Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
oh god plz dont ask of questions out of the of thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

rear end Catchcum posted:

What's a good Tyler album to start with

Bastard

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Bastard yes

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Seconding Bastard. It's my favorite album of his. Goblin is pretty decent too. I've never liked his serious stuff, he's gotten great at production but I don't think his voice doesn't work over the beats.

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

rear end Catchcum posted:

What's a good Tyler album to start with

Wolf. Bastard has some good tracks but don't bother with Goblin at all, it's tiresome poo poo.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
I'd start with Wolf

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Sorry guys was told to stop asking for recommendations. Guess I'll throw on Goblin.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Bastard and Cherry Bomb are both really good and represent the two ends of his aesthetic (i.e. edgy horror-core teenager poo poo and n.e.r.d-lite). His two albums in the middle tried to be a mix of the two styles and imo are not very good albums as a result

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Although I maintain Yonkers continues to be the best solo work he's ever produced.

The best group work is, of course, Rella.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Tyler has a new song out but you morons are still talking about Kanye West

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Kendrick has a new album out but you morons are still talking about Kanye West

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bandiet posted:

Wolf. Bastard has some good tracks but don't bother with Goblin at all, it's tiresome poo poo.

fwiw I agree with this except I don't hate Goblin or anything just don't think it's very good. Wolf is where Tyler peaked before just deciding almost all his music should sound super ugly and not good

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Escobarbarian posted:

fwiw I agree with this except I don't hate Goblin or anything just don't think it's very good. Wolf is where Tyler peaked before just deciding almost all his music should sound super ugly and not good

Except cherry bomb is really good so I dunno man.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
Yeah I think Cherry Bomb is really good and it's kind of bizarre to me that someone would choose that as the album where his music sounds "super ugly." None of his albums are particularly great as albums but they all have great songs and I think he's really interesting as both a persona and a producer. Kanye fans dipping their toes in definitely need to check out Smuckers off of Cherry Bomb tho

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

obliriovrons posted:

Yeah I think Cherry Bomb is really good and it's kind of bizarre to me that someone would choose that as the album where his music sounds "super ugly." None of his albums are particularly great as albums but they all have great songs and I think he's really interesting as both a persona and a producer. Kanye fans dipping their toes in definitely need to check out Smuckers off of Cherry Bomb tho

It's because of the mixing/mastering. I don't think that album would get nearly the amount of poo poo it gets if Tyler didn't intentionally mix it to sound like it was playing out of the speakers of a McDonald's drive-thru

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Cherry Bomb has a lot of great stuff on it but Wolf is definitely his best work.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

nthing Wolf and Cherry Bomb as faves, especially if you like Pharrell and NERD

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
is this still the kanye thread?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Smuckers is great but it's one of the worst Yeezy verses ever

Even Wayne sounds on point by comparison

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I like Kanye West

Brent87
Nov 7, 2009
GOOD friday

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Kanye's lexus lines on Smuckers are some of the best on the album

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I still listen to TLOP start to finish twice a day.. I've had to kill SSI from the rotation though

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's been a couple of weeks and after originally loving the record, now I notice some flabby parts. The run of Feedback to Low Light to Highlights to Freestyle 4 to I Love Kanye is not great. That's a tough run right in the middle of the album. From there it's golden all the way out.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I agree very much with the above post

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Thirded despite how much I like Freestyle 4

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
High lights has become one of my favorite kanye beats, but I think the Ray j verse is lame and really out of place.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

ICHIBAHN posted:

It's been a couple of weeks and after originally loving the record, now I notice some flabby parts. The run of Feedback to Low Light to Highlights to Freestyle 4 to I Love Kanye is not great. That's a tough run right in the middle of the album. From there it's golden all the way out.

This is pretty much how I feel about it, and to me the tracklist he first posted with the Waves title is just a lot better in general, with regards to flow and everything. I do still have a really hard time tolerating No More Parties In LA, it's just super boring and way too long. I'll probably end up with an alternate 35 minute long tracklist that I think is pretty decent, which I guess is more than I could personally say for Yeezus.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

High lights has become one of my favorite kanye beats, but I think the Ray j verse is lame and really out of place.

it's no more out of place than anything else on the album

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
The rollout continues as cashmere cat teased on snapchat today a new version of wolves feat drake and Bjork

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

atrus50 posted:

a new version of wolves feat drake and Bjork

lol

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

"imma fix wolves"
*puts Drake on the track*
"great, now the whole album is poo poo.

New album this summer, fam."

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Drake is good

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Maybe instead of constantly reworking that blah song he could focus on making his next album better??

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
turbo grafx 16 is actually gonna be 16 versions of wolves

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

thathonkey posted:

turbo grafx 16 is actually gonna be 16 versions of wolves

good

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yeezy's doing his part to kill physical media

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/706894626653872128

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/706894783705432064

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/706895269984673792

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/706895554471657472

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Of all the times Yeezy has surprised me, him going "ummm. Hi everybody!" Might be the biggest shock of all.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'd like him to still put stuff on vinyl, including reissuing Graduation and 808's which I don't have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
You can go fully digital if you want Kanye just please start actually selling the CDs and ditch Tidal

• Locked thread