Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

The Army, a toilet with a poo poo/vomit mountain rising above the bowl

thread title

I've seen this more times than I'd like to recall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The weirdest poo poo I took in the Army are those ones at the ranges in Ft Benning. Ten seconds before your poo poo hits water, very unnerving.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Wasabi the J posted:

The weirdest poo poo I took in the Army are those ones at the ranges in Ft Benning. Ten seconds before your poo poo hits water, very unnerving.

Like the old wooden ones in the woods? Had those at knox too. I can't help but imagine entire mutant ecosystems live beneath

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Like the old wooden ones in the woods? Had those at knox too. I can't help but imagine entire mutant ecosystems live beneath

where do you think CSMs come from

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Sill too. Pretty sure it's universal to all BCT bases. O at least older ones.

poo poo piling literally out of the porta John and you are having to gauge the exact angle you need to be to poo poo because anywhere else is not an option.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Soulex posted:

poo poo piling literally out of the porta John and you are having to gauge the exact angle you need to be to poo poo because anywhere else is not an option.

and people be boning each other in them like nonstop too, lol

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Ah, yes, taking a steamy poo poo in a frozen, overfilled portashitter on Knox during your final FTX when the drills set off arty sims right next to you... running out with your dick out. Those were the days...

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I will never forget shining a flashlight down one of the deep pit-shitters and seeing thousands of writing worms/maggots/....creatures crawling around in the dark abyss. Truly a hell on earth.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Soulex posted:

Sill too. Pretty sure it's universal to all BCT bases. O at least older ones.

We lost all septic and gray water service at Ghazni for a couple of weeks and the portajohn contractors stopped showing up the work because the Taliban were threatening them (and then the contract got outright canceled by a GS-15 contacting officer at BAF). It was to that point where you'd have to basically stand while making GBS threads to avoid sitting on a festering pile of poo poo in the hot Afghan summer.

It's like I always say, it's not a good Army story unless it somehow involves poo poo.

psydude fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Mar 6, 2016

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
Yo

go gently caress yaself if u've ever gone beyond one microsecond of considering joining

~*~this is a monthly reminder 4 u qt's~*~

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I liked to ride jump seat with my friend who flew chinooks and I have to say as well, there is a relationship between the pilots (proper Os, but warrants also) and chinook FEs/gunners that I can't recall seeing elsewhere in the army. It may as well have been brain surgery when I watched/heard these dudes lower a 33,000lb helicopter with 20 full-ruck dudes in the back onto a some mountain in the Pech river valley, with trees and rock debris everywhere, and the rear gunner is like "down 1, back 1" and we move a little from our hover and he's like "back 1 again and you're there" and 1 means feet; he was telling the pilot to move 1 foot at a time. And my buddy does it without asking. It was pretty cool to witness. Then I went home to write S2 reports and slam ripits while wondering why I didn't go for flight school, but hey I didn't have to wait 8 years to drop my REFRAD.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Most pilots give crewchiefs a lot of respect because they couldn't fly without them. Crewchiefs do all of the maintenance on the aircraft in addition to keeping the aircraft clear of obstacles in situations where the pilots can't clear the aircraft themselves (which is a lot of the time). Crew coordination is really stressed in aviation because there's no loving around when you're doing dust landings in zero illum, etc.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Wasabi the J posted:

It's even more unnerving when the noises you hear from down there aren't from you making GBS threads and you're the only guy in the latrine.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Army: poop stories and shame. mostly shame.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I may be able to go to the IRR 2 years early :dance:

Of course, now that I've posted about it, it won't happen :(

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

My favorite poop story is NTC, like how I literally would be in the John every goddamn time we got ambushed. One time,ambush free, hear a rustlin over in the one next to me. A splash, then a "gently caress!" I was like "what'd you drop?" Voice answered back "my loving ACU." I mentioned that it's not too bad, it'll wash out, got spares. He replied "No. My loving ACH."

"Oh..." Hard to suppress laughter in a porta shitter

That same NTC rotation had a squad leader get his helmet poo poo on by his squad because they loving hated him. Twice.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Soulex posted:

That same NTC rotation had a squad leader get his helmet poo poo on by his squad because they loving hated him. Twice.

incredible

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Soulex posted:

On or in? That's an important distinction....I'm hoping for in

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

It was in. Typo/autocorrect.

Miloshe
Oct 25, 2009

The little chicken girl wants me to ease up!
He can't handle!
He cries like woman!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

since we tellin boot camp sick call stories, heres one for ya

training company moved back to mcrd from our month stay up at pendleton, and the only open building was the one housing mrp (sick/broken recruits) and pcp (fat/weak bodies). wasnt long after where an outbreak of vge swept thru every platoon, a couple platoons were even quarantined to their squadbays. if you dont know what vge is, its viral gastroenteritis, it makes you vomit and poo poo uncontrollably. somehow i managed to avoid catching it even though i was going to sick call with a bunch of vge dudes since i had caught bronchitis up north. i still remember going into the head of the one unused squadbay and seeing a toilet with a poo poo/vomit mountain rising above the bowl

Fuckin' Army trying to Stolen Valor your Marine stories.

I have pissed on men three times in my life.

Parris Island at the range while trying to piss between a mans legs while he was making GBS threads and three other recruits tried to hit the funnel urinal as I assume multiple DI's rocked the porta-shitter.

Parris Island again as I awoke from my top rack and had my dick out before hitting the floor. As I rushed towards the piss troughs I let out an ungodly fire hose stream right across the foot of a bleary eyed buck toothed shower shoe shod motherfucker who simply looked down and said "What the gently caress, man?" in the most defeated way possible.

Camp Lejeune, off base, my buddy passed out in front of the only toilet. When I awoke I thought I'd done a fantastic job exercising courtesy in not waking him up and at the same time aiming diligently. The flip-phone camera footage proved otherwise in addition to my boy asking if there were any cats in the house because all he could smell on the air mattress was piss. When I saw the Wolf of Wall Street Lambo scene I laughed inordinately.

These vignettes are profound metaphors for not joining or respecting the military. It'd behoove you to promulgate them, what do I know and who needs to know it?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Yeah seriously; what the gently caress man

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So, I just got a QTC appointment despite being past the medboard process and waiting for ratings. Anyone know what the gently caress?

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Miloshe posted:

Fuckin' Army trying to Stolen Valor your Marine stories.

I have pissed on men three times in my life.

Parris Island at the range while trying to piss between a mans legs while he was making GBS threads and three other recruits tried to hit the funnel urinal as I assume multiple DI's rocked the porta-shitter.

Parris Island again as I awoke from my top rack and had my dick out before hitting the floor. As I rushed towards the piss troughs I let out an ungodly fire hose stream right across the foot of a bleary eyed buck toothed shower shoe shod motherfucker who simply looked down and said "What the gently caress, man?" in the most defeated way possible.

Camp Lejeune, off base, my buddy passed out in front of the only toilet. When I awoke I thought I'd done a fantastic job exercising courtesy in not waking him up and at the same time aiming diligently. The flip-phone camera footage proved otherwise in addition to my boy asking if there were any cats in the house because all he could smell on the air mattress was piss. When I saw the Wolf of Wall Street Lambo scene I laughed inordinately.

These vignettes are profound metaphors for not joining or respecting the military. It'd behoove you to promulgate them, what do I know and who needs to know it?

For all the Army's faults, I don't think you can blame it for either urinary incontinence or a sociopathic disregard for what/whom you piss on.

also what the gently caress

Miloshe posted:

The flip-phone camera footage proved otherwise

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 8, 2016

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
gonna go ahead and post a controversial opinion, I hope I am not labeled a troll and banned....but

the army loving sucks

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Soulex posted:

So, I just got a QTC appointment despite being past the medboard process and waiting for ratings. Anyone know what the gently caress?

Does the VA automatically accept Army (or other service) medboard ratings? I'd be surprised if that's the case, you'd expect the VA to do their own assessment.

Or if they do it's a fuckup. I got two different QTC appointments two months apart. There was also some some crap I didn't understand about how it happens through two different programs. I'd just go, explain what your situation is, and see if they can figure it out from there.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Mine was done entirely through VA. They had cut out a lot of redundancies I thought in recent years.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
So with the new process (last like 5 years or so) the VA determines the ratings for the Army and your VA disability. The Army only gets to say whether you stay in or get out, they no longer have any say whatsoever in your rating or whether or not you are retired.

After the PEB decides that you are no longer fit for duty the VA has to give you a rating and they usually schedule a QTC appointment with some contracted doctor's office to determine how hosed up you are. The doctor will fill out a form provided by the VA called a Disability Benefit Questionnaire, or DBQ, which then gets sent to the VA. They then compare the DBQ to the VA Schedule for Rating Disabilities (VASRD) to find your condition, or the closest analogous condition, and how bad it affects you to determine your ratings. Those ratings are sent back to the PEB and you have one opportunity to appeal it before are separated. The Army will take the ratings for all of the conditions that the PEB decided made you unfit for duty and that will determine whether you are medically retired or separated with severance.

You can and should take a look at the DBQs here and find the ones that relate to your condition:
http://www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/dbq_ListByDBQFormName.asp

Remember with these QTC appointments, they want to know your limitations on your worst day, not your best. Make sure to tell them how bad and limiting your condition really is when it is at it's worst to make sure that you get rated properly.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Delizin posted:

Remember with these QTC appointments, they want to know your limitations on your worst day, not your best. Make sure to tell them how bad and limiting your condition really is when it is at it's worst to make sure that you get rated properly.

As a guy who helps Soldiers/Marines etc do this stuff, don't be a tough guy over this. BE HONEST ABOUT WHAT PROBLEMS YOU HAVE.

I've recently helped a lot of old codgers who have been disabled for decades and never filed VA disability because they didn't want to seem like weaklings. Only now are they realizing all the EARNED benefits they have been leaving on the table for years.

Stuff like: Free college for your kids, a small/large pile of tax free money every month, pretty decent medical care for your issues, etc, etc.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

gonna go ahead and post a controversial opinion, I hope I am not labeled a troll and banned....but

the army loving sucks

The army loving sucks so bad that it can gently caress up your life when you're a civilian.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

at the date posted:

For all the Army's faults, I don't think you can blame it for either urinary incontinence or a sociopathic disregard for what/whom you piss on.

also what the gently caress

no but he can blame the marine corpse

pretend i posted that pic of the scout snipers pissing on dead muj

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I remember people defending the SS thing it was like uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh what the gently caress is wrong with people in the military

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
oohraggghhuhhh debble doges :911:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I remember people defending the SS thing it was like uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh what the gently caress is wrong with people in the military

Over a decade ago I was in one of those dumb classes where everyone has to stand up and introduce themselves. This 1LT stands up and tells us all he's in the nation of islam and how it showed him the truth about blah blah blah. The dude would opine about evil homosexuals all day every day.

None of the instructors did anything about his daily hate spiel because I guess he was a loud black man that would call them racist. :shrug:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
well, unlike every other decision made by the Army, they sent out surveys about DADT to spouses and poo poo in order to drag their feet as long as possible and hopefully not implement it. Army really is ok with homophobia and poo poo.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I enjoy the part where the Army requires chaplains to make themselves available to soldiers of all faiths, but specifically allows them to be homophobic.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

psydude posted:

I enjoy the part where the Army specifically requires chaplains to make themselves available to soldiers of all faiths, but allows them to refuse to interact with soldiers who are gay.

Chaplain corps needs to be dismantled, or at least severely downsized to only providing religious services on post churches if we must. The fact that they're supposed to be your go to source for any sort of counseling & assigned at a BN level is some loving 1950s poo poo.

that being said, being a chaplain would own if you were ok with limited promotion opportunities.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
also FRG needs to be banned or restructured or something, what a (potentially) terribly abusive and completely missing the point thing that has become

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
oh well who cares gently caress you if you're still in

• Locked thread