Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

First night I get to really play in a good while and I end up with 1 bar on every match because this game loving hates me. I have nothing else running on my network yet here I am a full one second behind everyone else.
I can only imagine your pain. 3 makes me want to kill myself, let alone 1-bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

widespread posted:

Also, I'm positive a Kill Counter is not worth the prestige count because why the gently caress would you re-lock your guns again aside from more decorations.

you get xp again for unlocking everything

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

victrix posted:

Welp. I speculated a few months ago that they must have added some sort of ads inaccuracy to certain guns when they mentioned an RK5 nerf in one of the patches, because I was seeing really inconsistent poo poo in-game that didn't seem to be lag.

Turns out it does exist. There's ADS spread on every single SMG, all of the pistols, and the Dingo.

Garbage tier mechanic. You aim, fire, and miss even though you were on target.

That'd explain some of the absolutely batshit insane four burst kills I'd get on targets at close range with the Pharo. I was only hitting with one bullet out of each burst because the others were just... deciding to go off in some random direction. Exact same story with the RK5. Flinch + ADS error = lol you miss.

Do you have a citation for this? Preferably not Reddit.

Because I was getting ridiculous kills at range with pistols and SMGs this weekend.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm all right with the Dingo having ADS spread because the Dingo is fun to just fire constantly.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Pretty sure it's full of poo poo confirmation bias. It's the internet saying you missed even if your POV indicated otherwise. That'll never change.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Javes posted:

Sometime you do your best and still come up short...

Why are you playing with pubbie trash :(

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

you get xp again for unlocking everything

Yeah but uh... re-getting stuff like the MR6 attachments after playing with a preferred set-up. Or just any ol' gun that sucks that sucks less when you get late-end attachments.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

Do you have a citation for this? Preferably not Reddit.

Marvel4 pulled it from the data files, it's under ADS Spread: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k7jVpX782zoAIDGqj61l1Yw5qoPf1QVHpM01mwa-tTI/edit?pageId=113708114765823465801#gid=0

XclusiveAce did a video on it recently too, its easy to test, go fire at a wall with a recon equipped smg, let the sight recenter every shot - the bullets won't hit where you're aiming.

Idiotic mechanic. There's already recoil, flinch, damage falloff, cover, and lag to control long range weapon power. They didn't need to add 'lolumissbro'. Where it really drives me crazy isn't at a distance anyway, I don't care about that, I expect to miss shots at a distance due to recoil and inaccuracy to begin with, it's the bullshit misses at shorter distances that have caused me to flip out on more than one occasion. At least now I know I wasn't totally crazy, just like that Argus-GungHo bug I was running into unknowingly.

There's actually another new mechanic at work as well, that influences how harsh recoil is based on whether you're fighting it or moving with it: http://denkirson.proboards.com/thread/8175/recoil-control-mechanic-black-ops

That latter mechanic would also explain why some weapons simply feel better to some players, based on how skilled they are at fighting certain directions of recoil, and why some weapons are kryptonite.

Treyarch got a little too clever this time around, introducing inherent inaccuracy to ads weapons is poo poo, and there are too many completely loving unintuitive attachment rules going on behind the scenes (hello Long Barrel).

edit: And a third just as a bonus, they did buff the Grip quite a bit, it's not just a recoil reduction (ie, slightly less maximum possible deflection), it also behaves slightly like the HAMR did in BO2 - on full auto weapons, if you hold the trigger, each shot past the first has less recoil up to a maximum 'bonus' to your recoil control. So a gun with Grip is going to stabilize (slightly) over time, on top of having (slightly) less recoil to begin with.

victrix fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Mar 6, 2016

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

For a game as casual as COD they sure do go out of their way to make poo poo complicated. I really haven't clicked with any SMGs this year either except the Pharro and even that has a tendency to be random at times.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
loving knew something was up with the dingo aside from the bullshit "firing while ads with a stock makes you move slower than walk speed."

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

victrix posted:

Welp. I speculated a few months ago that they must have added some sort of ads inaccuracy to certain guns when they mentioned an RK5 nerf in one of the patches, because I was seeing really inconsistent poo poo in-game that didn't seem to be lag.

Turns out it does exist. There's ADS spread on every single SMG, all of the pistols, and the Dingo.

Garbage tier mechanic. You aim, fire, and miss even though you were on target.

That'd explain some of the absolutely batshit insane four burst kills I'd get on targets at close range with the Pharo. I was only hitting with one bullet out of each burst because the others were just... deciding to go off in some random direction. Exact same story with the RK5. Flinch + ADS error = lol you miss.

I noticed this last night and was losing my poo poo over it. I had no explanation for it.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I double prestiged the KN-44. It now has a kill counter. Why did I even do this? I have no idea.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

beedeebee posted:

I double prestiged the KN-44. It now has a kill counter. Why did I even do this? I have no idea.

because it's a good gun with or without attachments and it was super easy, same reason I did.

and yeah, i usually save prestiging a weapon for a new 1-55 prestige so I can use the weapon bonus XP to level up through some of the bullshit leagues.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Have the Garand, Shadowclaw, Brass Knuckles and Butterfly knife. I'm not sure the Garand has much over a rapid fire Drakon apart from the snappier handling. You don't get any aim assist for either on PC.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

victrix posted:

Marvel4 pulled it from the data files, it's under ADS Spread: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k7jVpX782zoAIDGqj61l1Yw5qoPf1QVHpM01mwa-tTI/edit?pageId=113708114765823465801#gid=0

XclusiveAce did a video on it recently too, its easy to test, go fire at a wall with a recon equipped smg, let the sight recenter every shot - the bullets won't hit where you're aiming.

Idiotic mechanic. There's already recoil, flinch, damage falloff, cover, and lag to control long range weapon power. They didn't need to add 'lolumissbro'. Where it really drives me crazy isn't at a distance anyway, I don't care about that, I expect to miss shots at a distance due to recoil and inaccuracy to begin with, it's the bullshit misses at shorter distances that have caused me to flip out on more than one occasion. At least now I know I wasn't totally crazy, just like that Argus-GungHo bug I was running into unknowingly.

There's actually another new mechanic at work as well, that influences how harsh recoil is based on whether you're fighting it or moving with it: http://denkirson.proboards.com/thread/8175/recoil-control-mechanic-black-ops

That latter mechanic would also explain why some weapons simply feel better to some players, based on how skilled they are at fighting certain directions of recoil, and why some weapons are kryptonite.

Treyarch got a little too clever this time around, introducing inherent inaccuracy to ads weapons is poo poo, and there are too many completely loving unintuitive attachment rules going on behind the scenes (hello Long Barrel).

edit: And a third just as a bonus, they did buff the Grip quite a bit, it's not just a recoil reduction (ie, slightly less maximum possible deflection), it also behaves slightly like the HAMR did in BO2 - on full auto weapons, if you hold the trigger, each shot past the first has less recoil up to a maximum 'bonus' to your recoil control. So a gun with Grip is going to stabilize (slightly) over time, on top of having (slightly) less recoil to begin with.

Weird. Even with all that, I'm still getting higher accuracy numbers than I have for any other game in the series.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

the gently caress do you guys get anything but legendary taunts and camos out of the black market

or are you paying $

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I've never gotten a weapon out of a box. Luckily I don't care - if I get one I get one, but I'm having enough trouble golding the weapons I already have :v:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Anyone playing now?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I'm your huckleberry

What's your PSN

Zapper
Mar 14, 2006

Zap!
[quote="Nostalgia4Dicks" post="457103858"]
the gently caress do you guys get anything but legendary taunts and camos out of the black market

or are you paying $

I got mine for free from the 30 crates

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
jacs and I are playing rn

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I'm your huckleberry

What's your PSN

Jacs Noodle Boy. We have a group going right now.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

victrix posted:

And this just made me laugh, some random pubby

Now I want to find the Uber Pubby, Pubby Actual, someone with like 5-10k blackcell kills, more than his other weapons.

He doesn't actually have that many Black Cell kills, this is actually a weird glitch caused by the recent patch update that changed the kill counter. Whatever they did inadvertantly changed the combat record, so your actual number of kills is replaced with the number of things you've shot down. I figured this out earlier when I looked at my own combat record and saw that my number of Black Cell kills had magically jumped from 3 to 710. The same thing has happened to the XM-53 as well.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

well, a) that's exactly how the anti-air gun kill display should work because you're not intended to kill players with it
b) the criticism was about having shot down so many scorestreaks it's your second best gun so

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

That owns. How do you do this? And does it actually work in game too? Or is it just in the winners circle or w/e?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
There's a paint shop tool on the start menu from the public games screen. You have to enable a menu option to view user generated content to use it. They work in game, yes, except when the game just kinda decides it doesn't feel like loading your paintjobs now and again.

Makes it really easy to tell when someone picks up / kills you with your gun.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

or are you paying $

Well I am Master Prestige 120 something. Lots of crates, plus luck.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.
After hitting Master Prestige level 78 I did Fresh Start in a fit of rage ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

well, a) that's exactly how the anti-air gun kill display should work because you're not intended to kill players with it
b) the criticism was about having shot down so many scorestreaks it's your second best gun so

Perhaps it should say "scorestreaks destroyed" then? The original post was marveling that the pubby had actually killed other players with the launcher that many times.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I'd like to think people would be smart enough to infer that a weapon that can only lock on to streaks wouldn't need the programming effort to make it say that, but...

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Gordon Shumway posted:

Perhaps it should say "scorestreaks destroyed" then? The original post was marveling that the pubby had actually killed other players with the launcher that many times.
No, it wasn't. It was making fun of their inability to kill other players.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Drav posted:

After hitting Master Prestige level 78 I did Fresh Start in a fit of rage ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Drav posted:

you are my idol

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
did they buff the dingo? poo poo is wrecking now like it always hits

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
lol they added aids spread tio it? drat

edit: maybe the spread helps lol

orly fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 7, 2016

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

No you're not wrong, I was cleaning house with it, go figure

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I just tested it some more and yeah it looks like it's the spread. You just point vaguely in the direction of the enemy and he gets whittled down. Also no more shooting 10 rounds between someone's legs or over their shoulder.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Stux posted:

you are my idol

It was too much pressure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
is there any way to disable dlc yet

• Locked thread