Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Do I have to buy both to get the discount or if I only want Zero I just need $45?

You have to buy both. Zero is $50, Guard is $15.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

To be fair the Japanese direct showed nearly a full battle which uh, you know.

Really the biggest crime is the fact the Boo's are probably going to stick with the crummy normal look instead of the cool Paper Mario one.

Such standardization

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the Paper Mario Boos look ugly, so i'm all in favor of the tried and true cute ones.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ometeotl posted:

Zero is 50 by itself.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

You have to buy both. Zero is $50, Guard is $15.

Cool, thank you.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Those boos are originally from Yoshi's Island (this is important)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
e: wrong thread

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

No matter how good Nintendo digital gets, there resale value consistency makes me want to buy all physical cause drat. Own for a year and get 45$ for it is so great.

Buying sfz physical is what I'm saying.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 5, 2016

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

This

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

You can text your friends in #FE. You can't do that in Persona.

loving millenials unable to appreciate talking to your video game friends in-person, everything's gotta be over the video game phone these days

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

the entire paper mario aesthetic is inspired by yoshi's island and yes, its very important

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Malo Mart theme is playing in the eShop right now.:3:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
give me the blazed as gently caress boos from mario sunshine

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bring back the Yoshi Island boos, but keep the dry bones the same since they weren't in Yoshi Island and the newer design is better anyway.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Bring back the Yoshi Island boos, but keep the dry bones the same since they weren't in Yoshi Island and the newer design is better anyway.
They're actually roughly based on Super Mario World

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
What people are fretting so much about Paper Mario is not an unfair criticism; a lot of what people disliked about New Super Mario Bros is that it really felt like nothing new was being brought to the table; it was old standards just redone in a new coat of paint. 3D world alleviated this, but I think Nintendo has become very protective of their brand image when it comes to Mario these days.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

What people are fretting so much about Paper Mario is not an unfair criticism; a lot of what people disliked about New Super Mario Bros is that it really felt like nothing new was being brought to the table; it was old standards just redone in a new coat of paint. 3D world alleviated this, but I think Nintendo has become very protective of their brand image when it comes to Mario these days.

it's not that they are complaining about it, it's how they're complaining about it

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I think Nintendo has become very protective of their brand image when it comes to Mario these days.

That's for the better. I mean Sega lets the Sonic series drop massive turds regularly and look how that turned out.

mycot fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 5, 2016

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

mycot posted:

That's for the better. I mean Sega lets the Sonic series drop massive turds regularly.

He's not talking about quality, but maintaining a single, unified style for all incarnations of the series. I think it's an overreaction, but some think that every recent Mario game has been forced to be NSMB-esque in one way or another.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Spellman posted:

They're actually roughly based on Super Mario World

Does not change that the newer design is better, look at that jawless loser.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Motto posted:

He's not talking about quality, but maintaining a single, unified style for all incarnations of the series. I think it's an overreaction, but some think that every recent Mario game has been forced to be NSMB-esque in one way or another.

Yes, precisely. I do not think this is strictly true, but Mario RPGs used to be a great source for weird and imaginitive locations and characters; something present today in the Mario and Luigi games (at least Dream Team) but sadly absent in Sticker Star, which felt like a watered down spin off game; it may have legs that will get to stretch in this color splash title, but whatever spirit was driving the original Paper Mario and TTYD games seems to have moved on to other IPs.

Frankly, this all means that it's time for Bowser to get his own first-person dungeon crawler title where he beats up monsters, then forces them to join his army, and in the end has to fight King Wart.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's time to accept that Wart is dead and will only live on in your dreams.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Motto posted:

Eh the same thing still applies kinda. The Sonic series is constantly bringing out new Original Characters and all of them are in different art styles (photorealistic humans, cartoony humans, literally Sonic with different ears, etc.) and nobody likes them. Like I know the easy rebuttal is "and don't make them all crap", but I think that's the general idea for it.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Motto posted:

Even Yoshi's New Island (3DS) did, it replaced all the old designs with the new designs. Like Baby Bowser had his own look but they made him look like Bowser Jr. It's annoying, the designs for the characters in each of these games were cute

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

mycot posted:

Eh the same thing still applies kinda. The Sonic series is constantly bringing out new Original Characters and all of them are in different art styles (photorealistic humans, cartoony humans, literally Sonic with different ears, etc.) and nobody likes them. Like I know the easy rebuttal is "and don't make them all crap", but I think that's the general idea for it.

Well for the NSMB people felt the gameplay additions were kind of lacking too, although I dunno, game has totally new physics and stuff working.

I think Mario as a brand is fine just as is, but it is a shame to see Paper Mario no longer providing means for strange and new facets of Mario's world to come to light.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The new Mario & Sonic game has 20 characters per side and it's really obvious that the Sonic side is really scraping after, like, 5 characters: http://www.olympicvideogames.com/en_GB/meet-the-competitors.html

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

That co-op mode in Star Fox Zero is everything I want.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The new Mario & Sonic game has 20 characters per side and it's really obvious that the Sonic side is really scraping after, like, 5 characters: http://www.olympicvideogames.com/en_GB/meet-the-competitors.html

There should be a story explaining Dry Bowser. I never understood why Nintendo decided to make him his own character.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Anyone got twilight princess HD yet?

quote:

"I washed my dick for you!"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Birdo and Wario: archery :confused:
What was the thought process behind Ludwig specifically being table tennis?
Why is Amy freestyle swimming? Shouldn't Vector be the swimmer? Give golf to Amy.
Bowser Jr: long jump?
Why is Eggman hurdles? Of all the people on that list, fatass dr eggman has no place running hurdles!
Who the gently caress is Eggman Nega

I would like some reasoning for some of these choices for my immersion, Nintendo

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I pre-ordered twilight princess from Amazon months ago and it still hasn't shipped, what the gently caress Amazon

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Mario: "Hey-a, Sonic, let's get together at the Olympics! Bring-a all of your friends!"
Sonic: "Y-yeah... My friends..." *sweats nervously*

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

drat was playinh twilight princess HD and went to grab another diet coke and when i came back my wii u powered down as well as my gamepad and the little light on my wii u was blinking red? i unplugged it and plugged it back in and everything seems fine again but i lost all that time on twilight princess and i feel my wii u is dying.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

smell this posted:

drat was playinh twilight princess HD and went to grab another diet coke and when i came back my wii u powered down as well as my gamepad and the little light on my wii u was blinking red? i unplugged it and plugged it back in and everything seems fine again but i lost all that time on twilight princess and i feel my wii u is dying.

Overheating, possibly? Is the vent on the side clear of debris/not pressed up against anything?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

"zazz"

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The best Sonic character is the last bubble of air that comes out when he drowns

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Wait, can you not just play as every character in every event anymore? Why?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

jivjov posted:

Overheating, possibly? Is the vent on the side clear of debris/not pressed up against anything?

it's pressed against nothing and pretty clean and clear, my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Got my preordered copy of Twilight Princess HD today, it's really good. The first part of the game just goes by so much faster and smoother, there are a lot less tutorials and very little stops the gameflow anymore. I can't even imagine playing a Zelda console game without a gamepad/second screen these days, the controls are absolutely steller(camera and horse are a bit awkward so far though). Game isn't necessary pretty, but far better than the original and perfectly serviceable if you are not picky. Also Midna remains the best and with the improvements this is definitely one of my all time favorite Zelda games. Hero mode is also surprisingly challenging, at least at first. If you disliked it before it's probably not going to change your mind, but if you liked it at all it's a really great upgrade.

• Locked thread