Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

Ehhhhh. It's dumb, I know, but the existence of emulators has really really devalued Virtual Console games in my eyes. I'd much rather have, well, NOT a Virtual Console game.

Picross e1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ometeotl posted:

Sonic Boom style Knuckles getting indicted by the Olympic Committee in a doping scandal.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lizard Wizard posted:

I bought Pokemon Art Academy on a whim a few days ago and have $7 left in my eShop account, is there anything I should buy?

Mercenaries Saga 2 is an okay budget SRPG, if you like that sort of thing, and should be about that price.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm gonna wait and see if anyone else has any recommendations, but please know that I value the opinions of you and your av and am strongly considering this.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Mercenaries Saga 2 is an okay budget SRPG, if you like that sort of thing, and should be about that price.

Is it like Fire Emblem or what, because I tried Sacred Stones and I could not grok it at all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

More like budget Final Fantasy Tactics/Ogre Battle than FE

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

Is it like Fire Emblem or what, because I tried Sacred Stones and I could not grok it at all.

There's a demo if you wanna try it out, I thought it was may more like FFT graphically, but idk what game it'd be similar to mechanically

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Good LORD there is a lot of cheap garbage on the eShop.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

limaCAT posted:

Guys, I go take a nap.
You go post new requests.
Lavos Core (technically the Lavos Bit) trying to buy groceries.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

*Lavos core hands a 100 dollar bill to buy 3 candy bars*

But.... the cashier refused to give change...

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

:yeah:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Twilight Princess HD is really good. It's still not the best Zelda or anything imo but it's nice to be playing a Zelda game again.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lavos Core (technically the Lavos Bit) trying to buy groceries.
Do this!

Lurdiak posted:

Lol

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Lurdiak posted:

:tizzy:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The WWII level in Blops 3 is pretty cool. Really wish more games would play around with reality like that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skeezy posted:

Twilight Princess HD is really good. It's still not the best Zelda or anything imo but it's nice to be playing a Zelda game again.

Did they make any changes to actual game design, like they did for Wind Waker HD and the worst sidequests?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

muscles like this? posted:

The WWII level in Blops 3 is pretty cool. Really wish more games would play around with reality like that.

It is a pretty cool trippy level and reminds of all the weird trippy stuff from UT99. I mean, if you're just going to make a multiplayer shooter, why not make the levels weird crazy poo poo that is fun to occasionally look at? It's a video game, go nuts.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Did they make any changes to actual game design, like they did for Wind Waker HD and the worst sidequests?

Instead of 16 Tears or whatever to collect as a Wolf Link it's now 12.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i am playing atelier shallie

which shallie to pick??

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
This is kind of random, but:

Back in the day, Chip and Ironicus made an LP of Uncharted. They featured in it links to videos of behind-the-scenes footage of Naughty Dog developers talking about the game. I wanted to refer back to one of those interviews, but the videos have been taken down. I was wondering where the original source of those interviews were and how I can view them now? Are they built into the game? If so, did they transfer over to the HD Collection?

EDIT: Oh hey I found it we're good

EDIT EDIT: Is it possible to download videos from Youtube?

8-Bit Scholar fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 5, 2016

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

This is kind of random, but:

Back in the day, Chip and Ironicus made an LP of Uncharted. They featured in it links to videos of behind-the-scenes footage of Naughty Dog developers talking about the game. I wanted to refer back to one of those interviews, but the videos have been taken down. I was wondering where the original source of those interviews were and how I can view them now? Are they built into the game? If so, did they transfer over to the HD Collection?

EDIT: Oh hey I found it we're good

EDIT EDIT: Is it possible to download videos from Youtube?

clipconverter.cc

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

limaCAT posted:

e3 is all about taking the days off to watch streams and chat on the internet, and just be a manchild on the forums, like a real loser

I only did this like 3 years nooooo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Lavos had a cool design

A bunch of cool designs

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I always wondered why the hell one of the bits was the real target on Lavos

Just seems like such a random fakeout

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

I always wondered why the hell one of the bits was the real target on Lavos

Just seems like such a random fakeout

Listen, if you sword a guy in the bits, he's not getting up.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

This is a really good comic but I thought BitF was donezo?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

This is a really good comic but I thought BitF was donezo?

It is, regrettably; that's quite an old one

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there's nothing more amazing than fighting a dragon in ff7, having cloud get burnt with fire breath, and then getting a textbox saying "LEARNED FLAME THROWER"

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The Colonel posted:

there's nothing more amazing than fighting a dragon in ff7, having cloud get burnt with fire breath, and then getting a textbox saying "LEARNED FLAME THROWER"

lol if you don't learn flamethrower in the mythril mines

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I remember some goon or another who told the story of how a friend of theirs named everyone normally except Barret, who they named "BIG BLACK" for the sole purpose causing the message BIG BLACK LIMIT BREAK to occasionally appear in battle.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
when i was a kid i named every rpg hero after me even if a game had more than one of them which got confusing

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Both of those things are amazing. All this talk is making me want to get ffvii and play it again. Ugh.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I've been playing Resident Evil Zero. I just beat the train and thought that was a pretty neato good Resident Evil map.

...now I think the game is about to go off the loving rails though.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Lizard Wizard posted:

I remember some goon or another who told the story of how a friend of theirs named everyone normally except Barret, who they named "BIG BLACK" for the sole purpose causing the message BIG BLACK LIMIT BREAK to occasionally appear in battle.

When I played Earthbound as a kid when it asked me what my favorite thing was at the beginning I said "My Pet" so the entire game my most powerful psychic attack was called "PSI My Pet α/β/γ/Ω"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

corn in the bible posted:

i am playing atelier shallie

which shallie to pick??

Obviously I'm too late now but green hair all the way

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Mak0rz posted:

Oh right I forgot Pac-Man was employed by Nintendo recently. Replace him with, uh, the tracksuit man from Space Harrier then.

That man's name is Space Harrier. Which is a pretty rad name to have.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
When I played pokemon silver, they asked me what the rival's name was, so I told them: it was "???"

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I've been playing Resident Evil Zero. I just beat the train and thought that was a pretty neato good Resident Evil map.

...now I think the game is about to go off the loving rails though.

You watched the opening cutscene which features a Final Fantasy villain singing opera to leeches, and you think now the game is going to go off the rails?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lady Naga posted:

You watched the opening cutscene which features a Final Fantasy villain singing opera to leeches, and you think now the game is going to go off the rails?

Well, I mean, that was weird sure, but he wasn't having conversations with people through security came footage and reassembling dead people out of slime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Well, I mean, that was weird sure, but he wasn't having conversations with people through security came footage and reassembling dead people out of slime.

I sure hope you enjoy Security Cam Pals because boy oh boy will you be seeing a lot of them.

• Locked thread