Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

KoRMaK posted:

yea, are they like barely seething with antimosity or something?

jamie and adam still work together on Tested (which is a sort of web magazine/youtube channel thing that was owned by the company that owned giantbomb at one point), idk what the other 3 are doing.
i dont think there's animosity so much as falling ratings and running out of poo poo to do a couple seasons ago - the show started getting /really/ boring a few years back and I can't imagine working on it was much fun at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Lutha Mahtin posted:

the rms majestic

i'm the little bit of exposed belly

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

epipen posted:

jamie and adam still work together on Tested (which is a sort of web magazine/youtube channel thing that was owned by the company that owned giantbomb at one point), idk what the other 3 are doing.
i dont think there's animosity so much as falling ratings and running out of poo poo to do a couple seasons ago - the show started getting /really/ boring a few years back and I can't imagine working on it was much fun at that point.

after like 15 seasons of the thing, they'd already done every single urban legend and myth and they were on to testing idioms like "a rolling stone gathers no moss" by rolling a rock covered with lichen on a treadmill for months. they basically finished everything they had set out to do

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

epipen posted:

i dont think jamie has much to do with tested any more, and he's said he doesn't really like performing on camera any more. it's been almost a year since he even posted and they don't mention him much. adam on the other hand does a couple things a week and has talked about doing more tested stuff now that mb is wrapped up.

and yeah it was time to wrap up mb

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

epipen posted:

the editing for that show was beyond obnoxious (mythbusters, not tested). they had 10 minutes on content in a 40 minute show.

that said i would watch the hell out of a supercut of an episode

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
every once in a while tested will upload a video that's just adam building some film prop replica or something and completely geeking out about it, and it's the most amazing thing

here's half an hour of him building a box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tUHJnl8qPM

honestly mythbusters would work so much better as some sort of web series, in self-contained five minute segments covering individual myths. no idea where you'd get funding for something like that though. (and of course when the show started, youtube etc didn't even exist yet)

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
i'd bet on adam doing an occasional mini-mythbust on tested within a couple years. probably just takes the internet thinking of somethign dumb-but-nonobvious enough to try

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

infernal machines posted:

the editing for that show was beyond obnoxious (mythbusters, not tested). they had 10 minutes on content in a 40 minute show.

that said i would watch the hell out of a supercut of an episode

there's a reddit for that. it's not exactly what you're looking for but iirc they generally cut each episode down to 30 minutes or less.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCn2BLX66LE

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom
yeah, i liked Jamie's stuff on tested but i get the impression he's a bit over it.
Adam's builds are magical tbh, and last year when he was posting vids of all sorts of helmets and stuff he bought was really fun to watch

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
This is my favorite Adam vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DUULvPJTgk

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sCReGjfZ_A
idk if this is the one im thinking of but the one where he explains bits of Solo's Blaster are from model aircraft, i think the flash-hider is straight up an RC airplane glowplug engine, poo poo like that, was pretty funny.
or the one where he made the spacesuits from Alien and found the mics in the helmets were actually toggle switches used in MG coupes and old aircraft lol

edit: my bad, the glowplug engine is on the front of the magazine well of the mauser (edited again, gently caress)

epipen fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Mar 7, 2016

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

owned

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

epipen posted:

DBT has been around a while, its mostly for borderline pd, but i think it's shown some promise for people with multiple co-occuring conditions, particularly involving trauma (eg. depression + gad + ptsd as a result of trauma)
it's not very commonplace yet, though, and lots of insurers seem to not want to cover it for some reason? which probably doesn't help.
a lot of psychs seem to not be very understanding or sympathetic to their patients, too - like, if things aren't improving its clearly because the patient isn't trying, etc.
my experiences are probably coloured by where i am, tho - rural aus isn't known for being a wonderful place :v

DBT is being used more on bipolar people as well and its been shown to be effective in some people for anxiety

agreed that a lot of psychs can be very distant and cold, theres no real perfect way to be a therapist, you kind of have to click personality wise with the patient i think and sometimes that just isnt going to happen.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Base Emitter posted:

i dont think jamie has much to do with tested any more, and he's said he doesn't really like performing on camera any more. it's been almost a year since he even posted and they don't mention him much. adam on the other hand does a couple things a week and has talked about doing more tested stuff now that mb is wrapped up.

and yeah it was time to wrap up mb

that pic of adam's butthole getting leaked prolly didn't help either

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Sagebrush posted:

after like 15 seasons of the thing, they'd already done every single urban legend and myth and they were on to testing idioms like "a rolling stone gathers no moss" by rolling a rock covered with lichen on a treadmill for months. they basically finished everything they had set out to do

its kind of amazing for something with such a broad premise from the start to be so successful that they just made the whole concept scorched earth at this point

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

wait what

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
vegan cheese, mock meats, etc all just seem like bullshit ways to cheat at faux-ethical eating. i've never meet a vegan who was into it for health. it's always about animal cruelty. if you're making imitation animal products, you basically admitting that it's ok to enjoy sinking your teeth into an animal's flesh and savor the delicious tastes. it's just not ok if you have to admit that something died to let you enjoy its delicious taste and meat.

vegan food shouldnt attempt to replicate non-vegan dishes if they're being intellectually honest. they should have their own cousine.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that's not he butthole

it mine

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Segmentation Fault posted:

so what did people use as sleeping aids before methaqualone hit the market?

I want to know what the prelude to quaalude was

Diazepam was first synthesized by Leo Sternbach, and was first manufactured by Hoffmann-La Roche. It has been one of the most frequently prescribed medications in the world since its launch in 1963. In the United States it was the highest selling medication between 1968 and 1982

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

vegan cheese, mock meats, etc all just seem like bullshit ways to cheat at faux-ethical eating. i've never meet a vegan who was into it for health. it's always about animal cruelty. if you're making imitation animal products, you basically admitting that it's ok to enjoy sinking your teeth into an animal's flesh and savor the delicious tastes. it's just not ok if you have to admit that something died to let you enjoy its delicious taste and meat.

vegan food shouldnt attempt to replicate non-vegan dishes if they're being intellectually honest. they should have their own cousine.

I hate vegans and not one word of what you said here makes any sense

Like, humans are still animals that enjoy eating meat

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

i'm really not seeing an issue with still enjoying the taste of something but not enjoying the practices that produce it

if you want really loving good vegan recipes look at what buddhist monks have been doing. even they make faux-meat dishes

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

echinopsis posted:

Diazepam was first synthesized by Leo Sternbach, and was first manufactured by Hoffmann-La Roche. It has been one of the most frequently prescribed medications in the world since its launch in 1963. In the United States it was the highest selling medication between 1968 and 1982

is that the one that makes you snipe better

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Moist von Lipwig posted:

actually its just that quaaludes will kill you if you OD vs benzos where if you're taking just benzos you'll pass the gently caress out. it would take a positively heroic effort to on ativan or xanax, like eating hundreds of pills. quaaludes it'd be quite easy to take a couple, pass out and die.

drinking with either of them will loving kill you pretty fast or at the very least make you black out.

my wife has seen someone arrest on 7.5mg of midazolam.. thats a normal single dose

don't assume you need to take shitloads to OD on benzos.. just for most people maybe...

Improbable Lobster posted:

propbably

its valium. it has an inherent muscle relaxant quality so maybe???

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

I hate vegans

my brother is a vegan and i loving hate it.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

every time I take something like Vicodin of w/e, it makes me nauseous and I just end up throwing it away.

I guess it's a blessing because there's no way I'd ever abuse opiates based on my experience with legit prescriptions.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Linux Pirate posted:

my brother is a vegan and i loving hate it.

Also the reason you don't meet vegans who do it for health reasons is because it's not super healthy, vegetarianism is way better, vegans are in denial about humanities place in the world

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIYiDPGlxNk

i'm the crippled life due to having such an overly specific fetish

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

if you want a vision of the future, imagine two small screens strapped to a face. forever.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sophian
Jun 16, 2007
I'm nothing.

I remember this. There was a pic floating around of a hairy dude lying on his back spreading his buttchecks and from that angle it looked like Adam Savage. Turns out it wasn't him which was obvious to those who saw the rest of the set.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

HEY NONG MAN posted:

every time I take something like Vicodin of w/e, it makes me nauseous and I just end up throwing it away.

I guess it's a blessing because there's no way I'd ever abuse opiates based on my experience with legit prescriptions.

you should taper up if you get the nausea, split the pill into quarters. once your receptors are acclimatized a little it tends to be better. alternatively, ask for a script for ondansetron with any opioids if they make you nauseous

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Moist von Lipwig posted:

you should taper up if you get the nausea, split the pill into quarters. once your receptors are acclimatized a little it tends to be better. alternatively, ask for a script for ondansetron with any opioids if they make you nauseous

fortunately I don't require painkillers for anything but that's good info. I didn't realize there was an auxiliary script that works in concert with opioids to inhibit the nausea.

cutting them into fourths also makes more than a lick of sense given how loving big Vicodin seems to be.

FOLLOW UP: After I got my wisdom teeth removed, I tried doing a cold water extraction to remove the APAP from the Vicodin thinking that would help mitigate the nausea but it was just as bad. That's as far as I went into pharmaceuticals before I said "welp, i'm out".

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
nah the nausea is purely from the opioids but doing CWE isn't a bad idea anyway because APAP is poison trash for idiots

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i just took a lot of apap because i have a fever

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Moist von Lipwig posted:

nah the nausea is purely from the opioids but doing CWE isn't a bad idea anyway because APAP is poison trash for idiots

apap owns but america seems to be way too airy fairy about dosing of it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

echinopsis posted:

airy fairy

she was one hot gbs superstar

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i dont recall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

Improbable Lobster posted:

honestly mgs should have just said propranolol, its really good at mitigating tremors and dulling the effect of adrenaline on heartrate and breathing. it's pretty safe for most people and doesn't knock you out. Surgeons are known to abuse it to reduce tremors when performing surgery, and public speakers and performers to reduce physical symptoms of stagefright.

speaking of, guess which medication a random doctor just chucked a tantrum about me being prescribed lmao

there's no point to apap/opiate meds, tbh, other than loving up your liver if you try to take too much. the opiates are already /really/ good painkillers, the apap isn't augmenting them in any way

• Locked thread