Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
So, I've been trying to find the combined life counter Rebecca Guay art one, or maybe something in metal, I remember those being really common back then, but now they're incredibly hard to find. The only one I could find is this Ebay listing but it's slightly on the expensive side. So I started to see if there are comparable metal ones.... Then these (nsfw) came up -____-

On that note, any recommendations for a metal life counter that tracks both player's hp on 1 plate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sickening posted:

Be lovely to people they so in turn they be lovely right back, get them dci banned because you are a HOF magic player.

I get that because I said it people will instantly disagree but this is a bit surprising.

Actually you may find that "being lovely" does not give you leeway to treat someone however you feel like without consequences. Their own dumb asses got themselves banned

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sickening posted:

Be lovely to people they so in turn they be lovely right back, get them dci banned because you are a HOF magic player.

I get that because I said it people will instantly disagree but this is a bit surprising.

This actually says a good deal more about you than it does about Efro Sickening

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Archenteron posted:

There is a group of older gentlemen who occasionally show up at my LGS to play games of Commander. This picture is from a game I played with them last night.

nice maybe he has trades for my unsleeved edh deck

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Sickening posted:

As I recall, these guys left a paper trail of being assholes not only to EFro, but also to a lot of other people who played in the same places. If you don't want to get banned, don't be an enormous rear end in a top hat to everyone whose appearance you dislike.

e: yeah, there's a thread here w/ commentary from EFro himself about it. Dude went so far as to create fake facebook profiles to pretend Froehlich was the one doing the harassment rather than the other way around.

Niton fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 5, 2016

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

TheKingofSprings posted:

This actually says a good deal more about you than it does about Efro Sickening

You are right, I would never turn you into the dci for arguing with me TheKingofSpring.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Niton posted:

As I recall, these guys left a paper trail of being assholes not only to EFro, but also to a lot of other people who played in the same places. If you don't want to get banned, don't be an enormous rear end in a top hat to everyone whose appearance you dislike.

e: yeah, there's a thread here w/ commentary from EFro himself about it. Dude went so far as to create fake facebook profiles to pretend Froehlich was the one doing the harassment rather than the other way around.

Incredibly hosed up of Efro to provoke them into doing this and getting DCI banned

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
If you ask someone if they're DCI they have to answer honestly or it's entrapment.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I mean, Eric DOES have a history of being a toxic shitlord - http://bmkgaming.com/2014-magic-pro-tour-hall-fame/

Even Kibler was hesitant to put him on his ballot because he's historically a big whiny gently caress.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

I mean, Eric DOES have a history of being a toxic shitlord - http://bmkgaming.com/2014-magic-pro-tour-hall-fame/

Even Kibler was hesitant to put him on his ballot because he's historically a big whiny gently caress.

Nobody's saying he's not, but the premise Sickening used to make that point is a really flawed one.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
I hope we can at least all agree that you shouldn't call people fat pieces of poo poo, even if they kind of are.

Kindness begets kindness fellas

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

stinkles1112 posted:

I hope we can at least all agree that you shouldn't call people fat pieces of poo poo, even if they kind of are.

Kindness begets kindness fellas

Apparently not?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Sickening posted:

hi i don't know or care who you are and I still think your opinion is really bad. out of all the things you could dislike Froelich for, you're really going to choose "got upset when a group of people organized a campaign to publicly harass and bully him and his girlfriend"

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Thisuck posted:

So, I've been trying to find the combined life counter Rebecca Guay art one, or maybe something in metal, I remember those being really common back then, but now they're incredibly hard to find. The only one I could find is this Ebay listing but it's slightly on the expensive side. So I started to see if there are comparable metal ones.... Then these (nsfw) came up -____-

On that note, any recommendations for a metal life counter that tracks both player's hp on 1 plate?

Looks like you're linking to the same item twice.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I mean, it contributes that EFro is a toxic shitlord, but even on its own merits his article loving sucks. It's telling enough that the exchange he clearly implies he was looking for ("I'll get it back to you in the future if you concede to me") would have gotten him DQ'd if he vocalized it to his opponent.

EFro essentially wanted a stranger to risk the top seed and jam someone else (who didn't happen to be seated across from him) because he's EFro and thinks he's special. I don't know how the guy that would have finished 9th had this happened would have felt about EFro beating him without actually playing a game by pulling the "I'm a hall of famer" card, but I can loving guess.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 5, 2016

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

little munchkin posted:

hi i don't know or care who you are and I still think your opinion is really bad. out of all the things you could dislike Froelich for, you're really going to choose "got upset when a group of people organized a campaign to publicly harass and bully him and his girlfriend"

Talking about someone in a facebook thread is hardly what I would call a campaign. That is like saying that when this thread is a campaign against Randy Buehler.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Thats originally why an MTG thread was created

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Sickening posted:

Talking about someone in a facebook thread is hardly what I would call a campaign. That is like saying that when this thread is a campaign against Randy Buehler.

We'll no one here really agrees with you but don't let that be a sign that you should reevaluate.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Efro got me sent to prison for shooting him in his fat fucker whining kneecap

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

jassi007 posted:

We'll no one here really agrees with you but don't let that be a sign that you should reevaluate.

Since the core point of my post is that Efro is a shitlord, I feel like you might have some people blocked or simply ignored those posts.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Count Bleck posted:

I think the real question is why isn't the journal legendary?

Theoretically Tamiyo could just write another one, so it could have gone either way.

Geth's Grimoire is also not legendary.

Lobsterpillar fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 5, 2016

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Efro is a douchebag, more at 11.

Actually does anybody have the one picture of him at the protour after it was announced he was being replaced by someone else in some title or something?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

rabidsquid posted:

Actually you may find that "being lovely" does not give you leeway to treat someone however you feel like without consequences. Their own dumb asses got themselves banned
Yes we should all give hugs and candy and presents to someone wantonly being a total douchebag to everyone else, this makes sense because

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Serperoth posted:

From the official MtG tumblr.

I really like this

This card is very solid for colorless or mono-green EDH decks. It's no Phyrexian Arena, but if you're not playing black or blue and have plenty of mana, paying 2 each turn to draw an extra card is more than reasonable. And if you don't have the mana on a given turn you can store them up. The tutor is simply gravy.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Did any of you guys arguing that EFro was in the wrong actually read up on the situation? The people in question were sending fake facebook messages impersonating the guy, had their own private group about trying to publicly harass him, and started harassing his girlfriend (now wife) because of her relation to him.

They deserved to get banned, because they are fantastically lovely people even by Magic's low standards.

Niton fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Mar 5, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yawgmoth posted:

Yes we should all give hugs and candy and presents to someone wantonly being a total douchebag to everyone else, this makes sense because

Why do you think we're so nice to you

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Niton posted:

Did any of you guys arguing that EFro was in the wrong actually read up on the situation? The people in question were sending fake facebook messages impersonating the guy, had their own private group about trying to publicly harass him, and started harassing his girlfriend (now wife) because of her relation to him.

They deserved to get banned.

It seems a lot more reasonable to argue that players have a right to act like dickwads with impunity because Efro has negative social skills.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Niton posted:

They deserved to get banned, because they are fantastically lovely people even by Magic's low standards.
Yea, seriously. I guess we can tell who the unsympathetic assholes are, because an organized harassment campaign is indefensible. Even though efro is a dick.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Sickening posted:

Since the core point of my post is that Efro is a shitlord, I feel like you might have some people blocked or simply ignored those posts.

Sorry the core of your post got buried by your defense of a bunch of other shitlords stirring up trouble for that particular shitlord on facebook. Your trying to defend the idea that two wrongs make a right and seem upset that everyone doesn't agree.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Hadn't seen Acacynian Missionaries / Lunarch Inquisitors yet

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Alaan posted:

Hadn't seen Acacynian Missionaries / Lunarch Inquisitors yet

Yoo Missionaries is cool.

Yesss.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

dat's a really good Hill Giant

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
I'm getting my rear end utterly hammered at this pauper tournament. Turns out Soul Sisters isn't as good as I want it to be
E: also I'm terrible at playing it

SEX HAVER 40000 fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 6, 2016

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The art for this set is leaps and bounds better already

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Shard of Broken Glass is everything I hoped it would be. I like how the window's line runs into the guy's blood.

The flavor on Missionaries is sweet too. As soon as you arm them they take matters into their own hands.

e: nice combo with Moonmist also

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I was at the Magic Madhouse event today and got talking to a guy at the retail stand about Shadows, he mentioned "Echos of Innistrad" as an equivalent to Expeditions, is this real? The Innistrad block did have a lot of powerful stuff people might liked reprinted.

Does Ugin see Eternal play? I have a copy and don't know if I need to get rid of it in the next month.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

BizarroAzrael posted:

I was at the Magic Madhouse event today and got talking to a guy at the retail stand about Shadows, he mentioned "Echos of Innistrad" as an equivalent to Expeditions, is this real? The Innistrad block did have a lot of powerful stuff people might liked reprinted.

Does Ugin see Eternal play? I have a copy and don't know if I need to get rid of it in the next month.

It's played in RG Tron in Modern.

Which... isn't on the map right now.

Blame Eldrazi.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

BizarroAzrael posted:

nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

It will see Modern play once Eye of Ugin gets banned, like most other good Modern cards.

• Locked thread