Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
It's the same style as all of his trolls. There's a legit reason to raise your right hand, but he knew the press would run with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

would you like to see (would you like to see) America great again, my friend?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Oiled and Ready posted:

It's the same style as all of his trolls. There's a legit reason to raise your right hand, but he knew the press would run with it.

"Heh heh heh. You mad, bro?" *crowd goes wild*

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
ARG MI

http://americanresearchgroup.com/pres2016/primary/rep/mirep.html

Kasich 33 (+16)
Trump 31 (-4)
Cruz 15 (+3)
Rubio 11 (-1)

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Got this email from Louis C.K. this morning, agreed imo.

Louis CK posted:

P.S. Please stop it with voting for Trump. It was funny for a little while. But the guy is Hitler. And by that I mean that we are being Germany in the 30s. Do you think they saw the poo poo coming? Hitler was just some hilarious and refreshing dude with a weird comb over who would say anything at all.

And I'm not advocating for Hillary or Bernie. I like them both but frankly I wish the next president was a conservative only because we had Obama for eight years and we need balance. And not because I particularly enjoy the conservative agenda. I just think the government should reflect the people. And we are about 40 percent conservative and 40 percent liberal. When I was growing up and when I was a younger man, liberals and conservatives were friends with differences. They weren’t enemies. And it always made sense that everyone gets a president they like for a while and then hates the president for a while. But it only works if the conservatives put up a good candidate. A good smart conservative to face the liberal candidate so they can have a good argument and the country can decide which way to go this time.

Trump is not that. He's an insane bigot. He is dangerous.

He already said he would expand libel laws to sue anyone who "writes a negative hit piece" about him. He says "I would open up the libel laws so we can sue them and win lots of money. Not like now. These guys are totally protected." He said that. He has promised to decimate the first amendment. (If you think he’s going to keep the second amendment intact you’re delusional.) And he said that Paul Ryan, speaker of the house will "pay" for criticizing him. So I'm saying this now because if he gets in there we won't be able to criticize him anymore.

Please pick someone else. Like John Kasich. I mean that guy seems okay. I don't like any of them myself but if you're that kind of voter please go for a guy like that. It feels like between him and either democrat we'd have a decent choice. It feels like a healthier choice. We shouldn't have to vote for someone because they're not a shocking oval office billionaire liar.

We should choose based on what direction the country should go.

I get that all these people sound like bullshit soft criminal opportunists. The whole game feels rigged and it's not going anywhere but down anymore. I feel that way sometimes.

And that voting for Trump is a way of saying "gently caress it. gently caress them all". I really get it. It's a version of national Suicide. Or it's like a big hit off of a crack pipe. Somehow we can't help it. Or we know that if we vote for Trump our phones will be a reliable source of dopamine for the next four years. I mean I can't wait to read about Trump every day. It's a rush. But you have to know this is not healthy.

If you are a true conservative. Don't vote for Trump. He is not one of you. He is one of him. Everything you have heard him say that you liked, if you look hard enough you will see that he one day said the exact opposite. He is playing you.

In fact, if you do vote for Trump, at least look at him very carefully first. You owe that to the rest of us. Know and understand who he is. Spend one hour on google and just read it all. I don’t mean listen to me or listen to liberals who put him down. Listen to your own people. Listen to John Mccain. Go look at what he just said about Trump. "At a time when our world has never been more complex or more in danger... I want Republican voters to pay close attention to what our party's most respected and knowledgeable leaders and national security experts are saying about Mr. Trump, and to think long and hard about who they want to be our next Commander-in-Chief and leader of the free world.”

When Trump was told what he said, Trump said "Oh, he did? Well, that's not nice," he told CBS News' chief White House correspondent Major Garrett. "He has to be very careful."

When pressed on why, Trump tacked on: "He'll find out.”

(I cut and pasted that from CBS news)

Do you really want a guy to be president who threatens John McCain? Because John McCain cautiously and intelligently asked for people to be thoughtful before voting for him? He didn’t even insult Trump. He just asked you to take a good look. And Trump told him to look out.

Remember that Trump entered this race by saying that McCain is not a war hero. A guy who was shot down, body broken and kept in a POW camp for years. Trump said “I prefer the guys who don’t get caught.” Why did he say that? Not because he meant it or because it was important to say. He said it because he’s a bully and every bully knows that when you enter a new school yard, you go to the toughest most respected guy on the yard and you punch him in the nose. If you are still standing after, you’re the new boss. If Trump is president, he’s not going to change. He’s not going to do anything for you. He’s going to do everything for himself and leave you in the dust.

So please listen to fellow conservatives. But more importantly, listen to Trump. Listen to all of it. Everything he says. If you liked when he said that “torture works” then go look at where he took it back the next day. He’s a loving liar.

A vote for Trump is so clearly a gut-vote, and again I get it. But add a little brain to it and look the guy up. Because if you vote for him because of how you feel right now, the minute he's president, you're going to regret it. You're going to regret it even more when he gives the job to his son. Because American democracy is broken enough that a guy like that could really gently caress things up. That's how Hitler got there. He was voted into power by a fatigued nation and when he got inside, he did all his Hitler things and no one could stop him.

Again, I’m not saying vote democrat or vote for anyone else. If Hilary ends up president it should be because she faced the best person you have and you and I both chose her or him or whoever. Trump is not your best. He’s the worst of all of us. He’s a symptom to a problem that is very real. But don’t vote for your own cancer. You’re better than that.

That's just my view. At least right now. I know I’m not qualified or particularly educated and I'm not right instead of you. I’m an idiot and I'm sure a bunch of you are very annoyed by this. loving celebrity with an opinion. I swear this isn’t really a political opinion. You don’t want to know my political opinions. (And I know that I’m only bringing myself trouble with this poo poo.) Trump has nothing to do with politics or ideology. He has to do with himself. And really I don't mean to insult anyone. Except Trump. I mean to insult him very much. And really I’m not saying he’s evil or a monster. In fact I don’t think Hitler was. The problem with saying that guys like that are monsters is that we don’t see them coming when they turn out to be human, which they all are. Everyone is. Trump is a messed up guy with a hole in his heart that he tries to fill with money and attention. He can never ever have enough of either and he’ll never stop trying. He’s sick. Which makes him really really interesting. And he pulls you towards him which somehow feels good or fascinatingly bad. He’s not a monster. He’s a sad man. But all this makes him horribly dangerous if he becomes president. Give him another TV show. Let him pay to put his name on buildings. But please stop voting for him. And please watch Horace and Pete.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

relevant, popular comedian makes apt comparison

news at 11

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Mitt Romney posted:

ARG MI

Kasich 33 (+16)
Trump 31 (-4)
Cruz 15 (+3)
Rubio 11 (-1)

Haha what the gently caress is this, Kasichmentum???

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
KAICHMENTUM!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Oh my loving god Louis CK is one of those "we should vote for a conservative because we just had a democrat and we need balance" idiots

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

BUCKLEMANIA IS OVERTAKING THE NATION!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mitt Romney posted:

ARG MI

Kasich 33 (+16)
Trump 31 (-4)
Cruz 15 (+3)
Rubio 11 (-1)

I'm so proud of my baby.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

We don't need a Republican as a palette cleanser Louis gently caress off

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
The establishment taking a hard turn to back John Kasich, using him to turn Trump's majority into a plurality, and contesting the convention would have been #1000 of my 1000 Likely Things to Happen three months ago

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.

pwn posted:

Got this email from Louis C.K. this morning, agreed imo.

"We need balance guys, the truth is in the middle!"

"Please like me. Please."

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

guys i want to vote in a republican for balance, please don't make me vote for orange hitler :(

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Louis C.K. is legally retarded, news at 11.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Mitt Romney posted:

ARG MI

Kasich 33 (+16)
Trump 31 (-4)
Cruz 15 (+3)
Rubio 11 (-1)

What is going on

This loving election

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

ThirdPartyView posted:

Louis C.K. is legally retarded, news at 11.

I mean, he's smart to not vote for Literally Hitler, which is more than you can say the a number of Americans today.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
If this poo poo actually, really goes to a contested convention I don't even know what the gently caress

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the chaos reigns wolf is looking a little bit timid right now

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Slate Action posted:

If this poo poo actually, really goes to a contested convention I don't even know what the gently caress

I think there's actually a good chance of it happening.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
That article mentioned that the email was "more than 1,400 words" and never in my life have I been so disappointed by a word count.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

logikv9 posted:

the chaos reigns wolf is looking a little bit timid right now

it's a fox

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

still too timid

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Jayisspecial posted:

I mean, he's smart to not vote for Literally Hitler, which is more than you can say the a number of Americans today.

Thanks for the input guy with an Obama av.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

TheTatteredKing posted:

We don't need a Republican as a palette cleanser Louis gently caress off
Thank god he has an outdated opinion on one thing so I don't have to bother with anything else he's saying. that was a close one

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

pwn posted:

Thank god he has an outdated opinion on one thing so I don't have to bother with anything else he's saying

:agreed:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Mitt Romney posted:

ARG MI

Kasich 33 (+16)
Trump 31 (-4)
Cruz 15 (+3)
Rubio 11 (-1)

deadlocked conventionmentum

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Joementum posted:

deadlocked conventionmentum

I really look forward to the inevitable conspiracy theory that Hillary got Trump to run so he'd ruin the GOP.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Mitt Romney posted:

ARG MI

Kasich 33 (+16)
Trump 31 (-4)
Cruz 15 (+3)
Rubio 11 (-1)

The site is down, is that even real? Also ARG is a pretty bad pollster. Although both Cruz and Rubio falling short of the 15% threshold would be amazing.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Cruz just won the CPAC straw poll lol.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

I honestly don't know how to feel anymore, I think I might be going through the grief stages for our country.

why are Mayim Bialik and Tom Delay at the Trump rally?

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Al! posted:

if he survives the trump death camps

Fantastic, its Majorian 2.0

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
"What do I think of these MI poll results? Oh, I'd say they're.................................. just the right height!"
                                                                          /

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Forums Terrorist posted:

would you like to see (would you like to see) America great again, my friend?

Would you like to send our Latin cousins home again, my friend?

All you need to do is follow the Trump.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

a fox is just a low energy wolf

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

pwn posted:

Thank god he has an outdated opinion on one thing so I don't have to bother with anything else he's saying. that was a close one

That and he's not funny

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Edit: Wrong thread.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

he did it in ohio and he'll do it in washington !!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

oddium posted:

he did it in ohio and he'll do it in washington !!

• Locked thread