Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Star Citizen will be so loving IMMERSIVE it will ram its ovipositor down your throat and lay its IMMERSIONS in your chest cavity!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I think we all need to buy No Mans Sky because the comedy naming potential of finding planets full of giant whales ruled over by Robot Overlords is too good to miss.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'm the future space-chinese take-out foodstuffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFc-RyppkIk

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Applebee123 posted:

One thing I dont get about the graphical/network load problems, couldn't they just limit the game to a 4v4 deathmatch style game, and put large battles as a longer term goal, when computer specs have increased and are capable of handling more stuff?

I think they did that with Arena Commander, the first standalone module (?) they released where you could actually do something. What we're looking at now is supposed to be dev builds of what will become the large battle place, however it is rapidly becoming clear that they've coded themselves into a corner and are having some real trouble putting out a quality product.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
In honor of Nancy Reagon (finally) dying, here's an old classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhEJ8gm8aL4

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

I wonder how many months it took to model 'Outlaw Codpiece #3"

Is this a reference to some comic? I swear I saw this scene already somewhere.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Applebee123 posted:

One thing I dont get about the graphical/network load problems, couldn't they just limit the game to a 4v4 deathmatch style game, and put large battles as a longer term goal, when computer specs have increased and are capable of handling more stuff?

That would never be worthy of the BDSSE. We are talking hundreds upon hundreds or thusands upon thousands of immersive and massive battles, anything less would be tantamount to a crappy netcode and admitting failure.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Applebee123 posted:

longer term goal

Lol.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

star citizen is the Ronald Reagan of video games

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Daztek posted:

There's always more and it's always ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3D3gJ4ubEA

Amazing. I need some :catdrugs: for maximum immersion. Love :gary: paaaaarping out some beats

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Ostentatious posted:

The best ever, only disliked by gays and communists?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

The best ever, only disliked by gays and communists?

Not all there after the first four years

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Ostentatious posted:

A washed out actor?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

BeefThief posted:

:golfclap:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

BeefThief posted:

Lol

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Star Citizen will be so loving IMMERSIVE it will ram its ovipositor down your throat and lay its IMMERSIONS in your chest cavity!

So I googled "ovipositor", and that led me to a vice article on the Splorch. :aaaaa: Google at your own peril

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

ewe2 posted:

The chipmunking was apparently a thing in the UK Beat scene to avoid lawsuits for sampling, or so I've been told so it's a nod to that. Good parody is hard, too direct and there's no life in it. If I did that other Melanie song I'd be tempted to do it a la Leonard Cohen death dirge and the Heebeegeebees already made that joke!

Do Leonard Cohen, since I can't find whatever joke you're talking about. Tbh, I know nothing of techno, the only uk dj I know is mr scruff :sax:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

BeefThief posted:

Well played.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Plural Abysss posted:

So I googled "ovipositor", and that led me to a vice article on the Splorch. :aaaaa: Google at your own peril

I hate you

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ostentatious posted:

The Hugo Chavez of video games: all the money, apparently good intentions, a wreck of a result.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Plural Abysss posted:

Never thought I'd see something worse than your bog standard animal dick dildos. The internet never stops innovating though

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Ahahah, 'No Man's Sky', a game developed by a studio like 1/10 the size of CIG and long thought to be vaporware will fully release before any part of Star Citizen. Holy gently caress, how do they think there will be ANY market for SQ42 if it doesn't release this year?

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

BeefThief posted:

:tipshat:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Dapper Dan posted:

Ahahah, 'No Man's Sky', a game developed by a studio like 1/10 the size of CIG and long thought to be vaporware will fully release before any part of Star Citizen. Holy gently caress, how do they think there will be ANY market for SQ42 if it doesn't release this year?

Predicting when SC fails shitizens will be like "bbbbbut Chris saved space games so my $30K was well spent :smithicide:"

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Plural Abysss posted:

That's the second time i've seen that article.
Both were unnecessary.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Star Citizen is the Soviet Union in this space race

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Daztek posted:

Star Citizen is the Soviet Union in this space race

They're vaporizing dogs?

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I DON"T GET ANY OF THESE METAPHORS

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Well No Mans Sky is a dumb cartoony minecraft game for babies and Derek Smart fans obviously, unlike the stunning fidelitous greyscale universe of Star Citizen, where the immersion triples every second.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Applebee123 posted:

Yeah, they tried that. It was called Arena Commander, and they released it in June of 2014 after a six month delay.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
The worst kind of immersion

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

MilesK posted:

Do Leonard Cohen, since I can't find whatever joke you're talking about. Tbh, I know nothing of techno, the only uk dj I know is mr scruff :sax:

It's very short here in the middle of a bunch of impressions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByAnJw6xpew&t=200s

You can see why I wouldn't want to do a whole song of that.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

The Hugo Chavez of video games: all the money, apparently good intentions, a wreck of a result.

The Pablo Escobar of video games: all the money, all the cocaine.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I heard there was a secret goal

That whales paid and it pleased the chris

But you don't really care for immersion do you

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

That's what happens when you keep ganking stuff from other games (Elite Dangerous, Line Of Defense) and thinking it's a good idea to shove it into your half-arsed tech demo.

lmbo

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.

Skellybones posted:

Well No Mans Sky is a dumb cartoony minecraft game for babies and Derek Smart fans obviously, unlike the stunning fidelitous greyscale universe of Star Citizen, where the immersion triples every second.

Also No Man's Sky doesn't have LOCAL PHYSICS GRIDS

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Haskell9 posted:

When you get to the center of the universe there's just this big sign that says DRINK YOUR OVALTINE

Use spoiler tags plz.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Guys, Star Citizen is only maxing out a single core out of their 32 processor server. That means we'll have 192 player zones. You just need to get a better graphics card. It's next gen, you aren't supposed to run it on last-gen or current-gen hardware.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

I heard there was a secret goal

That whales paid and it pleased the chris

But you don't really care for immersion do you

And it goes like this, in just two weeks

The minor bug, and the major glitch

The baffled cig designing paarpelujah

paarpelujah
paarpelujah
paarpelujah