Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

for any gobbers playing movement gunner build and wished you could turn while gunning here's one cool trick i found

use tray 2 or 3 with the empty LMB slot, while holding down gunner and LMB to move around you can aim over a target and tap shift to instantly aim at them without stopping at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Here's another pro tip for all you gobbleratics out there, TonyBing's "Bag of Tricks" Goblin Guide: http://marvelheroes.info/build/36641/

This thing is chock full of juicy tidbits, it's like US Weekly for Marvel Heroes. Normally, when Tony Bing refers to his Bag of Tricks it's his own gaggle of prostitutes. The man is a straight up p.i.m.p.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

I haven't played in a while. Are there any new summoner type heroes/builds? I remember having a lot of fun with Squirrel Girl.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

space marine todd posted:

I haven't played in a while. Are there any new summoner type heroes/builds? I remember having a lot of fun with Squirrel Girl.

How long is a while? Were you around for Dr Doom, Iceman or Magik? Rogue can work as a summoner too I guess

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Other posted:

How long is a while? Were you around for Dr Doom, Iceman or Magik? Rogue can work as a summoner too I guess

I think the last time i played was September 2014?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

space marine todd posted:

I think the last time i played was September 2014?

If you want lots of summons go with Doom, if you just want a few go with Bobby the IceBoy

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Jusupov posted:

If you want lots of summons go with Doom, if you just want a few go with Bobby the IceBoy

Thanks! I feel like an idiot but how exactly do people level these days? I imagine it isn't going through the story mode multiple times, right?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Story mode has been reduced to once only, and it is balanced to be finished in your late 50s (though depending on boosts it can cap you before finishing)

Easiest way to level is just do story mode these days, and do Legendary Quests when you fall behind in levels (usually mid-30s/40s). The highest experience quests are detailed here if you just want to sperg through it in the most efficient manner possible.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Thank you!

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Stupid question I know, but how do I find my username so I can get in on all the goony goodness? I think it's the same as my sa name but I want to make sure.

Also how does one play silver surfer? Deadpool is really easy to play and rouge is super fun but I just can quite get the silver surfer to not feel slow.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

xyigx posted:

Stupid question I know, but how do I find my username so I can get in on all the goony goodness? I think it's the same as my sa name but I want to make sure.

Also how does one play silver surfer? Deadpool is really easy to play and rouge is super fun but I just can quite get the silver surfer to not feel slow.

Say something in social, trade and see what name says the exact thing you typed.

Dash, dash, dash, dash, dash, dash, dash, deconstruct, dash, dash, dash, dash etc to play surfer

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
High town artis are self contained (meaning other artis down drop on hightown and hightown artis dont drop anywhere else) so they won't affect the prices of other items.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Couple builds with the new ttks.

Iron Fist 3:45 ttk: http://marvelheroes.info/build/36749/

Ghost Rider 4:36 ttk: http://marvelheroes.info/build/7382/

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Bumped a patrol boost thread regarding it working in hightown yesterday and today it seems fenixion has closed it without saying anything. Still no idea if it works, kind of doubting it since haven't seen a jackpot there. But poo poo don't close that without saying anything.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

No Dazzler, maxed warpath, cerebro, and psionic overload. Loz was saying he was getting lower than that on a build that's useful in situations other than fighting an inanimate object.

But seriously, all omega specs without Dazzler are trash.

Edit: vvvvvvvv Really? That's seems pretty dangerous as well.

Differo Cathedra fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Mar 5, 2016

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I think Lozareth was maxing mind over matter which is a bit of a ttl hit (-1800 health, -300 health per second, -10% defense)

Rokkinhobo
Nov 4, 2005

Sweet mother of adventure!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

The most loving annoying pubbie is either behind this build or promoting this build. Not MY anime fist!

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Chiming in to confirm that Iron Fist is now pretty great and a ton of fun. That low TTK spec seems crazy though, I usually don't like doing tight timing characters that require multiple bars

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
A contender for dr strange builds

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Except instead of just mashing buttons as they come off cooldown you have an insane rotation to track.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Midnightghoul posted:

Chiming in to confirm that Iron Fist is now pretty great and a ton of fun. That low TTK spec seems crazy though, I usually don't like doing tight timing characters that require multiple bars

I just got Irony to 60 and love him too. He's a bit more finicky than the average puncher, and maybe not quite as sturdy, but OH GOD SO MUCH DAMAGE!!!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I bet a well-geared IF could stay under 4 mins even with a shield on

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

I bet a well-geared IF could stay under 4 mins even with a shield on

Concurred.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Grandmaster is not that complicated to ececute, all you have to remember is that once you start using openers you must use all 5 openers without using any combo funishers during it. Also always sig immediately after doing the 5 openers.

Then you just have to remember that chi overload is only on during every other use of your sig, if you want to track dual stances for a few seconds of combo finisher bonuses.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
ececute the funishers

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I got a 40 point checklist for proper rotation of my powers that I refer to constantly. If I mess up gaz takes a splinter away from me every time.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ironing Fist (7500 omegas, lvl 15 ult)

3:27 ttk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibEvGheXqAU

This motherfucker still isn't using ANT Man synergy and is missing rolls on gear.

I guarantee he can go below 3 mins with full optimization lol.

The Age of Fisting has Begun.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Haha, that GR time is awful. I was hitting slightly below 4 last night.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Soothing Vapors posted:

ececute the funishers

it all makes sense now, switchflipper writes all his event messages on his phone

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

This motherfucker still isn't using ANT Man synergy and is missing rolls on gear.

What I want to know is how does he get his RMB(far right) hot key to rotate skills like that right after he presses it while every other hot key stays static. Also what is that target lock thing? Is that for controllers only or something?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

That's the Scourm Patented F1-F6 Method right there. No idea on the reticle.

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

That's the Scourm Patented F1-F6 Method right there. No idea on the reticle.

I'm not legendary like him so please share this uber secret method with me :ohdear:

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

the game had a critical error and spelled wintermint wrong.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kuhmondo posted:

What I want to know is how does he get his RMB(far right) hot key to rotate skills like that right after he presses it while every other hot key stays static. Also what is that target lock thing? Is that for controllers only or something?

Set up two bars to be identical apart from key skills. I do that on Rocket; he has one bar where LMB is Big Flarkin' Gun for clearing trash, another where LMB is the minigun for use on bosses. I think I also have Zig on the trash bar and CC break on the boss bar.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Kuhmondo posted:

I'm not legendary like him so please share this uber secret method with me :ohdear:

I'll let the master himself explain

The Man, The Legend, The God.... Scourm posted:

This is actually asked me to quite often, so I'd happily answer you in how I use hotkeys. First off, I have no problems with bugs or anything of that sort with my method, so there is no reason to worry there.

So you see that I am using the default keys for the hotbar (main keybar). However, what I do with hotkeys is entirely different.

First I go into the key bindings settings in the options menu and change all the skills from F1-F6 to keys that are closer to the A,S,D,F,G,H keys that are on my hotbar. As you can see, the keys I use are Z (1), Left Alt (2), Spacebar (3), Q (4), W (5), E (6).

The next step is figuring out where you are going to place these keys; your choices are out of Left Click Mouse and Right Click Mouse.

For me, I use Left Click mouse, but others may want to use Right Click.

To do this you are going to go your the mouse click you desire to place hotkeys on and hover over the screen until all the various powers pop up. Easy right?

Next decided which skills you want placed where. For instance, hover over the Energy Pulse power in the screen and press-Z (1). You should see a Z appear on the left side of the icon, thus signaling that this power is now hotkeyed. The problem here is if you don't use atleast 2 hotkeys, you cannot switch between powers. So your next step is applying a hotkey to another power; in this case I chose Vortex Grenades to be macro'd to my Left-Alt key or (2). Once you press the key (in this case Left alt) you should see that key now appear in the icon of the power.

Now by pressing Z key and Left Alt Key, you should be able to switch between the skills seamlessly.

Now that you understand how this is done, do this to the rest of the keys you wish to have hotkeyed until you have all 1-6 hotkeys binded.

congrats, if you read all that you now have autism

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Kuhmondo posted:

In keyboard settings, rebind f1-6 to things more useful, like qwer. Then press the button you want while hovering over the icon of the power you want. I usually bind q to a buff or short term toggle, w to my default rmb skill, e to cc break, r to travel power. Then pressing one cycles your rmb skill to that skill.

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!

Kuhmondo posted:

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/66933/how-to-add-more-hotkeys/p1, the person made a program to do that here, too https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/218720/extra-hotkey-editor/p1

Despite never playing a char that doesn't use more than the default number of keys, they won't add more because they can't.

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009
Thank you all, legendary spergs!

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

target lock is a controller thing, but you can bind the command to a key and use it without a controller

I cant recall offhand what the exact command is, but just open up your marvelinput.ini and search for 'TargetLock'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Iron Fist's tiger spec seems really fun now. I can basically spam seven armies and fury of five hundred fists over and over with the new good fortune kick's cd reset. It's actually kind of absurdly fun. Permanent 50-100% damage reduction while making GBS threads out conal or aoe attacks.

Haven't tried anything involving his sig though. I imagine grandmaster is fun as heck now too.

• Locked thread