Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

Internet research assures me she says shigekiteki na live ni shichatteko! V!

Yeah, I only became aware Perfect Combo even existed when I accidentally started on Debut one time. Now I've managed to get one on Pro I can get back to not caring if I miss a few notes.

you get star jewels for FCing pro and master songs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

you get star jewels for FCing pro and master songs

Yeah, I mean in Grooves, not for normally.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

dudermcbrohan posted:

I think it might have something to do with Araki Hina.

Does she have her hair done like that somewhere, though? Sonata Mused suggested Chieri and she is the only one I can think of with hair like that, though she doesn't really seem the type to be emitting a emotional star, so hmm.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Polsy posted:

what does that translate to

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Skwee posted:

She's going to...something with an exciting live. I don't know what to make of the other half of that, because I'm bad at grammar, especially when people are using slang, which she most likely is.

Quite possibly nothing more complex than she's gonna go have an exciting live or something, though.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Polsy posted:

Yeah, I only became aware Perfect Combo even existed when I accidentally started on Debut one time. Now I've managed to get one on Pro I can get back to not caring if I miss a few notes.

I'm quite pleased if I manage a C on the grooves, even on the rare occasion I get three songs I might be able to FC :v:

Skwee posted:

Let's have a wicked pisser and burn down your barn.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Zenostein posted:

I'm quite pleased if I manage a C on the grooves, even on the rare occasion I get three songs I might be able to FC :v:

Let's have a wicked pisser and burn down your barn.

Anime Rhythm Game Central: let's have a wicked pisser and burn down your barn

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think I might get up to 15,000 points in SS but there is no way I'm going to try to tier within 100k. Not when I need to SIF.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I think I might get up to 15,000 points in SS but there is no way I'm going to try to tier within 100k. Not when I need to SIF.

I burned my chances of that, attempting a few too many master runs and failing.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I managed to get up to 13k to get the idolization item in the unlikely event I get a Blue SSR down the line. So I might as well go to 15k and get an extra copy of the SR.

Not interested enough in Mini Rin to play for her.

Much thanks to my friend, the parsley.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Speaking of barns, maybe take me out back of one and shoot me.

I didn't mean to. But I mean I was so close to 50 and now somehow I'm here? :v I guess the dropoff point changed to 15k?

But it's fine, Arisu is okay. I can emphasize with the whole "ugh, my name sucks" bit.

e. ^^^ That is some mighty powerful Eli.
Son of e.: Wait what the hell? Are you a witch? Is it witchcraft?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zenostein posted:

Speaking of barns, maybe take me out back of one and shoot me.

I didn't mean to. But I mean I was so close to 50 and now somehow I'm here? :v I guess the dropoff point changed to 15k?

But it's fine, Arisu is okay. I can emphasize with the whole "ugh, my name sucks" bit.

e. ^^^ That is some mighty powerful Eli.

Well, the dropoff point will probably rise in the last day as people get their game on.

Eli????

Much thanks to my friend, the parsley.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Your magical signature.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idols are the true magic.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
got to the 2nd miyo on the score rewards. so 15k. now somehow get to 19.2k in 33 hours. Not seein that happening

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have excess 10 Stamina potions so I can't even collect them and they just sit there in my Present Box.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
i have a a few stamina drinks, but idk if i want to use them on tachibana

also wild stars on hard is messing me up. It's the part right at the beginning that I keep getting goods in. Guess I better watch a video to sear the rhythm into my brain.

e: there we go. got fc.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 7, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Skwee posted:

i have a a few stamina drinks, but idk if i want to use them on tachibana

also wild stars on hard is messing me up. It's the part right at the beginning that I keep getting goods in. Guess I better watch a video to sear the rhythm into my brain.

e: there we go. got fc.

I tend to confuse Wild Stars and Wonderful Rush.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
lol i just brute forced by way through snow halations on expert using a healing team.

got 26 baseballs for 25 stamina, versus 16 balls for 15. seems better to play hard mode. Or maybe i missed some balls because of my expert flailing

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Skwee posted:

lol i just brute forced by way through snow halations on expert using a healing team.

got 26 baseballs for 25 stamina, versus 16 balls for 15. seems better to play hard mode. Or maybe i missed some balls because of my expert flailing

Expert songs have 27 balls, so if you can catch them all, expert songs are the way to go for efficient collecting of tokens.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

Expert songs have 27 balls, so if you can catch them all, expert songs are the way to go for efficient collecting of tokens.

It's like a 1 difference.

75 Energy = 3 Expert of 5 Hard
3 Expert = 81
5 Hard = 80

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a 1.25% gain.

book
Nov 29, 2014
Yeah, I'm about 5k away from predicted 100k border, and I'm not burning stam for Arisu. It's been a good event for master practice at least.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
If you have excess stamina drinks in your present box, you should use them before maintenance because anything sitting in there is going to be gone afterwards I believe.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

book posted:

Yeah, I'm about 5k away from predicted 100k border, and I'm not burning stam for Arisu. It's been a good event for master practice at least.

i'm 4.2k away and i've only been doing pro...

ran into yet another new song i've not heard before. Album art shows mizuki kawashima, so i assume it's angel breeze.

yep, clicked play and the text before the song said angel breeze in english. so I guess i didn't need to assume.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 7, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
FINALLY FC'D ABSOLUTE NINE.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
man angel breeze was a p. boring pro song.

then followed by minami nitta's song, which is really fun.

also hope you dont mind me using your thing polsy

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

FINALLY FC'D ABSOLUTE NINE.

on expert (or master or w/e)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Skwee posted:

on expert (or master or w/e)

On Pro obviously, like I'd ever play Master.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

On Pro obviously, like I'd ever play Master.

idk i assume everyone in here is better than me at the game

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Skwee posted:

Don't assume that of me.

Assume that of everyone but me.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Skwee posted:

Nah I'm mostly trash but I've been playing long enough I can brute force my way through.

Except maybe fcs, because there isn't any skill that makes up for "nope, that note's sailed past" or "no, that hold is no longer being held I guess whatever lol"

But like, surviving poo poo on higher difficulties? Sure.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Don't assume that of me.

Assume that of everyone but me.

cool i am better than somebody

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Zenostein posted:

Nah I'm mostly trash but I've been playing long enough I can brute force my way through.

Except maybe fcs, because there isn't any skill that makes up for "nope, that note's sailed past" or "no, that hold is no longer being held I guess whatever lol"

But like, surviving poo poo on higher difficulties? Sure.

i thought y'all were playing the events on expert

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Skwee posted:

I would, but my passion team doesn't have a healer yet, so every now and then I fail a master song due to loss of life over time using up all my stamina getting nothing and I don't wanna spend gems. I don't want to change the songs since I do like the practice. I actually do want to move onto master songs though, since pro songs are starting to feel a little easy.

book
Nov 29, 2014

Skwee posted:

i'm 4.2k away and i've only been doing pro...

I haven't been that on point with stam usage. Saturday was mostly wasted, and I did fail 1 master run where I said gently caress it and didn't care to make up for it. Turns out that trying to play M@gic right after you wake up isn't a good idea.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

book posted:

I haven't been that on point with stam usage. Saturday was mostly wasted, and I did fail 1 master run where I said gently caress it and didn't care to make up for it. Turns out that trying to play M@gic right after you wake up isn't a good idea.

Sleep deprivation has lost me more stamina than I would have liked, wasting my efforts at trying to be efficient at stamina.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Skwee posted:

Yeah, but part of that is being able to flat out pick a team of random-type healers and still have enough points to manage an S.

More importantly than that, though, is having enough life to make up for the inevitable fuckups. It doesn't really matter if you have three healers if you run out of life before they go off, after all.

I mean, I guess now that you can practice songs, that's probably less of a concern if you're good/memorize things well. But even then, it's still the kind of game where you can FC something and get a C for a score if you don't have the right cards.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Zenostein posted:

Yeah, but part of that is being able to flat out pick a team of random-type healers and still have enough points to manage an S.

More importantly than that, though, is having enough life to make up for the inevitable fuckups. It doesn't really matter if you have three healers if you run out of life before they go off, after all.

I mean, I guess now that you can practice songs, that's probably less of a concern if you're good/memorize things well. But even then, it's still the kind of game where you can FC something and get a C for a score if you don't have the right cards.

i just want a break from events. like a month. That would let me actually have time to figure out harder stuff.

also i totally forgot about practice tickets in SS for like the past week and a half.. gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

book
Nov 29, 2014

Skwee posted:

i just want a break from events. like a month. That would let me actually have time to figure out harder stuff.

also i totally forgot about practice tickets in SS for like the past week and a half.. gently caress

Use the few days you have in between events just to do master songs. Or in the rare occasion where an event doesn't have idols you like, use that for practice. It also helps to watch nico vids of the master chart beforehand so you have an idea of what you're in for.