Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
Those evil FIENDS! Telling young vulnerable girls that life is not 100% about squeezing as much money from the masses as possible!? Not squeezing as much money from them as possible!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm just so loving aggressed against by these parents forcing me to not transport their children to my coal town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Nolanar posted:

Normally when I find something embarrassing a libertarian idol said, I like to dump it directly into the thread with little to no lead in. Your average weird diatribe by Crazy Uncle Murray has the best impact as a suckerpunch. However, both because it's necessary and because it will make the hateful old fucker spin in his grave, I'm going to preface this one with a :siren: Trigger Warning: :siren: this one's about date rape. I can't stress this enough, you should probably skip this post if you aren't prepared for a heaping helping of pure-strain repugnance to kickstart your day.

Anyway, Murray Rothbard is a huge piece of poo poo:

So conservatives are essentially split between those who don't want people to have sex at all, and those that want to have sex with anyone (even if they're not willing)?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
The second part is basically a superset containing the first though.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

EndOfTheWorld posted:

So last weekend I bought my customary seventeen boxes of Thin Mints from the local girl scouts. And I was struck by a thought! Why are these girls selling cookies and learning about abortions and misandry when they could be put to work in a chip fabrication plant? They're obviously willing to work, so perhaps it's time...

http://thefederalist.com/2016/03/04/girl-scout-cookies-prove-we-need-to-end-child-labor-laws/

Once again BIG GOVERNMENT has decided that children are better off learning their state capitols than making a fair wage in my suet rendering plant.
I think I would be more inclined to engage in a discussion about the merits of child labor laws if they guys promoting the idea didn't always seem to be analyzing it like malfunctioning robots. "Why do these 'laws' prevent this labor pool from engaging in economic activity? ILLOGICAL! :psylon:"

Also, it's yet another thing where my response to libertarians is, "We tried that. We stopped it because it KILLED PEOPLE."

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
The other creepy thing is how they present all this awful exploitative poo poo as a benefit to the exploited, like wow you would get to choose to haul coal from a mine 14 hours per day from the age of 8 if only the tyranny of THE STATE could be overthrown!!

Which, I think I may have posted this before, is basically:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PnuXelvWA

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

GunnerJ posted:

like wow you would get to choose to haul coal from a mine 14 hours per day from the age of 8 if only the tyranny of THE STATE could be overthrown!!

The other choice is being abandoned by one's family, but, eh, that's just giving you the ability to select the optimal family.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

It didn't kill PEOPLE, it killed poors.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I don't remember where I first read this, probably one of the yospos bitcoin threads, but it's a good one:

quote:

i sat in my living room sipping my cup of chicory and looking out my window and pondering my choices. overhead flocks of ghang gliders soared through the soot, taking advantage of the unregulated skies to make their morning commute. i shifted, somewhat uncomfrtable. i needed to make a decision soon, before my neighbor rumbled out of his driveway in his abrams tank and the vibrations from the tearing of pavement made the decision for me

i read through the billboards on the sidewalk again. joe's sewage: faster than anyone! poo poo-b-gon [as i read the name i silently thanked z0r for the death of the nannu state and the freedom to curse in public]: no clogs! there were five others that i passed over, but i knew, that morning, i was a poo poo-b-gon man. i trotted outside and grabbed the sewage hose that sat dribbling on my lawn. where was the nearest linkup station? i jogged down the street, briefly warming my face on the fire from my neighbor's house, before i tripped on a stray corpse and fell face first onto the sidewalk. as i pushed myself up and wiped the blood [not mine ] from my hands, i saw the linkup station. after paying my thirty dollar day-fee [a small price to pay for fredom] and jogging the mile back to my house, i was soon happily doing my business. like a free man

i jammed my foot on the gas and grinned as my engine roared. it was free of catalytic converters and other emasculating controls, and at last, was the robust and mighty machine i had always known it could be. i flipped my sunglasses open and jammed them over my eyes and the cloud of black smoke behind me was witness to the power of my works. ther umble of gravel beneath me was like glorious harmony to the howl of the engine. for nearly fifteen seconds i was grinning like a maniac as the car jolted and crunched down the crumbling street. of course , i had to slow and toss my tiny cube of gold into the toll box, and wait for my neighbor to wave me past, but soon i was back to full speed, living life as free as the birds used to do before we shot them all.

i downshifted into third as i caught side of an unfamiliar barricade ahead. smoke rose in a plume behind the stacked wood and bodies. as i came to a stop a man with a cigar gritted in his teeth and a shirt soaked red and cracked sunglasses waved me to roll down my window.

"what seems to be the problem?"

"new repairs on this stretch. going to need double tolls till weve got it fixed"

i grimaced as i searched around my glove box for an extra cube. at this rate id never make the public hanging...

i run into the center of bear-baiting ring. my stomach churns as i face the beast. howls and cries from the crowd wash over me like hypodermic needles at the beach. i feint left b ut as i push off the blood-soaked earth my foot explodes throgh the my shoddily-constructed shoe. with a silent curse for whatever nameless ten-year-old sewed it i kick it off and dash to the right. thank z0r i always ccw, i think to myself as i air-somersault past the bear. the crowd of mercenaries roar at the sight of my acrobatics.

if i can win the crowd then perhaps the king of this stretch of road will let me go...good thing i have an ace up my sleeve.

make that two, i think as i pull out my twin desert eagles, locked and loaded with the finest hollow-tip bullets that our local toy/gun store carry. the recoil from both firing at once knock me back against the blood-drenched wall of the arena but i keep firing at the bear.

as it finally staggers back and crashes to the ground i air somersault forward again and kneel, crossing my arms in front of my chest and holding my guns against my shoulders and feeling the cheers of the crowd wash over me. i have won my freedom. i let only the briefest pity for the less skillful travelers wash over me, but content myself with the thought of penning a scathing letter against these mercenaries tonight. then i grin. score one for the market, motherfucker

shoeless and gasping i run down the road toward the city, dodging shards of glass and the bones of long dead children. i had paid the last toll with my car itself. once the consortium has purchased enough of sick and dying bodies from the local hospital to grind into cement, we'll have our new roads [or so the ads promise], but it's too late for my car.

i hear a faint stirring in the underbrush that stretches out toward the asphalt. with all the nimbleness of an unregulated manufacturer responding to demand, i do a three-quarters cartwheel while simultaneously firing ten shots from my dual DEs. i chuckle at the crashing and groaning from the brush in the silence after my deafening barrage. oen step closer to that new road.

i take off running again. by three p.m. i'm at the office. as i approach the elevators there's a deafening crash and smoke comes from behind the elevator doors. i note the name of the manufacturer and use my bleeding feet to write a message of warning on the floor of the hall. i ignore the moans and take the stairs to my office.

my manager scuttles toward me as i enter. "eight hours late? you're fired. and you can be sure no other company will hire your scummy rear end in the future"

my left eye twitches as i calmly respond. "you forgot one thing."

"what's that?"

"there's only one monopoly we don't tolerate. a monopoly of force." i backflip as i pull out my DEs and start firing. the screams of the dying fill the air like mercury. this is one market that just got regulated.

before i leave the office, i loot the bodies of my dead coworkers, murdered by my hand, like an irs employee mailing a 1040. i leave the office a tomb; a blood offering to the hungry god i worship now. stepping back into the stairwell is like stepping through a looking glass. i am wearing shoes ripped from the dead feet of my former boss. call it an audit.

with a ninja's grace i leap from stair to stair as i exit the building. light bulbs flicker and dim; the local smallpox epidemic is two weeks old and they've almost run out of bodies to burn for power. they're talking about charging customers one child per year as fuel. some people were upset about it but at least the government isn't behind it.

my shoulders are heaving as i crash through doors into the lobby. a pack of wolves lurk around the receptionist's desk. night is almost here. they begin to howl as i jog outside into the gathering darkness

i check my watch—6 oclock. I had meant to run a few errands before going home. Just one, actually. I run down the street until i see a dimly-lit verizon store. the salesman doesn't even blink an eye when i enter, dripping blood and gore, desert eagles jammed in my waist. then i pull out my guns and point them in his face.

he blinks.

"i paid 5 bucks more last month, you know?" i growl between gritted teeth
"so?" he says
i put the guns back in my waist. the salesman exhales in relief

then i kneel and draw my katana. with one smooth motion i behead the clerk.

"i wish to file a complaint," i say, as gouts of arterial blood spray paint the ceiling.

at last i'm home. i recline back in my babyskin chair and swirl some orange juice in a mug. as i bring the mug up to my limits i feel a sudden pain in my lip. i fish around in the juice and pull out a shard of glass. rolling my eyes i toss it on the pile in the corner.

my pet tiger pads into the room. not for the first time i offer a silent thanks that no gang of criminals can tell me not to keep it. then i see the blood dripping from its jaws.

i curse as i ease out of my chair and walk into the next room, following the blood. the corpse of my neighbor's son is still warm on the floor of the kitchen. i turn on the alarm system and set up the house defenses just in time for the doorbell to ring.

I look out my front window; my neighbor is carrying a shotgun and has a crazed look on his face. I call out:

"What do you want?"

"I want that damned tiger."

"No."

"GIVE ME THE TIGER."

"Come and get him."

My neighbor shudders as he considers his options: 1) wait to ambush me later, 2) attack now, 3) write a scathing letter and mail it to all our neighbors. He cocks his shotgun and fires it at the door.

My defense system activates. With fury and power that would warm the heart of a Blackwater soldier it reduces my neighbor to ash. As the whir of the chainguns slows i walk back to my babyskin chair. it feels soft. it feels warm. it feels like freedom.

alarms wake me from my slumber. not my house; the neighborhood coop alarms are ringing. i listen to the sound. next to me my slave girl stirs. i casually backhand her across the mouth to keep her quiet. three horns followed by a low ringing—possible outsider invasion.

i check to see that her chains are secure then lower myself out of bed. a low whistel summons my tiger. i press a button next to my bed; a slave child scurries in. i order him to bring me my katana.

wrapped in my robe and with my sword strapped across my back i slip outside into the ringing night. the noises are coming from the south. i see a neighbor across the street slap his wife in the face as she begs him not to leave and i thank z0r no slave has tempted me.

the light from torches flicker in the distance at the watch point. there are already several neighbors gathered in a circle. i can hear a low muttering but i cannot see what they have surrounded

i reach the outside of the circle with my tiger at my side. it carelessly bites one of the men in the circle on the leg. he falls to ground and i take his place and see...

it is worse than i had feared...a face as dark and soulless as the night sky looks up at me. tears stream down his face. i shudder at the thought of more of them...out in the darkness...i lope away from the circel and call my tiger to my side. tonight...we hunt

i see the fear in their eyes as i approach the campfire. i wear a chain of tiny ears around my neck and my face is spattered with blood. i grip the head of my enemy in my right hand.

ashen-faced, my neighbor asks me of the forces in the darkness

"it's a group seeking medicine for sick children," i reply. "it was." i suppress a giggle. i toss the little head into the middle of the circle.

"are you ok?" one asks

the others mumble, afraid to look me in the eyes

i look him in the eyes. he twitches. i say

"sanity is like a rule. a regulation. i am free."

i heft my katana in my right hand, then bring it to his neck

"will you question me, or will you do as i say."

it is not a question.

"a man chooses" i say.

they kneel before me. alarms wail in the distance. i see the earth soaked in a tide of blood. i finger the necklace of ears like a rosary.

"we are strong," i say. "together we are free".

they murmur in assent. one man remains quiet. i remove his head, then hand it to one of my followers.

"we are free. put it on a stake, to warn those who would oppose us."

i order the rest of the men to secure the neighborhood gold. we will keep it at my house; i will disperse it as necessary. the gold is mine...the precious...

i sit on a throne of skulls inside my new house. palace. i run my fingers through the head of the slave who kneels at my side. in my other hand i grip the femur of a dead enemy. a slave used a rock to hone the end of the bone to sharp points. the walls and floor are red, spattered with blood and smeared with dirt; the ceiling is black with soot. my tiger stalks outside.

when the snows come we move to the caves in the hills for warmth. i will spread my seed.

a beast stirs. i breath in the fetid air, thick with blood and death. law is dead. i am the law. the market is dead. i am the market. i scratch at my fur loincloth and crush a louse. government is dead. i am the government. god is dead. i am a god.

somewhere in the distance i hear the howl of the alarms and the chatter of guns.

and this is heaven.

epilogue

the cave is dark but warm. the women huddle under furs and blankets for warmth during the day. i lead the hunting parties out in search of game but any creature larger than a chipmunk has long since been slaughtered. we hunt squirrels and rodents with our AK-47s; sometimes a scrap of meat is still left after the hail of bullets.

one of the women is heavy with my child. i alone may mate with them. the heads of the men who objected rot on stakes outside the cave mouth.

one evening after we have returned from our mighty hunt with two squirrel carcasses and a dead robin someone almost tripped on, we spy a man in the distance staggering toward the cave. we watch as he winds his way through the badlands. black snow falls, mixed with ash. his powder blue shirt is badly torn and bloody and there is no spark in his eyes.

he begs us for shelter. i explain that our food supplies are low but that there is room in our cave if he will hunt and accept my rule. he nods, exhausted, and starts to shuffle past me to the fire.

then i catch sight of the patch on his sleeve. a stylized white eagle on a field of blue. the mark of the oppressors. i grab his collar and growl in his face "you're one of them"

"what? what are you talking about"

"one of them. the patch. the eagle."

"p-p-please...i just...delivered mail"

i grip his throat in my hand and lift him and shout "A CRIMINAL!!!!!"

my tribe huddles around me.

"HE WORKED...FOR THE GOVERNMENT!!!"

i see the rage in their eyes. hooting, they jump up and down, calling for blood. i lower the man to the ground and they mutter with disappointment. i beckon for a slave to bring me my club: all sharpened bone and shattered glass. i put my mouth next to the man's ear and i grasp the club and hold it in front of his eyes. "If you want a vision of the future," I say. "Imagine my warclub, smashing a human face, forever."

then i swing it against his head, and it crunches, and he falls to the ground. "we eat meat tonight" I say with a smile. the cheers are deafening.

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax

QuarkJets posted:

I don't remember where I first read this, probably one of the yospos bitcoin threads, but it's a good one:

Glad to see that Ronfiction is alive and well.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

QuarkJets posted:

That was fantastic. Market bless the poo poo-B-Gon billboard

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
10 Days until the inevitable Jrod thread!

:cheers:

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
10 days until JRod thread!!!

Edit: loving phone

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

10 days until JRod thread!!!

Nah Jrod isn't a compulsive poster that he needs to post whenever he's able, he's self deported himself from the forums for weeks at a time when he thought it might help people forget he never changes at all.

The new thread will appear when he feels most confident people have forgotten his game.

Caros
May 14, 2008

RuanGacho posted:

Nah Jrod isn't a compulsive poster that he needs to post whenever he's able, he's self deported himself from the forums for weeks at a time when he thought it might help people forget he never changes at all.

The new thread will appear when he feels most confident people have forgotten his game.

I dunno, spite is pretty powerful. The fact that he can't do something is impeding his liberty after all.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

RuanGacho posted:

:(

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Didn't he take like a 4 month break at one point when he ran out of rebuttals and then came back to the thread like nothing had happened?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

MikeCrotch posted:

Didn't he take like a 4 month break at one point when he ran out of rebuttals and then came back to the thread like nothing had happened?

That happened multiple times. It's pretty much his entire cycle; he comes in a posts his latest pile of stupid bullshit wisdom like it will convert everybody here. Everybody points out what a profound dumbass he ultimately is, he vomits several walls of text tangentially related to one or two of the posts, then vanishes for a while. Sometimes it's a week or two, sometimes it's six months.

Then he talks about how COOL and AWESOME his life is and how much money he made while gone and how ROGUISHLY HANDSOME he is as if that somehow strengthens his argument. Jokes are had at his expense, every single argument he posts is mercilessly butchered, lots of fun and good times are had.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

MikeCrotch posted:

The amount of time he spends elsewhere varies. Sometimes he gets banned and pops back up quickly, other times he just tucks tail and runs after someone drops an especially vicious burn on him and we don't see him again for months. I suspect other elements factor into it as well, such as if he's hit his data cap pirating blu-rays, or if there's a new shipment of honeydews in at price chopper that week.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

i am a humble melon merchant and ron paul emailed me the other day letting me know that he's going to be attending a KKK meeting and he was inquiring on whether i could give him a bulk discount

i naturally told him that yes of course i would give him a bulk discount of half off, but what he didnt realize was that i was applying that after a 400% markup since he is technically a government worker

later he called to complain and i just said "free market bitch no chargebacks" since he had paid in bitcoins (naturally). he said "oh thank you for this lesson i am very appreciative" and offered to give me one of his "finest ebony fleet-footed servants" in exchange for 40% of the price difference but i just said "nah, you are trying to aggress on my rights but i refuse to create joinder" and then i body slammed my phone through the wall (which is how i normally hang up)

the moral of the story is that ron paul hates black people

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That happened multiple times. It's pretty much his entire cycle; he comes in a posts his latest pile of wisdom stupid bullshit like it will convert everybody here. Everybody points out what a profound dumbass he ultimately is, he vomits several walls of text tangentially related to one or two of the posts, then vanishes for a while. Sometimes it's a week or two, sometimes it's six months.

Then he talks about how COOL and AWESOME his life is and how much money he made while gone and how ROGUISHLY HANDSOME he is as if that somehow strengthens his argument. Jokes are had at his expense, every single argument he posts is mercilessly butchered, lots of fun and good times are had.

FTFY.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

You, uh, didn't change anything?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Who What Now posted:

You, uh, didn't change anything?

Look at what was struck through.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

yeah that was already the joke numbnuts

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001
Joe accidentally derailed the US POL thread with this, but since raw milk issues periodically pop up with our specific batch of crazies I thought I'd post it here as well. Bonus: morons getting theirs in a hilarious fashion.

quote:

Just a few weeks ago, West Virginians passed a law overriding the cruel, barbaric raw milk prohibition that’s plagued the state for years. To mark the occasion, these same dairy-loving lawmakers downed what else but a tall glass of milk—raw and dirty just like god intended. In totally unrelated news, a bunch of West Virginia lawmakers are now suffering from a severe stomach illness.

Congratulations to the liberty-loving West Virginians on their remarkable milk-related victory. Good luck with all the vomiting.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Joe accidentally derailed the US POL thread with this, but since raw milk issues periodically pop up with our specific batch of crazies I thought I'd post it here as well. Bonus: morons getting theirs in a hilarious fashion.

The Freed Market wins again.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I was just on my way to post this very thing actually. Raw milk is one of those amazing hills that I just do not understand why people choose to die upon.

I must have the freedom to be 150x more likely to suffer food borne illness or else I am a slave

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Caros posted:

I was just on my way to post this very thing actually. Raw milk is one of those amazing hills that I just do not understand why people choose to die upon.

I must have the freedom to be 150x more likely to suffer food borne illness or else I am a slave

It may shock you to learn this, but libertarians aren't actually the rational actors they often claim to be!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Caros posted:

It's super weird too because there are a bunch of woo people who think that raw milk has magic healing properties, and these properties disappear as soon as you pasteurize. I'm assuming this idea was started by some scam artist and not just an idiot, but idiots have certainly spread it

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

QuarkJets posted:

It's super weird too because there are a bunch of woo people who think that raw milk has magic healing properties, and these properties disappear as soon as you pasteurize. I'm assuming this idea was started by some scam artist and not just an idiot, but idiots have certainly spread it

I think it started from hostility toward processed foods from how much fire the corn-filled garbage that is everywhere has been coming under. The problem though isn't food processing itself but how it's being processed; the food industry often maximizes cheap calories (i.e., corn) to make food as cheaply as possible that just happens to suck when it comes to nutrition. Then a study comes out and says "hey all this hyper-processed corn isn't good for you, eat less of it."

Then somebody says "so natural food is better, got it." Idiots grab hold of it and decide that food should be as close to nature as possible. Then you get paleo diets, people refusing to eat things that are even frozen ever, etc. Pasteurization is a form of processing so it must be bad, right?

Because of a lack of regulation (or rather, in this case, the regulations being loving stupid) all you really need is some expert to go "yup, that's healthy" and you can label it health food. Then you get people arguing "well if I want to consume raw milk I have a right to!" Which sounds like a justifiable argument until you realize that that is likely going to lead to lax food safety standards and if you get sick you're not only being less productive at whatever it is you do for a living you're going to possibly consume medical services by getting your own dumb rear end sick with a preventable illness and maybe making other people sick in the process.

"But but but it doesn't affect anybody else!!" yes it does you loving nitwit.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

QuarkJets posted:

pasteurizing milk changes the flavor? thats all i got. UHT milk tastes different compared to normal milk but hey so does milk in the spring compared to the fall. it's not really a difference worth getting sick over.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

nigga crab pollock posted:

pasteurizing milk changes the flavor? thats all i got. UHT milk tastes different compared to normal milk but hey so does milk in the spring compared to the fall. it's not really a difference worth getting sick over.

well obviously the changed flavor means that the milk could cure cancer and give you a bigger dick if you just didn't pasteurize

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

They can drink raw milk all they want.
But you should really start side eyeing them if they so much as look at the USDA's food regulations.

(on the plus side some cheese lovers are going to be so happy now.)

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I mean, people can eat rat poison if they want, with nothing but labels to stop them. But I view the people selling raw milk as con men. At least homeopaths are just bilking people, not making their problems worse.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Stinky_Pete posted:

I mean, people can eat rat poison if they want, with nothing but labels to stop them. But I view the people selling raw milk as con men. At least homeopaths are just bilking people, not making their problems worse.

Homeopaths are a special kind of scum.
People selling raw milk might do it for basic reasons such as taste and cheese (and I have nothing but contempt for those that dont).
But Homeopaths telling the chronically and terminally sick that what they need is a glass of water or a sugar pill? Homeopathy in all its forms is unforgivable.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Who What Now posted:

You joke, but I had friends that donated plasma two or three times a week to meet rent.

gently caress capitalism.

But they voluntarily chose to donate plasma! No economic coercion here, nosiree! :toot:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Stinky_Pete posted:

Homeopaths can convince people to forgo proven effective treatments in lieu of bullshit magic spells, and people die because of it. Sometimes the only difference between someone selling homeopathy and someone selling a tall glass of liquid cyanide is at least the cyanide would be quick.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

RIP Steve Jobs.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

RIP Steve Jobs.

I hope reincarnation is real. If it is there is the possibility that reincarnated Steve Jobs is now old enough to be slaving away at an iPhone factory.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Caros posted:

I hope reincarnation is real. If it is there is the possibility that reincarnated Steve Jobs is now old enough to be slaving away at an iPhone factory.

I laughed then I frowned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Doc Hawkins posted:

RIP Steve Jobs.

I don't see why he should