Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I want skins for the HW villains of the Oracle villains and Agahnim like they are obviously supposed to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

I want skins for the HW villains of the Oracle villains and Agahnim like they are obviously supposed to be

I would rather just have the oracle villains as characters, because we need more playable villains dammit.

I will begrudgingly accept a veran skin for agitha in the mean time.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

It's coming in the Oracle games DLC pack, which is the 3rd one, along with Maple the witch, the Rod of Seasons, the animal flute, and a Subrosia themed level, and Groose, who is already in the game at this point, will get a Ralph costume.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope there is an announcement soon on whether the hyrule warriors legends dlc will be exclusive to legends or available for the wii u version too

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Okay, so let's assume they lead with Groose. Where do they go from there?

Well, Twilight Princess just got re-released. People are playing it again. Demand is strong, it's time for Malo to join the fight! Just a... just a big loving bobbleheaded baby with no lower jaw that fights with rupees and can put on the Magic Armor to make enemies drop more.

I'd like to see Din, but Volga already has the fire thing down. Nayru wouldn't be in because she has a harp and that's already accounted for. They'll probably do something weird like making the Happy Mask Salesman playable. Or worse, they'll throw in Yuga's forgettable rear end.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope there is an announcement soon on whether the hyrule warriors legends dlc will be exclusive to legends or available for the wii u version too

We don't know yet. They didn't say it was exclusive though.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

SeANMcBAY posted:

We don't know yet. They didn't say it was exclusive though.

That's probably why [s]he wants an announcement about it.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Where the gently caress is my Malon fighter

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

FirstAidKite posted:

New playable characters will likely come for both. Of the rest however, only the Adventure Maps and the costumes for the Wii U base characters are the ones that has the greatest chance of coming to the Wii U version. The rest are varying degrees of very unlikely to impossible.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

With literally everyone whining about Saria I'd be surprised if she didn't get in

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Also, is it just me, or is Ganondorf's boss theme insanely good in this game? I prefer it more than the version that plays whenever Ganon is the boss.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What level should I be if I'm going for the rupee glitch? I saw a video where a person was doing it at level 129, but I'm only level 59 with lana using the summoning gate with rupees+ on it and I can still kill the gohma with one dragon ride but I've been trying for almost an hour and haven't been able to trigger the glitch. Do you need to be able to kill it faster for the glitch to work?

e: yay, I was hoping for irony to strike by letting me get the glitch finally but only after asking for advice! :v:

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 7, 2016

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Sounds like you already got it, but level doesn't seem to matter for anything regarding the glitch except for making attempts go faster up to a point I guess. Being able to kill it faster doesn't matter either because you can trigger the glitch even if you have to use multiple knockdowns on Gohma to do it. The only elements that seem truly important are having Rupees+ on the weapon, keeping your earned rupees in the level as low as possible before the Gohma kill, and generating other rupee drops at the same time the boss dying generates its rupee drops.

Anyway, when the Legends characters are available to be downloaded for the WiiU game, I'll probably try triggering the glitch with them to see if it still works after all this time, though I don't know if I'll bother to record videos this time or not.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh my god the great fairy weapon is amazing

e: how exactly does the NNID stuff work for this game? You just add someone, and then sometimes they'll show up in your game or something, or what? Do they need to be actively playing or can it be anybody who owns a copy of it or what?

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 7, 2016

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The answer is probably "we don't know", but is there any word on whether all of the skins from the WiiU version will be on the 3DS? I liked some of those.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
They said the Ganon skin that you get with the Legends Season Pass will transfer, so I'm assuming all the skins and characters will transfer.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm pretty sure they just said that Ganondorf's new trident weapon would transfer with the characters and not the skin.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm pretty sure they just said that Ganondorf's new trident weapon would transfer with the characters and not the skin.

you are correct and I am dumb. So yes, the answer is "We don't know"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

That's transferring from the 3DS to the WiiU. I'm curious about the other way around, like the Skyward Sword preorder skins or the mask ones and such from the DLC.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

FirstAidKite posted:

Oh my god the great fairy weapon is amazing

e: how exactly does the NNID stuff work for this game? You just add someone, and then sometimes they'll show up in your game or something, or what? Do they need to be actively playing or can it be anybody who owns a copy of it or what?

Been a while and I don't recall the details, but AFAIK- as long as you're connected to the internet, you'll randomly get different colored Links appearing on random spots in the adventure map. These maps have high-level enemies and somewhat randomized content, and if you win you get 50000 rupees and a random high-rank weapon in addition to whatever you loot in the mission itself. If you're friends with someone, their network link is more likely to show up, you get better rewards from beating the mission, and when you do the next time they play a map they get the equivalent to the +xp potion for free.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Bruceski posted:

That's transferring from the 3DS to the WiiU. I'm curious about the other way around, like the Skyward Sword preorder skins or the mask ones and such from the DLC.

You find all skins in Adventure Mode in Legends, even the Courage, Wisdom, and Power skins... and the Boss Pack skins.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

You find all skins in Adventure Mode in Legends, even the Courage, Wisdom, and Power skins... and the Boss Pack skins.

Oh goody. I don't mind re-earning them as long as I don't need to re-buy them. (ones that may be in DLC adventure maps don't count)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Are they gonna have stuff like heart containers and extra skins for the previously DLC characters be part of the adventure map? I was sad that I couldn't get extra stuff for characters like Tingle and Twili Midna before, but if you start with them then that would be good to have.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

mabels big day posted:

Are they gonna have stuff like heart containers and extra skins for the previously DLC characters be part of the adventure map? I was sad that I couldn't get extra stuff for characters like Tingle and Twili Midna before, but if you start with them then that would be good to have.

Yeah they added those to the adventure maps for Legends.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

Yeah they added those to the adventure maps for Legends.

Cool. They have alt costumes too? It seems like a no brainer to give Tingle colors based on Knuckle, Ankle, and David Jr

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Can the wolf link amiibo unlock the spinner in regular hyrule warriors?

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
I think that it gives you Midna weapons.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Cool. They have alt costumes too? It seems like a no brainer to give Tingle colors based on Knuckle, Ankle, and David Jr

Twili Midna, Young Link, and Tingle all get skins in Legends (I have seen a Tingle skin that's one of the three you've mentioned), mostly because they are now part of the base package instead of being DLC and will be treated as part of the base package when it comes to future Legends DLC. As Tingle can be an enemy commander in Legends as well, I'm gonna make a guess and say that they drop unique materials too.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Are all of the DLC Adventure Mode mode maps from the Wii U version included in the base game in HW Legends?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Dunban posted:

Are all of the DLC Adventure Mode mode maps from the Wii U version included in the base game in HW Legends?

Yes. You start with the original Adventure Map, then unlock the Wind Waker Map after beating the original map's Demon King. Beating the Wind Waker Map's Demon King unlocks the Master Quest map, and beating Master Quest's Demon King unlocks both the Twilight Princess and Termina Maps. Due to this, all the maps have been rebalanced so you no longer need to grind an absurd amount of levels to face the Twilight Map's challenges.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Folt The Bolt posted:

Yes. You start with the original Adventure Map, then unlock the Wind Waker Map after beating the original map's Demon King. Beating the Wind Waker Map's Demon King unlocks the Master Quest map, and beating Master Quest's Demon King unlocks both the Twilight Princess and Termina Maps. Due to this, all the maps have been rebalanced so you no longer need to grind an absurd amount of levels to face the Twilight Map's challenges.

Are A ranks no longer a massive stressful pain in the rear end to get?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Zaggitz posted:

Are A ranks no longer a massive stressful pain in the rear end to get?

You still have to watch how much damage you take if that's what you ask for. However, I'd estimate that the Twilight Princess and Termina Maps will be about as difficult as the red-zone missions of the original Wii U Adventure Maps.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

My God, and there's new DLC on top of that? I'm NEVER going to be done with the game!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
You could just be like me and give up on the WiiU version and refuse to buy the 3ds copy :smug:

Koei aint got poo poo on me.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Dizz posted:

You could just be like me and give up on the WiiU version and refuse to buy the 3ds copy :smug:

Koei aint got poo poo on me.

This is pretty much me. I enjoyed this game while I played it, but thought of going back to it, with all the bullshit that is in it is more than I can handle.

Though if they rebalance the maps in the WiiU version (doubtful) then I'll probably go back.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
There would have been a very good chance if they just allowed save transfer [Maybe also do balance parity with the WiiU] and DLC sync with the Console and Handheld port then I would have bought it. Playing handheld and then coming home and syncing my save would have been super convenient.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Folt The Bolt posted:

Oh, thank god for that. I never really got that far into the Majora's Mask map because the amount of grinding required was just ridiculous.

Though I have a feeling it's gonna happen again with the new DLC.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

This fairy level 3 mission can gently caress off. Best time I've done is 16:15, I just can't kill things fast enough.

Where's a good place to grind out a 5 star level 2 fairy?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Always remember that you have access to the apothecary. That helped me out a bunch with that mission, and a few others too where I felt like I wasn't able to deal damage quickly enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

The what? Is that the potions mixing thing?

any particular mix you'd recommend?

• Locked thread