Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Arrgytehpirate posted:

At least you haven't had to dodge ADC Yi, ADC Quinn, and Top Ahri

It's blowing my mind that adc quinn is now something one "has to dodge" instead of her most obviously good role

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

kingcobweb posted:

It's blowing my mind that adc quinn is now something one "has to dodge" instead of her most obviously good role

He's a noob. Be gentle.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
ADC Quinn is serviceable because Quinn is pure hitler in solo queue and I imagine she is hard to gently caress up in bronze so there is no reason to dodge that

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Guys help I...I think I love League :ohdear:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Lady Naga posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bvwFTLOAtc

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Can someone tell me how to CS on Ahri? I am getting like 4 CS/min atm and it loving stinks. Her AA feels awful weak and slow and when I try to Ball to kill something it never comes back in time to deal the 2nd hit of damage and they die to my wave.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Gridlocked posted:

Can someone tell me how to CS on Ahri? I am getting like 4 CS/min atm and it loving stinks. Her AA feels awful weak and slow and when I try to Ball to kill something it never comes back in time to deal the 2nd hit of damage and they die to my wave.

Practice with bots and play normals homie

As with most champs that farm with skillshots (Ziggs, Orianna, Ahri, Liss, etc), it takes time before you learn the certain "feel" and scaling of the abilties for farming

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Lady Naga posted:

Stockholm syndrome

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Luna syndrome

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Symptoms include:
Shitposting
Frequent summoner name changes
Av switches
Weed jokes
High toxicity levels
Attention whoring

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Arrgytehpirate posted:

At least you haven't had to dodge ADC Yi, ADC Quinn, and Top Ahri

It really doesn't matter, especially if you're in bronze. I forgot to swap with the support in a ranked game at high gold just now and ended up having to play Nautilus mid (yeah, I know this has actually been done in competitive) with thunderlords and scaling armor runes against AD Ezreal (not exactly a fun experience in lane). Still finished the game with most gold, most damage, and most kills. About half of the champions in the game are playable in toplane, including almost every tank and almost every AP midlaner.

Also ADC Quinn is not only 'playable' but actually good.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Tried out that tank akali thing people are talking about.

:drat:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Kashuno posted:

I know, right? I basically spent all day playing either Garen, Akali or Nautilus and I won most of my games.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Kashuno posted:

I was 10-2 in a ranked game as tank Akali and our Ahri kept telling me to peel for her and our Lucian, despite the fact that I had more kills than the two of them combined. I pointed this out, to which she replied that they did more damage. I responded by flash ulting onto the enemy ADC and instagibbing him, just to prove a point

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
How exactly is akali supposed to peel anyone anyway lol

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Well the strongest cc is death. So Akali peels by killing people trying to kill her squishy friends.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

henkman posted:

she does have a slow field but that's pretty much it

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Lord_Magmar posted:

Well the strongest cc is death. So Akali peels by killing people trying to kill her squishy friends.

http://summonerscode.com/post/43781013130/exhibit-187-tristana-0157-why-didnt-you-pick

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

henkman posted:

throw down her W from the other side of a wall. The enemy team will back away in fear, ta-da.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Sivir super good atm btw.

Play Sivir.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I like Sivir because her champ portrait looks like she's gonna fall flat on her face in like two seconds.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Looks like J4 is really getting that enormous ult buff where it damages everyone inside the ult as opposed to just one person.

I am happy.

Also, never surrender.

This was a great game where I somehow managed to ward more than our support with sightstone and our team somehow outlasted a Pantheon who was 7/0/0 against our Nasus at like 15 minutes.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Mar 7, 2016

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

blah_blah posted:

It really doesn't matter, especially if you're in bronze. I forgot to swap with the support in a ranked game at high gold just now and ended up having to play Nautilus mid (yeah, I know this has actually been done in competitive) with thunderlords and scaling armor runes against AD Ezreal (not exactly a fun experience in lane). Still finished the game with most gold, most damage, and most kills. About half of the champions in the game are playable in toplane, including almost every tank and almost every AP midlaner.

Also ADC Quinn is not only 'playable' but actually good.

Yesterday in low gold I lost to a mid-lane singed because our ahri refused to poke him out of lane and our adc ezreal didn't buy an iceborne in a 35 minute game. Basically never Dodge anything unless the guy is clearly trying to troll

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Udyr is still a complete shithead despite the nerfs. Runic echoes into Zzrot, shove lanes all day erryday, do the least damage to champions and still carry.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
who knew that shaving off 20 damage and 20 health from his shield wouldn't actually do a loving thing to him lol

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Udyr is still a complete shithead despite the nerfs. Runic echoes into Zzrot, shove lanes all day erryday, do the least damage to champions and still carry.

Yeah he still seems really good to me, too.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I finally got a mastery 5 champion. It's Gnar. But the problem is, I can't make Gnar work in Season 6. He feels so awful now. Does anyone have any advice?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Killed By Death posted:

I finally got a mastery 5 champion. It's Gnar. But the problem is, I can't make Gnar work in Season 6. He feels so awful now. Does anyone have any advice?

He's getting some buffs soon. Maybe wait until then, because he got nerfed pretty badly when he was totally FOTM in competitive.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

seizure later posted:

who knew that shaving off 20 damage and 20 health from his shield wouldn't actually do a loving thing to him lol

No its definitely noticeable in your clears

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Why does Gnar feel bad right now anyway, is it just that Fiora eats him alive or?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

He got nerfed, his items got nerfed (the Cleaver nerf hurt A LOT), a bunch of common picks top seem to be really hard for him. Also every time I play him I find myself thinking "I could just play Poppy or Nautilus instead here".

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Soo I've picked Zac back up and god drat is he fun right now. he is such a total shithead in the jungle and his ganks are preposterous. I have been going W>Q>E to start, then maxing R>E>Q>W for that extra E range on ganks. His clear is still pretty fast and I never feel like I have to go back early. It's awesome.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Soo I've picked Zac back up and god drat is he fun right now. he is such a total shithead in the jungle and his ganks are preposterous. I have been going W>Q>E to start, then maxing R>E>Q>W for that extra E range on ganks. His clear is still pretty fast and I never feel like I have to go back early. It's awesome.

Best jungles for not having to go back until you can get your full jg item: Trundle, Nunu, Zac, Warwick, ...rammus?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
pretty much. It is also stupid fun to build zzrot on Zac and look at all that extra damage they get from Zac's dumb big health pool

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Kashuno posted:

I've been seeing a ton of full ap zac mids/top lately. And while they're super squishy the damage/cc is insane. Did he get a change (other than the e range buff) or is this just a gimmick/item change thing?

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

Here in Bronzie Idaho I see a lot of Illaoi players who manage to land her soul grab and then never attack the soul clone.

I seriously wonder if they're colorblind and the clone blends in with the background of something.

I actually have an issue with Singed (that I have discovered over the last couple of days) that when I'm in a complicated team fight or something, I can't tell if I actually have his Q activated or not. Especially with his ult active spewing off the green poo poo as well.

There were a number of fights yesterday where I swear I pressed Q, only to discover five seconds later that it either got shut off by something, or I had apparently not pressed it in the first place.

Part of the problem is it being a toggle - with other skills, it's really drat obvious that it didn't "trigger." With Singed's Q, you only know if you're staring at the Q icon, or you can tell after a few seconds 'hey, there's no green spew." That becomes harder to do if poo poo's flying everywhere and there are particle effects all over (and, as mentioned, if your ult is active).

SlyFrog fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 7, 2016

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You guys seen Braum mid yet? He rushes the attack speed bow and armor and manages to do a pretty great amount of damage. The beauty of it is they went a kill lane bot so it didn't drop off endgame like you'd expect.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Primetime posted:

I've been seeing a ton of full ap zac mids/top lately. And while they're super squishy the damage/cc is insane. Did he get a change (other than the e range buff) or is this just a gimmick/item change thing?

imo it's just a gimmick thing. If you do enough damage with your team around to scare the poo poo out of the enemy team, if you're blown up with your passive active it doesn't really matter because you just walk it off while your team cleans up. I usually go cinderhulk with either tracker or blue smite, swifties, visage, then depending on what's up at that point either zzrot or banner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

SlyFrog posted:

I actually have an issue with Singed (that I have discovered over the last couple of days) that when I'm in a complicated team fight or something, I can't tell if I actually have his Q activated or not. Especially with his ult active spewing off the green poo poo as well.

There were a number of fights yesterday where I swear I pressed Q, only to discover five seconds later that it either got shut off by something, or I had apparently not pressed it in the first place.

Part of the problem is it being a toggle - with other skills, it's really drat obvious that it didn't "trigger." With Singed's Q, you only know if you're staring at the Q icon, or you can tell after a few seconds 'hey, there's no green spew." That become harder to do if poo poo's flying everywhere and there are particle effects all over (and, as mentioned, if your ult is active).

I play Singed a lot and turning on colorblind mode helped. The poison becomes a much more contrasting and stark blue hue.

• Locked thread