Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

And some headlights (sorry if that makes me sound like a jerk)

These should arrive sometime this week.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131705861151?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superscumbag
Oct 25, 2012
Not sure if electric cars belong here, but it is a beautiful day so washed and waxed the turd. 240mpg over 50k miles.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Volts are awesome. Love the color combo. I may be in the market for a gen two in a couple years, they're great cars.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Larrymer posted:

Volts are awesome. Love the color combo. I may be in the market for a gen two in a couple years, they're great cars.

I have a friend with one, and he loves it. I would have considered one if they were more RWD/AWD.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
am i too late for face pics?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

:circlefap:

If you want to keep them from hazing, just keep them well polished with some nufinish or whatever uv-protectant car wax.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
My current DD as the Nova is on stands, having donated its rims to a short project

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Micromancer posted:

My current DD as the Nova is on stands, having donated its rims to a short project

Why does this not have it's own thread?

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Rhyno posted:

Why does this not have it's own thread?

It's not being restored/worked on. This car is obnoxious, and the only thing that would make it worse is if I threw some small coal making GBS threads diesel in it. If THAT happens, yes a thread for it will surely preceed/follow. Everything you need to know is located here

Project thread for the actual good stuff coming as soon as I finish a little research, and write up the OP.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
IIRC a 6.5 turbodiesel will bolt to the same bellhousing and motor mounts so you know what must be done.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Micromancer posted:

You are my idol.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Micromancer posted:

It's not being restored/worked on. This car is obnoxious, and the only thing that would make it worse is if I threw some small coal making GBS threads diesel in it. If THAT happens, yes a thread for it will surely preceed/follow. Everything you need to know is located here

Project thread for the actual good stuff coming as soon as I finish a little research, and write up the OP.

It doesn't need to be a project thread. More of a "look at this magnificent beast" thread.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

:circlefap:

If you want to keep them from hazing, just keep them well polished with some nufinish or whatever uv-protectant car wax.

3m headlight film is only like 30 bucks a light. Well worth it if you live anywhere that has rear end in a top hat truck drivers or snow.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
A little late for nose-chat but I took this picture when I was in Phoenix a couple weekends back.

And the trip back to LA. #fueleconomysalute

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.

veedubfreak posted:

3m headlight film is only like 30 bucks a light. Well worth it if you live anywhere that has rear end in a top hat truck drivers or snow.

I usually just wax headlights when I wax the paint.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Fuelslt1 posted:

I usually just wax headlights when I wax the paint.

Wax doesn't help against all the rocks that live on the roads in Colorado.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Micromancer posted:

This car is obnoxious, and the only thing that would make it worse is if I threw some small coal making GBS threads diesel in it.

kastein posted:

IIRC a 6.5 turbodiesel will bolt to the same bellhousing and motor mounts so you know what must be done.

6.2 it. change out the torque converter and the springs in the valvebody. You know this must be done. the frictions should hold up to the blistering power of a NA 6.2

speaking of coal making GBS threads diesels:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

cursedshitbox posted:

Looks like a Tonka toy at a distance. Nicely done.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

cursedshitbox posted:

the frictions should hold up to the blistering power of a NA 6.2

What wouldn't, though?

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Getting in late showing my front end.

The lighting and grey paint does a great job masking how filthy it's gotten having to shortcut on country roads in bad weather.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Nah, I can tell pretty easily that it needs a wash.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
We're still doing front shots?

Finally got around to washing it.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007

Fuelslt1 fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Nov 28, 2018

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Over 2500 miles down in less than a month of ownership, steady 36 mpg (uk), loving it despite not getting the front end rattles sorted.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I'm too lazy to take a new picture, but here's my front end from last summer. Hasn't changed, except for a new Ontario license plate semi-compentently bolted to that mess of iron I call the "wildlife tenderizer".

SD 144 Topper and Ferry 4 by Martin Brummell, on Flickr

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Here's my PYF entry:

And a bonus one. This was just a couple of days ago, WTF.

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

I love the front show

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I apologize for the garbage quality of my frontage. I don't have any other front shots and Facebook had the only copy of this one. :suicide:

I promise I'll post better frontage tomorrow.

Edit: Found a :downs: one from the original dealer listing.

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 15, 2016

co199
Oct 28, 2009

I AM A LOUSY FUCKING COMPUTER JANITOR WHO DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CYBER COMPUTER HACKER SHIT.

PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO MY FUCKING AWFUL OPINIONS AS I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

Fifty Three posted:

I apologize for the garbage quality of my frontage. I don't have any other front shots and Facebook had the only copy of this one. :suicide:

I promise I'll post better frontage tomorrow.

Haha, your car looks SO MAD.

I WILL MAKE CIRCLES IN THE SNOW GOD DAMMIT RRRRRRRRR

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007

Fuelslt1 fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Nov 28, 2018

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Snow circles forever. Spin all the bearings.

co199 posted:

Haha, your car looks SO MAD.

I WILL MAKE CIRCLES IN THE SNOW GOD DAMMIT RRRRRRRRR
I'm not a huge fan of the quality of the aftermarket headlights the PO installed, but they do look pretty angry and I dig that.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

cursedshitbox posted:

6.2 it. change out the torque converter and the springs in the valvebody. You know this must be done. the frictions should hold up to the blistering power of a NA 6.2

Olds on the road, Nova rebuilt and back on the road Camaro goes on the back pad for this project. This is probably going to be Spring 2017 before I can get rolling on it, but it is something I do want to do.Will need a budget and a ton of learning about exactly how diesels work and all that as Ive not owned one yet. This also hinges on the tired 305 in the Camaro lasting that long.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Fifty Three posted:

Your car has the "yeah, I did that; want to make something of it?" look.

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.
Dumb 4Runner

Dumber Miata

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Tint

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006
Dirty Alfa:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

DoLittle posted:

Dirty Alfa:

I love your car...and how most of ur pics of it also have snow on the ground and the winter tires on. Do you have a picture of the engine bay? I also love Alfa's excellence in the lost art of making engines look beautiful.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

Mariana Horchata posted:

I love your car...and how most of ur pics of it also have snow on the ground and the winter tires on. Do you have a picture of the engine bay? I also love Alfa's excellence in the lost art of making engines look beautiful.

Thanks! Spring and track day season is coming. On sunday I should pick up a close ratio gear box with LSD and a cambered dedion for it. I've got rose jointed/needle bearing Watt-link kit and a SZ-like spherical front bearing waiting to be installed with them. I'm considering an adjustable mount for the Watt link to allow adjustment of the rear roll center. I've also got adjustable tubular upper front suspension arms with 30 mm raised ball joints on the shelf. They would raise the front roll center, decrease its motion when the suspension compresses and increase camber gain at the front. It already has the RSR Nurburg (Intrax) suspension kit with coil-overs and 30 mm sway bar at front.

A couple of engine bay pictures:

Edit: Note the zip tie mounted power steering fluid reservoir in the above images. It puked its contents out at the track. I've made a bit more proper mount since then. I also had to install a cooler for the power steering fluid to avoid boiling it at the track.

DoLittle fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 18, 2016

co199
Oct 28, 2009

I AM A LOUSY FUCKING COMPUTER JANITOR WHO DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CYBER COMPUTER HACKER SHIT.

PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO MY FUCKING AWFUL OPINIONS AS I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.
Do you have any video? I bet that thing sounds amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I wish my car was RWD with transaxle like that. And also an Alfa. Especially the GTV6.