Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Sea Gate Wreckage seems pretty great in the Lantern deck. It helps tighten the lock faster and when you have Lantern out there's no danger of getting cards stuck in your hand.

e: to be clear actual serious player PVDDR is on it at 9-2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I love the top 8 of GP Melbourne. 3 WU Eldrazi, 3 Living End, Dredge(!), Azban Company.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

No affinity is surprising. Also modern dredge!

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

GoutPatrol posted:

I love the top 8 of GP Melbourne. 3 WU Eldrazi, 3 Living End, Dredge(!), Azban Company.

I'm glad I got my Living End cards a month ago! I'll never understand why more people haven't been playing it; it wrecks Eldrazi pretty handily.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Gridlocked posted:

OH MAN SHE FLIPS

ITS LIKE HAVING BOTH AKROMAS ON ONE CARD

I like how she literally flips out and starts killing stuff.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

newtestleper posted:

Did we think Tamiyo was dead?

Her one card was good and fun mechanically, and they have given us basically nothing to go on story-wise about her, so we can just imagine she's cool.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I still can't figure out why Avacyn needed Flash

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

GeneX posted:

I still can't figure out why Avacyn needed Flash

she comes in to save the day by giving everything indestructible

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Alaan posted:

Hadn't seen Acacynian Missionaries / Lunarch Inquisitors yet

That Shard of Broken Glass art is loving sweet.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Yeah it's a complete mystery to me why goons would relate to a character who wears white socks with sandals in public.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

suicidesteve posted:

I'm glad I got my Living End cards a month ago! I'll never understand why more people haven't been playing it; it wrecks Eldrazi pretty handily.

Fulminator Mage is expensive, the deck is not fun.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
11-0 all fiol jund deck on camera right now. Featured maindeck damnation and goblin dark dwellers. The 3 for 1 kcommand was a pretty sweet play.

All in all, this deck may be over 10k in cardboard.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Please note every fetch and shock were expeditions as well, and every basic a foil full-art.

edit: watching now almost all expeditions.

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 6, 2016

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

GoutPatrol posted:

Please note every fetch and shock were expeditions as well, and every basic a foil full-art.

edit: watching now almost all expeditions.

Those are the Terese Nielson judge foil basics.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Sickening posted:

11-0 all fiol jund deck on camera right now. Featured maindeck damnation and goblin dark dwellers. The 3 for 1 kcommand was a pretty sweet play.

I love it. The fact that he's doing so well and he's got a Scrooge McDuck level deck makes me happy.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Greatness at any cost.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

This is actually a fun match, something I don't like to say with Jund. But he plays the right way (i.e, of course I will play Bob at 5 life.)

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
https://twitter.com/SaffronOlive/status/706514301360574464

Seems like a good value.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

jassi007 posted:

I love it. The fact that he's doing so well and he's got a Scrooge McDuck level deck makes me happy.

God drat that's some shiny. Puts my Jund deck to shame.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
"Mythics won't just be a list of the best cards in Standard; they should depict powerful story moments"

"We should push our story-relevant characters to meet player expectation"

Result: Mythics are a list of the best cards in Standard

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

Count Bleck posted:

To be fair, they are also doing their own thing now.

And to continue being fair, and cheesy as it is, Planeswalkers Justice League is the best thing they've done with them.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I take everything back, this game 3 is boring and sloggy.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

GoutPatrol posted:

I take everything back, this game 3 is boring and sloggy.

Neither player drew well. Shame really.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Sickening posted:

Where is this?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Sea Gate Wreckage seems pretty great in the Lantern deck. It helps tighten the lock faster and when you have Lantern out there's no danger of getting cards stuck in your hand.

e: to be clear actual serious player PVDDR is on it at 9-2

Ha ha ha.

Good. Good yes.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
This is from a few pages back, but

cheetah7071 posted:

A player from 1993 wouldn't know Avacyn is strictly better than Serra Angel because vigilance wasn't keyworded back then.

I have fallen in love with this post, and I don't care who knows it.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

Where is this?

http://www.twitch.tv/magic match is over though.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sickening posted:

Neither player drew well. Shame really.

*Casts 5 Collected Companies while opponent drew 3 spells all game* *Didn't draw well*

Checks out.

rabidsquid posted:

Fulminator Mage is expensive, the deck is not fun.

Have you played it? I don't like combo at all and I actually have a pretty good time with it. There's a surprising amount of play to the deck and learning how to play around things is really important. Fulminator is expensive sure but it's the only card in the deck that is, outside of fetches which you almost certainly have if you're playing modern.

End of Life Guy posted:

I have fallen in love with this post, and I don't care who knows it.

Serra Angel doesn't get Karakased or die to Hero's Demise. Not strictly better. :colbert:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

suicidesteve posted:

*Casts 5 Collected Companies while opponent drew 3 spells all game* *Didn't draw well*

Checks out.

Consider that the best plays he could do with collected company mostly were collected company into dead eternal witnesses, bringing back collected company does indeed check out.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

"Booster three pack"? What the heck is that product supposed to be? The point of boosters is that you don't know what's in them :psyduck:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

C-Euro posted:

"Booster three pack"? What the heck is that product supposed to be? The point of boosters is that you don't know what's in them :psyduck:

It's old unsellable boosters like Theros and M15, with a random promotional foil in front. The people putting in the promotional foils don't care about secondary market value, so sometimes you get a treasure like that.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

http://tabakrules.tumblr.com/post/140552119424/archangel-avacyn-under-the-current-rules-creates

Looks like we're getting some kind of rules update to Transform. Otherwise getting to smack your opponent for 3 multiple times could be an issue.

Chamale posted:

It's old unsellable boosters like Theros and M15, with a random promotional foil in front. The people putting in the promotional foils don't care about secondary market value, so sometimes you get a treasure like that.
Or in this case a card that has not even been officially announced.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Where do I get a promo Azusa??

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

C-Euro posted:

It's a 3-pack of random (usually Standard Legal) boosters that were lying around and re-packed. I think they usually cost $12-15.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sickening posted:

Consider that the best plays he could do with collected company mostly were collected company into dead eternal witnesses, bringing back collected company does indeed check out.

Having your cards negated by your opponent's does not make your draw bad.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

suicidesteve posted:

Having your cards negated by your opponent's does not make your draw bad.

He filtered more than half his deck and barely found 2 of the 12 creatures that we're live. I would consider that not drawing very well.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Checked my Wal-Mart and Target but no dice.

How badly will this tank the current price?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

80s James Hetfield posted:

I assume it's a judge promo so not at all.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

80s James Hetfield posted:

Probably extremely little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

http://tabakrules.tumblr.com/post/140552119424/archangel-avacyn-under-the-current-rules-creates

Looks like we're getting some kind of rules update to Transform. Otherwise getting to smack your opponent for 3 multiple times could be an issue.
Or in this case a card that has not even been officially announced.
Really doubtful. That would involve multiple upkeeps to flip her and hit for 3 which would also involve multiple playing for creatures that can sac themselves.

• Locked thread