Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Any thoughts on a PvE campaign deck using Angel of Foresight? Which character build might that go well with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Any thoughts on a PvE campaign deck using Angel of Foresight? Which character build might that go well with?

You probably want ruby/sapphire for a deck focused on actions, which suggests one of Dwarf, Human, or Necrotic. Of those, Human gets the best rare card access, but Dwarf has the better racial traits (Armor 1 is so good). Wrenlocke, Kindling Skarns, Salt Harpies, Phoenixes, a bunch of Sapphire card selection/cantrips, Burn, Crackling Bolt, Heat Wave, Time Ripple, etc.

Unfortunately the best champion by far for an Angel of Foresight deck is Winter Moon and there's nothing even close to her charge power available to a campaign deck.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

In true Hex fashion, the 100k Invitational stream started late, was delayed with a 20 minute countdown timer on screen, then when the timer finally hit 0 it started counting up again.

EDIT: Stream spoiler: New champion, Uzzu the Bonewalker, 4: Gain a threshold of your choice. 23 health, IIRC.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 5, 2016

God of Evil Cows
Feb 23, 2007

Let this be our final battle!
Link to the 100k stream for anyone interested in watching:

http://www.twitch.tv/hextcg

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Let's go Cyriius! :synpa:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

I'll give Cyriius credit, he's got the only "new" deck at the event. I don't know that it's a very good choice, but I don't know that it isn't, either.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Will any sites be doing write ups of the matches? Only new to Hex and have only played some of the PvE campaign so not the best with following along the stream.

Also you guys are only in Slack right? Don't really want to bother having another chat app for 1 channel up when I got IRC already going.

Edit: Stream lagging a bunch for anyone else?

Vapor Moon fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 5, 2016

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

FillInTheBlank posted:

Edit: Stream lagging a bunch for anyone else?

No lag at all.

I wasn't losing too much sleep over selling all of my Phenteos already, but if Cyriius actually wins this I might.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

More stream spoilers (I may have missed some, I didn't catch the start of the segment). These are from memory so minor details may be off:

Bogberg, the Great Gobbler: 6RRSS, 2/2 Flight. When * enters play, each player discards their hand and draws 7 new cards. * gets +2/+2 for each action drawn this way.

Facetaker: 2BB, 3/1. 3, Void a troop from your crypt: This becomes a copy of that troop and gains "At the end of turn, revert this".

Elder of Visions: 2W, 2/2. Prophecy: When this or another Coyotle enters play under your control, the next troop in your deck gets +1/+1.

Flashpaw Elder: 6SS, 5/5 Quick Flight. Prophecy: When * enters play under your control, the next non-quick troop in your deck gets quick.

Danse Macabre: 5DDD, Basic Action. Transform all troops in your crypt into Phantoms and put them into play under your control.

Twin Eternities: 9, Basic Action. Create an Eternal Mender and put it into play. Create an Eternal Scholar and put it into play.

Eternal Mender: ?, 6/6. ?Gains you life when it hits an opponent? EDIT3: According to the official forums, doubles your life total when it hits an opponent.

Eternal Scholar: ?, 6/6. ?Draws you cards when it hits an opponent? EDIT3: According to the official forums, draws cards = cards in your hand when it hits an opponent.

EDIT: An additional note: the Set 4 Gauntlet matches which are playable at the Invitational are Wild West format -- that is, PvP with PvE equipment. Maybe we'll see official support for that in the Set 4 patch?

EDIT2: Additional spoilers:

Zakiir's Frenzy (R)
5R
Constant
At the start of your turn, create a random action
that you meet the threshold requirements to
play and put it in your hand.

Chomposaur
5WW
Troop - Dinosaur
Crush
When this enters play... [destroy target opposing?]
artifact or constant... [You gain life equal to the?]
destroyed card's cost.
4/4

Blood Mist (C)
1B
Quick Action
Target troop you control gets +1/+1 this turn.
Deal 1 damage to each opposing champion.

Skarn Breath (C)
XRR
Basic Action
Deal X damage to target troop.

Poet of Gla'aki (L)
7SSS
Troop - Chaostouched Unique
Unblockable
When a Chaostouched deals damage to an opposing
champion, bury the top card of that champion's deck.
When a card is buried from an opposing champion's
deck, put that card into your hand.
2/8

EDIT3:

Artisanal Cheesesmythe
3WW
2/3 Elf
Lethal
~At the start of your turn, create a random cheese and put it in your hand.
~When this deals damage to an opponent, cheeses in your hand get cost -1.

3 cheeses; a 4? cost constant which gives you 1 life per turn, a 6? cost action that puts a card in a crypt into your hand, and a 10? cost troop which is a 7/4 or 7/5 steadfast crush.

Equipment spoilers: Voice of Ashwood has a head? which gives it speed. Twin Eternities had an equipment to give both the Mender and Scholar speed. Titan of Voktor has a chest? which reduces its cost by 2 whenever you play a Ragefire.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 6, 2016

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Cyriius's Terrorantula mill combo/control deck was the only 4-0 deck in day 1, so expect to see Phenteo and Azurefate Sorceress spike in price.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
So what do I do with the "Code: 2016 Invitational Login". Is it supposed to be in my stash?

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

eatenmyeyes posted:

So what do I do with the "Code: 2016 Invitational Login". Is it supposed to be in my stash?

Go into the card manager and hit "Select Sleeves" in the little gear dropdown menu on the left. Your invitational sleeves should be there.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Thoom posted:

Go into the card manager and hit "Select Sleeves" in the little gear dropdown menu on the left. Your invitational sleeves should be there.

Ah, I thought it was two separate things. Thanks!

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

One of the trailers revealed Uzzu, a neutral champ With I think 23 health, 4 charges gain a threshold of your choice.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Some more notable cards that are getting talked about from those at the event:

Justicar of Aryndel (R)
3WWW
Troop - Elf Ranger
Empower
This can't be interrupted.
4/4

Bloombringer (L)
6WWW
Troop - Plant
Steadfast
BASIC WWW, While this is in your hand: Put six troops from your crypt into your deck -> Play this for free.
Other Plants you control have +2/+2 and Steadfast.
6/6

Lazgar Chul (R)
5RB
Troop - Vennen Warrior Unique (RB Vennen? Can only relay what I'm told!)
Speed
When Lazgar Chul enters play, each opposing troop gets "When this blocks, it gets -5/-5" this turn.
5/5

Lightning Skyhunter (R)
4DS
Troop - Quick Coyotle Warrior
Flight
When this enters play, troops with Flight you control get Invincible this turn.
Ready each troop with Flight you control.
3/4

Orchi-noko (R)
3DW
Troop - Spirit
This has +1/+1 for each health you gained this turn.
3/3

Primordial Caves (R)
3W
Constant
When a troop enters your, secretly add roar counters to this equal to that card's cost. If there are 10 or more, remove them all, and create a random Dinosaur and put it into play.

(I assume above one refers to deck)

Rotten Rancor (R)
5WB
Basic Action
Put target troop from your crypt into play.
That troop battles target opposing troop.

Shin'gami (L)
5BBB
Troop - Shin'hare Horror
Crush
When this deals damage to an opposing champion, you may void all troops you control. If you do, put all troops from your crypt into play.
If this would enter your crypt, void it instead.
5/4

William Rowan (L)
2DD
Troop - Human Warrior Unique
When William Rowan enters play, create Rowan and put him into your deck.
When William Rowan attacks, move each Rowan in your deck up five places. If the top card of your deck is a Rowan, put him into play.
3/2
Rowan - 5/5 Great Wolf, Steadfast & Swiftstrike, William Rowan gains Swiftstrike and double damage.

And some partials:

Blood action - 1 cost for -3/-3, have to void a troop from your crypt too.
Blood basic action - Grants the thresholds of target troop and destroys it.
Blood quick action - If opponent suffered damage this turn, they must sacrifice a troop.
High ??? - 4DD Necrotic with 4 powers but only 0/1 stats.
Flight troop that has +2 attack if gain health that turn.
Troops that gained Flight or Swiftstrike for turn when gain health.
Shard which grants no threshold but grants an extra [1/1] for each copy played previously.
Spiders (some with sockets), that add eggs when they deal damage.
Vennen 2/1 Flight troop that mills both players for 3 when played.
Wild Buffalo - 2/3 for 2.

Rotten Rancor appeals to me, as does the vennen self mill, and all 3 blood actions that are partial seem pretty sweet too.

Power level seems high on this set

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

LightReaper posted:

Lazgar Chul (R)
5RB
Troop - Vennen Warrior Unique (RB Vennen? Can only relay what I'm told!)
Speed
When Lazgar Chul enters play, each opposing troop gets "When this blocks, it gets -5/-5" this turn.
5/5

The flavor text makes sense of it. Something along the lines of "Mother, I'm coming for you."
Lazgar Chul is a traitor who has abandoned the vennen to ally with the orcs.

I'll get a picture today.

quote:

Blood basic action - Grants the thresholds of target troop and destroys it.

Worth noting that this is 3 cost, single threshold, and uncommon. It's really, really strong.

quote:

Vennen 2/1 Flight troop that mills both players for 3 when played.

This is actually a 1/2 chaostouched, related to Bokrug.

Also, there's an uncommon shard that grants 1/1 and a charge (but no threshold), but you can pay 3 and discard it to gain any threshold and draw a card.

Thoom fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 6, 2016

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Thoom posted:

Worth noting that this is 3 cost, single threshold, and uncommon. It's really, really strong.

So it's basically Super Kill.

That... is a thing.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

BenRGamer posted:

So it's basically Super Kill.

That... is a thing.
Basic speed is significant, but holy cow does it hit artifacts? I would love that card just for fixing purposes.

Thoom posted:

Also, there's an uncommon shard that grants 1/1 and a charge (but no threshold), but you can pay 3 and discard it to gain any threshold and draw a card.
Pay 3 resources or health? Either way I like the design of that card for it's ability to fix and also avoid flood. Is it basic speed?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
So for those of us not watching the tournament stream, what's the word? Which decks got brought ?

edit: nevermind, saw the articles on fiveshards

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

LightReaper posted:

Basic speed is significant, but holy cow does it hit artifacts? I would love that card just for fixing purposes.

It does hit artifacts.

quote:

Pay 3 resources or health? Either way I like the design of that card for it's ability to fix and also avoid flood. Is it basic speed?
Resources, and it's quick speed.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Is the slack info in OP outdated, or is slack channel dead?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Dackel posted:

It's quiet in there but we're in it.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Dackel posted:

Nope, we're here

https://goonfeet.slack.com/messages/hextcg_steaks_of_fate/

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Man, nobody is drafting spiders at the Invitational which I approve on one hand but jebus there is a stupid good spider deck wheeling all the way around the table.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Zurai posted:

Man, nobody is drafting spiders at the Invitational which I approve on one hand but jebus there is a stupid good spider deck wheeling all the way around the table.
Yup, thunderfield elder, psychic torment, multiple infiltrators, a cyclone shaman, throwbacks for days, the silk resource.

He's forcing R/D after getting a third pick Pyresoul and is being too stubborn, IMO. I could see the spider drafter killing this draft

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Yeah I don't have PMs and I email'd for access yesterday

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Dackel posted:

I'm trying to get something sorted for you, hang on. I don't have permissions but trying to get someone who can.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I would have forced a B/D sac deck and think I would have had a better deck than this... but yea he passed a nuts spider deck.

Edit: After seeing pack 3, the sac deck would have been amazing as well.

2 Abom
2 Lackey
2-3 Spiritbound Spy
Several Etheral Callers
2 of the 2/2 Swiftstrike sac guy
1 Warlock

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 6, 2016

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

This guy has passed multiple Ethereal Callers with a R/D deck which is dumb, dumb, dumb.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Dackel posted:

sorry my email monitoring is bad. anyways, sent!

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Blazing Zero posted:

sorry my email monitoring is bad. anyways, sent!

sweet thanks!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Man, ValueCity bragged hard about his drafting skills in the pre-draft segment and I am not impressed. Especially ironic is that he claimed one of his greatest strengths was remaining open.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Zurai posted:

Man, ValueCity bragged hard about his drafting skills in the pre-draft segment and I am not impressed. Especially ironic is that he claimed one of his greatest strengths was remaining open.
Hahahaha he really said that? That's nuts.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

LightReaper posted:

Hahahaha he really said that? That's nuts.

Yep. He said he calculated that he had one of the highest draft win rates in the entire player base, and that he felt his greatest strength was his ability to stay open. Coulda fooled me based on that draft. We'll see, of course, his deck isn't terrible by any means.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
I am really, really bad at drafting these days. Set 1 and 2 I had a decent win rate but ever since Armies of Myth hit things went south for me badly. If it weren't for the free weekly I'd probably have stopped drafting entirely.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

katkillad2 posted:

I would have forced a B/D sac deck and think I would have had a better deck than this... but yea he passed a nuts spider deck.

Edit: After seeing pack 3, the sac deck would have been amazing as well.

2 Abom
2 Lackey
2-3 Spiritbound Spy
Several Etheral Callers
2 of the 2/2 Swiftstrike sac guy
1 Warlock
Looks like mastermattchu was passing to him and he's building B/D sac.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

I do not like hatedrafting the 2/2 shift flier over picking Cry of Adamanth in a B/D deck with a lot of spirits. You don't want multiple Cries but they're a really, really good finisher in the deck. EDIT: I do like Mastermattchu's deck way more than Valuecity's, though.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Jj got the spider deck with 3 torments and 2 eremites, crushed mastermattchu round 1. Easily see him going 3-0

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Well the self proclaimed best Hex drafter ever made the biggest punt ever not putting that 2nd Flamehand Invoker buff on the Soloist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

You need to hang in the slack more katkillad, we all lost our minds at that punt. Value city deserved that for being smug.

• Locked thread