Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Is the point on the Zhou phono glyph it's own coordinate because Zhou is kind of mobile

You don't chart the locations of the Road Poneglyphs themselves. The Road Poneglyphs are sea charts that indicate the locations that you need to make the X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Kaido is so weird when they introduced him as suicidal, I can't really see him doing Any of the things he's done

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Just as an FYI, it looks like they'll be animating the King Kong gun attack and conclusion to the Luffy vs Doflamingo battle in the anime for next Saturday. It's been a long time coming (I think it was a year ago it premiered in the manga?), I've been looking forward to seeing it in motion! :dance:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Is the OP anime still unwatchable garbage?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Andrast posted:

Is the OP anime still unwatchable garbage?

Yes, but I like checking it every so often to see when my favorite parts are animated.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
It's not so bad... if you skip to the 7 minute mark and double the playback speed.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Some of the older arcs are pretty good in the anime. I enjoyed Water 7, Thriller Bark and Impel Down a lot. It's post time-skip where pacing gets out of control (half a chapter per episode). They also add stuff to increase tension, like showing Hodi Jones landing big hits on Luffy, when really the only damage Hodi did was that bite Luffy took to protect Shirahoshi.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Everything up through water 7 is great in the anime. After that it starts to slow down more and more because the plot doesn't really allow for as much filler. And, presumably, Toei figured out that they don't actually have to make the show any good because the sheer popularity of One Piece will carry it. Even big important moments like the Sugar snipe are ruined by awful timing and quality.

I'm pretty sure that it and Naruto are the only endless shonen anime left, everything else goes season by season now. And Naruto is seemingly trying to stall until the Bort manga starts up.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Half a chapter per episode what the gently caress :psyduck:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Begemot posted:

Everything up through water 7 is great in the anime. After that it starts to slow down more and more because the plot doesn't really allow for as much filler. And, presumably, Toei figured out that they don't actually have to make the show any good because the sheer popularity of One Piece will carry it. Even big important moments like the Sugar snipe are ruined by awful timing and quality.

I'm pretty sure that it and Naruto are the only endless shonen anime left, everything else goes season by season now. And Naruto is seemingly trying to stall until the Bort manga starts up.

Wait, the Naruto anime is still going? What the gently caress?

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Kaido is so weird when they introduced him as suicidal, I can't really see him doing Any of the things he's done

yeah im a bit confused by that as well. everything about him comes off as somewhat depressed and listless, and then everyone else talks about him like he's a horrible monster and he's constantly doing horrible poo poo

im not exactly sure how it lines up

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
He probably gets really pissed off when he tries to kill himself and it doesn't work.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

GonSmithe posted:

He probably gets really pissed off when he tries to kill himself and it doesn't work.

More likely he used to do terrible poo poo, got a crew that loves doing terrible poo poo, got tired of said terrible poo poo, told said crew to do whatever until they meet someone who might be strong enough to maybe kill him.

Meanwhile he repeatedly faceplants from orbit.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Rohan Kishibe posted:

The producers know how completely stupid the ending was, so they've thrown the anime back into filler hell to put it off as long as possible. I think they're re-telling Itachi's backstory for like the fifth time at the moment.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Rohan Kishibe posted:

They haven't even introduced Kaguya yet, nor will they until the new manga has started and they have a gameplan for ending Shippuden and transitioning into Bort & Pals, at a guess. There is filler upon filler to go.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

dordreff posted:

The producers know how completely stupid the ending was, so they've thrown the anime back into filler hell to put it off as long as possible. I think they're re-telling Itachi's backstory for like the fifth time at the moment.

Did they go into filler in the middle of the arc?

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Andrast posted:

Remember that chapter that showed everyone in the Infinite Tsukiyomi and their dream worlds, but they were just ndividual panels? Haha, well

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

dordreff posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the reason Kaido took over Wano is to find someone who can read his Road Poneglyph

The return of Fake Hates Robin is assured, then.

Andrast posted:

Bleach taught them many things. Many horrible things.

Also I still think Burrito should be the preferred romanization. Burrito and Salad gonna save the day.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

Rigged Death Trap posted:

More likely he used to do terrible poo poo, got a crew that loves doing terrible poo poo, got tired of said terrible poo poo, told said crew to do whatever until they meet someone who might be strong enough to maybe kill him.

Meanwhile he repeatedly faceplants from orbit.

Kaido is trying to instigate the war to end all wars in the hopes that something there will kill him. He probably thinks there's a superweapon at Raftel, which is his only motivation to even try to get the ponyglyphs/Wanonians.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Ryaomon posted:

Remember that chapter that showed everyone in the Infinite Tsukiyomi and their dream worlds, but they were just ndividual panels? Haha, well

This. They are grandmaster filler-fu practitioners.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I never took it at face value as the guy being suicidal. I always just saw it as him doing it "for fun", getting a thrill from it, because he knows it won't actually kill him.
Otherwise he could easily just drown himself :shrug:

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Julias posted:

I never took it at face value as the guy being suicidal. I always just saw it as him doing it "for fun", getting a thrill from it, because he knows it won't actually kill him.

I saw it as being that it isn't a thrill for him and he's looking for something that will give him that kind of thrill

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Captain Invictus posted:

Are you the guy who came up with all those super depressing realistic ends for all the characters.

Like Franky dying while trying to turn himself into a cyborg via tetanus and massive infection

He's not the guy. Trying to find these posts btw.

Captain Invictus posted:

I thought Franky died of massive amounts of tetanus and infection

ATP_Power posted:

Type two diabetes, too much cola is a terrible thing.

Bisse posted:

Brain infection from too much hairspray.

Krampus Grewcock posted:

I thought it was breast cancer due to radiation from his nipple lights.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

I saw it as being that it isn't a thrill for him and he's looking for something that will give him that kind of thrill

Kaido's inability to die is a metaphor for Oda's inability to stop drawing One Piece.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="457122308"]
Kaido is trying to instigate the war to end all wars in the hopes that something there will kill him. He probably thinks there's a superweapon at Raftel, which is his only motivation to even try to get the ponyglyphs/Wanonians.

I figure there's a couple reasons why he might go to Raftel. But basically, he wants to make himself a target. And who's a bigger target than the New King of the Pirates?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Julias posted:

Depending on how his immortality works, trying to drown himself could lead to spending eternity alive and conscious at the bottom of the sea.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

loving caught Oda changing his mind if he wanted Jack dead or not, good observation

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Ok so now we gonna play Wind Waker, find all the map pieces so we can dive to the lost city

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Jack O'Lantern. Nothing to it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

A book on the powerful phrases and statements of One Piece.

Called Strong Words.

The second volume of such.

Has One Piece gone too far?

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

A book on the powerful phrases and statements of One Piece.

Called Strong Words.

The second volume of such.

Has One Piece gone too far?

Looks pretty drat thick too.

Does it contain the great wisdom that all men are obsessed with ninjas?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Crazyeyes posted:

Looks pretty drat thick too.

Does it contain the great wisdom that all men are obsessed with ninjas?

Nah I don't think it goes that far.

The quote in the front is from Chapter 644, when Luffy tells Fukuboshi (Fukaboshi?) not to worry cause they're friends in response to his request to bring Fishman Island back to zero.

bondster
May 6, 2007

WHISKY
or
BEER!!

Knowing Zoro, it's both

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Not really manga related, but I'll post it anyways:

http://onepiecepodcast.com/2016/03/06/one-piece-episode-733-delayed/

One Piece Episode 733 delayed until March 20 because of 2016 Nagoya Women's Marathon. :smithicide:

So, no King Kong Gun for a little while longer.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Not really manga related, but I'll post it anyways:

http://onepiecepodcast.com/2016/03/06/one-piece-episode-733-delayed/

One Piece Episode 733 delayed until March 20 because of 2016 Nagoya Women's Marathon. :smithicide:

So, no King Kong Gun for a little while longer.

You're getting upset about the One Piece anime being replaced by something with good pacing?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Darth Walrus posted:

You're getting upset about the One Piece anime being replaced by something with good pacing?

Touché; but no, not upset, just looking forward to seeing that specific part animated. I just don't give a poo poo about the anime anymore otherwise.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I just wish Toei would make a One Piece Kai.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Touché; but no, not upset, just looking forward to seeing that specific part animated. I just don't give a poo poo about the anime anymore otherwise.

Same. I only check out the major scenes from the anime now. Gear Fourth's debut was amazing despite things like the Culverin padding.

Mraagvpeine posted:

Give it another decade or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Mraagvpeine posted:

One Piece: Brohood