Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Something odd is going on with Tamiyo's Journal (look at the flavor texts):
http://imgur.com/a/XLoDu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Oh, that's nice.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Text is the same on the ones that I can see (English, French, German, but the Italian and Spanish ones look similar). Any ideas as to the numbers?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/706119335220269056
My guess based on the flavor text would be that the number corresponds to a cipher or something on another card representing "Avacyn's madness".

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

If you divide the numbers by 26 and convert the remainders to letters by A=1, B=2, etc then it spells RYOTSAQRJYY.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Shard of Broken Glass is everything I hoped it would be. I like how the window's line runs into the guy's blood.

It's dope, but I can't tell if the face in the glass is a victim's reflection or the actual art in the glass. I think either works TBH

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

If you divide the numbers by 26 and convert the remainders to letters by A=1, B=2, etc then it spells RYOTSAQRJYY.

thank you

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Archenteron posted:

There is a group of older gentlemen who occasionally show up at my LGS to play games of Commander. This picture is from a game I played with them last night.

Just buy him some god damned sleeves.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Reddit is currently using gematria, aka hebrew number magic/ciphering, to try to figure this out

this is beyond hilarious, I thought I left that behind in hebrew school

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

Just buy him some god damned sleeves.spill a soda on the table.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Also since they mentioned the pre-release specifically we just may not have sufficient info.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/706290559468568576

Archangel Avacyn -> Avacyn, the Purifier

Casting cost 3WW

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

The SituAsian posted:

Archangel Avacyn -> Avacyn the Purifier

Casting cost 3WW

Well that is one powerful card for standard. It also shares a color with the other best creature in standard, reflector mage.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
This confirms a second checklist card I guess, if the other flip cards hadn't already.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

She probably didn't need flash, that seems a bit gratuitous

E: there's a very nasty Wu tempo/bounce deck appearing, I think, Avacyn seems like a great big finisher for a deck with, say, Gideon, reflector mage, Flicker Eldrazi, roil spout maybe

Jen X fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 6, 2016

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Similar to Serra Angel; is there a comparable 6/5 red flyer with that ability?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Maybe a cycle of legendary/walker flip cards?

Sickening posted:

Well that is one powerful card for standard. It also shares a color with the other best creature in standard, reflector mage.

Flip her, then flicker her with Eldrazi Displacer. Displacer lives because of the Gideon emblem.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Sickening posted:

And 2 cmc white exile in the new set, good gideon, and jace. U/W , holy poo poo.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
If there is a standard-relevant sacrifice outlet that is white or can be paired with white, this card will be insane.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Maybe a cycle of legendary/walker flip cards?

Flip her, then flicker her with Eldrazi Displacer. Displacer lives because of the Gideon emblem.

Flicker her on the upkeep with the triggered damage ability on the stack. Her non-flip citp ability stacks on top, resolves first, displacer lives regardless.

Problem is you're paying 3 mana on your upkeep.

e: Actually, it's "the" next upkeep.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah, U/W flicker seems like it would be pretty good after this.

edit: oh man, and run the new Linvala in this deck for aggro match ups too.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Serperoth posted:

Looks like you're linking to the same item twice.

Opps copy/paste fail, this is right link, still nsfw

Any one know got any recommendations for a metal life counter that tracks both player's hp on thing?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Avacyn seems really close to Modern playable, I won't be surprised if she shows up at some point

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

TheKingofSprings posted:

Avacyn seems really close to Modern playable, I won't be surprised if she shows up at some point

I'm wondering what deck she'd work in though. Her flip ability almost feels like a downside in the shells she'd otherwise go in- it would kill all your hierarchs and birds, your lingering souls tokens, basically any g/w creatures except Loxodon smiter or finks I guess.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

That is one hell of a creature, hot drat.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

She costs 5

5 is so much in Modern

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

that is
that
sure is a creature, all right

god drat

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

bhsman posted:

Similar to Serra Angel

"What card would blow players' minds the most if you took it back in time to the early 90s?" now has an objectively correct answer.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

My favorite thing about this picture is how it's a left-to-right scale of best to worst-dressed.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Hopping Ghost posted:

"What card would blow players' minds the most if you took it back in time to the early 90s?" now has an objectively correct answer.
is it this:

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Better Serra Angel is one thing, but I imagine literally Serra Angel plus a bunch of new rules words and a whole other card on the back would bring a lot more "wait what"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
A player from 1993 wouldn't know Avacyn is strictly better than Serra Angel because vigilance wasn't keyworded back then.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Something I noticed.

The Clerics before they flip into the Inquisitors die to Avacyn's flip effect

If they're flipped into Inquistors at the time though, they survive.

The Church of Avacyn has no time for peace and care, only genocide of anyone not pure enough.

Considering Avacyn's flip side is Red though (i.e. it's not even the extreme end of white anymore, it's just pure destruction of everything around her), that may well be "anyone that isn't Avacyn" at this point.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

There've been a lot of really sweet flavor victories here but Avacyn and Geralf's Masterpiece both feel like they fall way short of "Great and Terrible" imo. Avacyn is strong as gently caress and Masterpiece is.... well, big. But neither of the make me think like "oh poo poo, the people of Innistrad are hosed" flavor-wise.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I love how they took the complaints that the huge story character Avacyn was unplayable garbage last time and decided to make the new one incredible.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The SituAsian posted:

Archangel Avacyn -> Avacyn, the Purifier

Casting cost 3WW

Hella pushed card but man the flavor rules.

Innistrad 2 please don't be setting me up for disappointment

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

GonSmithe posted:

I love how they took the complaints that the huge story character Avacyn was unplayable garbage last time and decided to make the new one incredible.

Hey man Avacyn was like the best creature in EDH

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
https://twitter.com/hairlessthoctar/status/706315043147800577

Tamiyo's alive!

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

GonSmithe posted:

Whereas dead guy Griselbrand is arguably the only creature that's better to have in play than Emrakul, and his stitched corpse looks like it will barely make Standard play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Avacyn looks like she's about to come down with a case of running-into-the-worst-flavor-text-of-all-time

e:

looks like something's about to cross into the plane...and I think that's nephalia

please be marit lage please be marit lage

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Mar 6, 2016

• Locked thread