Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whimskey
Jul 4, 2007

I ran my first 5k today! I've been trying to get in better shape for the past year, and a few months ago started using a running app. It's been really cool to see myself improving, and I'm pretty proud of myself. I absolutely would not have been able to do this a year ago, or even six months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Today I am celebrating 17 years with my husband, we began dating at 17. We have been together for half our lives now. It's crazy but we are very happy and proud!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Not today, but I wasn't aware of this thread at the time and this guy deserves recognition. Multiple times now he's made what he couldn't have known was an otherwise horrible day with random acts of kindness for an internet stranger half the world away, including <<< that. Thanks, dude. :unsmith:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

My parents and grandmother loved the scarves I made for them. Now all I ned to do is to look for that job and geant money.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Bowled a 110 game in 10-pin today. Not bad for being waaaay out of practice and in a casual setting.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Got my first "Hey bro, can you spot me this lift?" at the gym.

So far I was the new guy, the one who has arms the size of twigs. No longer!

jorty
May 11, 2015

grump_dog.jpg
Lipstick Apathy
I finally cleaned out my room today so I'm not living like a shitass anymore, I've been putting it off a lot because I'm lazy but now that I've actually done it I feel less useless. :)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Paid off a five-year old credit card balance :toot: Also unless TaxAct throws another hissy fit my wife and I will be done with our 2015 taxes tonight :toot:

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
surpressed all gay thoughts

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Nonviolent J posted:

surpressed all gay thoughts

That doesn't sound very good at all :(

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Took the entire morning off from work for my wife's green card interview, which itself took all of 15 minutes. So we came back and boned, took a nap, and got brunch with the rest of the time :buddy:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
^^^I hope it went well for her!

My financial aid came through! Plus I found out there's a Greek restaurant near our house. No more forty minute drives for gyros!

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

I'm about to board a plane for New York City. I haven't flown in years, everything's paid for because it's a business trip and my Birthday is this week.

I have no responsibilities on this trip besides training, so it's basically a vacation

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff
Was all shook from a bad weekend, but finally got to hear Ghostface Killah's new album. I was really skeptical to hear he was making a jazz album, but drat if I didn't find myself crying during one of the instrumental interludes. Maybe it was more about relieving built up stress but I'll take it.

Tony Bologna has a new favorite as of 05:03 on Feb 9, 2016

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I got a free movie ticket card from a rando while waiting in line at a theater I go to a lot.

I don't know why, but Jimmy crack corn, and I don't care.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Today I get my new Nexus 6P. It should've been yesterday, but weather happened, so FedEx postponed it.

No matter. I had a snow day and made some good progress on a paper I'm writing.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

MisterBibs posted:

I got a free movie ticket card from a rando while waiting in line at a theater I go to a lot.

I don't know why, but Jimmy crack corn, and I don't care.

I think that's a gang initiation, enjoy getting your face cut off! :v:

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Looks like my first documentary has a good chance to get picked up for production this year.

Further meetings tomorrow morning, I'm making GBS threads myself with excitement, and attempting to not count my early worm eggs, or however the saying goes.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
A bar I regularly visited was closed and rebranded, and I was a little :smith: that it appeared the entire crew was changed in the process.

But one of them, a bartender that was nice to me, is back! :dance:

LPlus, the bar seems to be doing better than the last time, so maybe it'll stick around this time!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I can finally show this at people to get them to understand why I can't stand certain sounds with the cochlear implant :buddy: It's surprisingly cathartic.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I can finally show this at people to get them to understand why I can't stand certain sounds with the cochlear implant :buddy: It's surprisingly cathartic.

I really hope that research works out for your sake :unsmith:, I can't imagine not being able to enjoy music. :smith:

E: I mean I can't imagine not being able to hear anything either but we've chatted about that before. :v:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My family discovered the video on facebook, they talked about exactly that, actually :v: Apparently I've always been the one with the best taste in music. Come to think of it, all the bands I picked out are ones that make heavy use of drums...

E: one advantage I have that the video doesn't go into is that I wasn't born deaf, I lost it at age 5. What the video shows is basically how people born deaf who get the implant hear- others who lose their hearing after being born with it like me, ther brain knows to 'connect the dots' and adjust the input to sound more natural. Still doesn't allow for getting all the layers of music, but c'est la vie.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 05:22 on Mar 5, 2016

Tailwhoop
Oct 18, 2008

Luigi to Kobe's Mario.
Broke up with the bitch that cheated on me. I ain't even upset anymore. Feels good.

Also, I'm moving from my hometown finally. Too much bad energy here.

Reason for THAT is because I sent my portfolio to a employer and they liked it. Was hired and my career finally starts. :)

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I commuted to work on my bike yesterday. Normally I wait until May but we didn't have winter this year so might as well get at it!

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
I am kicking rear end at the fitbit competition this week. I'm almost 40,000 steps above the #2 on the leaderboard, and the guy who's been teasing me ever since I dropped back during marathon recovery stands no chance of catching up, unless he starts running long distance or I get injured.

Probably not the best idea to taunt a long-distance runner in a fitbit contest...

I also found a beautiful pair of gold pumps to wear to my friend's wedding this month. My dress is blue and gold, two colors I never wear so I had no shoes to go with it, and do you know how hard it is to find gold shoes? If you can find them they're either stripper shoes, old-lady shoes, or terribly tacky-looking. But these are just the right amount of in-between, and weren't super expensive.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I think I've figured out something about myself.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I ate oreo biscuits for the first time ever.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I haven't played piano in a billion years and just started again yesterday. Today I figured out a (video game) song by ear. It's awesome cause I always had a ton of stuff hindering me from playing music but being older and being able to do it now, yay :unsmith:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Caught up with the cute girl that lives up the hall from me in the apartments where we live, hadn't seen her for a while and found out the company she works for is a client for the MSP I work for. Plus she's super sweet, :420: friendly, likes working out, and has a fantastic personality. Things could get interesting soon, time to up the flirting game methinks... :)

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Just learned that the final things I had left have received passing grades, so I am now done with my bachelor's degree in journalism. My university years have been many and kind of a mess with lots of different subjects, some of which I don't even know why the hell I took, so this is definitely the greatest academic achievement of my life.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Fuel prices are below 100 cents for the first time like a decade. As well as being easy on the wallet, I've got a sort of nostalgia for seeing "Price" rise slower than "Litres".

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I've been feeling pretty depressed lately. I think one of my friends or family sent out some kind of message because I've been getting phone calls, emails, and texts today from a bunch of folks wanting to check in and the like. :gbsmith:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Took a chance on eating out at a place that had gone down the drain and it's improved again!

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Hey guys let's just literally never talk to me again maybe that'll fix things
I'm working on a Dota 2 mod where you play as five characters at once. I just finished character five, code, visuals, audio, and all! :cheers:

Now I just have to set up the game's base mechanics, maps, and UI. I mean that's still a lot, but holy gently caress it's a big milestone. I've been working on this poo poo for like a month.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
I finally got my braces off and my teeth whitened yesterday after 2 and a half years. ::woop:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The lady who's probably going to replace my terrible supervisor brought donuts to the guard shack tonight after my shift started :neckbeard:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Uncovered FFXV blew my expectations out of the water (Stand by Me what), and a good LP had an update which should start covering the best part of that game. A good day for watching internet videos all around. :)

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

AlphaKretin posted:

Uncovered FFXV blew my expectations out of the water (Stand by Me what), and a good LP had an update which should start covering the best part of that game. A good day for watching internet videos all around. :)

Gonna give the demo a go later. I'm expecting good things.

With DkSIII and FFXV I think I'm set for the whole year.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Had a good day at work, found out I'm accepted to one school, and another (one I'm REALLY excited about!) might not be out of my reach afterall---none of the credits from the classes I did the worst in will transfer, so I will have a 4.0 or near it transfer GPA. I *hope* this means not only am I more likely to get accepted, but also might put me in the running for some really good scholarships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I convinced my new group to stop believing in rape culture crap, then we moved onto going on how to design a national US subway/train system.