Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Xenoblade 100% run through to end the channel because everyone dies

Then 5 years later come back with persona 4 with Matt playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

I want to know what happens if you beat up the knight
So I found what happens.
First, in your next normal fight after an animal,you'll be shown an opponent and the match will start before either Allen or Blair pull an Akuma on them and take their place in the fight.
When you get to the final boss, instead of your character doing a cool combo on him after the match ends, he just sorta yells in pain and melts. And then the floor crumbles and you fight the real final boss... TRUE LANCE KNIGHT.
It's pretty silly.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
The fact that so far nobody has even shitpostingly asked for Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Sexdeflectors is pretty telling.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Rodyle posted:

I tried to play Quake once awhile ago but the color palette and repeating textures make it a vomit nightmare

Quake was a fantastic game but holy gently caress the textures didn't even hold up at the time, looking at them now would probably be a nightmare, especially with whatever the hell youtube encoding would do with it.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I played P3 first to appreciate P4 more but as I played through P4 I ended up appreciating P3 more and now P3 is my third favorite game of all time behind Smash Bros. Brawl and Kid Icarus Uprising

That's my contribution to this seeya

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Indecisive posted:

Quake was a fantastic game but holy gently caress the textures didn't even hold up at the time, looking at them now would probably be a nightmare, especially with whatever the hell youtube encoding would do with it.

It hold up better than you think but I would not want to let youtube's encoding anywhere near it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
DA DREAM

IS BEING LIVED

EDIT: Shoutouts to CM Punk

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Al-Saqr posted:

Sorry but Oni was kind of trash, SHOGO is a better fake anime game.

It's sad how so many 3D FPS games from 1996-8 are impossible to enjoy anymore, they are so barren it hurts, MAYBE quake is still worth playing.

I know. But it's MY trash. And the combat system was so cool!

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Indecisive posted:

Imo it looks good but you're right in that youtube compression plays absolute hell with it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DumbparameciuM posted:

The fact that so far nobody has even shitpostingly asked for Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Sexdeflectors is pretty telling.

No one wants that game the most out of every other game ever.

It still would've been better than Broken Bond though. And they might even enjoy playing it too, depending on if they figured out there's more than the single button combo.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
haven't read anything for like 100 pages and hadn't watched the channel in the month

then o watched the xcom 2 playthrough and I'm all in again. hope they go back in

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

hubris.height posted:

haven't read anything for like 100 pages and hadn't watched the channel in the month

then o watched the xcom 2 playthrough and I'm all in again. hope they go back in

We're in the middle of a best friends renaissance and everything since the beginning of the old hunters and ffx has been strong

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

hubris.height posted:

watch FFX

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
didn't get far into it and couldn't get into it, when does if start to get entertaining

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

hubris.height posted:

didn't get far into it and couldn't get into it, when does if start to get entertaining

As soon as Al Bhed start interacting with Wakka.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
As soon as Wakka does anything, really.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i'll check that out then, thanks for the tip

then i'll just watch the chrono trigger lp again

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Something that always bugged me about the DXHR intro is that it's 100% Nia's fault that that dude with the boxes ate poo poo and then she blames it on him even though she walked backwards directly into him

just smh

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

CJacobs posted:

Something that always bugged me about the DXHR intro is that it's 100% Nia's fault that that dude with the boxes ate poo poo and then she blames it on him even though she walked backwards directly into him

just smh
Nia is pretty terrible, as her actions later in the game will show.

Speaking of shady behavior from biotech firms, I wonder if Pat has read about Henrietta Lacks?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
what the everliving christ is going on in the end of the nintendo direct video

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Captain Invictus posted:

what the everliving christ is going on in the end of the nintendo direct video

The stream credits. They keep adding stuff to it. It used to be the credits, the video set to return of metaknight's theme, godzilla, and Uno the anime.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
alrighty then

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

hubris.height posted:

XCOM 2 was an amazing cavalcade of failure and convinced me to pick up the original before jumping into 2. I can only hope that my runs will be as entertainingly disastrous.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Guy's who's coming back after a break here's a reason to watch FFX:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lb5Jl0mCRI

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I love them laughing every time Montreal is mentioned.

"Did you imagine MONTREAL would be in any way important?"

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Hey does anyone know what mic/boom/filter combo they're using when they stream

Also does Woolie post here or something? He likes to mention slowbeef quite a bit.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Megalixir posted:

Also does Woolie post here or something? He likes to mention slowbeef quite a bit.

Matt posts here. Woolie was on a podcast with Slowbeef at one point or smething.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
If he does, we don't know about it. He was the first of the Zaibatsu to appear on Retsutalk, though. There was also the time slowbeef stunned Woolie with his Alien Soldier skills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZskKA6jL9I8

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Megalixir posted:

Matt does; slowbeef is a well-known youtuber among the Let's Play community, though, him being the father of it and all.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm not sure about the mics but they kinda look like they're Audio-Technica AT2020s? Matt could answer exactly what they are, I'm just guessing.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Liam finally cements his status as Worst Best Friend in the Let's Watch by being a Federation Force apologist. :colbert:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Genetic Toaster posted:

Liam finally cements his status as Worst Best Friend in the Let's Watch by being a Federation Force apologist. :colbert:

This is you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE37PplM5ps

Federation Force looks fine, it just sucks that we aren't also getting a proper Metroid

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Genetic Toaster posted:

you do remember that Woolie likes Other M right

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Please tell me you mean the gameplay. Gameplay wise Other M is good.

Everything else however? Sucks.

I'm indifferent towards Federation Force. I think the artstyle looks like weird and not a fan of multiplayer type shooter on a handheld.

Wish it was another Metroid, but eh that Mecha Kirby has me sold so I can just focus on that instead.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would rather have Other M than Federation Force

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Baal posted:

I would rather have Other M than Federation Force

At least Federation Force is just some weird spinoff and doesn't do its best to ruin Super Metroid

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No, it's just going to be a really lovely multiplayer handheld FPS that's using Metroid Prime's name because Nintendo refuses to actually put forth any real money for a legit new Metroid game and is also sending this game to basically die because no Metroid fan is actually going to buy it. So when it does fail they're going to be like "Well I guess the Metroid name just doesn't sell anymore."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Metroid never sold in the first place

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Other M is this weird hosed up mess but at least it tried to do something cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Tae posted:

Metroid never sold in the first place

Basically

Genetic Toaster posted:

Other M is this weird hosed up mess but at least it tried to do something cool.

THE BABY