Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

The ones that annoy me are the songs tuned to like 447. YOU JUST HAD TO BE SPECIAL!

Noel Gallagher you arrogant gently caress, go 440 like the rest of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
It's all the cocaine he did in the '90s loving with his hearing.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Noel was cargo culting his fav 60s records as usual

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I bought Friday I'm In Love and then never played it because it was in some loving off-tuning.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zaphod42 posted:

No loving poo poo dude. Way to be a dick.

Point is just directly transcribing those to guitar would sound dumb. The bachsmith arrangements were complex and different from just playing the source material exactly on guitar, and that's what made them good.

Good lord, I'm kidding dude.

Is there anyway to go through a part of a song note for note without having to worry about the speed? For the next Rocksmith I hope they implement a way to just give us the note chart and have it advance as we play, and not continue until you hit the right note (just remove the backing track or have it fade in the more you play without making a mistake). Right now if there's a fast passage with a ton of notes trying to get the fingering down for it you have to pause the game or slow it down, but even slow you're not really grabbing everything.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
Women Who Rock

The Runaways "Cherry Bomb"
???
???
???
???

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I just realized we might get Wake Me Up Inside. This is capitalized Not Okay.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Yeah no thanks to Evanescence. If we could get like some Nightwish or Lacuna Coil that'd be pretty sweet, I wasn't thinking about that.

I figured it'd be stuff like Joan Jett, Patt Benatar, Heart, etc. but I guess my mind goes to Classic Rock first. And Runaways is along those lines.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Cherry Bomb
I Love Rock N' Roll
Kiss Me Deadly

Make most of the pack just the Runaways.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I just realized we might get Wake Me Up Inside. This is capitalized Not Okay.

I have some bad news for you, friend. Already happened. It's called "Bring Me To Life".

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Dewgy posted:

I have some bad news for you, friend. Already happened. It's called "Bring Me To Life".

poo poo. I hate that loving song.

Can you guys go unmake that DLC?

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.
I need some Benatar that isn't Hit Me With Your Best Shot. UGGHHHH.

There's some fun Bangles songs out there, but none of them were singles so that's probably not happening, either.

So I guess I'm hoping for Benatar and Paramore and possibly more Heart. Add some more Fleetwood Mac with Stevie or Christine singing.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

s.i.r.e. posted:

Good lord, I'm kidding dude.

Is there anyway to go through a part of a song note for note without having to worry about the speed? For the next Rocksmith I hope they implement a way to just give us the note chart and have it advance as we play, and not continue until you hit the right note (just remove the backing track or have it fade in the more you play without making a mistake). Right now if there's a fast passage with a ton of notes trying to get the fingering down for it you have to pause the game or slow it down, but even slow you're not really grabbing everything.

I had to google "buttrock" to see if it was really a thing or if you just came up with it. :downs:

There's no way to do what you're asking in game that I know of, but you can use that RocksmithToTab app to generate the tabs which you then read with tuxguitar et al

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

toymach1ne posted:

Women Who Rock

The Runaways "Cherry Bomb"
???
???
???
???

I'm still holding out for St. Vincent. Birth in Reverse would be a pretty fun song to play.

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

Funky Valentine posted:

Cherry Bomb
I Love Rock N' Roll
Kiss Me Deadly

Make most of the pack just the Runaways.

The Distillers - Drain The Blood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNbzmtge6A0

The Donnas, I'd rock some Donnas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCvRT2sy5FE

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
My Spotify Discovery Weekly queue just played this. I'd be down:

Dead Sara - Weatherman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5vr_Vhoumc

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

If you can use customs, there's a really good one for this on customsforge.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Is there any trick to playing Rocksmith while using an amp or do you just get a splitter cable?

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
You'll need an AB/Y pedal. Rocksmith on channel A, Amp channel B and a both switch to enable both at once. AB pedals only have the one switch to toggle between the channels so make sure you grab an AB/Y like the switchblade+.

There's a lot of problems it can cause though, usually grounding issues or electrical noise coming from the USB ports causing horrible distorted blips to come out of the amp. Isolation transformers can help like behringer's hum destroyer.

When it works it's great, then it randomly decides to gently caress up when a right angle patch cable rotates in the jack socket and gets too close to the rocksmith cable so you still get some noise because the bloody cables act like antennas.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Verizian posted:

You'll need an AB/Y pedal. Rocksmith on channel A, Amp channel B and a both switch to enable both at once. AB pedals only have the one switch to toggle between the channels so make sure you grab an AB/Y like the switchblade+.

There's a lot of problems it can cause though, usually grounding issues or electrical noise coming from the USB ports causing horrible distorted blips to come out of the amp. Isolation transformers can help like behringer's hum destroyer.

When it works it's great, then it randomly decides to gently caress up when a right angle patch cable rotates in the jack socket and gets too close to the rocksmith cable so you still get some noise because the bloody cables act like antennas.

Whoa thanks. Sounds a little rough but maybe worth trying.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
So the Rocksmith goes to the movies pack is interesting. Played through just on bass so far but it's kind of fun having what is pretty much a different instrument focus. Each part feels like an assigned section of an orchestral piece, which is the opposite of the kind of musician I am, so it's neat to play stuff min that vein to me. 'A Knife in the Dark' was especially fun, getting to play the low horn and cello bits.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Verizian posted:

Or you could just buy a splitter, and turn down the in-game guitar volume.

I use one like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-6-35mm-Stereo-Splitter-Adaptor/dp/B0069M5U6C

Don't actually get that one though based off the reviews, I got one from radioshack I think.

Mr E fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Mar 6, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
The Riff Repeater has the new songs up on their youtube page but haven't updated their blog.

The Runaways - Cherry Bomb
Flyleaf - I'm So Sick
The Donnas - Take it Off
Hole - Celebrity Skin
The Pretty Reckless - Heaven Knows

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kekekela posted:

There's no way to do what you're asking in game that I know of, but you can use that RocksmithToTab app to generate the tabs which you then read with tuxguitar et al

Oh sweet, does this work on official DLC too?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Oh sweet, does this work on official DLC too?

Yep should work like a charm.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Fantastic.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

DeathSandwich posted:

The Riff Repeater has the new songs up on their youtube page but haven't updated their blog.

The Runaways - Cherry Bomb
Flyleaf - I'm So Sick
The Donnas - Take it Off
Hole - Celebrity Skin
The Pretty Reckless - Heaven Knows

Heaven Knows seems like a weird choice from Pretty Reckless and lol @ Hole, but cool pack

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Is the Hole backing track this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-xUwDARVb4

Because if it is, I should be able to 100% this song.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Nocheez posted:

Another song with bullshit tuning.

YeahWhatevah
Oct 28, 2013

Nocheez posted:

Jeezuz - "While My Guitar Gently Weeps Begs To Be Euthanized"

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Nocheez posted:

Haha is this real? Like I knew lots of artists used prerecorded live vocals but wow.

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

Courtney Shreds

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
that was really painful

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
To be fair, singing and playing at the same time is hard and tuning is inconvenient.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Also she was hammered iirc. I didn't see if it was in the description but that dude posted the story somewhere.

Hole paid him to film them and make a video out of it. Except they didn't pay him. So after a while he spitefully released the raw live audio.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Is that from before it's sent to the fx rig or what? Distorted riffs tend to sound lovely when there's no distortion on

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Dross posted:

Haha is this real? Like I knew lots of artists used prerecorded live vocals but wow.

I assumed it was fake, but it seems real. The audio is isolated so the audience didn't hear it like that, the other guitars were drowning out her guitar.

But holy poo poo that's bad.

Its like the david lee roth isolated vocals, but even worse. (AHHH YEAAAAAH https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IArxakPsPE0)

Poetic Justice posted:

To be fair, singing and playing at the same time is hard and tuning is inconvenient.

It is, and if I had to sing and play I'd probably sound like this too.

But it is bad :cheeky: (All the more respect to people who actually can play and sing at the same time, like the live act I saw yesterday at a bar)

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Nothing will beat the van halen tuning fiasco for cringe factor and crushing failure to make the best of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjx_GjyXCs4

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

baka kaba posted:

Nothing will beat the van halen tuning fiasco for cringe factor and crushing failure to make the best of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjx_GjyXCs4

Wait, was that what the audience was hearing?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

That's what everyone was hearing! That's why the vocals keep flapping wildly between both tunings, adding a little dash of extra magic