Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It was a rushed behind too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Must be Worsfold's fault #BringbackHird

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Diet Crack posted:

It was a rushed behind too

:stonklol:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Hey Essendon scored*

*behind the dumpster out back in the alley.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

The worst part is that you can take nothing from this match outside of the fact that Essendon are going to really struggle this year.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Testekill posted:

The worst part is that you can take nothing from this match outside of the fact that Essendon are going to really struggle this year.

Oh no we can take a lot from it. :getin:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Shmoses posted:

Couchy :(

Shattering news, was slightly too young to remember his Brownlow year but he was one of my faves up until he retired. He, Riccardi and Sanderson are probably the three blokes I was always saddest never got to win a flag.

drat this is awful. Awful. You Am I's memories will be better than mine.
I remember being at a friend's house for Brownlow night that year and being pissed off not being able to watch it, instead of watching Rocky IV.

A huge shock this. I agree that him, Riccardi and Stoneham (Sanderson to a lesser degree) all deserved a premiership.

Still have a couple of posters of him back at my dad's house

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
He was a huge little talent in a beast of a midfield. An oddly unassuming player too, I have much clearer memories of Ablett, Brownless, Hocking, McGrath and Riccardi than him. I felt rather conflicted when he stood for Kennett in the late 90s.

Dying from a heart attack whilst working to keep fit is a nice ironic twist of the knife too.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

hiddenmovement posted:

Dying from a heart attack whilst working to keep fit is a nice ironic twist of the knife too.

It's also extra tragic in that if he'd been with or near someone that knew CPR he'd have a reasonable chance of still being alive. IIRC it's something like a 30-40% survival rate if CPR starts right away if you aren't already with doctors/paramedics (if you are it goes way up).

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Also remember Couch from the footy sticker collection of the early 90s, was a big deal when I got his sticker..sad shock that :(

Today however was not all shock, Essendon played about as well as I expected them too. Geelong smash us even when we are full strength so today didn't surprise.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
It's pretty awful, Couch just got on with things.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
So the Saints and Lions are meant to be playing a game in Mackay on Sunday. This is what Mackay currently looks like: http://m.dailymercury.com.au/photos/flooding-in-mackay/38418/#/8

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Periphery posted:

So the Saints and Lions are meant to be playing a game in Mackay on Sunday. This is what Mackay currently looks like: http://m.dailymercury.com.au/photos/flooding-in-mackay/38418/#/8

do know when it rains that stuff is called water when it hits the ground

as i said this is sun showers macky i believe is less then 1 meter above sea level so water is going to take a while to drain away
and some residents are in for a shock when Mackay gets some real rainy weather
why dont we have pictures of us being blasted with sunlight
what is the fantasy over water and rain

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Jesus. I thought you were either hammered or you'd had a stroke until I realised you were quoting the comment on the article.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

tnimark posted:

Jesus. I thought you were either hammered or you'd had a stroke until I realised you were quoting the comment on the article.

Intoxicated/serious medical issue/north Queenslander are indistinguishable

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Intoxicated/serious medical issue/north Queenslander are indistinguishable

I dunno, I don't get insanely racist when I'm drunk or hit over the head.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Periphery posted:

Honestly I cant see them postponing it. Just gonna have to deal unless there is literally a foot of water.. and then they should still be playing footy.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

It's great having footy starting to come back. For example I forgot how any mention of Naitanui brings hordes of armchair experts out of the woodwork reminding everyone he's the most overrated player in the league and West Coast will never win a premiership with him

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

snaeksikn posted:

It's great having footy starting to come back. For example I forgot how any mention of Naitanui brings hordes of armchair experts out of the woodwork reminding everyone he's the most overrated player in the league and West Coast will never win a premiership with him

Isnt he reported to be on a million a year?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

snaeksikn posted:

My fave anti-Naitnui sentiment comes from those straining not to be overtly racist. "Look he just doesn't get footy y'know? Yeah he's perfectly built for and excels in all athletic attributes for the game but he doesn't really look like a footy player doesn't he?"

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2016-03-01/design-our-alternate-guernsey-

I feel like my design is in keeping with the spirit of hawthorn clash strips

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Shmoses posted:

My fave anti-Naitnui sentiment comes from those straining not to be overtly racist. "Look he just doesn't get footy y'know? Yeah he's perfectly built for and excels in all athletic attributes for the game but he doesn't really look like a footy player doesn't he?"

Its certainly not hard to find a fair bit of dog whistling in the comments.

The funny thing for me is that yeah he has good games and bad like anyone, but you can't watch him tear another side a new rear end in a top hat and then claim he doesn't understand the game.

Everybody knows that ruck men take the longest to mature but it all seems to go out the window with Naitanui. The guy's been legit for the last couple of years now but people can't let it go.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Solemn Sloth posted:

i like it.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Mine is more in keeping with the spirit of Hawthorn themselves

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Solemn Sloth posted:

I scroll past and think "that's not bad, they've definitely done worse in the past" and then realise it's an MS paint design done in 2 sec.

They should probably go with it.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

thepokey posted:

At least the pee won't have any PEDs in it.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

tnimark posted:

And you wonder how George Christensen gets elected.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Spedman posted:

I scroll past and think "that's not bad, they've definitely done worse in the past" and then realise it's an MS paint design done in 2 sec.

They should probably go with it.

mate, I had to launch gimp for that, can't get brush/blur effects in paint :colbert:

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
I wanted a design that reflected their next few years

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I decided to take this seriously and even submitted it (as you know, I think a LOT about this sort of thing). It's a bit SAFE if you know what I mean, but anyway.

Also watermarked the gently caress out of it so none of the Bigfooty idiots claim it as their own. Anyway apparently according to the competition terms it's the copyright of Hawthorn and the AFL now.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

The Womens match is on after Bulldogs vs Melbourne, it's being streamed on the Melbourne website for those that are interested.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Going to be at work so hopefully it's up as a VOD later or some enterprising soul rips it

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

The Deadly Hume posted:

I decided to take this seriously and even submitted it (as you know, I think a LOT about this sort of thing). It's a bit SAFE if you know what I mean, but anyway.

Also watermarked the gently caress out of it so none of the Bigfooty idiots claim it as their own. Anyway apparently according to the competition terms it's the copyright of Hawthorn and the AFL now.

noice

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Everyone loves a monogram.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

thepokey posted:

The logo should also go on the back as well to reflect my most recent dealings with iinet

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Wallis, Matthew Boyd, Dahlhaus & Macrae all out for the Bulldogs which means that nobody that placed in our top 15 in the 2015 B&F are named to play while Tom Campbell is named as captain which I certainly didn't expect coming into this game.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Testekill posted:

Wallis, Matthew Boyd, Dahlhaus & Macrae all out for the Bulldogs which means that nobody that placed in our top 15 in the 2015 B&F are named to play while Tom Campbell is named as captain which I certainly didn't expect coming into this game.

I'm hoping we go to restricted rotations today. I can understand not doing it in the first hit out and in pretty serious heat, but should be getting to the real stuff now.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

I'm hoping we go to restricted rotations today. I can understand not doing it in the first hit out and in pretty serious heat, but should be getting to the real stuff now.

Thankfully it's not as hot as a it was originally forecast to be, it was supposed to be like 34 degrees based on the forecast earlier this week.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Mitch Wallis hair makes him look like the guy from Bill and Teds Excellent adventure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Watts can't kick in the f50 at the moment, three marks and sprayed all three kicks horribly.

• Locked thread