Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Hi Games chat thread I spent literally all day playing League and editing, recording and uploading video and would like to chill w/ cool people. How is everyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Lady Naga posted:

Hi Games chat thread I spent literally all day playing League and editing, recording and uploading video and would like to chill w/ cool people. How is everyone?

at work, unable to check the awesome subforum called games save for brief minutes

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Good morning.

I'm rolling around in bed instead of getting ready for work :downs:

Having another D&D session tonight and then tomorrow it's Division time :getin:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I really should go to bed but I don't feel like it for whatever reason. I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in a while :(

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

I really should go to bed but I don't feel like it for whatever reason. I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in a while :(

:smith:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I really dunno why either. Maybe I'm just adjusting to Apartment Life where I have to deal with other people clanging around in other rooms.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
maybe it's because you spend all day staring at a computer screen.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Do you at least use f.lux??

E. Probably not since you're editing video and stuff like that.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Skeezy posted:

Do you at least use f.lux??

E. Probably not since you're editing video and stuff like that.

I do, I don't really need to work with colour balance or anything so it's basically video in -> video out. Even if I did flux lets you turn it off for an hour or two and then turns itself back on.

Jordan7hm posted:

maybe it's because you spend all day staring at a computer screen.

It's never been a problem until I moved :shrug:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
So I bought a high quality arcade/fight stick and I'm having some problems with it. Namely, when I use it I'm still bad at games? Like, I bought it to be better at Street Fighter V, but even when I use it I'm still not good. It was fun to use with Jamestown+, but even then I would still die sometimes. Is this a flaw in the stick, and do you think I'd be able to return it and maybe get a stick that makes me not be as bad at games?

edit: The stick and buttons look and sound fine, and I don't see any marks on it to indicate any damage. How difficult would it be to open the machine and flip the switch(? I'm not very mechanically inclined :kiddo:) that would improve my performance? I have some screwdrivers and such around, so if it's simple I could probably do it. If I can't, do you think the Geek Squad could? Thanks

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

LawfulWaffle posted:

So I bought a high quality arcade/fight stick and I'm having some problems with it. Namely, when I use it I'm still bad at games? Like, I bought it to be better at Street Fighter V, but even when I use it I'm still not good. It was fun to use with Jamestown+, but even then I would still die sometimes. Is this a flaw in the stick, and do you think I'd be able to return it and maybe get a stick that makes me not be as bad at games?

edit: The stick and buttons look and sound fine, and I don't see any marks on it to indicate any damage. How difficult would it be to open the machine and flip the switch(? I'm not very mechanically inclined :kiddo:) that would improve my performance? I have some screwdrivers and such around, so if it's simple I could probably do it. If I can't, do you think the Geek Squad could? Thanks

are you drinking your gamer fuel at all?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Mak0rz posted:

are you drinking your gamer fuel at all?

I try to drink about two cans a day in kind of a "getting ready to game/gaming/post game" schedule. I found that gamer fuel helps me stay focused on my goals of hi scores and winning without having to worry about the wrong chemicals messing up my "gaming machine" (my nickname for my body), but after an initial result marked by longer and deeper Splunky runs, I've found that gamer fuel is giving me diminishing returns in other titles. Should I increase my dosage to three cans daily? I'm worried about the increased costs and whether or not my body is ready for the added strain for another 20 ounces of fuel during my gaming sessions.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

drat dude I don't know how to help you...

LawfulWaffle posted:

Should I increase my dosage to three cans daily? I'm worried about the increased costs and whether or not my body is ready for the added strain for another 20 ounces of fuel during my gaming sessions.

I would do this, though. Maybe even more!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
i hope evyerbody is ahving a good day today

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I'm having a very good day and I am excited to play some video games! Namely, Hyrule Warriors.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

It's been okay! I mean, I've had better, but I can't honestly complain.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm sleepy and want to both play Dark Souls and go to the gym. My day could be better.

VideoGames posted:

I'm having a very good day and I am excited to play some video games! Namely, Hyrule Warriors.
HW is probably the best Warriors game I've played.

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 7, 2016

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

FirstAidKite posted:

I am at work but after work I am going to drink some beers and play Pokemon Blue, which will be nice. Thank you.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
Can a mod change PGS name to Private Game servers and VOIP arguements

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

having a good day, gonna work out, then own some noobs with my sick shotgun skills on call of duty black ops 3. later i will get extremely high and play persona 4

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

I just discovered Carpenter Brut last night, so yeah I'm having a pretty good day. I have orientation for my new job later tonight and I'm going to see the Witch in about half an hour.

Hope you are having a good day as well.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Snak posted:

I just discovered Carpenter Brut last night, so yeah I'm having a pretty good day. I have orientation for my new job later tonight and I'm going to see the Witch in about half an hour.

Hope you are having a good day as well.

It's "The VVitch", tyvm

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Working and having to pay a lot of attention because my bosses are visiting from HQ. Games sub forum visits during bathroom breaks.

Been enjoying playing bloops3 with goons lately. Man some goons rage though.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

FirstAidKite posted:

Gonna start losing all the QA weight I accumulated so I can go back to being a bit more healthy. Also playing games.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I am teaching myself how keyframes work in Adobe Premiere.

and also doing my job i guess

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

bloodychill posted:

Working and having to pay a lot of attention because my bosses are visiting from HQ. Games sub forum visits during bathroom breaks.

Been enjoying playing bloops3 with goons lately. Man some goons rage though.

please do not talk abou tmy good friends macys and jones like this

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Doing schoolwork that's due in like an hour that I should've done yesterday but ViDeO gAmEs happened

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I think Uncharted 3 has the only villain in the series that actually feels appropriate to the setting. Like, a secret British society of occultists and power brokers fits in more with the conspiracy theory stylings of the world than a random giant army run by a random Evil Russian or Eddy Raja.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Honestly I actually hated the two villains in 3 more than any of the villains in Uncharted.

And by I hate I mean wow I actually wanna see these two villains get their comeuppance like hell.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The only person in those games who inspires hate is Nathan Drake

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Are the Black & White games on Steam or GOG or something?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jay Rust posted:

How many people must he kill.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I like it when he kills someone then does a quip

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Jay Rust posted:

I gave up a long time ago he would ever be redeemed. I'm just mostly there for Sully and boy was I glad his death in 3 was fake.

edit: This guy gets it. vvvv

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the only good characters in uncharted are sully and the bald guy

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Shindragon posted:

Honestly I actually hated the two villains in 3 more than any of the villains in Uncharted.

And by I hate I mean wow I actually wanna see these two villains get their comeuppance like hell.

It helps too that they are connected intrinsically to the "treasure" being sought, so they don't feel random and it makes a bit more sense that they'd have all these resources and secret bases and poo poo.

Doesn't really make sense for a secret society to be pelting rockets at an ancient historical Syrian castle in the middle of the night that is not very secretive.

Marlowe looks like Helen Mirren and I dig it it's like National Treasure 2: The Second National Treasure

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

this video is completely true and good and im glad i finally found a video covering all the reasons gta 4 is a better game than 5 and is probably the best gta ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWVtZJo-HqI

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Stux posted:

this video is completely true and good and im glad i finally found a video covering all the reasons gta 4 is a better game than 5 and is probably the best gta ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWVtZJo-HqI

I love that you can just stand around minding your own business in GTA5 and get harassed by cops/people. Truly captures American urban life imo.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I was gonna make an easy joke of well yeah they are in the equivalent of LA. I'm also biased and I enjoyed LA more than New York. :colbert: Granted the combat system in 4 was better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

LOL at a whole page of people angry about an article they didn't read.

Campo Santo are paying translators you dinguses, it says so right there - Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian. They just put the plaintext script of their game up on Github because someone who didn't want to wait made a Russian language mod, and they wanted to make it easier for people like that to add language mods to the game.

• Locked thread