Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Quick question everyone: what would your dream LP be?

For me it's either a dual run of Read Only Memories, one by Pat with Matt and one by Liam with Woolie, or a run of Witcher 3+DLC by Pat with everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

For me it's either a dual run of Read Only Memories, one by Pat with Matt and one by Liam with Woolie, or a run of Witcher 3+DLC by Pat with everyone.

Prison Break already a happened.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Rodyle posted:

ironman xcom 2 but played by someone that knows what theyre doing

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

ironman xcom 2 but played by someone that knows what theyre doing

We might be getting that Liam run so

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Is Read Only Memories worth looking into as a game? I'm very intrigued by it, but all the articles about it make me afraid that it's a hamfisted story about diversity without nuance or interesting twists.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Al-Saqr posted:

Is Read Only Memories worth looking into as a game? I'm very intrigued by it, but all the articles about it make me afraid that it's a hamfisted story about diversity without nuance or interesting twists.

Those articles are pretty incorrect. It's a very inclusive game but it's a pretty compelling cyberpunk visual novel/SNATCHER thing in its own merits.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Rodyle posted:

For some reason I would really like to see them play Gun. I can't really explain why, it just sounds right in my head.
Also a one off full playthrough of Monster Maulers because it's a very Zaibatsu game.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
100% blind LP of Digimon World, no guides, all Best Friends.

The longest possible LP

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

100% blind LP of Digimon World, no guides, all Best Friends.

The longest possible LP

The longest possible LP would be Pat playing xcom2 ironman on the hardest difficulty until he wins.

trw
Dec 24, 2003
Original XCom Ufo Defense with Liam at the controls if he still remembers the basics would be great.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat Only Memories would be amazing because I managed to get the best ending in one go but between the couple lovely puzzles in the game and the need to be nice to robots I would love to see what kind of lovely ending Pat would get.

"Stop trying to get me to treat you like a person Turing, you're my talking phone."

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Rodyle posted:

Dark Souls 1, but with Pat playing and Woolie commenting.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

This but it's Woolie commenting in post.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

trw posted:

Beaglerush isn't just a prowatch because of his really good xcom skills, he's also really funny and good at talking over long sessions. If you want to watch anyone play xcom watch him.

Beagle's main skill is explaining his actions while keeping the viewer engaged. I've definitely learned a lot about the mechanics of enemy unknown from him and as soon as I claw my way out of this minecraft hole I'm in I'm going to jump into enemy within, and then go for xcom 2 when it's decently on sale.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rodyle posted:

a legend of legaia lp, it probably wouldn't end well but I'd like to see them try it, especially with the unique mechanics in that game.

Earthbound assuming any of them never played it.

Alundra with Liam at the helm because anyone else would get annihilated by the puzzles

Comedy option: thousand arms, the Playstation 1 dating sim-rpg where you have to date girls to be able to upgrade your weapons, with Liam at the helm

Edit full playthrough of darkest dungeon by Pat with Woolie on the side

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Paper Mario TTYD HD.

Chaos route: Tales of something. Probably Graces because the story is a mess and that's easy to make fun of.

Alternatively- A thousand years of suffering with a playthrough of enormous other JRPG Xenoblade Chronicles.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

This Naruto lp has gotten so hosed that Pat has become the (relatively) excited optimist.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

clock tower 3

Neo_Crimson posted:

this could be pretty good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dark souls with Pat would be a pretty short LP since he would be able to just blast through the game.

Also, getting lots of lore wrong.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

it could be like the re4 lp where pat tries to show off a lot and gets extremely embarrassed every time he messes up

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Andrast posted:

Dark souls with Pat would be a pretty short LP since he would be able to just blast through the game.

Actually it'd be long and arduous process of him blowing out his entire digestive tract as it's shown he's not as proficient at/knowledgeable about DS1 as he acts

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Rodyle posted:

Actually it'd be long and arduous process of him blowing out his entire digestive tract as it's shown he's not as proficient at/knowledgeable about DS1 as he acts

Exactly. The Bloodborne LP proved that Pat isn't much better at Souls than Woolie.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

You don't have to be very knowledgeable/good at Souls game to easily beat a souls game you have beaten before. Seriously, it's really simple once you know all of enemy placements and how the bosses work.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i've beaten ds1 like 5 times but i'm playing it right now and getting my poo poo pushed in

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Earthbound assuming any of them never played it.

Yeah, Earthbound would be awesome!

My real dream LP is already happening in DX:HR and just doing Heavy Rain again, so I got nothing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Andrast posted:

You don't have to be very knowledgeable/good at Souls game to easily beat a souls game you have beaten before. Seriously, it's really simple once you know all of enemy placements and how the bosses work.

Okay, but what does this have to do with Pat

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

If they're going to do a Mother it should just be 3.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Andrast posted:

You go in better prepared and know little tricks to certain things that can help a lot. But it's also easy to forget all that pretty quickly and I'm guessing Pat hasn't played in a while. He left Bloodborne for a few months and it was pretty rough going.

Besides, he allegedly beat Xcom before and considers himself a good commander - we can see how that's turned out.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Kimmalah posted:

You go in better prepared and know little tricks to certain things that can help a lot. But it's also easy to forget all that pretty quickly and I'm guessing Pat hasn't played in a while. He left Bloodborne for a few months and it was pretty rough going.

Besides, he allegedly beat Xcom before and considers himself a good commander - we can see how that's turned out.

Almost like it's hard to talk and joke for the internet while playing a video game

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Almost like it's hard to talk and joke for the internet while playing a video game

It's a turn-based strategy game

Like, the main problem with Pat's bad play isn't "talking while playing is hard." He doesn't know how XCOM works.

Tae fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 6, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Well, if you're playing a turn-based, slow-paced game, it's not THAT hard.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rodyle posted:

If they're going to do a Mother it should just be 3.
Nah. Do Earthbound first, then Mother 3 if they want to go further.

Both are fantastic(or so I hear of Mother 3, never played it).

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

(or so I hear of Mother 3, never played it).

Then you can rest easy, there's no reason to play EB, M3 is just that much better

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Prove it

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That's like saying "don't play Persona 3, Persona 4 is much better". You're not wrong, but you're missing the point.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh my god just straight up SHARK FIGHT in the FNF, loving lol what

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Rodyle posted:

Silent Hill 3 Full LP, Matt and Pat, or Woolie and Pat.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

oh my god just straight up SHARK FIGHT in the FNF, loving lol what

My first reaction was "why is this a FNF" and then some poo poo happened that made it very clear why it's an FNF.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I want to know what happens if you beat up the knight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

I want to know what happens if you beat up the knight

Be the change you wanna see in the world. All you have to do is go to a Japanese arcade like the guys did!