Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Between general married adult life... and like, just having games on other consoles/PC to play, I never actually play all the PS+ games from a given month. So I've always got games from the "good" months still backed up to play, which I need a subscription to do, so keeping my PS+ subscription is good in my book. And I only have a PS3!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Faux Mulder posted:

It does happen since the whole level is simulated all the time in Spelunky, e.g. you can throw a rock, set off a dart trap off-screen and the dart will traverse the entire level until it hits something. Normally enemy projectiles have a limited range, though, and things like dart or crush traps only activate when something moves in a certain radius which is less than the screen size.

Yeah, that's a big difference i've found in Galak-Z (played it on PC): Due to the way combat is balanced, and the camera is set, most of the shots will be coming at you off-screen in it. You'll have a general indication of the rough direction due to the enemy arrows, but dim purple arrows on a black background mean it's easy to not clearly see them, and the arrows are super inaccurate as well.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

MisterAlex posted:

You're not lying. My roommate and I decided to give it a go today, and it was a blast. The only problem was that the game apparently likes to briefly pause controller input from time to time, and that's pretty annoying since it usually means one or both of us get killed.

Yeah that little pause is annoying. It seems to happen 5-10 seconds into a level.

I'm playing it mostly couch coop with my 10 year old. He loves the style and we have a lot of laughs playing it. Good bonding time. Plus, I get to explain who all of the Bros are lol.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

MisterAlex posted:

It isn't dumb. I started the game, and then we turned on a second controller. My roommate selected his own login, and his progress was tracked and stored to his own account. His earned trophies apply to his PSN account rather than mine or nobody's. Also, for games like Helldivers where there's account-based DLC, visiting a friend's home and signing in with my account grants access to my purchased add-ons.

I meant the guest thing, it makes sense if the other person has an account for the reasons you said. I'd just like to have two controllers using the same account. It'd make using Remote Play as just a remote screen, and using the connected DS4 as the controller, nice and easy too.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Is there somewhere that sells Canadian PSN wallet cards with online delivery and no markup? PSN decided to stop accepting my credit card today for no particular reason.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Armor-Piercing posted:

Is there somewhere that sells Canadian PSN wallet cards with online delivery and no markup? PSN decided to stop accepting my credit card today for no particular reason.

I don't think so for online delivery, but try buying your item(s) or funding your wallet through your console instead of the webstore and see if that works.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

No luck on console, the web store, or SEN account management. The best part is that even if I deleted my credit card and added paypal it would still say my credit card information is incorrect.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Armor-Piercing posted:

No luck on console, the web store, or SEN account management. The best part is that even if I deleted my credit card and added paypal it would still say my credit card information is incorrect.

It bugs out like this sometimes, and will fix itself in a few days. :soe:

Does Amazon.ca not sell PSN codes digitally? Amazon.co.uk does it for UK codes.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Lemon-Lime posted:

Does Amazon.ca not sell PSN codes digitally? Amazon.co.uk does it for UK codes.

They do not. I have a sneaking suspicion it's to discourage massive poaching by U.S. buyers since the tanked Canadian Dollar makes quite a few titles significantly cheaper when you factor in the exchange rate.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anybody get their 15 dollar rebate from the promotion last week yet? how long do those usually take, 2-3 wks?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Yeah that little pause is annoying. It seems to happen 5-10 seconds into a level.

I'm playing it mostly couch coop with my 10 year old. He loves the style and we have a lot of laughs playing it. Good bonding time. Plus, I get to explain who all of the Bros are lol.

My girlfriend dislikes video games but she rather enjoys the screaming narrator and all the playable little guys in Broforce. All in all it was a pretty fun time burning through it in like a day.

The last bro I got was either Highlander or Raiden just before the final boss, did I miss any? And why on earth did they throw in Raiden when every other bro is an action movie character (Mortal Kombat the movie hardly counts)?

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
I assume it's to honor Christopher Lambert.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Wolfsheim posted:

(Mortal Kombat the movie hardly counts)?

It's literally that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_(film)#Cast

First billing. ;)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Real hurthling! posted:

anybody get their 15 dollar rebate from the promotion last week yet? how long do those usually take, 2-3 wks?
The promo details said we'd receive the code on or before March 8.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Minidust posted:

Between general married adult life... and like, just having games on other consoles/PC to play, I never actually play all the PS+ games from a given month. So I've always got games from the "good" months still backed up to play, which I need a subscription to do, so keeping my PS+ subscription is good in my book. And I only have a PS3!

I never play any of them because I'm not interested in them. I play a lot of other games though and enjoy my free time.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I sat down and put an hour or so into Broforce today and two things stand out:

1) holy poo poo that controller problem. In the level where you start by getting shelled from above, the controller bug really fucks you.

2)Broforce is really loving fun, like REALLY fun.

March was absolutely a great ps+ month for Broforce alone

Has anyone had any luck playing online? Both times I tried the level loaded and the camera went wonky, and all the vehicle and enemy sprites dropped through the floor?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Also apparently the Broforce devs hate the bone?

https://twitter.com/free_lives/status/694529754213584897

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

They are right to do so.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

due to microsofts indie policies they would have had to add an xbox specific thing since they didnt release there first.

the transition from battle toads to battle broads was a bit more messy than either party would have liked.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hey if you are having Broforce troubles fill out this survey for the Dev to track issues plz, I want dat controller patch

https://twitter.com/free_lives/status/705033036698656768

Last Broforce post for a while I promise

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 8, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

univbee posted:

They do not. I have a sneaking suspicion it's to discourage massive poaching by U.S. buyers since the tanked Canadian Dollar makes quite a few titles significantly cheaper when you factor in the exchange rate.

Can't be that, its been that way since the Cdn dollar was higher/at par.

I'd just buy cards at eb games unless you live in the middle of nowhere.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Hey if you are having Broforce troubles fill out this survey for the Dev to track issues plz, I want dat controller patch

https://twitter.com/free_lives/status/705033036698656768

Last Broforce post for a while I promise

why do they need a survey? aside from someone maybe using a 3rd party controller (shouldnt matter) the whole point of a console is you dont need to do poo poo like this with your users

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
if broforce has issues then your ps4 is female. please note the markings on the underside of the drive cover

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
ed: double post somehow

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Awesome! posted:

why do they need a survey? aside from someone maybe using a 3rd party controller (shouldnt matter) the whole point of a console is you dont need to do poo poo like this with your users

I don't know/care why they need it, I just want the controller bug fixed

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Yoya posted:

if broforce has issues then your ps4 is female. please note the markings on the underside of the drive cover

What a post to make on international womens day

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I like the "if you are having issues" part, as if it's not a universal problem.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Armor-Piercing posted:

I've been using https://www.pcgamesupply.com without issue for a while now.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I couldn't get it to work myself, but there's a bunch of Euro people claiming they can buy Minecraft PS4 for 4 instead of full price by using this link on the web store. It's the update package in case you owned Minecraft on PS3 or Vita, but as it turns out, it seems to activate just fine even if you don't own either of those. Again, couldn't get it to work myself but it may just be the PSN store being poo poo and not allowing me to buy anything in the first place.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Saoshyant posted:

I couldn't get it to work myself, but there's a bunch of Euro people claiming they can buy Minecraft PS4 for 4€ instead of full price by using this link on the web store. It's the update package in case you owned Minecraft on PS3 or Vita, but as it turns out, it seems to activate just fine even if you don't own either of those. Again, couldn't get it to work myself but it may just be the PSN store being poo poo and not allowing me to buy anything in the first place.

Worked for me. Redirected me to the UK store and is now installed. Cost £4.49. Thanks for the heads up!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I apparently will have had a PS4 for a year in April. Where's the cheapest place to renew PS+?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

RBA Starblade posted:

I apparently will have had a PS4 for a year in April. Where's the cheapest place to renew PS+?

Bloodborne bros? :hf: mine runs out in 2 days and am wondering the same.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

Usually goons are quick to post here or in the video games deals thread when a random PS+ deal comes up. I think you're gonna have to pay full price for now. It's only around Black Friday and Christmas that the cards always go on sale, usually up to ten bux off.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Cartoon Man posted:

Usually goons are quick to post here or in the video games deals thread when a random PS+ deal comes up. I think you're gonna have to pay full price for now. It's only around Black Friday and Christmas that the cards always go on sale, usually up to ten bux off.

There was one a few weeks back on eBay as well, and I've noticed they pop up from time to time. $40 is the best you're going to find from what I've seen.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I have to the end of March so I'll just keep an eye out then. Thanks! It wouldn't be possible to get a PS points gift card on sale and use that to buy it through the store would it?

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

And as always, importing a PS Plus code from Canada is always an option as long as the dollar is in your favor. They cost $50 in both countries and Canada's dollar costs 25% less than the US dollar right now, so that's a pretty good savings. PS Plus cards from either country can work in either country. PSN funds cards, however, are country-locked.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Oh, all of the sales and such are up early again! I could get used to this. Who here is as excited as I am for an ASSASSIN'S CREED sale ????

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

barren_sky posted:

Oh, all of the sales and such are up early again! I could get used to this. Who here is as excited as I am for an ASSASSIN'S CREED sale ????

I feel like this franchise was on sale very recently. I can't even think of any games I really want on sale right now.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

This sale is just weird.

Unity and Syndicate are the same price.

Black Flag is cheaper for the PS4 version than the PS3 version. :psyduck:

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax is also 34% off, although an important note is that the Vita version is blocked on the PSTV (I tested both the English and Japanese versions) so bear that in mind.

Xbox has a spring sale kicking off in 2 weeks so it's possible PSN has something similar lined up for the not-too-distant future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

univbee posted:

This sale is just weird.

Unity and Syndicate are the same price.

Black Flag is cheaper for the PS4 version than the PS3 version. :psyduck:

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax is also 34% off, although an important note is that the Vita version is blocked on the PSTV (I tested both the English and Japanese versions) so bear that in mind.

Xbox has a spring sale kicking off in 2 weeks so it's possible PSN has something similar lined up for the not-too-distant future.

Considering the price for Syndicate and Black Flag, they are telling you to get those and ignore the rest. Both are great games by the way, even if Assassin Creed fatigue is a real problem.

• Locked thread