Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Just curiosity but anyone know exactly WHY the game takes forever and a day to load with mods? Any idea if this is something that could ever be fixed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Question about those fighter launch tubes: Does the mass block's placement on the fighter effect it's centre of mass when it's launched or is it just wherever it was but now effected by gravity with the block?

So If I were to put a mass cube on the nose of my grav launched fighter, would it be dragged behind it more stably then if the grav block was central/at the rear of the fighter?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pound_Coin posted:

Question about those fighter launch tubes: Does the mass block's placement on the fighter effect it's centre of mass when it's launched or is it just wherever it was but now effected by gravity with the block?

So If I were to put a mass cube on the nose of my grav launched fighter, would it be dragged behind it more stably then if the grav block was central/at the rear of the fighter?

Placement is very important, yes. For best effect you either want blocks in the nose of the fighter in a cross/plus shape, or around the middle of the ship in a straight line. If you slap them randomly through the fighter, they will all attempt to accelerate on their own axis (you're moving ONLY the mass blocks with what is technically dead weight attached) and likely have your ship trying to fly out belly-first as a result.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Placement is very important, yes. For best effect you either want blocks in the nose of the fighter in a cross/plus shape, or around the middle of the ship in a straight line. If you slap them randomly through the fighter, they will all attempt to accelerate on their own axis (you're moving ONLY the mass blocks with what is technically dead weight attached) and likely have your ship trying to fly out belly-first as a result.

I thought as much, Looks like I'm going with detachable nosecone grav block when I get there. I've doing crashed red ship survival, I've torn off an engine nacelle and am using that as a ship and plan to build it out over time till I got carrier/cruiser.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Just build the mass blocks into your fighter and turn them off when you aren't using them. They dont do squat when they're off.

edit:
I just want to show this off, because holy crap is there a lot of hangar space in the Avarice.

This is from back by the Lift/vertical shaft towards the back facing forward. There's two more pads further back right beside the liftshaft out of shot, for a total of 22 pads. The holes are for where the Connectors will be placed.

Subcraft added for scale. Echooooooooooooo... There's more space back past the liftshaft, which is where the main manufacturing cell is going to go, along with horizontal connectors for construction pods and cargo pods.

The upper and lower Flight Decks have twelve docking pads apiece, and as for the bays at the back...

Rather than a single general factoring cell, I'm gonna push this fat, soon-to-be chuggy, bastard of a ship even further by adding two fighter-exclusive ones to the back of each Flight Deck with different squadron colours for a bit more variety than just white-and-green (one for each squadron flight for a total of four). The Avalon had docking pads for twelve general subcraft. This thing's got 46 pads in all. Which will never be simultaneously used because it'd chug the game to death more than the Avarice will once it's built a bit more, but damned if it doesn't sound cool.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Feb 19, 2016

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
Neddy, the exterior shots of your ships make me think of how the Honorverse stuff is described. I dig it.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I really like your designs especially as I'm too lazy to build things myself. You should get some lighting in there or space-OSHA will not be pleased.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Police Automaton posted:

I really like your designs especially as I'm too lazy to build things myself. You should get some lighting in there or space-OSHA will not be pleased.

Space-OSHA are welcome to try making an inspection :toughguy:. I'm gonna add lighting once I'm certain the pads are all where I want them (which they pretty much are) along with finishing the back of the hangar deck, just so I dont have to undo and redo stuff later.

edit:

Wanted to try a quick stress-test to see how badly the system could chug once I started getting more blocks into the Avarice, so I just crammed more ships into the world and grabbed a screencap for you lot;

Waaaay up the top is a Kestrel shuttle for scale.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Feb 20, 2016

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Just think.

One day, perhaps far into the future, hardware processing and network bandwidth will reach the point where we will have a dozen guys per ship in battles that are big enough to chug on future-computers. Stuff like the Avalon in games were a ridiculous pipe dream 15 years ago.

Stuff like this is the seed for things to come.

Well done Neddy, your ships are as impressive and frightening as per usual, though some of them need to go on a diet.

Leave those poor fighters alone :ohdear:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

McGiggins posted:

Leave those poor fighters alone :ohdear:

What's wrong with my fighters? :confused:

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I was attempting to make a joke about your ship being so fat because you stuff so much inside it, like fighters and other craft, what with all those bays. :(

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

McGiggins posted:

I was attempting to make a joke about your ship being so fat because you stuff so much inside it, like fighters and other craft, what with all those bays. :(

That's just wrong; It poops fighters. An Avarice eats much bigger prey...

You can't see the unholy barrage of Heavy Defense Turret rounds because they don't have DX11 textures, but the smoke's from them. Also that's all of about maybe 1/4 of the Avarice's cannons beating the hell out of an Avalon.

Just gave it only a quick beating to try out the cannons. I have no goddamn clue what blew the big holes open in the hull, but I suspect maybe the Coil Cannons.

Given it's size, this seemed wholly necessary. Had to change the wording a little for spacing reasons, and the empty slots beside "For" are where the lights will go to keep it illuminated. Incidentally I got a bit greedy when laying out the inner armor of the hull. The average depth isn't three layers, it's more like 4-5 :v:.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

who's Noone

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
He said he changed the words due to space issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dZveoBfiww

Which means somebody just has to think bigger and make a full scale MegaMaid complete with rotors, pistons and hinges for the transformation sequence.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Verizian posted:

Which means somebody just has to think bigger and make a full scale MegaMaid complete with rotors, pistons and hinges for the transformation sequence.

I doubt it'd make it halfway through transforming before undergoing terminal gibs.

I finally got around to finishing my new(er) Multipod. I partly because I finally found a decent 6-direction conveyor block, and mostly so the Avarice's limited horizontal connectors could be freed up for just Cargo Pods and Mining Drones.

The Hummingbird fully works in atmosphere without Hydrogen Thrusters even when fully-loaded, and can fit a Jump Drive or three. It's basically meant to be a general starter ship on its own, and a utility/work pod in groups.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
It's that time of the week again.

quote:

Summary
This week’s update is all about bug fixes and improving the performance. The team is identifying all the parts that slows down the game one by one and making sure that they wont spoil the experience.
The highlights outline is thicker now and highlights are now applied to all doors found in the game. We added a new sounds (air passing by when flying with jetpack in atmosphere and drilling different materials).
We also fixed access of the public fields inside of a programmable block to make programming easier for you. Thank to Malware for his help.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We want to inform you that we have introduced some changes in our code that will affect the scripts. We have introduced a compatibility layer to help ensure your scripts work, but we could have missed some. If you find issues with your scripts, please report them in the modding section of our forums: http://forums.keenswh.com/forums/modding.325599/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iBforPAnko

Features
- New highlight for door

Fixes
- fixed access of public fields in programmable block (thanks to Malware)
- improved performance of refineries and assemblers
- improved performance of oxygen system
- fixed crash in programmable block script
- fixed crash when remote controlling the ship
- fixed crash with oxygen
- fixed crash when opening the game
- fixed crash when opening MOD screen
- fixed "convert to ship" available to anyone
- fixed mining with hand drill to different voxel materials did not sound differently
- fixed first start of the game is too slow
- fixed terminal screen not updating
- fixed ship landing gear attachment
- fixed grass is in voxel soil after digging grass
- fixed air vent conveying items

Apparently there's a bunch of loading optimizations this week (Solar Panels apparently aren't chuggy anymore) and they're taking a stab at fixing long loading times.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Didn't they fix batteries not charging for stations? Landed on a planet, merge blocked my lander onto a station half buried in the ground and suddenly batteries can only discharge.

On another note, is there still a steam group for goons playing this? I asked last year but the admins for that group are never online at the same time as me. My name on Steam is the same as here.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Verizian posted:

Didn't they fix batteries not charging for stations? Landed on a planet, merge blocked my lander onto a station half buried in the ground and suddenly batteries can only discharge.

On another note, is there still a steam group for goons playing this? I asked last year but the admins for that group are never online at the same time as me. My name on Steam is the same as here.

I think the battery bug still comes and goes from week-to-week :rolldice:.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Hello fellow Space Goons. Question for y'all. I've finally completed my giant planetary airship to the point I can test fly it around and so far so good. I installed a set of 8 landing gear attached to pistons that extend down so the vessel could land and with enough clearance to not damage the underside turrets / weapons / antenna. Problem was after I landed the ship I shut down the engines to conserve power and the whole thing slammed down into the ground and took severe damage while I sat there all :stare:. Thankfully I had a save file backed up on hand so I'm back to where I was before attempting to land.

So is there some way to use pistons to attach landing gear or is it that they can't support the weight of the vessel and I'll have to figure out some other way to have extendable landing gear?

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

lilspooky posted:

Hello fellow Space Goons. Question for y'all. I've finally completed my giant planetary airship to the point I can test fly it around and so far so good. I installed a set of 8 landing gear attached to pistons that extend down so the vessel could land and with enough clearance to not damage the underside turrets / weapons / antenna. Problem was after I landed the ship I shut down the engines to conserve power and the whole thing slammed down into the ground and took severe damage while I sat there all :stare:. Thankfully I had a save file backed up on hand so I'm back to where I was before attempting to land.

So is there some way to use pistons to attach landing gear or is it that they can't support the weight of the vessel and I'll have to figure out some other way to have extendable landing gear?

Yeah don't put landing gear on pistons, that's just asking for trouble.

Depending on your mass you might want a lot more than 8 landing gear.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
So any recommendation on how to create a landing gear system that stays out of the way until I'm ready to land?

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
There's some mods that add like magnetic landing gear that have a large locking distance, I think they're linked in the OP

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

lilspooky posted:

You mention a giant planetary airship, but there doesn't seem to be any pictures in this post :colbert:. Also pistons have the tensile strength of toothpicks, and you're much better off just sticking some maglocks on the bottom of the hull. Or leave it continuously drifting overhead.

I learned something interesting about explosives recently. While stacking warheads doesn't make much of a bigger boom, just a wider blast radius, when you stack Eikester's Nukes the results are somewhat... different.

This is what the Avarice's honking great gravity cannons fire. Nuke-wise, they've got four launchers in parallel (2x2) and detonate on a sensor - Shell flies close to something, sensor makes launchers fire, Nukes immediately go boom from hitting the inside of the shell to bring explosive joy to all.

Turns out four nukes clumped together will destroy Dreadnoughts.

Brutalize Battlecarriers,

And, well...

And a quick pic of how it's shaping up inside sans-nuking. There's so much space inside that I just went with some Timer rooms rather than a small-block core. The green level is where the CIC is, the yellow is Engineering and the main reactor core. There's gonna be another generic space-filler decorative level between them.

I haven't even touched the massive open area above the hangar decks yet :ohdear:.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Thanks guys, I'll look into the maglocks.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You mention a giant planetary airship, but there doesn't seem to be any pictures in this post :colbert:. Also pistons have the tensile strength of toothpicks, and you're much better off just sticking some maglocks on the bottom of the hull. Or leave it continuously drifting overhead.

Sorry, it's giant for me, nowhere near the size of your monster supercarriers nor is it all that great to look at. I'll see about grabbing some screens once it's fully complete. :)

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk
Hello all. Just sharing some screenshots from my latest project. Been playing a lot of survival with my friend and all our worlds seem to be bug infested. So we needed a bug hunting ship! I popped over to creative and took some time to work on an idea that I had already had, and this is what we got. It's currently in the process of being projecter built in our survival world. I present to you the 64B-Industries Gunship Mk. I Beta.

The ship boasts an impressive number of thrusters, enough for flight in any environment. Although it is a relatively large ship in terms of small ships, the design is compact and rather sleek, affording a bit of style even in the utility of a bug hunting gunship. It boasts four Gatling turrets, two on the top and two on the bottom. Although it may sound excessive, the extra turrets allow precise bug hunting power in both near and far turrets, keeping a good overwatch to keep your friends on the ground safe. The hull of the ship is primary formed of six hydrogen gas canisters. More than enough fuel for all your needs. It also supports on board fuel conversion from ice, allowing for emergency refuels when stranded on a moon or planet. It is powered by two large reactors and has an emergency power bank of three batteries.

Here we are presented with the main hydrogen manuring thruster banks, 64B-Industries patent pending design allows thrust in all directions in a compact and easy to assemble fashion. Main thrust is detached from secondary thrust, allowing for fuel savings or a quicker escape in case an evac is needed.

The gunship supports two passenger pods, allowing the ship to act as a shuttle or as simply an evac ship for when your friend is in trouble. The design of the passenger bay affords easy access while giving some protection. Passengers may view the on screen information to get up to date information about fuel levels and ammo amounts, and if desired, the readout can be adjusted to suit the needs of the passenger.

Two engine pods provide the primary atmospheric thrust for the gunship. A total of four large atmospheric thrusters facing down means that the craft is able to keep itself afloat in gravity without use of hydrogen. Backwards facing forward thrust enable the craft to zip along speedly along a planets surface. Control groups have been set up and enabled factory defeat to allow you to turn off your forward atmo thrusts, allowing for a smoother crusing and gliding experience while also conserving power.

Our last image is from the Pilot's Cockpit. On either side you immediately see the emergency hydrogen brakes. Under normal flight behavior, it is not required to use these, as there are small hydrogen thrusters already pointed forward. However, if you need to stop for any reason, you can immediately turn on the brakes to begin emergency deceleration. On the left, a readout panel shows the pilot the critical information of fuel levels in hydrogen tanks, and if present on the ship, the amount of ice in stock. It also shows ammo for each turret, so that the pilot can easily tell when a refuel and rearm is required.

The ship has been tested and proven capable of escaping atmospheric gravity.

Edit: I have tested escaping atmosphere, it requires approximately a 73% fuel burn on the standard 1g planet. I was carrying 10k ice as emergency backup fuel if required. Also about 1k ice will fill the tanks 2%, so it looks like a full refuel would take about 50k ice. I am now refueling and preparing for a landing on planet test. This could probably be shaved a bit with more careful burn management or with a mod that allows ships to go faster.

64bitrobot fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 3, 2016

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Have some late patch notes;

quote:

Summary
This week’s update is introducing an important feature to rotors and pistons. Just like pistons have been doing for a while, rotors now also lock by default at around 100m/s. We've also added the ability to manually choose the speed at which pistons and rotors lock as well a safety lock override checkbox. A new audio distance (echo) system has been implemented into our engine this week which means the volume of sound effects will change depending on your distance from the sound source. Some changes regarding ownership when building in space master have been made. When building with creative mode tools enabled in space master, the ownership of any block that you place will automatically be assigned to you. New rifle sounds have been added which will help you to identify the different variants. Lastly, we are releasing a new texture modding tool which is designed to help modders create game-ready textures. A guide for the new tool can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=635927143

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQrF6u8PjlQ

Features
- Manual rotor & piston safety lock
- Audio distance (echo) system
- Space master changes (ownership)
- New rifle fire sound system - every rifle has now unique sound
- Official Guide: Texture packing tool - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=635927143

Fixes
- fixed memory leak in audio
- fixed active mods not able to be sorted alphabetically
- fixed new small/large ship gear does not stick anymore
- fixed small ship gyro override extremely slow
- fixed timer not working when rejoining the server
- fixed items disappearing on lagged server
- fixed solar panels not recharging batteries on DS
- fixed weird deformation of armor that allowed looking through it
- fixed character farting when running on alien planet
- fixed cryo chamber not remembering camera
- fixed disappearing grids on server
- fixed mods causing problems in offline world
- fixed toolbar switching not working correctly
- fixed 3rd person and 1st person camera not switching correctly
- fixed player loses 29 ammo after re-equipping rifle on DS
- fixed refinery does not process input queue in order
- fixed timer block DS emissivity when rejoining
- fixed sound of turrets and door is cut too early
- fixed incorrect recalculation of items on servers
- fixed light turns off after enter and exit cryochamber
- fixed physics is broken when locking scrap metal on landing gear
- fixed sound of cryochamber playing when it should not
- fixed spotlights blinking
- added more oxygen sounds
- removed the ownership message when first joining the DS
- doubled the capacity of small grid hydrogen tank

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Patch Notes posted:

- fixed character farting when running on alien planet

What.

I haven't noticed this.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

McGiggins posted:

What.

I haven't noticed this.

That one's new to me too :stare:.

Have some Avarice pics.

The CIC's installed and just needs the Radar set up on the central column, along with generic info on the LCD's around the room. The Avarice also doesn't need to worry about manually reloading the internal guns in-general.

The Engine's right at the center of the ship instead of in its rear end for once, and there's six hyperdrives under the control room. There's another sixteen at the rear of the ship in two columns of eight to give it a jump raidus of about 850,000km. There's two Arc Reactors inside the fancy black nuclear reactor core for most of the ship's power, and I'm going to stick a bunch of secondary Reactors across the ship.

The deck layout's also not completely half-assed for once. Deck 3's just at the top of the upper flight deck, and 9's on the lower flight deck. The CIC's on Deck 4, and the Engine Room's on 6, incidentally. [Most of which consist of a half-finished corridor and empty space on the outer sides at the moment.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk
I uploaded my ship from a few posts ago to the workshop.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=637664037

I'll post here as I update it and it moves from beta to a more finalized state. (Mostly changes will be influenced by testing in my friends survival world)

Lowen
Mar 16, 2007

Adorable.

Did anyone else laugh at this part of the video?

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

He has seen things, terrible things.

The locking rotors/pistons is hosed, it doesn't just lock but disconnects it or something so no power, conveyors or terminal access to anything on one.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jigoku San posted:

He has seen things, terrible things.

The locking rotors/pistons is hosed, it doesn't just lock but disconnects it or something so no power, conveyors or terminal access to anything on one.

No safety like airgap safety! :pseudo: Have you tried it since the hotfix dropped?

Of which there are no updated patch notes for it yet :argh:

Lowen posted:

Did anyone else laugh at this part of the video?

"Thank god the farting finally stopped" :stare:

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

No safety like airgap safety! :pseudo: Have you tried it since the hotfix dropped?

Rotors work, but not pistons, pistons give a message "looking for specific rotor to attach" I wonder if they messed something up moving code from rotors to pistons.

At least it means Purrfect-Blinky's t-70 x-wing (who makes awesome vanilla Star Wars build) doesn't need the landing gear to lock the s-foils. But I still get drag (in space!?!) on the rotor grids, fix your game Keen! :argh:

E: I think locking the rotors does get rid of drag, I gotta test it more.

Jigoku San fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 5, 2016

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Need a little guidance on Timer Blocks. I'm trying to setup a hangar that when I open the doors it starts a set of flashing lights and a sound block playing a siren / warning sound which all then stops once the hangar is fully opened. How exactly do I get this to work? When I set it up it seems that the sound block will play briefly and then stop regardless of how long I set it to play for.

Also, at the bow of my ship I have several macro cannons that I want to maybe setup to fire in a staggered volley of basically one after the other instead of all at once. Does that require setting up a timer block for each gun with a delay in activation and have them basically trip the next one?

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

lilspooky posted:

Need a little guidance on Timer Blocks. I'm trying to setup a hangar that when I open the doors it starts a set of flashing lights and a sound block playing a siren / warning sound which all then stops once the hangar is fully opened. How exactly do I get this to work? When I set it up it seems that the sound block will play briefly and then stop regardless of how long I set it to play for.

Also, at the bow of my ship I have several macro cannons that I want to maybe setup to fire in a staggered volley of basically one after the other instead of all at once. Does that require setting up a timer block for each gun with a delay in activation and have them basically trip the next one?

Timer Blocks are kind of clumsy. It sounds like, for your hangar, you'll want two Timer Blocks: one for the Start of the opening/closing sequence, and one for the End of the opening/closing sequence.
The Start Block will tell the doors to Open/Close, tell the Sound Block to Play, tell the light group to turn On, and then Start the timer of the End Timer Block. You'll have to experiment with it to figure out how long the timer on the End Timer Block needs to be.
The End Timer Block will tell the Sound Block to Stop, and tell the light group to turn Off.

Make sure you have the Loop Time in your Sound Block set pretty high, otherwise like you noticed, the sound will play for a short time and then turn off. Ideally, you'd plan it out so the Loop Time was exactly as long as the open/close sequence, but since you're using the 2nd block to stop the sound, you can make it much longer.

For your second thing with the guns, yes. You'd want a Timer Block for each bank, and then each one would Start the timer of the next iteration.

If you're a programmer at all, you could probably even make the whole sequence of guns fire in rotations by grouping them into different squads and using a single Timer Block to self-trigger a Programming Block that stepped through a Switch command!

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Thanks for the help! I'll give it a shot later today.

Nope not a programmer so I gotta stick with the layperson route. :)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jigoku San posted:

Rotors work, but not pistons, pistons give a message "looking for specific rotor to attach" I wonder if they messed something up moving code from rotors to pistons.

At least it means Purrfect-Blinky's t-70 x-wing (who makes awesome vanilla Star Wars build) doesn't need the landing gear to lock the s-foils. But I still get drag (in space!?!) on the rotor grids, fix your game Keen! :argh:

E: I think locking the rotors does get rid of drag, I gotta test it more.

The drag comes from four rotor-mounted wings basically hanging off the ship loosely on a hinge instead of being fixed to the body. They're moving on their own independent axis during flight and it all goes a bit sideways when you make any turns due to their differing momentum :eng101:.

XkyRauh posted:

Timer Blocks are kind of clumsy. It sounds like, for your hangar, you'll want two Timer Blocks: one for the Start of the opening/closing sequence, and one for the End of the opening/closing sequence.
The Start Block will tell the doors to Open/Close, tell the Sound Block to Play, tell the light group to turn On, and then Start the timer of the End Timer Block. You'll have to experiment with it to figure out how long the timer on the End Timer Block needs to be.
The End Timer Block will tell the Sound Block to Stop, and tell the light group to turn Off.

Timers are basically steps in a sequence (one Timer per step), and would be vastly improved with a "wait for x seconds" command. Forward-cannon salvo fire just needs a timer for each cannon, or bank of cannons, setting Shoot to "On" and then waiting a second or two before activating the next. Sequence just runs once, and then the active Shoot setting will see to the cannons on its own.

Also I was wondering how to get a good interior angle to show how dense the the Avarice is now, then I remembered; I've done it before.

Still no man on a toilet though, sorry :ohdear:. Come to think of it, I haven't put any bathrooms in it yet.

And the other half, though I forgot to turn it around to face the sun.

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Anal-retentive, overly loquacious weapons scientist.

I'm still obsessed with making small grid ships. This time I wanted to copy some more stuff from Elite ships to make an explorer. I ended up with a weird hybrid of the Asp and Type-6.

I also wanted to try making fake radiators and I think they came out decently.

Its fat as hell at 310 tons and I pancaked it on the Earth-like. Turns out about 4 m/s doesn't cut it especially when the hydrogen runs out halfway to landing. :v:

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
There's a mod I've been tinkering with off and on, adding two different grades of armor blocks (Medium and Super Heavy.) Still need to math things out to be consistent (it's based off of vanilla values) but I wondered if anyone was interested in something that's, well, boring like that. And, of course, I need to do some texture work (using vanilla assets for now.)

Sorus fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The drag comes from four rotor-mounted wings basically hanging off the ship loosely on a hinge instead of being fixed to the body. They're moving on their own independent axis during flight and it all goes a bit sideways when you make any turns due to their differing momentum :eng101:.

They shouldn't be moving at all with max torque, It's more the physics sim and wonky relation of multiple grids.

Locking the rotors does seem to work though, no more drag. I took the X-wing down to a planet and when hovering it would fall forward till it was hanging nose down, But locked it would hover level without moving.

• Locked thread