Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I know about the secret island and how to get to the final credits, but I'd really like to know how to R&D the really ridiculous stuff :v: assuming and hoping it's not just "grind out better dudes"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
God, I love the section after you pull out all of the AI boards in the Mammal pod. Peace Walker still trying to stand up, and you have to shoot at her but you don't even get a damage bar so you have no loving clue if you're even doing anything. Snakes really frustrated and probably emotionally traumatized by having to kill the Boss again, except this time slowly and painfully listening to Peace Walker cry out in pain as you go. It's so unsettling but it just utterly draws you in emotionally.

EDIT: Also if you're going to keep calling The Boss "Soldier Mom", you might as well call Peace Walker "Robot Mom"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Danaru posted:

I know about the secret island and how to get to the final credits, but I'd really like to know how to R&D the really ridiculous stuff :v: assuming and hoping it's not just "grind out better dudes"

To get to the goofy poo poo you have to do all the various side op chains until you reach the ones that unlock poo poo. A lot of them are at the end of said chain and/or require clearing post-Peace Walker missions. Some require post-final credits. And some of them require S-ranks. I'm more than willing to assist in getting the S-ranks for vehicles and generally clearing poo poo out to get to the cool things faster because there's like 40+ vehicle missions you still have to do and they eventually get to soldier counts higher than you can carry fultons, and yet you have to capture all of them and kill no one to get your S-rank.

EDIT: To reiterate my point about soldier counts, I believe the highest amount of fultons you can carry is 40? Even if you play with Grace, your combined fulton totals aren't enough.

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Mar 2, 2016

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
You two must've really been drunk or got something out of the story/characters that I didn't. :confused: All the same, r.i.p soldier/robot mom. You'll live on as a jpop idol vocaloid thing.

5 is next rather than more Substance? :( Guess I'll finally get to see if all the making GBS threads on Huey was justified or not.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Unknown Quantity posted:

To get to the goofy poo poo you have to do all the various side op chains until you reach the ones that unlock poo poo. A lot of them are at the end of said chain and/or require clearing post-Peace Walker missions. Some require post-final credits. And some of them require S-ranks. I'm more than willing to assist in getting the S-ranks for vehicles and generally clearing poo poo out to get to the cool things faster because there's like 40+ vehicle missions you still have to do and they eventually get to soldier counts higher than you can carry fultons, and yet you have to capture all of them and kill no one to get your S-rank.

EDIT: To reiterate my point about soldier counts, I believe the highest amount of fultons you can carry is 40? Even if you play with Grace, your combined fulton totals aren't enough.

poo poo :shepface:

pick-e posted:

5 is next rather than more Substance? :( Guess I'll finally get to see if all the making GBS threads on Huey was justified or not.

There might be more substance, I'm a little hesitant considering we lost a poo poo TON of viewers since people apparently weren't into it. I'd still like to finish it, I'll just likely do all the samey bullshit offscreen like I did with VR Missions.

5 will be a bit more cohesive than Peace Walker has been, the balance I tried to strike between planning out the LP and staying blind didn't work like I wanted it to. It's mostly been an LP of me going "I'm going to do X. Can I do X? poo poo, I can't do X" repeatedly off screen.

Also 5 will mark our return to the drinking game

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Danaru posted:

Also 5 will mark our return to the drinking game

What do you drink for in 5? Every time Kojima's name shows up?

Also isn't 4 next or are you just putting that off as long as possiblesaving the best for last?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
4's going to be last just because it provides much needed closure to the Metal Gear timeline, also I like 4 and it's ending :colbert:

Drinking conditions for 5 will be:

-1 drink on reflex mode
-1 drink whenever Miller says "you're going to extract HIM?"
-1 drink on "Vocal Cord Parasites"
-1 shot on death as usual
-1 shot whenever bond decreases with D-Dog because I clearly did something to deserve it

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014

Danaru posted:

There might be more substance, I'm a little hesitant considering we lost a poo poo TON of viewers since people apparently weren't into it. I'd still like to finish it, I'll just likely do all the samey bullshit offscreen like I did with VR Missions.
Darn finnicky viewers. Worse comes to worse I'll just have to pull it off the backlog and play it myself... some day.

Danaru posted:

4's going to be last just because it provides much needed closure to the Metal Gear timeline, also I like 4 and it's ending :colbert:
Where does Rising come in then, and is Grace still pretty much blind in regards to it?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Danaru posted:

-1 drink whenever Miller says "you're going to extract HIM?"

I take it Grace is going to write you an obituary then? Shame to have another unfinished LP.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Remember to use the codec in the mission where there is spookiness! You get a unique camo and dialogue.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

SSNeoman posted:

Remember to use the codec in the mission where there is spookiness! You get a unique camo and dialogue.

To clarify, there are several Extra Ops with spookiness. One of them gets you unique camo and dialogue.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The person the game is dedicated to, Project Itoh, real name Satoshi Itoh, was a science fiction author who wrote the novelization of MGS4. He died in 2009 following complications from cancer.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

pick-e posted:

Darn finnicky viewers. Worse comes to worse I'll just have to pull it off the backlog and play it myself... some day.

Where does Rising come in then, and is Grace still pretty much blind in regards to it?

:nono: Rising is a Solid, just Metal Gear

(So maybe a stream someday, with Grace playing.)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's MGS Peace Walker Episode 21 - How To Woo An Anime 101

All I'm saying is Grace full force decked me in the eye and our relationship works :colbert:

Rising will come whenever I stop sucking at Rising, so uh, it won't be soon.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think a lot of why Paz is in the game is to appeal to the mostly teenage PSP userbase. It's just been filtered through Kojima.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Your Sonic R song is a vocaloided version of the main theme of Zone of the Enders 2 and it owns. Well, the original does.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 4, 2016

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Paz is the spirit of the Vita travelling back in time to infest its predecessor.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Your Sonic R song is a vocaloided version of the main theme of Zone of the Enders 2 and it owns. Well, the original does.

This sounds a LOT more like an actual song and not wierd sonic stuff with human singers :v:

Come to think of it, I totally own the HD Collection of ZoE 1 and 2 and I've never actually got around to playing 2. I should do that at some point.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

It just occurred to me this morning, Huey said the Mammal Pod could only be opened by a nuclear detonation, which while seeming like a nice stupid Catch-22 situation, they had a functional Tsar Bomba-class nuke right there in Peace Walker's head. It's not ideal, but couldn't they have just given PW an order to detonate her head? I mean sure, a nuke will have been detonated in Nica but at least it'll have been on a base operated by The Company :v:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Also killing Big Boss and up to three of his best war buddies.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The worst part about the MGSV LP will be that there is no Co-Op for the main game.

We are deprived the chance to watch Dan and Grace argue over who has to carry Huey to saftey while Sahalanthropotomus chases them.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

"Get in the box!" --Dan, 2016

And yeah, you need the tux and do the usual TokiMemo dating stuff (take her picture, use team cries, etc). You were on the right track with the walkman though!

Also the panda noise is like a trigger for laughter for me now. It's Pavlovian.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://zippy.gfycat.com/DetailedPointlessIchidna.webm

Preview for tomorrow's episode

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGS Peace Walker Episode 22 - Getting Ahead (And A Jetpack)

The original plan was to just grind on Pupa until we got the head part, then play normally from there, turns out we got super lucky and got three head parts in two battles :v: Praise Elbakki

Also I know the burning question on your mind, Yes we DO go back and successfully woo that anime and get the associated prizes.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I'm kind of offended that Peace Walker seems to have skipped out on a robot named "Imago".

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

That faint screaming you hear? That's MGSPW players cursing your good luck.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Offer to clear these faster still remains. Then again....

On the one hand, we could be helping clear these missions and it'd be your win since you're Big Boss and we're the faceless MSF soldiers. On the other hand, it'd become "Dan and Grace watch two people throw smoke grenades and fire rockets forever" for like 5 episodes and "Dan steals better gear from his teammates" for the rest.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

RE: Kojima

I will say exactly one thing defending Konami in their decision and one thing only: if they cut ties with Kojima because his games were not turning a profit or were simply to expensive to make (time/money-wise), then fine. I get it, business is business. Kojima is an auteur and probably not the easiest person to work with. We are talking about a man who needed realistic ice cube physics for one completely missable part of MGS2.

That said,

Konami is easily the worst publisher on the entire planet. They botched their release schedules so hard, that it speaks volumes about their games and their fans that they turn a profit. Their work environment is reportedly all the fun of an office job and all the stress of a minimum wage job AND of a video game dev. I've heard a rumor that apparently they have cameras in the bathroom to ensure bathroom breaks are kept to a minimum.
The company has a hard-locked pecking order and people constantly throw each other under the bus to impress the management. The management are too busy sitting in ivory towers and making impossible demands to understand how anything works.
And they probably have Video Game Company Profit Envy Syndrome. VGCPES is what Ubisoft and EA are all about, their games are popular and sell, but that's not good enough! Forget making a profit, they need to make ALL the profits. Every game has to sell Halo 2 numbers. Anything else is failure. Konami subscribes to this philosophy hard.

And the slap in the face which was EROTIC VIOLENCE and HIT THE LEVER speak for themselves.
The worst part is that I'm certain Konami don't understand how willfully malicious those made them seem. They are so far in the clouds, they have no idea what those trailers meant for the fans, let alone why people would be furious with them.

gently caress Konami.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Unknown Quantity posted:

Offer to clear these faster still remains. Then again....

On the one hand, we could be helping clear these missions and it'd be your win since you're Big Boss and we're the faceless MSF soldiers. On the other hand, it'd become "Dan and Grace watch two people throw smoke grenades and fire rockets forever" for like 5 episodes and "Dan steals better gear from his teammates" for the rest.

We might end up bringing in more people for later missions, but if we do, it'll be on the condition that we only use equipment unlocked in the LP so far. The last thing I want is to just have someone else come in and breeze through the game for us.

SSNeoman posted:

RE: Kojima

I will say exactly one thing defending Konami in their decision and one thing only: if they cut ties with Kojima because his games were not turning a profit or were simply to expensive to make (time/money-wise), then fine. I get it, business is business. Kojima is an auteur and probably not the easiest person to work with. We are talking about a man who needed realistic ice cube physics for one completely missable part of MGS2.

That said,

Konami is easily the worst publisher on the entire planet. They botched their release schedules so hard, that it speaks volumes about their games and their fans that they turn a profit. Their work environment is reportedly all the fun of an office job and all the stress of a minimum wage job AND of a video game dev. I've heard a rumor that apparently they have cameras in the bathroom to ensure bathroom breaks are kept to a minimum.
The company has a hard-locked pecking order and people constantly throw each other under the bus to impress the management. The management are too busy sitting in ivory towers and making impossible demands to understand how anything works.
And they probably have Video Game Company Profit Envy Syndrome. VGCPES is what Ubisoft and EA are all about, their games are popular and sell, but that's not good enough! Forget making a profit, they need to make ALL the profits. Every game has to sell Halo 2 numbers. Anything else is failure. Konami subscribes to this philosophy hard.

And the slap in the face which was EROTIC VIOLENCE and HIT THE LEVER speak for themselves.
The worst part is that I'm certain Konami don't understand how willfully malicious those made them seem. They are so far in the clouds, they have no idea what those trailers meant for the fans, let alone why people would be furious with them.

gently caress Konami.

For real, some of the stories coming out of Konami are terrifying. There's a point where it just straight up seems like they have a vendetta specifically against him, like legally binding him to NOT attending any awards shows for MGSV :shepface: It's baffling.

I really want to see how he'll do under a company that was desperate to get him under their banner, we're going to see some CRAZY poo poo.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Welp, I've done it. I've finally started Peace Walker. I blame you for this Dan.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think the head of Konami didn't like Kojima because his games were really expensive, even though they were almost guaranteed profit. It probably goes back to that idea of NOT ENOUGH PROFIT.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Okay, this is sort of an odd question out of nowhere, but do you two watch the series "Crazy ex-girlfriend"? From what I can tell about you, it would be right up your alley. It's a funny, sometimes a little sappy, or depressing show which focuses on extreme diversity. The later episodes feature the nicest and cutest representation of male bisexuality I have ever seen on TV.
it's weird to ask this here, but the latest episode featured an internal monolouge about this picture.

And you sort of made me associate those fluffy guys with you now.

Also it's a really great show which gets absolutely lovely ratings so I am not ashamed to promote it whenever I can :colbert:

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Mar 8, 2016

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Air is lava! posted:

Okay, this is sort of an odd question out of nowhere, but do you two watch the series "Crazy ex-girlfriend"? From what I can tell about you, it would be right up your alley. It's a funny, sometimes a little sappy, or depressing show which focuses on extreme diversity. The later episodes feature the nicest and cutest representation of male bisexuality I have ever seen on TV.
it's weird to ask this here, but the latest episode featured an internal monolouge about this picture.

Also it's a really great show which gets absolutely lovely ratings so I am not ashamed to promote it whenever I can :colbert:

Nope, but any show that likes red pandas is worth a shot :v:

Let's Play MGS Peace Walker Episode 23 - Tensions Run High

If this is how we play co-op games, imagine how we play games like Mario Party.

also we've said the word "popping" before, this is what it looks like when a red panda is popping. I also like to call it 'the zoomies'

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

Air is lava! posted:

I adore Rachel Bloom but I haven't had time to watch this show yet

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

So PW people, what are the advantages of having dudes in the Outer Ops now? Is it because they become beasts when you get rank 5 weapons or...?

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

SSNeoman posted:

So PW people, what are the advantages of having dudes in the Outer Ops now? Is it because they become beasts when you get rank 5 weapons or...?

It's one of the fastest ways to raise several troops' stats at once, since the fastest way is to play as them on dangerous missions but it'd be done one at a time. Secondly, you get prizes such as blueprints, better combat armor, and the best lethal pistol in the game from doing the super dangerous outer ops.

flocons de mais
Oct 4, 2008
I've almost caught up to things, but I needed to say I've been having a wonderful time listening to Grace and Dan ( Sup canadian buddy!). Ive only ever really played MGS 1-3, and not terribly well. You guys have gotten me laughing my rear end off at work, so for that I say thank you.

Edit: goddamnit you guys are criminally adorable!

flocons de mais fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 12, 2016

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

flocons de mais posted:

goddamnit you guys are criminally adorable!

One of the reasons why I demand you make that second youtube channel for full-length videos of your and Grace's bullshit.

voted 5, best gay couple

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Neurion posted:

One of the reasons why I demand you make that second youtube channel for full-length videos of your and Grace's bullshit.

voted 5, best gay couple

I just wish we could broadcast Dan and Grace's videos all over the world so people can see that gay couples are cool.

But not this last video, because... well, reasons :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
You probably won't want to show anyone this episode either

Let's Play Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Episode 24 - All Our Base

We fight Pupa Mark II, discuss ancient memes, and also gently caress around a great deal!