Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/03/02/2016-mls-supporters-group-field-guide-portland-timbers

quote:

Habitat: They can be found congregating in small groups at various bars and restaurants surrounding Providence Park in the northwest section of downtown Portland, especially prevalent on Saturdays, Sundays and sometimes midweek, usually flocking together at dusk.

Approximately two hours before Timbers kickoff, the small groups merge together in the north section of Providence Park, known as the Woodshed. Sections 101-108 and 201-208 are where the finest examples of this species can be observed.

Visual Identification: The adult in winter and early spring months can be commonly observed in flannel, wool sweaters and worn denim jackets. Frequently plumage will include homemade patches, pins and other adornments.

The adult in summer months will continue to adorn themselves in flannel and denim, lighter in weight, sleeves often cut by the adult at various lengths. Tattoos, piercings and Timbers scarves are prevalent no matter the season.

Defining Characteristics: Timbers Army consists of a large swath of Portlanders, spanning genders and professions, including both natives and transplants. A particular vocal subsection are longtime Timbers Army members who often call out to no one in particular: “I’ve been sitting in the north end since 2000, man.”

One common distinction is they are often in their 20s or 30s, but the age can range decades in either direction. A love of rain, IPAs, Caleb Porter and Darlington Nagbe exists with nearly 100 percent of the group.

Songs and Calls: Timbers Army members are among the most vocal of North American soccer supporters, never ceasing to stop chanting before and after each match. The call can vary, from the frequently used “Portland boys, we are here,” to “You are my sunshine,” always sung at the 80th minute. There are upwards of 20 identifiable calls!

These are probably all loving epic
http://www.mlssoccer.com/series/supporters-group-guides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I need a break from this thread. It's too much to take in.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Rogue Cavaliers Brigade

Habitat: Section 9, as part of the convention of supporters groups in the south goal area

Visual Identification: The RCB also has a drum corps, and like the other supporters' groups, is clad in claret and cobalt.

Defining Characteristics: Active since 2005, with a tailgating tradition that goes back to Rice-Eccles Stadium, the RCB is the original RSL supporters' group.

Songs and Calls: As European-inspired fans, they have a number of PG-13-level chants. The milder “RCB Anthem” rhymes “I am a Cavalier, I have been all my life” with “I’ve stood behind Salt Lake through victory and strife.”

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Jesus christ.

Ban them all.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

Songs and Calls: As European-inspired fans, they have a number of PG-13-level chants. The milder “RCB Anthem” rhymes “I am a Cavalier, I have been all my life” with “I’ve stood behind Salt Lake through victory and strife.”

Wow thankfully it's pg13 otherwise there might have been some f-bombs casually thrown around

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

MLS is a national disgrace

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

African AIDS cum posted:

Rogue Cavaliers Brigade

Habitat: Section 9, as part of the convention of supporters groups in the south goal area

Visual Identification: The RCB also has a drum corps, and like the other supporters' groups, is clad in claret and cobalt.

Defining Characteristics: Active since 2005, with a tailgating tradition that goes back to Rice-Eccles Stadium, the RCB is the original RSL supporters' group.

unreal

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

African AIDS cum posted:

Rogue Cavaliers Brigade

just imagine those PG-13 chants being chanted by a bunch of Mormons

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Arsenal_Supporters.txt

http://arseblog.com/2015/09/spurs-away/

"Sometimes, when Arsenal have won, I have to take refuge in the train toilet to punch the air a few times"

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

black people don't go to mls games

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 10, 2016

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

why is there butter melting off the logo

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It's Liverdrool

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

dex_sda posted:

why is there butter melting off the logo

America

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

I get a lot of ads on Facebook for that sweatshirt.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
If you scraped away at some of the letters it could say BUT ON MATCHDAY I FART ON LIVERPOOL

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Shouldn't it be belong without the s?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

my heart and soul are belong to liverpool, not is belong to liverpool

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Shouldn't it be belong without the s?

It depends exactly how you're reading it but you can treat "heart & soul" as a single noun phrase and "Liverpool" as the place name in which case it's fine. "Belong" would have sounded more natural though.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

its more simple: americans treat teams as singular and we treat them as plural. The only time its a real issue is when my boss at work tries to make me do the same as the americans, which is annoying.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDz9BFUy4cY&t=62s

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
this is as good as Portland, Oregon gets

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

blue footed boobie posted:

this is as good as Portland, Oregon gets

Also he's in Seattle in the video lol. Had a few too many IPAs

But at least he knew the chant without havin to look at the chant sheet https://107ist.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Chant-Sheet-10.pdf

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
http://www.gfopsingles.com/

quote:

GFOP (Great Friends of the Pod) Singles was created to fill a hole in the dating sphere. The struggle to find a partner that has similar views in football is essential to a happy relationship. Find that special person that you can wake up in the early hours of the morning to cheer on the same team. There are those of course who feel that opposites attract, for those I say good luck. Feel free to also have a try with someone who is a blue when you are a red.

We strive to create the best environment to find those around you and throughout the world that shares your same views, beliefs and loyalties or not. Feel free to let us know your thoughts and what we can improve. And if you are feeling generous, we are always in need of support with server and website maintenance donations. Thanks for your support and community involvement.

A loving Men In Blazers dating site.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Qwest Field, Seattle

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

African AIDS cum posted:

Also he's in Seattle in the video lol. Had a few too many IPAs

But at least he knew the chant without havin to look at the chant sheet https://107ist.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Chant-Sheet-10.pdf

"MENTAL AND GREEN
Tune: “You are my Sunshine”
We are the Portland - The Portland Timbers
We are mental - And we are green
We are the greatest - Football supporters
That the world has ever seen. "

>americans using the word "mental" to not mean retarded

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Abu Dave posted:

>americans using the word "mental" to not mean retarded

What are they using it to mean?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
When I think "Ultras", I think "Sung to the tune of You Are My Sunshine"

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mickolution posted:

What are they using it to mean?

Insane, but "mental" is not used to mean insane in America.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

trem_two posted:

I'm assuming an Ashley Madison ratio of desperate men to female bots

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

trem_two posted:

This sport is ruined here

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

TheBigAristotle posted:

I'm assuming an Ashley Madison ratio of desperate men to female bots

The men could likely be mistaken for bots as well, as they talk entirely in catchphrases.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Abu Dave posted:

Insane, but "mental" is not used to mean insane in America.

So they were using it to mean what they weren't using it to mean? Ok.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Crikey guvnor it's getting a bit mental in ere, oi oi saveloy

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mickolution posted:

So they were using it to mean what they weren't using it to mean? Ok.

mls supporter spotted

they shouldn't have used it period because you don't use it that way in america.

like alice in wonderland, "we're all a bit mad here" in america means "we're all a bit angry here". it would be "we're all a bit nuts here"

Empress Brosephine fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Mar 13, 2016

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Abu Dave posted:

mls supporter spotted

they shouldn't have used it period because you don't use it that way in america.

like alice in wonderland, "we're all a bit mad here" in america means "we're all a bit angry here". it would be "we're all a bit nuts here"

nutty hatter sounds weird though

well sounds nice actually because of the double tt thing, but you know what i mean

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J53G6JlRcj4

Arsenal fan melting down and burning his kit.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gulf Oil International has today been unveiled as Manchester United’s first official global lubricant oil and fuel retail partner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

TheBigAristotle posted:

Gulf Oil International has today been unveiled as Manchester United’s first official global lubricant oil and fuel retail partner

They've also gained an Official Digital Transformation Partner, Official Feature Film Partner and Official Formal Footwear Partner since the last time I visited this, the funniest link in football: http://www.manutd.com/en/Partners.aspx