Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like GearVR has this thing which is very similar except you are the bullet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GB0SAjfBbk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heid the Ball
Nov 2, 2005
Gordon's ALIVE?!?!?
New coat - M&S £103 (down from £130)

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Did it come with a free pack of chins

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Heid the Ball posted:

You should return this.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Heid the Ball posted:

I know the camera adds ten pounds but the coat makes it look like it added a hundred.

It does not fit you well.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I was going to make a joke about it being ugly, you guys beat me to it

I got some of these

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Nice cock rings.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

Heid the Ball posted:

This is not a good coat.

I bought the remaster of Phil Collins' Dance Into the Light.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Gonna try to learn me some basic Python. I realize that this book is online for free, but I'll be more invested in it if I actually have the physical book to remind me to work on it.
Also my work is paying for it

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Well, I got my lock pick set it, and about 35-40 mins into it, I picked the lock.

Then, after resetting everything and wandering off for a bit, I came back and tried again and got it in under 30 seconds.

This is both fun and terrifying.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Well, I got my lock pick set it, and about 35-40 mins into it, I picked the lock.

Then, after resetting everything and wandering off for a bit, I came back and tried again and got it in under 30 seconds.

Mine will arrive later this week!

Thanks, thread! :toot:

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Try to pick your deadbolt, you'll feel much better about the strength of locks around you. Bonus points if it's even a little enhanced security like a Schlage Primus, which has a secondary set of five pins that lift and turn to create a path for a side bar to fall out of the way of the cylinder. Until those 5 are set, the cylinder doesn't budge even a few degrees, and you can't tension any of the tumblers. I tried to pick one of these without understanding the added security in advance, it was a waste of time and energy.

I don't have pictures, but I bought some DIY tint film from TintZoom... I've already ordered two replacement pieces, because tint is fiddly as gently caress! (Also, I ran the heat gun into the middle of the first piece like a scrub.) I'll probably never DIY tint anything other than flat rectangular windows again; I like the frugality, but it really is a significant amount of labor and effort, and very easy to mess up.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

ChocNitty posted:

and cycling shiz

Does this give your taint a 6-pack?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Can you link this? I missed it in burger chat or something.

Framptonlive
Nov 22, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Same. Game is pretty dang fun.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004
Two graph-ruled composition books

although the ones I bought have a plastic cover instead of cardboard, which I like better. Can't find them on Office Depot's site, for some reason.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Van Dis posted:

Two graph-ruled composition books

although the ones I bought have a plastic cover instead of cardboard, which I like better. Can't find them on Office Depot's site, for some reason.

They like to use fancy words like quadrille: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/126741/Avery-Quadrille-Laboratory-Notebook-7-78/

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Duvet cover plus shams I'll probably never use

Percale sheets

A storage bench to go at the foot of the bed.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You're going to trip over that in the dark. I guarantee it.

Heid the Ball
Nov 2, 2005
Gordon's ALIVE?!?!?

NotAnArtist posted:

I know the camera adds ten pounds but the coat makes it look like it added a hundred.

It does not fit you well.

Some aggressive downlighting doesn't help, but it fits fine thank you.

Also as you don't know what I look like without it on, how would you know if it added weight?

Fake edit: For the record, I'm a fat guy, never going to look slim

Faker edit: No shop shaming :nono:

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

big mean giraffe posted:

Can you link this? I missed it in burger chat or something.

This is the set I personally got (from Massdrop though)
http://www.southord.com/Lock-Pick-Tools/Lock-Pick-Set-Slim-Line-Fifteen-Piece-1510.html

Then watch this guys videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZbsPluW_Qc

Then don't get arrested

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Heid the Ball posted:

Also as you don't know what I look like without it on, how would you know if it added weight?

I believe it's more ill-fitting-coat shaming more than anything else.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Bought this fine coat to go with my sunglasses

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Heid the Ball posted:

I'm pretty sure a coat that fits fine shouldn't accentuate your gut.

RCarr has a new favorite as of 12:46 on Mar 9, 2016

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Bought this fine coat to go with my sunglasses

Hate to say it but it's better than the (even more) dealextreme-looking green coat.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Heid the Ball posted:

We're fatshaming, ty

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Heid the Ball posted:

you could've bought this coat for a poo poo ton cheaper even after shipping. You spent the most you could for something that doesn't look good on the model and does look like a much cheaper coat.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
PYF Recent Purchases: Ok, some shop shaming

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Was shop-shaming ever really against the rules? Because when I made this new thread after the old one got closed, I just thought it was a funny title...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kaizoku posted:

You spent the most you could for something that doesn't look good on the model and does look like a much cheaper coat.

He is the "model".

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Heid the Ball posted:

I believe that if an article of clothing makes you really happy or boosts your confidence, you should keep it and tell everyone to get hosed.

That said - this coat looks like something you would wear in your trips to the Undercity, in the Year 20X9 to find the Synth that's been selling counterfeit Bio-Gel.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
That coat is rad, gently caress the haters

absolem
May 21, 2014

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 [is] immoral
insofar as it is coercive towards someone, yes

I am retarded and compassion is overrated.

AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
Even if the coat was rad and the goon was skinny, the two together don't work

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
It just needs a belt.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
hot tip

unless you are in the fashion industry or somehow associated with something to that effect dress conservatively and in a manner appropriate to your job and climate

i bought a crib mattress to complete the crib given to us for the baby shower

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
It probably looks fine when not buttoned all the way up but I am also a known wearer of stupid clothing so ymmv

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Heid the Ball posted:

Where the gently caress did you find this? I went into M&S looking for a new coat, and everything was so dadish.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Coredump posted:

Fingers crossed. I won't have it for a few days.

Ok got the card. At first I got lucky with my case, the silverstone temjin tj08-e, got the card to install pretty easy with the radiator exhausting out the back of the case.. Then I realized the pump was the high point of the system and could have air bubbles trapped in the pump. I looked at other mounting options and realized with my current case I have none. Since I don't have optical drives, I've just flipped my whole drat case upside down to get the radiator to be the high point until I upgrade the rest of my system. Yes its a goony as gently caress solution, but hey, $700 video card.

Other than that, the card makes some scary gently caress water is going every where noises the first time you turn it on, then it settles down. Its pretty drat quiet and temps max out at 50c. Its a beast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Home furnishing continues. I just picked up a couple of these:

Link

My plan is to stain them a darkish grey and then whitewash everything but the drawers. I'm aiming for a final product along these lines: