Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Wait, is this a different Shaun King from the former Tampa QB? I've been so confused this entire time.

I'm in the same boat as you and I can't summon the energy to investigate for myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Ribsauce posted:

I don't know anything much Clay Travis but from what I can tell he is the Rush Limbaugh of sports. Anyway, Whitlock did way more than say "lol that dude's not even black." He devoted an entire episode of The Herd to the story when Cowherd was out. He had two journalists who wrote about the story in 2003, including word for word about Peyton sitting on the trainer's face (which King still thinks no one ever reported on even though Whitlock told him what paragraph in the 2003 story it was mentioned) and Shaun King. Honestly, the entire episode is really good except when Chris Kluwe comes on because holy poo poo is that guy a moron.

He did not even clown Shaun King, he let Shaun King clown himself, which was an easy task. I'll never believe anything that dude writes again. I posted about it a few pages back, but the highlight of the entire show was Shaun King proving he was black by talking about being with a rapper when he was 14 or so and the "soul food"* restaurant they were in getting shot up. He swore it was true, said "ask the rapper, he will tell you...I stake my life on this story." In a tweet that has apparently been deleted, the rapper said he didn't even know who Shaun King was. Apparently King told this story at his Undefeated interview and ESPN tried to vet it, decided it was a lie, and did not offer him a job.

*King's emphasis

Your love affair with Whitlock is interesting.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

morestuff posted:

There really aren't many outlets that can offer steady work to a guy whose exclusive skill is pretending to be an offensive idiot

The Oval Office

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

So it turns out that the lead attorney for the Marriott defense team may or may not have views the Erin Andrews peephole video with some friends on Tuesday night...

...while they were at a loving restaurant :psyduck:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Groucho Marxist posted:

I'm more talking about that he's held multiple fundraisers online where the money seems to mysteriously vanish.

I know, he's a scumbag who stole a ton of money through race baiting and made up stories. But in this case, the case of Peyton Manning's cock and balls landing on someone's face, he wasn't making it up.

Also holy poo poo at the post above me :psyduck:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Bud Collins, legendary tennis commentator and owner of a collection of pants that no doubt Craig Sager was envious of, passed away today at 86.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

soggybagel posted:

Your love affair with Whitlock is interesting.
I like him on the radio/podcasts. He is much better than pretty much any other sports radio host (in my opinion). I just ignore his tumblr page and pretend he doesn't write anymore. Also, just because I find him entertaining on the radio and his podcast (RIP) doesn't mean I agree with him all the time. I probably disagree and/or roll my eyes at roughly 40% of his opinions, but he is entertaining and an excellent interviewer which puts him above probably 97% of sports media.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Troy Queef posted:

Bud Collins, legendary tennis commentator and owner of a collection of pants that no doubt Craig Sager was envious of, passed away today at 86.

I loved NBC's Wimbledon coverage when I was a kid. Bud and Dick Enberg were a great duo in the booth.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ribsauce posted:

I like him on the radio/podcasts. He is much better than pretty much any other sports radio host (in my opinion). I just ignore his tumblr page and pretend he doesn't write anymore. Also, just because I find him entertaining on the radio and his podcast (RIP) doesn't mean I agree with him all the time. I probably disagree and/or roll my eyes at roughly 40% of his opinions, but he is entertaining and an excellent interviewer which puts him above probably 97% of sports media.

The weird part is less that you like him and more that you spend all your time in this thread posting about all the same poo poo he obsesses over, aping his bad opinions, or fanboying out over his every move for like 10,000 words (while simultaneously playing liking him off as a like guilty pleasure)

You have at least managed to avoid blaming all of society's problems on ta-nehisi coates so far, I guess

MourningView fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Mar 5, 2016

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

It's called reciprocation MV, we all know how much Whitlock loves ribs

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Early candidate for dumbest article of the year

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-sports-abominations-3-pointers-lincicome-spt-0306-20160305-column.html

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

loving lol, those first 3 paragraphs alone are the most old-man-yells-at-cloud things ever

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this guy is retired and just writes a dumb old man column every sunday

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

He wrote a column last year about how Cubs fans should root for their team to lose because they won't like the Cubs as much if they win a World Series.

Can't figure out why print media is dying.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/706317897572855808

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/richeisen/status/706324631385321472

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

"A basket should count what a basket counts. If we start assigning greater value to the length of things, Pinocchio never would stop lying.

A stunt has become standard, like bottled water and the ATM, and there is no going back. Yet we must be alert because that's the kind of thinking that leads to curved TVs, driverless cars and Pilates."

good argument, imo

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
gently caress me, you gotta be one hell of a dumb motherfucker to get rich eisen to call you out

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
A 300 foot home run is fundamentally different than a 500 foot home run mostly because the shortest porch is 310 feet.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Spoeank posted:

A 300 foot home run is fundamentally different than a 500 foot home run mostly because the shortest porch is 310 feet.

Inside the park or something I dunno

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

purkey posted:

Inside the park or something I dunno

Bernie Lincicome once wrote: "I will take a pass on the lighting of Wrigley Field. It is an easy choice. Whenever possible I avoid the soiling of virgins."

Gross.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

joshtothemaxx posted:

Bernie Lincicome once wrote: "I will take a pass on the lighting of Wrigley Field. It is an easy choice. Whenever possible I avoid the soiling of virgins."

Gross.

Ignorant, too. Wrigley Field would have been lit up in the 40s if they didn't need the steel for World War II.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Who the hell is anti-ATM

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

quote:

Don't get me started on hockey shootouts, college football overtime or the designated hitter. Especially the designated hitter.

yeah this dude is an NL fan

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
How old is this guy that he's still angry about things that happened 30+ years ago?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Anime Reference posted:

How old is this guy that he's still angry about things that happened 30+ years ago?

Ever talked to a boomer about Jane Fonda? Or racial integration busing? Yeaaaah.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Anime Reference posted:

There are a surprising amount of people who hate the Designated Hitter, and some of them weren't even alive when the DH was adopted.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The three point line is pretty important to the game and makes it vastly more entertaining, but on a philosophical level he's not wrong that the three point line is kind of bullshit. Hell, Popovich has been saying the same for a long time.

There is a tipping point where too many threes as a proportion of all shots taken is detrimental to the game, kind of like how strikeouts, walks and homeruns in baseball are so high that the ball is basically never getting put in play. I don't know if we're at that point now, but it could be a problem in the future.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 7, 2016

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Toilet Mouth posted:

The three point line is pretty important to the game and makes it vastly more entertaining, but on a philosophical level he's not wrong that the three point line is kind of bullshit. Hell, Popovich has been saying the same for a long time.

There is a tipping point where too many threes as a proportion of all shots taken is detrimental to the game, kind of like how strikeouts, walks and homeruns in baseball are so high that the ball is basically never getting put in play. I don't know if we're at that point now, but it could be a problem in the future.

Nah

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Crazy Ted posted:

There are a surprising amount of people who hate the Designated Hitter, and some of them weren't even alive when the DH was adopted.

More like Designated Hitler.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Toilet Mouth posted:

The touchdown is pretty important to the game and makes it vastly more entertaining, but on a philosophical level he's not wrong that touchdowns are kind of bullshit. Hell, Stagg has been saying the same for a long time.

There is a tipping point where too many touchdowns as a proportion of all points scored is detrimental to the game, kind of like how strikeouts, walks and homeruns in baseball are so high that the ball is basically never getting put in play. I don't know if we're at that point now, but it could be a problem in the future.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Is that dude old to enough to have written that banning dunks was good

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Crazy Ted posted:

Its easy to make an argument about something when half the sport has it and the other half doesn't.

Its like if the NFC had a four point field goal for kicks over 40 yards and the AFC didn't.

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I live. I die. I live again.

Sash! posted:

Its easy to make an argument about something when half the sport has it and the other half doesn't.

Its like if the NFC had a four point field goal for kicks over 40 yards and the AFC didn't.

The NL doesn't have the DH because the NL intentionally did not want the DH (yay the leagues are different!!!) and NL fans are the ones who turn into Greek mourners when bringing the DH to the NL is brought up.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Coincidentally, the NL is unwatchable garbage while the AL is cool and good

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

NO ONE loving CARES

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
A bold claim from a Mariners fan

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
The only time anyone should ever watch baseball is if they need an excuse to drink outside during the day and for some reason they can't go fishing.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
THIS THREAD IS GETTIN ME HEATED NOW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The three is like if you picked an arbitrary yard line and said, "if the scoring play starts from behind here, the touchdown is worth 6 points and if it starts in front of here it's worth 4 points."

The three point line serves an important purpose to how the game is played, but there's really no logical reason putting the ball through the hoop from 25 feet should be worth more than putting the ball through the hoop at 22 feet, or zero feet.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 7, 2016