Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Lizard Wizard posted:

wow that dour anime sure is petting a cat

yeah, it's cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Bravely Second remains a cool and good game

I'm glad the Long Live the Queen lady was able to find better artists as time went on.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

He taught me the sword

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finished Dying Light, it was great up until the last ten minutes, what is it with games having to end on a lovely QTE? Is it a Warner Bros thing?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Yes sir.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

w-wait a minute here...

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

Finished Dying Light, it was great up until the last ten minutes, what is it with games having to end on a lovely QTE? Is it a Warner Bros thing?
It's a Western AAA thing, you'd be hard pressed to find modern Western AAA games that don't end in a QTE final boss fight.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PhysicalFrayedHorsefly-mobile.mp4

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/IndolentMadAss-mobile.mp4

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What videogame that I haven't played is that a reference to?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

What videogame that I haven't played is that a reference to?

Bravely Default

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Okay thanks

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

What game is this? It looks wonderful.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
hamtaro depressed because he had to kill boss to stop metal gear

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

corn in the bible posted:

Hamtaro I'm here for you

open your heart to me

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Hamtaro I'm here for you

open your heart to me

He's been Ham-Ham Heartbroken too many times.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Sleeveless posted:

I'm glad the Long Live the Queen lady was able to find better artists as time went on.

This game is really bad I played all of it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

jack kills the boss to appease the russians after she fired a nuke at a russian research facility jeez

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

oddium posted:

jack kills the boss to appease the russians after she fired a nuke at a russian research facility jeez

she didnt fire it volgin did god

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
stardew valley is pretty great. nice to have a laidback game again, where I don't feel like I need to constantly be working towards anything in specific or else the world will end. it's incredibly chill and it works. :unsmith:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Resident Evil Zero is surprisingly tough, I actually get killed by enemies, whereas in REmake I can easily run around 'em. Mostly 'cause there's way more enemies per room, like bigger groups of zombers.

Also there is a slimy leech monster and I thought that I could kill it with fire but I guess it can't be killed!!!! Silly me.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

absolutely anything posted:

she didnt fire it volgin did god

the russians didn't know that !! also she nukes groznyj grad but that's after

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

oddium posted:

the hamha walker

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Resident Evil Zero is surprisingly tough, I actually get killed by enemies, whereas in REmake I can easily run around 'em. Mostly 'cause there's way more enemies per room, like bigger groups of zombers.

Also there is a slimy leech monster and I thought that I could kill it with fire but I guess it can't be killed!!!! Silly me.

The new control scheme for REmake fucks its difficulty hard, it sucks.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Lady Naga posted:

This game is really bad I played all of it.

I love Long Live The Queen and Magical Diary feels very much like a freshman effort. I'm glad it happened so they were able to shake out all their more cringeworthy fanfiction-level stuff before making LLtQ.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Grimace posted:

stardew valley is pretty great. nice to have a laidback game again, where I don't feel like I need to constantly be working towards anything in specific or else the world will end. it's incredibly chill and it works. :unsmith:

i don't really like how you can only talk to people once a day, it's kind of offputting when i walk into the bar and half the dudes there won't say anything

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lady Naga posted:

The new control scheme for REmake fucks its difficulty hard, it sucks.

I agree, but I do really like that style of control for RE and hope that they build a new RE game in teh style of the classic series, but built and balanced around movement that fluid and smooth. It'd be a smash hit.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ham has come to

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lol
https://twitter.com/DualShockers/status/706279519150338048

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Did they ever fix it for the PS4 or is it still broken?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I haven't tried it again but reports say they patched out the horrible crash bugs at least.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Boy, the moment I get my sixth party member in Pillars of Eternity is always the moment I lose interest in the game. I hate micromanagement. I'm going to set the game to Easy and just let the AI fight, I think.

I hope Obsidian can forgive me

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Jay Rust posted:

Boy, the moment I get my sixth party member in Pillars of Eternity is always the moment I lose interest in the game. I hate micromanagement. I'm going to set the game to Easy and just let the AI fight, I think.

I played through the whole main campaign on Easy when it first launched and then when the expansion fully came out I played through that on the Casual difficulty added.

I've never been a fan of traditional WPRG combat, but I enjoy their writing and roleplaying, so I'm glad Obsidian accommodated everyone.

My take has always been that JRPGs tend to have better combat while WRPGs have better roleplaying and writing.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

ham has come to

lol

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sakurazuka posted:

I honestly think it's because they cared more about their bad story than their rad gameplay.

Jay Rust posted:

I've been looking for an easy way to turn damage off in Planescape: torment. I don't know if I built my party wrong or if I just am not pausing to spam spells and items enough, but it's a loving chore to keep these fuckers alive. The combat in this game is so horrid, it drags down what would otherwise be perhaps the best CRPG I've played.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 7, 2016

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I actually really like the combat mechanics of Pillars of Eternity, they're very well-considered, I just have trouble managing the amount of verbs you get when you have a full party. It's the same reason I can't play Starcraft 2 multiplayer.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Lurdiak posted:

I've been looking for an easy way to turn damage off in Planescape: torment. I don't know if I built my party wrong or if I just am not pausing to spam spells and items enough, but it's a loving chore to keep these fuckers alive. The combat in this game is so horrid, it drags down what would otherwise be perhaps the best CRPG I've played.
Just play on Easy or put in the cheats. Also you gotta roll Mage if you want to get the most of the story. (Which you want to do.)

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Lurdiak posted:

I honestly think it's because they cared more about their bad story than their rad gameplay.

Cheat Engine is perfect for this. Just search for HP at All Values a few times and then lock it at full health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Pay people to do a job for you, assholes.

• Locked thread