Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I'm currently running:
Lumi, IG86 7*
Geo, Qui-Gon(L) 5*
Poe 4*

I'm able to get to the teens in arena. Recent upgrade was Geo to level 9 IX gear. Geo and Qui-Gon will be 6* by the end of the week, after which I'll get another star on Poe. Despite the nerfs, he still does his job of protecting the heavy hitters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Davethulhu posted:

I'm currently running:
Lumi, IG86 7*
Geo, Qui-Gon(L) 5*
Poe 4*

I'm able to get to the teens in arena. Recent upgrade was Geo to level 9 IX gear. Geo and Qui-Gon will be 6* by the end of the week, after which I'll get another star on Poe. Despite the nerfs, he still does his job of protecting the heavy hitters.

I know he does I run him to low digits with the team I listed. What I was really doing is looking for changes when Rey and fotp come in soon. Specifically with the fact I never saw a Poe leader with just Poe and Rey as the only resistance.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Hughlander posted:

Anyone run Poe as a leader with the current speed meta? I was thinking:
Poe
Rey
Poggle
Fotp
Lum? Not sure here

I guess that last slot is the lynch pin. More guaranteed damage? Gqj as lead for his own buff. Maybe GS making poggle leader? Or if rng DPS go back to phasma?

I'm doing phasma poe poggle Kylo Sid now since my Rey and fotp are still 5* but as soon as the first hits 6 I want to swap them in. Maybe fotp for Sid to get another FO. But once Rey comes up, the resistance buff seems really nice.

If you're leading with Poe why would you not use RP over FOTP?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Hughlander posted:

I know he does I run him to low digits with the team I listed. What I was really doing is looking for changes when Rey and fotp come in soon. Specifically with the fact I never saw a Poe leader with just Poe and Rey as the only resistance.

Ah sorry misunderstood. I think you get more benefit with that team having Qui-Gon lead, even though he only boosts himself and Luminara.

jbeeney
Jan 22, 2004
Is there any way to record this game without using Bluestacks on an Android phone? (I can't get GoH to work on it and I'm really not in the mood to troubleshoot something right now.) Anyway, I'm on node 11 in GW trying to fight the 6th 7 */ 70 lvl team in a row and either I'm really super tired or I don't understand how this game works or both. I turned 70 maybe 2 weeks ago too if that makes a difference.

I'm fighting a team of Phasma (L) with Lumi, Ventress, Sid and Dookie.

My team consists of 7*/ 70 Lumi (L), 7*/ 70 Sid, 7*/ 70 Poggle, 5*/ 70 Daka and 5*/ 65 HK (should be 6*, just don't have the funds and droids to upgrade him right now.)

I'm not even halfway done the fight, but it seems like the CPU has been able to pull off bonus attacks (excluding Dookie) at least 5 times and it's just so frustrating at this point. I sent in a suicide squad earlier and it seems like none of their abilities are on cooldown. I've recreated the fight a few times, but I don't want to continue because I'm afraid I'm going to lose my team and I'd like to be able to recreate the fight again if I can record it. I thought Phasma had like 18% chance to call an assist so why the hell did it happen at least 5 times so far? I do have the fight written down if anyone's interested that I can post later.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Poggle seems like a waste on that roster, as you've got no pure DPS to boost.

Ventress is also kind of meh. Swap her for a Geo Soldier asap.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

jbeeney posted:

Is there any way to record this game without using Bluestacks on an Android phone?
https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/6274965?hl=en

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

oops wrong forum posted:

If you're leading with Poe why would you not use RP over FOTP?

I'm pretty sure FOTP is still better unless you have a huge Star difference.

I'm pretty sure RP only shines if you have multiple Exposes *besides* Poe.

I want to see what a Poe/Mace/RP/RT/[Poggle or Daka or Talia] comp looks like.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
The extra offense from the Poe leader skill likely helps make-up for the gaps.

FOTP will probably take me 7 months to 7* with just 2 hard mode nodes. RP is a GW toon, so like... 2 weeks? Tops?

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Mar 7, 2016

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Phasma is still pretty drat common in top tier teams, mainly for her turn order and slow fuckery. Ran into a team with her and Han, their team ended up taking 2-3 turns before I got to move once that ball got rolling.

Yes, there's stronger teams but she's real easy to get to a high star ranking early on and she's useful in all modes.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Pimpmust posted:

Phasma is still pretty drat common in top tier teams, mainly for her turn order and slow fuckery. Ran into a team with her and Han, their team ended up taking 2-3 turns before I got to move once that ball got rolling.

Yes, there's stronger teams but she's real easy to get to a high star ranking early on and she's useful in all modes.

She's a mainstay in my team. I expect when I get rid of her I'll also get rid of Daka.

Right now I'm rocking Phasma/FOTP/Daka/Poe/QGJ. Rank 20.

I experimented with swapping out Daka for 5* RT and lost 70 arena ranks overnight.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
For a giggle I bought 2 x chrom packs and got 2* IG86 and 4* Kylo Ren. Are either of these worth investing in gear and shard farming time for? My current farm is shard farming QGJ/Geno/JC and trying to unlock Dooku, Lumi and Sid.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Tai posted:

For a giggle I bought 2 x chrom packs and got 2* IG86 and 4* Kylo Ren. Are either of these worth investing in gear and shard farming time for? My current farm is shard farming QGJ/Geno/JC and trying to unlock Dooku, Lumi and Sid.

Kylo for sure. Maybe IG-86 once you get all the other GW toons.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Tai posted:

Both pretty good. The problem with Kylo is that, while he is great (my favorite character), he shares resources with a lot of other useful characters. For example, you might want to farm Lando for the upcoming Scoundrel event, or farm Barriss, or GS, etc.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

commish posted:

Both pretty good. The problem with Kylo is that, while he is great (my favorite character), he shares resources with a lot of other useful characters. For example, you might want to farm Lando for the upcoming Scoundrel event, or farm Barriss, or GS, etc.

Whoa there, mother fucker

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Dropped Jawa out of my Arena team for him. Still working out the best way to use him really.

My pretty bog standard tactic is to fire off Geno's special (assist) at the healer (Usually JC) followed by QGJ special (assist) if he's not dead.

QGJ special for taunt removal

Blow poo poo up.

Maybe use Kylo to keep dots on two heroes I don't plan to attack first?

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Whoa there, mother fucker

Haha you don't like Kylo?!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

commish posted:

Haha you don't like Kylo?!

As a man who grew up with the Star Wars films, I can safely say that Han was one of the most cherished characters of my childhood.

Ask me again if I like Kylo. :dogbutton:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Malgrin posted:

I feel like we need new text for the OP for our beginner's guide, but I'm too lazy to make a new thread. I'll message this to the OP and see if he'll put it in there again. I took the old thing I wrote and updated it, let me know if you think anything else should change/be in there.

Quickstart guide (this is for people looking for a tldr guide):
:words:

Any more suggestions on this before I send it on to the OP?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
2* lumi gear 5 worth having over 4* JC gear 5? Or shall I shard her up some more? Or I could drop chewi for her?

Tai fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 7, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I wish I had credits because right now I upgrade to 6 and then just let 7* happen on its own. The 1M credits for that upgrade is not cheap. Phasma and Lum are both still 6* with 100/100 shards.

Hopefully the level increase waits another month, almost done leveling all my other dudes so that will free up a lot of credits.

19 dudes at 70 and purple. About six more waiting around 40-60.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 7, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tai posted:

2* lumi gear 5 worth having over 4* JC gear 5? Or shall I shard her up some more? Or I could drop cheek for her?

Lumi rules for GW. Her and JC tandem will absolutely carry you through that poo poo.

She's also a very good Arena healer (at which JC sucks) because she throws a HOT on with her on-demand heal, has an ability block, and has naturally high damage due to be an attacker.

Level both, in short.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I run kylo, asajj, sidious, JC and lum for GW out of the gate. JC always dies first and I swap in barriss.

Lately GW has been very easy with only one or two deaths.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I never accept the death of my A-team until the last fight.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Wow, so, if you start a new game right now, it's so easy. I started Friday night, hit top 20 yesterday, and will probably hit top 5 or 10 today. The only scary teams are the people who bought the Jedi or Droid bundles, which I think there are about 5 of. I'm about 3-4 levels below the highest level person on our server. Also, GS, IG-86, and Royal Guard are great early team members for Arena. I've got GS to 2*, while IG-86 and RG are 1*, but they're already pretty decent. Going to have to farm these guys a little more.

Also, I screwed up in GW today (on real account). I have 6 somewhat beat up level 70s left, and the last match is really dumb. I've had about 5 7* 70s teams in a row, and it's just slowly worn down my teams. I should know better than to let an A-teamer die, but sometimes after 30 minutes of struggling with one fight, it seems worth it.
e: Also, Rey will should hit 5* tomorrow, and it's scary to think I've gotten fewer shards for her so far than I have left to get. On the plus side, I'm now farming 3 nodes, whereas before, I was only doing 2. RT also hit 4*, so I'm going to start leveling him up and test out Poe (L), RT, RP, Rey, and someone else here pretty soon. Still not quite sure who that 5th should be...Daka, Poggle, and Dooku all seem like the top contenders.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 8, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

Wow, so, if you start a new game right now, it's so easy. I started Friday night, hit top 20 yesterday, and will probably hit top 5 or 10 today. The only scary teams are the people who bought the Jedi or Droid bundles, which I think there are about 5 of. I'm about 3-4 levels below the highest level person on our server. Also, GS, IG-86, and Royal Guard are great early team members for Arena. I've got GS to 2*, while IG-86 and RG are 1*, but they're already pretty decent. Going to have to farm these guys a little more.

Buy a single chromium pack and take that character as your 5th.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I would be kicking rear end in Arena if I had just played the second account like a normal person and ground out GS, Sid, Lumi and QGJ.

Instead, I'm trying to be all cute and have a low-level Rebel synergy team... which is stupid, because I don't actually have Leia.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Buy a single chromium pack and take that character as your 5th.

2* Ahsoka :(

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, I would be kicking rear end in Arena if I had just played the second account like a normal person and ground out GS, Sid, Lumi and QGJ.

Instead, I'm trying to be all cute and have a low-level Rebel synergy team... which is stupid, because I don't actually have Leia.

I started doing this on my primary account, but then came to the same conclusion: without Leia, Rebels suck. Here's to hoping they add more. At least I've got 4* Biggs, 7* Luke, 5* Ackbar in case this ever becomes a thing. And to be fair, there's really not much I want out of GW rewards, so I've just kinda been waffling between feeding the shard shop, and actually starring up IG-86. With a little more speed he'd be rad.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 8, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

I started doing this on my primary account, but then came to the same conclusion: without Leia, Rebels suck. Here's to hoping they add more. At least I've got 4* Biggs, 7* Luke, 5* Ackbar in case this ever becomes a thing. And to be fair, there's really not much I want out of GW rewards, so I've just kinda been waffling between feeding the shard shop, and actually starring up IG-86. With a little more speed he'd be rad.

Yeah, I've decided to unlock all of the GW shop characters at least, which means I'm buying 5 Dathcha, 5 Tusken Raider shards/day, and throwing 5 into the shard shop every day.

Once those two are unlocked, I guess I'll go all out and get RP up?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Nut-punching pact?

Hey Malgrin? Yeah, about that 2* Ahsoka you just opened...

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I really wish ability block also blocked counter-attacks. It's ridiculous to attack Dooku and have one of his two free attacks back stun me.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Daka stun that dooku rear end in a top hat

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I feel like I should have one bookmarked already, but is there a site that shows what skills do at various levels? I hate putting a bunch of materials into +5% damage only to 'unlock' +10% damage on the next level.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Hey Malgrin? Yeah, about that 2* Ahsoka you just opened...

Hahahah. This was free though, opened a new account to mess around in, haven't spent a penny on it.

e:

Syrinxx posted:

I feel like I should have one bookmarked already, but is there a site that shows what skills do at various levels? I hate putting a bunch of materials into +5% damage only to 'unlock' +10% damage on the next level.

https://www.swgohcantina.com

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 8, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Syrinxx posted:

http://www.swgohcantina.com/

Go to the character page and it will show you what each ability does at each rank.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Oh hey bronzium gave me Hoth Rebel Soldier.

Edit:

If GW is going to be insanely hard can we get at least a temporary buff to rewards?

That IG-86 did 7,600 damage crit on his normal attack... Only thing that could survive that hit from full health was Phasma, Fives or FOST.

Then after that,

Oh okay chewbacca 66 balanced now woops entire team heal-blocked and dead.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Mar 8, 2016

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Finished of GW on my break, pretty much nothing but Poe/Han/GS pain in the rear end teams that killed of my chaff teams. Last node is Sid/QGJ/GS/IG86/JC.
Guess its time for my B team to soften them up, Asajj take one for the team, ok? Here you can take Iggy, Rey, Talia and Barriss with you. At least they are mostly lvl70, not many stars or purple though. Should manage to kill one of the enemies before going down like a bunch of wet noodles. Easy pickings for my A team.
*My B team murders the lot of them, for two losses*
:stare: well okay then.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pimpmust posted:

Finished of GW on my break, pretty much nothing but Poe/Han/GS pain in the rear end teams that killed of my chaff teams. Last node is Sid/QGJ/GS/IG86/JC.
Guess its time for my B team to soften them up, Asajj take one for the team, ok? Here you can take Iggy, Rey, Talia and Barriss with you. At least they are mostly lvl70, not many stars or purple though. Should manage to kill one of the enemies before going down like a bunch of wet noodles. Easy pickings for my A team.
*My B team murders the lot of them, for two losses*
:stare: well okay then.

:feelsgood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I don't know which one of you is rocking the level 70 Teebo but it's loving :lol:

• Locked thread