Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Did anyone actually drink that vodka?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Someone mentioned the Dota thread and look what happened:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

So since /b/ hacked Trump's voicemail and released a bunch, does that mean /pol/ is now at war with them?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ATP_Power posted:

Someone mentioned the Dota thread and look what happened:

I am utterly shocked that socially maladjusted nerds who spend the majority of their day with an online community as reputable as the Dota one are in it for Trump.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Nichael posted:

I am utterly shocked that socially maladjusted nerds who spend the majority of their day with an online community as reputable as the Dota one are in it for Trump.

Dude, do you even irony?

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

A lot of gamergatey types genuinely support trump because they think he'll bring back the face touching thing in fire emblem

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

So are we going to have to wait till next week to see the polling effects of the debate?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Well there's always todays primaries.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

Nichael posted:

Oh god there's glass everywhere who keeps throwing all these stones.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

GrimGypsy posted:

A lot of gamergatey types genuinely support trump because they think he'll bring back the face touching thing in fire emblem

That or everyone under thirty Five is either with Bernie Sanders if liberal or Trump if a conservative.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
If only the socially madjusted nerds spent their time on something awful's left leaning boards, reading the Hill, and watching Girls instead of playing dota and hacking fire emblem, they'd be cool like us. now excuse me i have to read Wikipedia articles about the syrian army out load during a ted talk

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

NutritiousSnack posted:

If only the socially madjusted nerds spent their time on something awful's left leaning boards, reading the Hill, and watching Girls instead of playing dota and hacking fire emblem, they'd be cool like us. now excuse me i have to read Wikipedia articles about the syrian army out load during a ted talk

i don't think anyone here thinks they are cool or has said as much

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
although i think trying to learn stuff and be politically aware is a bit more noble than video game boobs and playing salt simulator 2016

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Antti posted:

Well there's always todays primaries.

Do we know how his ground game is in the 3 caucus states?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
as someone of a politically-attentive, socially maladroit stripe who happens to agree specifically with you, the reader of this post!, man arent those other guys a buncha clowns? haha, not like us tho. we could totally kiss a girl if we wanted to...

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
[popular video game] is totally some [three letter acronym] poo poo, am i rite

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

although i think trying to learn stuff and be politically aware is a bit more noble than video game boobs and playing salt simulator 2016

you also "learn stuff" on reddit and become "politically aware" on 4chan, two sites were the concept is mocked here but without self awareness. playing video games to head pat anime characters and salt simulator 2016 is just as noble as this because it's just as much a waste of time. I'd say more noble because their more honest, but enough people get mad at video game boobs or anita videos that they clearly take their dumb hobby as seriously as us.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Understanding the political process and caring about politics isn't a waste of time, in fact many think that the american electorate having no understanding of those two things is very bad.

NutritiousSnack posted:

become "politically aware" on 4chan

I don't think posting memes about how jews are destroying the white race is political awareness.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
being politically aware is brain toxin that makes you unhappier as a person than if you just tuned out until october

so naturally we rationalize it with horserace bullshit and cheering every little inside baseball thing that happens as if it matters at all and the whole thing isnt predicated by intangibles like consumer confidence or median flatulence index or wtf ever

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Venom Snake posted:

Understanding the political process and caring about politics isn't a waste of time, in fact many think that the american electorate having no understanding of those two things is very bad.

I don't think posting memes about how jews are destroying the white race is political awareness.

Yeah at least we have philosopher kings to set the record straight.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

paranoid randroid posted:

its time to get serious and vote for someones lame dad, America

Donald Trump lets us stay up as late as we want and always orders us pizza

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The D&D hivemind/dogpile/ideology slam down zone meme thing makes no sense to me either when D&D has probably ever come to agreement about like 2 maybe 3 things tops.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
dehumanize yrself and face to the fact that the next president of the United States will be determined by whether Joe Middlebrow in NoVa feels like having Angela Merkel or Turkmenbashi running the country for the next four years

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

Venom Snake posted:

The D&D hivemind/dogpile/ideology slam down zone meme thing makes no sense to me either when D&D has probably ever come to agreement about like 2 maybe 3 things tops.

That's the problem. You're all locked in an endless pretentious conflict that consumes every thread it enters.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

It's pretentious intellectual posturing, who gives a poo poo about the outcome.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

The LF people said the same thing (both the Paulites and the anime marxists). All had annoying infighting but even worse smug reaction to outside thinking. I mean I'm sure /SRS/ and /TheRedPill/ are worse, but the main boards on reddit are more conductive to a conversation.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

The main boards on reddit have millions of subscribers and are mostly white noise due to it

Smaller, properly moderated reddits such as /r/askhistorians are often quite good

Like, SA was basically founded upon the principle of spiteful unfounded internet elitism

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
So we're still on for Forever War both civil and foreign with other sites?

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.

paranoid randroid posted:

Turkmenbashi running the country for the next four years

lmao, gently caress mussolini hitler etc. this is easily the best historical comparison for trump i've heard yet

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The politically aware are insane, because they care about politics. Welcome to the asylum, which we run. We're thinking of adding a patio.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

HapiMerchant posted:

So we're still on for Forever War both civil and foreign with other sites?

Were going to build the cyberwall and make /r/sandersforpresident pay for it.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

mike12345 posted:

It's pretentious intellectual posturing, who gives a poo poo about the outcome.
You know it's like, a game, right? No one gives a poo poo about your actual opinions, you do it for fun.

Honestly wish I could do a Play-by-Play of some of dumb poo poo.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

GrimGypsy posted:

If you know what this means you are one of those types

Pillowpants posted:

Do we know how his ground game is in the 3 caucus states?

The caucus format doesn't favor him, so I expect him to underperform 5-10% as compared to the polls.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

The New Black posted:

lmao, gently caress mussolini hitler etc. this is easily the best historical comparison for trump i've heard yet

thanks for pointing that out i missed it among the dnd bitchfest and lol it's good

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Trumpmenbashi

Ruler of Trumpmenistan

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

blue squares posted:

People are people, my friend

So why should it be
you and I should get along so awfully?

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.

Phlegmish posted:

Trumpmenbashi

Ruler of Trumpmenistan

bags i get the contract for printing "millions" of copies of art of the deal in the uk

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Jewel Repetition threw up a thread for the KS, LA, KY, ME primaries, so all you cauc lovers get over there.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*
Inaniben Carson Rod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Did anyone actually drink that vodka?

i want to buy up all the trump vodka i can find. imagine how much you'll be able to sell that poo poo for come november

• Locked thread