Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Montasque posted:

Rubio camp pissed at CNN:
https://twitter.com/AlexConant/status/706995873310445568

CNN are sticking to the story.

Which story was this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i think it's been clear since ST that the only way someone other than donald trump got the nomination was if they got to a brokered convention. unless he loses florida and ohio i don't see how even that can happen, and he's probably going to win both, but a lot can happen in 8 days

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I don't think many people believe Trump is a Klansman at his core, but for someone whose rallies were turning starting to attract a lot of explicit white supremacist support, he was never going to get any room on that answer.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So when Trump moves to the general, will how he intends to know if someone is a Muslim or not finally be asked?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

TyrantWD posted:

I don't think many people believe Trump is a Klansman at his core, but for someone whose rallies were turning starting to attract a lot of explicit white supremacist support, he was never going to get any room on that answer.

No, that's fair and I agree with that

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Brannock posted:

Which story was this?

CNN has a story about some of Rubio's advisors wanting him to get out before Florida:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/07/politics/marco-rubio-campaign-weighs-getting-out/index.html

Rick Wilson, anti-Trump/Rubio-boot licker is blaming ANOTHER CAMPAIGN(Roger Stone):

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/706996097437343745

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

TyrantWD posted:

Because we all know terrorists are above lying.

One single time is quite substantial. It's like being asked about Hitler and the Nazis. You can be asked the question 1,000,000 times and saying that you need to look into them and do some research first is never going to be acceptable, not even once.

The disingenuous internet leftist expectation of absolute perfection at all times, combined with the ability to selectively ignore absolutely all context and evidence that doesn't support the conclusion they already wanted to be reality, is incredibly stupid. Any sensible human being with a moderately functional language center and ability to comprehend basic concepts could look at his loud, inarguably unambiguous disawowals of David Duke and the Ku Klux Klan (and even pretending for a second that any major presidential candidate in 2016 would ever accept support from white supremacists is also disingenuous; please do not claim for a second that you ever sincerely thought this was true) both before and after the CNN interview and see that technical difficulties with an earpiece are a perfectly reasonable explanation for bobbling one question embarrassingly one time.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Brannock posted:

Which story was this?

That some of Rubio's senior advisers want him to drop out now.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
I really want Rubio to lose Florida just for the Rick Wilson/Liz Mair twitter meltdowns. I need to get off the internet for a few hours, no human should care about twitter meltdowns.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

evilweasel posted:

That some of Rubio's senior advisers want him to drop out now.

I thought Rubio already said he isn't running for Governor so why would he even consider dropping out.

On the other hand, I guess being a lying sack of poo poo is a prerequisite for GOP politicians.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

The disingenuous internet leftist expectation of absolute perfection at all times, combined with the ability to selectively ignore absolutely all context and evidence that doesn't support the conclusion they already wanted to be reality, is incredibly stupid. Any sensible human being with a moderately functional language center and ability to comprehend basic concepts could look at his loud, inarguably unambiguous disawowals of David Duke and the Ku Klux Klan (and even pretending for a second that any major presidential candidate in 2016 would ever accept support from white supremacists is also disingenuous; please do not claim for a second that you ever sincerely thought this was true) both before and after the CNN interview and see that technical difficulties with an earpiece are a perfectly reasonable explanation for bobbling one question embarrassingly one time.

A one second slip of the tongue, sure - chalk that up to technical difficulties, but the length of the conversation made it look like Trump was trying to avoid offending the white supremacist support that had latched on to his campaign because he just wants anyone's vote as long as he wins.

It would be like Hillary responding to a question and being very dismissive of the part Wall Street played in the 2008 recession - when everyone is already worried about her close ties to them. It doesn't matter if she spends the other 99% of the time saying she will crack down on those corrupt bastards who are screwing the middle class. If you play in to people's worst fears about you, even accidentally - no one is going to give you a break for that. That's how the game works.

There are certain mistakes that certain candidates are allowed to make, and a race related mistake was not going to fly for Trump. On a personal level, Trump is probably the most tolerant candidate that took part in the Republican primaries, but he has shown a willingness to win "badly", and its fine for people to hold it against him.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

and even pretending for a second that any major presidential candidate in 2016 would ever accept support from white supremacists is also disingenuous

lmao if you honest to god think Trump isn't courting the white nationalist vote.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Venom Snake posted:

lmao if you honest to god think Trump isn't courting the white nationalist vote.

Courting is a very, very generous term for it

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
So Rubio makes it to Florida, finishes 4th, drops out - his delegates instantly become unbound right? So, how hard is it to get all those unbound delegates to abstain or vote Not-Trump/Not-Cruz on the first ballot? Could we just be in a situation where Trump and Cruz give up on the last few states to try to win over unbounds?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I can't stop laughing please send help

quote:

The main topic at the closed-to-the-press confab? How to stop Republican front-runner Donald Trump.

Apple CEO Tim Cook, Google co-founder Larry Page, Napster creator and Facebook investor Sean Parker, and Tesla Motors and SpaceX honcho Elon Musk all attended.

quote:

"A specter was haunting the World Forum--the specter of Donald Trump," [Bill] Kristol wrote in an emailed report from the conference

quote:

A highlight of the gathering was a presentation by Rove about focus group findings on Trump. The business mogul's greatest weakness, according to Rove, was that voters have a very hard time envisioning him as "presidential" and as somebody their children should look up to. They also see him as somebody who can be erratic and shouldn't have his (small) fingers anywhere near a nuclear trigger.

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

TyrantWD posted:

A one second slip of the tongue, sure - chalk that up to technical difficulties, but the length of the conversation made it look like Trump was trying to avoid offending the white supremacist support that had latched on to his campaign because he just wants anyone's vote as long as he wins.

It would be like Hillary responding to a question and being very dismissive of the part Wall Street played in the 2008 recession - when everyone is already worried about her close ties to them. It doesn't matter if she spends the other 99% of the time saying she will crack down on those corrupt bastards who are screwing the middle class. If you play in to people's worst fears about you, even accidentally - no one is going to give you a break for that. That's how the game works.

There are certain mistakes that certain candidates are allowed to make, and a race related mistake was not going to fly for Trump. On a personal level, Trump is probably the most tolerant candidate that took part in the Republican primaries, but he has shown a willingness to win "badly", and its fine for people to hold it against him.

Please take your ADD meds, reread Brannock, and try again.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Oh wow, Trump is running attack ads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pvirKqHy1g

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

*Elon Musk worriedly rubs his chin* I really think we should just go all in on the small hands thing

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

What's way more unsettling to me is the implication that all of those tech oligarchs support the GOP.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
ham rove is at it again!!!!

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
After all these years, Karl Rove still has a job. And they're turning to him for answers.

Just think about that for a second.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

pathetic little tramp posted:

So Rubio makes it to Florida, finishes 4th, drops out - his delegates instantly become unbound right? So, how hard is it to get all those unbound delegates to abstain or vote Not-Trump/Not-Cruz on the first ballot? Could we just be in a situation where Trump and Cruz give up on the last few states to try to win over unbounds?

Unless something's gone very wrong Trump will be throwing all in on the last few states to make sure he wins a majority, which will make those unbound delegates irrelevant.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Donald Trump's hands is the greatest loving thing.

I love that our politics has come down to this.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

and even pretending for a second that any major presidential candidate in 2016 would ever accept support from white supremacists is also disingenuous; please do not claim for a second that you ever sincerely thought this was true

But Trump isn't just any major candidate, that's his whole deal. You could be saying this about a bunch of stuff he's done and said.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Slate Action posted:

After all these years, Karl Rove still has a job. And they're turning to him for answers.

Just think about that for a second.

This turd blossom just won't wilt.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

I hope Trump cites this when talking about how the elites are trying to screw America

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

If we ever needed to prove there's no shadowy conspiracy running the world behind the scenes...

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

It's like the illuminati but really incompetent and flailing around aimlessly.

Should feed well into the conspiracy theories that some people have about shadowy cabals of billionaires meeting in secret trying to control elections/government.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im most amused that Karl Rove is stilled referred to as a "political guru."

i guess "professional money-sink" doesnt roll off the tongue

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

paranoid randroid posted:

is tiny-faced troglodyte puppeteer too nice?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Mister Fister posted:

It was the year when they finally immanentized the Eschaton.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Karl "toxic asset" Rove

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

paranoid randroid posted:

Well if they called him a moron then that would implicitly make those who listen to him even dumber and we can't have that because these are captains of industry.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Joementum posted:

It was the year when they finally immanentized the Eschaton.

The NWO controlling these billionaires WANT us to think they're against Trump :tinfoil:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
More Bloomberg maps! (Bloomberg states are in green)

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/707008599340490754

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mister Fister posted:

Should feed well into the conspiracy theories that some people have about shadowy cabals of billionaires meeting in secret trying to control elections/government.

It's funny how this election has seemingly disproved the old conspiracy theories. There might be shadowy cabals, but they're weirdly weak and ineffectual.

How do Oregon and Vermont go to Bloomberg?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Actually, this portion was the most interesting thing:

quote:

Sources familiar with the meeting -- who requested anonymity because the forum is off the record -- said that much of the conversation around Trump centered on "how this happened, rather than how are we going to stop him," as one person put it.

Wonder if they came to the right conclusion or if they're out of touch, because this poo poo is going to happen more often if they (and i mean both dems and reps) keep trotting out establishment shills and jobs become more and more scarce.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Slate Action posted:

More Bloomberg maps! (Bloomberg states are in green)

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/707008599340490754
Even Bloomberg's insane map had Minnesota go blue.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Edit: I'm an idiot and this was already brought up

Pepe Silvia Browne fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
That's really dumb, Minnesotans don't like Trump very much and very few people even know who Bloomberg is much less want to vote for him.

• Locked thread