Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Captain Foo posted:

you'll find that's x-com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
RIP both lionhead studios and fable legends

even without molyneux they couldn't follow through on their promises

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Blackula69 posted:

i wonder if moly's parade of failure and the subsequent complete collapse of his personal brand led to this decision

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Al! posted:

moly's parade of failure

mods?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Al! posted:

i wonder if moly's parade of failure and the subsequent complete collapse of his personal brand led to this decision

more that molyneux's reality distortion field was a critical part of the fable pitch and the formula didn't work without it

whatever happened to that kinect kid game anyway, did that ever appear again in any form

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

bump_fn posted:

wow galax-zs art is abysmal

i seriously hate the cutscenes in galak-z. for a game that's supposed to be "80s anime like" the art style is generic Flash animation as hell

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Yodzilla posted:

i seriously hate the cutscenes in galak-z. for a game that's supposed to be "80s anime like" the art style is generic Flash animation as hell

wow, you came so close to an important truth there

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
uhh 80s sci-fi anime is cool and good

at least the art i don't give a poo poo about the stories

Apr 7, 2003

Yodzilla posted:

uhh 80s sci-fi anime is cool and good

at least the art i don't give a poo poo about the stories

So close, lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the look of the game isn't the problem, it's the roguelike loss of everything on death

Apr 7, 2003

haveblue posted:

the look of the game isn't the problem, it's the roguelike loss of everything on death

Whenever it seems like you're going to die, don't? Have you tried that?

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Blackula69 posted:

do get the expansion if you haven't

this is very important advice.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Blackula69 posted:

rip milo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tanith posted:

this is very important advice.

true.this

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
if you don't think ghost in the shell is cool, I got some bad news 4 u

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

#gameon

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
c fo4 s: finally got around to playing a melee build and it was extremely bad

think i'll just wait for the console patch to drop and reroll a lucky crit sneak sniper who gives no fucks about settlements or minutemen

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

are you reading my twitter

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
cycle without riding on a crosswalk helmetless and we won't attract the shaggar

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Blackula69 posted:

are you reading my twitter

yes

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

2spooky

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think we made fun of Den Tandt together like a year ago

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

i know i follow some yospos people but i have no idea of the connection between the forums and your other online personae

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
March 7, 2016 -- Valve has announced plans to debut "The Lab," a compilation of new VR experiments, at next week's Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, CA. Set in a pocket universe of Aperture Science, "The Lab" offers multiple ways to enjoy room-scale VR. It will be offered free of charge via Steam this spring. More information will be made available next week at GDC.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

haveblue posted:

see i think that's my biggest problem with Galak-Z, I only died four times in the course of the game so it didn't really feel like a roguelike to me. the upgrades weren't that interesting and every run was mostly the same and once I got the robot combat became extremely trivial to cheese

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

can't believe i just found out about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f-ubrlPj20

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kenny Logins posted:

can't believe i just found out about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f-ubrlPj20

Rocket League is one of the best games out right now in terms of how easy it is to have tons of fun + staying power

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

mad.radhu posted:

Rocket League is one of the best games out right now in terms of how easy it is to have tons of fun + staying power
i got it on ps+ for free and didn't really play past the tutorial. might have to give it another shot

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Kenny Logins posted:

i got it on ps+ for free and didn't really play past the tutorial. might have to give it another shot

wtf

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i tried out the iOS game "Clash Royal" which is some hybrid hearthstone and tower defense game

tutorial went fine

did a live match that im assuming evenly matches you against people and got my poo poo stomped in immediately - like the guys troops were leveled way higher than mine (lvl 2 at best from the tutorial freebies) and blech

uninstalled, poo poo user experience

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Phone posted:

if you don't think ghost in the shell is cool, I got some bad news 4 u

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v1v0t8Q5xg

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
lol PIZZA!!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhvhmtUS128 :allears:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

haveblue posted:

whatever happened to that kinect kid game anyway, did that ever appear again in any form

it was completely fake so i don't think anybody even attempted to make a prototype or poc

lol, can't wait for molyneux to come back in a few years with a whole new vr experience that will change lives and also solve world hunger

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Radio Paranoia posted:

it was completely fake so i don't think anybody even attempted to make a prototype or poc

lol, can't wait for molyneux to come back in a few years with a whole new vr experience that will change lives and also solve world hunger
it will be a giant virtual onion that players will have to chew through, each layer requiring better set of teeth implants

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

moly is the real world manifestation of the soup from a stone guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Kenny Logins posted:

http://yal.cc/r/terrasavr/

only way is to burn out the infection

i still haven't really played 1.3 through so i'll probably fall victim too, eventually

nah it's still fun and decent progression
just hit hard mode last night aww yiss

• Locked thread