Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Antti posted:

You are all talking about mechanics, items, things, etc. that there isn't even an inkling of when you start the game. Brewing beer? Making wine? Meteors? Trains? What?

items and mechanics will unlock as you progress. many games are like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Fun Times! posted:

I'm talking out of my rear end but I don't think fish chances vary by the tile. Just what area you're in.

Pretty sure the legendary fish, other than the Mutant Carp, have specific areas in the fishing area they're tied to.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Fun Times! posted:

I'm talking out of my rear end but I don't think fish chances vary by the tile. Just what area you're in.

For the Glacierfish and Crimsonfish legendaries they're in one specific space. I think in this case it might have been affected by luck too?

I checked the fortune teller before I went to sleep and I got a bad reading... Who knows,ill just try and get ready for the next rainy day.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Johnny Joestar posted:

well

about that

Oh! Well, twelve grand well spent :v:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Man this was supposed to be my ultimate chill game but I spent 7 whole hours playing this today. Thats not chill at all!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Chill as hell one hour for every deadly sin

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Can someone help explain how the Galaxy Sword's effect procs? I was in my slime hutch the other day getting beaten up by my slimes, and then started running around at 4 speed, and obviously thought this was the best thing that had ever happened.

I figured it triggered because I had taken damage, but I can't seem to get going that fast anymore, and I loved it more than life itself.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Antti posted:

You are all talking about mechanics, items, things, etc. that there isn't even an inkling of when you start the game. Brewing beer? Making wine? Meteors? Trains? What?

maybe just stop reading the thread and play the game, if you don't want to read talk of mechanics you haven't unlocked or experienced yet

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Keshik posted:

Can someone help explain how the Galaxy Sword's effect procs? I was in my slime hutch the other day getting beaten up by my slimes, and then started running around at 4 speed, and obviously thought this was the best thing that had ever happened.

I figured it triggered because I had taken damage, but I can't seem to get going that fast anymore, and I loved it more than life itself.

I think what you experienced is the speed bug that sometimes happen after you get poisoned, which gives you an insane speed boost once the debuff fades. I've had it happen a few times. Some say it happens if you get poisoned while having the coffee buff, but if that's the case it definitely doesn't happen 100% of the time. Sadly it happens very rarely for me at least, but it's awesome when it does.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

So am I being a dummy, or are cows ludicrously good compared to the other barn dwellers? I can turn any cow milk into cheese and sell it for 200, goat cheese makes twice as much but appears half as often, wool seems to take too long to grow back, and I can't get the pigs to act consistently enough to out-earn the cows.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Cows have outperformed every other animal in every Harvest Moon game I've played. Cash cows

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Home come the day after a festival where they were all pet and let outside and shut in after they went inside are my animals mostly sad except for two that are really loving happy?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A7bq1HFygs

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Do fruit trees mature at all in winter or did I gently caress up by not planting spring trees in the fall?

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Fruit trees will grow in winter, don't place walkways around them though, that prevents their growth. You can plant them afterwards though.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Also apparently placing a seedmaker so the top half obstructs a tile surrounding the tree counts as a block as well. Probably a bug. The tree started growing again as soon as I moved the seedmaker one tile down.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

How do you make sure you are generating as much hay as your animals are eating without having to buy any. I want to become the beakmeister but just 5 chickens are outpacing the rate I get hay, unless I chop up all the grass from the starters I planted, but then I'd just have to pay for more grass starters. It seems like only a small number of animals will go through your grass faster than it spreads so I haven't been letting them outside.

Also goddamn those ducks better be fantastic for costing $4,000 a pop

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Digirat posted:

ever had foie gras?

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

Gonna ask this again is there a way to reset the legendary fish like a mod or save file edit so I can catch them again?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Digirat posted:

How do you make sure you are generating as much hay as your animals are eating without having to buy any. I want to become the beakmeister but just 5 chickens are outpacing the rate I get hay, unless I chop up all the grass from the starters I planted, but then I'd just have to pay for more grass starters. It seems like only a small number of animals will go through your grass faster than it spreads so I haven't been letting them outside.

I have 4 chickens and they're only barely eating any hay. They rarely eat any from spring to autumn, since I can just let them out in the grass to forage and they're fine. I'd say let your grass spread nice and wide, don't chop any back until you've got loads of it and just buy hay to feed your animals for the time being.

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

In the launch options you want to put %command% after your folder location.

So for example mine is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\StardewModdingAPI.exe" %command%

Yours may be different. :)

flesh dance posted:

I'm trying out Cantors' nifty time mod set to 10 to give myself a wee bit more daylight while I fumble around. Is there a launch option or something I can do with the steam client to always run the game through SMAPI? Steam doesn't even register that I'm playing when I start it from SMAPI in the game folder.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm bad at computers

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Question: Is it really worth it to grind out level 3 sprinklers, or is it better to just set things up for multiples of the level 2?

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
By the time I had enough iridium to make 4 super sprinklers I had something like 25 advanced sprinklers. The iridium ones are more space efficient, but outside of the greenhouse that's rarely a concern. You're gonna find a shitton of gold and iron while looking for iridium anyway, so you may as well make use of them.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I had like 7 or 8 Iridium Sprinklers at the end of Winter 1 just by buying them from the Fri/Sun Hippo Wagon. I couldn't imagine using precious ~iridium~ to craft them though because you could make something way cooler/usefuller.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Digirat posted:

This is enough to support 8 fowl and 4 cows without me having to feed them. Make sure you have a good amount set to grow inside their pen before opening the doors or they'll just nosh it down before it can get big enough to be self-sustaining. I also have three or four other large patches that don't get touched until I absolutely need more hay. For reference, that's summer 15 in year 2 and I have two silos full of hay.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

StrangeAeon posted:

Question: Is it really worth it to grind out level 3 sprinklers, or is it better to just set things up for multiples of the level 2?

Iridium Sprinklers are only worth it if you want chances at the mega-plants (Pumpkins, Cauliflower etc) otherwise its more cost effective to just farm Quality Sprinklers.

Also, heads up for all you goons building 2 or more silos, once you have a barn/coop, you can just extract all the hay into a slot in your inventory and then go chop more. Never be maxed out!

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Thor-Stryker posted:

Iridium Sprinklers are only worth it if you want chances at the mega-plants (Pumpkins, Cauliflower etc) otherwise its more cost effective to just farm Quality Sprinklers.

Also, heads up for all you goons building 2 or more silos, once you have a barn/coop, you can just extract all the hay into a slot in your inventory and then go chop more. Never be maxed out!

what're you planning on doing with all that hay once you get autoloaders huh :colbert:

Entoloma
Jan 2, 2009
I spent the first winter building a huge pile of advanced sprinklers (about 30) and placed them all ready for spring planting and a big increase in production. Then of course I decided to plant parnsips so I could fulfill the quality crops community centre request... lets just say it can get a bit tedious plucking 200+ parsnips from the ground. I'm glad kale exists.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

But Not Tonight posted:

what're you planning on doing with all that hay once you get autoloaders huh :colbert:

Load it into my un-upgraded shed that's used for chest storage!

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Entoloma posted:

I spent the first winter building a huge pile of advanced sprinklers (about 30) and placed them all ready for spring planting and a big increase in production. Then of course I decided to plant parnsips so I could fulfill the quality crops community centre request... lets just say it can get a bit tedious plucking 200+ parsnips from the ground. I'm glad kale exists.

You can hold down the button and just walk through the crops.

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Well poo poo. I think I've fixed my game crashing issue.

Please tell me I can mine in the winter time....I've wasted so many days saving thinking I was going to lose my progress. heh.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Thor-Stryker posted:

I'm sitting on 10 Iridium Sprinklers now and I've only made two. Just always check the traveling vendor and buy one whenever it shows up. I think that's about the breakpoint where farming becomes tedium. Harvesting all the blueberries and hops (hops are off of 6 T2 Sprinklers) takes me all morning as-is.

Also, holy poo poo I never thought about storing hay in my own bins! I've built like 5 silos so far and am capped out on hay with like 1/2 my farmstead still fully grassed over. Now I can clearcut everything and not worry about wasting hay! I still don't like having the animals outisde because it seems like they don't always produce daily (eggs, cow milk) if they're outside. But if they're inside I'll always get them no problem. Money really isn't an issue anymore, though, so maybe I should just chill and let them roam.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

nonpromqueen posted:

Well poo poo. I think I've fixed my game crashing issue.

Please tell me I can mine in the winter time....I've wasted so many days saving thinking I was going to lose my progress. heh.

You can mine whenever you please. Just walk right in there and start hitting rocks.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I'm very disappointed that I have to do non-murder things to progress the murder aspect of the game further.

It's strange I had a DS harvest moon game and I hated the mine, or whatever the mine equivalent was.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Digirat posted:

Buy one duck, use it to manufacture more.

(Really you don't *need* even one duck, but the variety and the feathers are nice and they're technically a more efficient use of mayo machine time.)

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

For newer players, it's super duper important to check the Gypsy. Iridium sprinklers can come cheap, and often enough you can nab something for a bundle that gets you out of having to do work -- 800g for Large Goat Milk is hella cheaper than a goat.

Entoloma
Jan 2, 2009
Checking the trashcans around town can get you some useful or bundle related stuff as well. I've managed to fulfill two of the fish bundles just from the trashcans and beach, plus a few other random things. Haven't done any fishing or animal husbandry yet. So much to do!

a7m2 posted:

You can hold down the button and just walk through the crops.

Ahh thanks! I thought you can to click them all individually - I hadn't tried just holding the button down.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Revol posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/484fj1/how_to_zoom_out_with_a_nvidia_graphics_card/

On my 2560x1440 monitor, I've got enough width to where I only need to take one top and one bottom screenshots, and connect them together.

This should go in the OP, really. It's not an official zoom mode or anything, but now I can see so much more of the map when I'm playing by doing these tweaks. Nothing has broken so far for me, either. It's a huge QOL improvement to be able to see more than like 50 feet in any direction.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Fhqwhgads posted:

This should go in the OP, really. It's not an official zoom mode or anything, but now I can see so much more of the map when I'm playing by doing these tweaks. Nothing has broken so far for me, either. It's a huge QOL improvement to be able to see more than like 50 feet in any direction.

Zoom is back though. The max zoom out is the same as when I double my resolution via DSR. There's a beta patch, not sure if people knew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Community center fully restored year 2, fall 2nd. I think rushing to complete it before the end of year 2 gave me a lot of direction and purpose in this game, hopefully I don't start to drift away from it now that I have no real goal. Either way more than got my money's worth out of this great game.

Does anyone ever do anything or anything ever happen in the community center now that it's completed?

Edit: I guess I still have to do that thing the dwarvish tombstone tells you to do and see what happens with that. Gotta actually find a prismatic shard first though

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 7, 2016