor content or does it have to be monthly?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There is an option to make a one-time donation, but I do not believe it gives you access to any of the donor rewards.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Can you do the $5 for just one month and then cancel, or is there a minimum required length?

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Ariong posted:

Is there a one-time donation you can make to get access to the donor content or does it have to be monthly?

I bet if you gave them the lowest donation tier ($5 a month = $60) as a lump sum you might negotiate for the bonus content access.
I've not done this but they're reasonable people so it's worth an email.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

flatluigi posted:

Can you do the $5 for just one month and then cancel, or is there a minimum required length?

I mean, that'd be kind of a dick move. In fact, it's in violation of all three of the Midnight Amendments.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
If I had the means to spend more money on them regularly I absolutely would, but unfortunately I don't.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I cancelled my donation because I fell on some hard times at work, but I still got this years bonus content? I'll probably donate again this year now that I'm on better footing, but dang they're kinda bad at this thing.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
What's the process of getting the bonus content if you donate? Do they just give you access to a collection of audio files, or is there a better way to get them into your podcast app and not just add them to iTunes?

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

User-Friendly posted:

What's the process of getting the bonus content if you donate? Do they just give you access to a collection of audio files, or is there a better way to get them into your podcast app and not just add them to iTunes?

There's a password to a site that hosts the individual files and videos (it's not just audio bonuses!) , and also has links with instructions for the bonus only rss feed.

The bonus videos include mbmbam and SPY doing mst3k style commentary on old educational films.

Scudworth fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Mar 5, 2016

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I didn't get a password what the poo poo

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Me neither, maybe it has to do with when you're billed? I get billed on the 17th of every month...

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I had an itunes feed of all the bonus stuff but since reinstalling itunes after a format I cant find it again. There's a page they send you in an email that gets updated every year. Haven't got mine yet either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
If you didn't get the password you need to email Lindsay at maxfun, they hosed up their donor list somehow and a bunch of people didn't get the email.