Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Ariza posted:

What sport should people care about Jastiger? Video game contests (that's a sport now)? Competitive eating? Soccer? Curling?

Have you seen Curling? I watched 5 minutes of that poo poo during Sochi. Non-stop yelling every go. poo poo was intense.

For actual content, here's what you get when you youtube curling accident: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh7GmDIKM5c&t=62s (Skip to the minute mark)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I believe Ping Pong is the sport of champions, thank you very much:

(cleanup shadenfreude?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aU8STWKB2I

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Jastiger posted:

Anything but baseball. Every sport has its lulls. But I can't think of another major sport in the US that you can spend your entire time on the field standing in engaged and still win. Even in Soccer your goalie can be a part of an offensive to reset the ball.

Baseball, only 3 people are required every play. The pitcher, the batter, and the catcher. Everyone else could be snoozing. It's also superstitious which is silly. Lastly it doesn't use technology to properly officiate, so you get snap calls that mean your team wins or loses on literally a whim. No recourse no review just lol, the sun was in my eye so you're out.

Not only are you an obnoxious rear end in a top hat, you're wrong. Baseball has had replay since 2008.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

This video cuts too early. And, I say this as the youngest sibling - that kid totally deserves it. You know when you throw a tantrum and do something dumb as gently caress that you are dead, and you see the change in your bro/sis's eyes when they decide to kick your rear end. This was that moment.

May all of the older siblings in this thread be pleased with this offering.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

syscall girl posted:

Sometimes people use their portable telephones to take photographs of interesting things happening around them. Just saiyan

"I hope my camera can focus on this bat flying 40mph at my head" -final last words

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

zakharov posted:

Not only are you an obnoxious rear end in a top hat, you're wrong. Baseball has had replay since 2008.

I stand corrected it was started in 2008 weak sauce and for real in 2014. Doesn't mean the rest of what I said is untrue.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Jastiger posted:

Anything but baseball. Every sport has its lulls. But I can't think of another major sport in the US that you can spend your entire time on the field standing in engaged and still win. Even in Soccer your goalie can be a part of an offensive to reset the ball.

Baseball, only 3 people are required every play. The pitcher, the batter, and the catcher. Everyone else could be snoozing. It's also superstitious which is silly. Lastly it doesn't use technology to properly officiate, so you get snap calls that mean your team wins or loses on literally a whim. No recourse no review just lol, the sun was in my eye so you're out.

You just don't know how to watch baseball.

In the stadium you're not supposed to sit in somber silence and give your undivided attention to the pitcher scratching his balls before the next pitch. You drink beer, cheer with the crowd, chat with your friends, or send a couple texts in between plays.

Outside the stadium you don't watch baseball. You half-listen to it as background noise while doing something else.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jastiger posted:

I stand corrected it was started in 2008 weak sauce and for real in 2014. Doesn't mean the rest of what I said is untrue.

as we all know, based on your posting, your favorite sport is watching southern black people being murdered

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Alaois posted:

as we all know, based on your posting, your favorite sport is watching southern black people being murdered

What's that called?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ariza posted:

What's that called?

NCAA football.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

NCAA football.

GOT IT IN 1

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

NCAA football.

Beaten but that's right.

Also look, even baseball fans recognize it's boring and stupid, and you go there to hang with friends, not enjoy the sport. Jastiger wins

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jastiger posted:

At least it's not cricket.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

syscall girl posted:

At least it's not cricket.

?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKXLSbmoYlE

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

NCAA football.

Holky gently caress

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

To be fair, the kid could have just been looking at something for a minute. Not likely, but we should give the kid the benefit of the doubt. It wouldn't take that long for a bat to fly into the stands.

No you see, it's a sign that the iGeneration is a bunch of brain-dead zombies glued to their phones who don't see the world any more because they're too busy taking selfies. Also have you tried my new recipe for tuna casserole Sharon it's DIVINE

chitoryu12 has a new favorite as of 02:22 on Mar 8, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Canemacar posted:

You just don't know how to watch baseball.

In the stadium you're not supposed to sit in somber silence and give your undivided attention to the pitcher scratching his balls before the next pitch. You drink beer, cheer with the crowd, chat with your friends, or send a couple texts in between plays.

Outside the stadium you don't watch baseball. You half-listen to it as background noise while doing something else.

You're supposed to yell at the players and try to goad them into a fist fight with you while avoiding being caught and kicked out of the stadium. You win baseball if you manage to not get your rear end kicked but actually do manage to start a fight with a player.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That kid should be sent to the gulags for the crime of looking at his phone at a baseball game.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Okay so I've been taking notes for when I bring my kids to a baseball game. Tell me if I've missed anything?

-Drink beer, make my kids try it
-Order Hotdog Sandwiches for us all
-Put ketchup on sandwiches
-Being a cupcake, say "hey kids does this cupcake smell funny" then mash the cupcake in their face when they give it a whiff.
-Order an extra large pop for us all
-If a baseball/bat flies at us, let it pelt whoever is unfortunate to get in the way no matter who it is.

I can't wait to have an all-American day out with my kids!

e: Failarmy for 1st week of March don't recall seeing it posted, I'm sure someone did. But here it is anyways because there's some good ones in there.

Stringbean has a new favorite as of 01:06 on Mar 8, 2016

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

LOL Dude you got SERVED!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Stringbean posted:

Okay so I've been taking notes for when I bring my kids to a baseball game. Tell me if I've missed anything?

-Being a cupcake, say "hey kids does this cupcake smell funny" then mash the cupcake in their face when they give it a whiff.
-If a baseball/bat flies at us, let it pelt whoever is unfortunate to get in the way no matter who it is.

e: Failarmy for 1st week of March don't recall seeing it posted, I'm sure someone did. But here it is anyways because there's some good ones in there.

I detect no sarcasm here, other than you didn't mention open carrying.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Stringbean posted:

Are you going to tip the guy that gives you the hotdog?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Every sport is boring as poo poo except maybe hockey and basketball.

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

A bris should be a spectator sport.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Krispy Kareem posted:

Every sport is boring as poo poo except maybe hockey and basketball.

Basketball is super boring too.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Stringbean posted:

Try to accomplish the "complete game": one hot dog and one beer per inning.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Jastiger posted:

The real schadenfreude is anyone taking pleasure in my misery of having to read a grown-rear end man use a meme like weak sauce in tyool (:ironicat:) 2016.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Gropiemon posted:

A bris should be a spectator sport.

It is. Well, traditionally it's a celebration with lots of guests, who watch if they want.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Bobby Digital posted:

Try to accomplish the "complete game": one hot dog and one beer per inning.

Then drive.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Hold on guys I want to give you my unique take on what sports are worth watching *wetly farts into pants leaving stain on chair*

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

How dare you.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Stringbean posted:

I'm only having a problem with you asking your child to smell you, what with being a cupcake and all.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Best Sport:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozoTzkCeO-A

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

So whose your favorite baseball team?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Ragequit posted:

(cleanup shadenfreude?)

That bucket is so happy!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Stringbean posted:

I really appreciated the "NO ONE DIED!" caption on the really dramatic car crash. I feel like there should be aftermath notes on a lot of these: broken wrist, twisted ankle, skin graft on butt.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Krispy Kareem posted:

So whose your favorite baseball team?

Any of the Original Six teams. Soooo, the Savanah No Blacks?

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

Ok Fella posted:

It's boring as he'll I'll agree with you but going to games is a lot of fun.

That reminds me of some personal shadenfreude: I lived in Michigan when I was a kid and you could get tigers tickets for almost nothing(this was the old stadium years after they won a world series so no one gave a gently caress about them) I went to at least 25-30 games and they lost. Every. Single. One.

I feel your pain. I have been to 12 home Packer games starting in 2010 and they have lost every... single... one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I really appreciated the "NO ONE DIED!" caption on the really dramatic car crash. I feel like there should be aftermath notes on a lot of these: broken wrist, twisted ankle, skin graft on butt.

I like how on the boat one, it sounded like one of the bystanders yelled "Opa!"