Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

orcinus posted:

Mr. Radar.
Who's gonna be Mr. Coffee?

Stephen J. Fry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Jobbo_Fett posted:

"objectively strategize state of the art communities"

I think we're on to something here...

'distinctively optimize robust "outside the box" thinking'

it's uncanny!

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
what the gently caress did any of that have to do with consulting linguists about his promised alien languages?

you know errr umm on the you know uh ICE PLANET they uhhh talk cold and its like on the JUNGLE planet it's a very swampy uhhhh dialect

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SomethingJones posted:

Q: Within the context of fantasy space flight ... Should there be an advantage to getting on your target's 'six' and staying there, or is that pretty much negated by 6DOF flight?

A: I will say that in all circumstances even with, you know, six degrees of freedom and the ability to, ah, you know, do lateral and horizontal and... ah... you know... vertical, sort of em, strafing, ah, as well as sort of, ah, you know, change your orientation and maybe not your velocity vector, ah, which is sort of the decoupled stuff, um, always getting on, ah, you know, getting BEHIND someone, or in their BLIND SIDE is a bit of an advantage, now the difference, in, ah, our system and flight model if you're a good pilot, is you'll be able to get out of that situation, you'll have more OPTIONS than you do in regular atmospheric, ah, you know air combat manoeuvring, but, em, you know, obviously you wanna get BEHIND someone because, you know, ah they can't bring their gun... you know, most guns are forward facing also visibility's usually forward facing so you know OUTSIDE OF the bigger ships with turrets then you know, ah, getting behind, ah, people or someone in a dogfight is usually, ah, it will give you an edge and advantage even if they can recover from it... ah, quicker than they can in, ah, you know, traditional, you know, ah, CURRENT DAY, atmospheric, ah, air combat.

Chris "I don't know what the gently caress I'm talking about" Roberts, everyone!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

A Spider Covets posted:

results of tonight's cooking:

sirloin in au poivre pan sauce, with kale and fried fingerling potatoes

so good

cat had 0 of it

update in 2 weeks

:five:

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Tortolia posted:

I feel like I am having a stroke reading these transcripts. :psyduck:

Yeah, one of my eyes has rolled up into my head and now I'm stuck looking like Forrest Whittaker.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

fuctifino posted:

If someone has the sanity to produce it, an edited 10FTC containing just the 'umms', 'ahhs', 'sort of' and 'you knows' would be hilarious...

I will legitimately try this next chance I get. Just need a link to the tube video because lol who the gently caress subscribes to them anyways?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Note to self: write more songs about how right Derek Smart is.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

They have plenty of cash.

Not from what I'm hearing. That's a false flag op designed for employees/contractors like you to take the bait and spread that info.

They have to keep raising money as a result. And since they know that Star Citizen, as pitched, is never going to see the light of day, SQ42 is apparently more manageable since there are only so many ways you can screw-up an arcade shooter. Though Chris apparently is doing just that (screwing it up).

Aside from that, anyone who thinks that they're going to sit around until the bank account is empty, knowing they're never going to deliver a finished Star Citizen, really doesn't understand how these things work.

I want to believe.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So what's next?

There is a high profile exit in the works.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

D_Smart posted:

I hope it will be Sean Tracy coz his brother is already gone and the looks on his face from the latest videos interviews suggest he really needs to bail out for the sake of his health

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Chris "I don't know what the gently caress I'm talking about" Roberts, everyone!

mods change my name to vertical strafing

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D_Smart posted:

THEY FINALLY GOT THE DOOR TO WORK!?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

EminusSleepus posted:

I hope it will be Sean Tracy coz his brother is already gone and the looks on his face from the latest videos interviews suggest he really needs to bail out for the sake of his health

I hope it will be Sean Tracy because then he can get started on his next book: Advanced CryEngine Game Development - Lessons Learned (What Not to Do).

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

SomethingJones posted:

Q: You've talked about consulting linguists for alien languages, are you talking to exobiologists, exoplanetologists and exo-climatologists for direction and help in designing the ecosystems and climates of alien planets?

A: That's a good question, ehhh... I... we do... we have done a certain amount of, ah, working with a local school, here, in LA actually, ah so at UCLA we've been dealing with some sort of astrophysicists and, and their ILK in ah terms of ah, laying out our star systems and what kind of planets will be what distance from the stars and... that sort of direc... you know, that sort of dictates um, the type of, ah, planet and you know to a certain extent what we do is we say "well we want this kind of planet", and then we talk to, um, you know the folks that really know and say "so what situation could we potentially get this planet in" and "WELL maybe it needs to be this distance, this many AU from the STAR and DA-DA-DA" and, and so that's sort of how we on a macro side been doing the star system map, and some of that will filter in to the PROCEDURAL TECH ah but it's still early days on um (looks at question) the... you know, kinda figuring out the ecosystem of the planets and the weather patterns and all the rest of the stuff, so I mean I would guess that we would tend to go a little bit more towards a DESIGNED approach where like, you know it's like, take a view, take a look at HOTH it's a, you know it's an ICE PLANET, and it's COOL, but it, you know, IS THE WHOLE PLANET COVERED IN SNOW?

Or is it, you know, I mean it certainly looks like it when you watch the movie... ah... would that be realistic, would there ever be life on a planet like that? Maybe, maybe not I don't know but, you know, it's... you sort of very much define the planets like you know, you have, using my Star Wars reference here but you know, HOTH is the ICE PLANET and you know, TATTOONYEN... TATTOO... TATTOO-EE-IN is like the DESERT PLANET you know and so, and you got... ah you go to the eh DAH-GO-BAH system and that's all like this swampy jungle thing, and you know very much in Star Wars they sort of focus the planets to sort of feel like...

it's a TYPE it's a JUNGLE or it's a.... ICE PLANET or it's a DESERT PLANET um, so, eh we'll probably do a little bit of that

The Canterbury Tales are easier to follow than this poo poo and it's written in Middle English.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
10FTC Outro

So there you go that's the end of my uh ANSWERS, eh, for Ten For The Chairman thank you guys for listening, hopefully some of the answers were.... informative or useful for you guys so thank you to all the subscribers that enable us to put together content like this and all the other stuff that we do, ah, here at, ah, for Star Citizen at Roberts Space Industries, and um... thank you to all the backers cos without all you guys contributing and supporting the project, ah, we wouldn't be where we are now, it's.... PRETTY MONUMENTAL ah but it's enabling us to build something that I don't think anyone would have ever conceived you could build and certainly no publisher would have ever dreamed of doing, ah we aren't there yet! But we're getting there I think you can sort of see the progress, ah, you know there's more and more features and gameplay coming along the line on STAR CITIZEN ALPHA you know TWO POINT X LIVE as we go, and this year there'll be a lot of stuff that comes online that I think will really sort of add to the experience but even right now in sort of TWO POINT ONE... now... TWO POINT TWO there's just... there's a lot of COOL IMMERSION GAMEPLAY that's happening and there'll be more of that happening and uh... you know I think we're building something that long term's gonna be...well it's the game I wanna play and I think the game I hope a lot of you guys wanna play

(My brain has now sucked itself out of my nostrils)

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

SomethingJones posted:

Q: You've talked about consulting linguists for alien languages, are you talking to exobiologists, exoplanetologists and exo-climatologists for direction and help in designing the ecosystems and climates of alien planets?

A: That's a good question, ehhh... I... we do... we have done a certain amount of, ah, working with a local school, here, in LA actually, ah so at UCLA we've been dealing with some sort of astrophysicists and, and their ILK in ah terms of ah, laying out our star systems and what kind of planets will be what distance from the stars and... that sort of direc... you know, that sort of dictates um, the type of, ah, planet and you know to a certain extent what we do is we say "well we want this kind of planet", and then we talk to, um, you know the folks that really know and say "so what situation could we potentially get this planet in" and "WELL maybe it needs to be this distance, this many AU from the STAR and DA-DA-DA" and, and so that's sort of how we on a macro side been doing the star system map, and some of that will filter in to the PROCEDURAL TECH ah but it's still early days on um (looks at question) the... you know, kinda figuring out the ecosystem of the planets and the weather patterns and all the rest of the stuff, so I mean I would guess that we would tend to go a little bit more towards a DESIGNED approach where like, you know it's like, take a view, take a look at HOTH it's a, you know it's an ICE PLANET, and it's COOL, but it, you know, IS THE WHOLE PLANET COVERED IN SNOW?

Or is it, you know, I mean it certainly looks like it when you watch the movie... ah... would that be realistic, would there ever be life on a planet like that? Maybe, maybe not I don't know but, you know, it's... you sort of very much define the planets like you know, you have, using my Star Wars reference here but you know, HOTH is the ICE PLANET and you know, TATTOONYEN... TATTOO... TATTOO-EE-IN is like the DESERT PLANET you know and so, and you got... ah you go to the eh DAH-GO-BAH system and that's all like this swampy jungle thing, and you know very much in Star Wars they sort of focus the planets to sort of feel like...

it's a TYPE it's a JUNGLE or it's a.... ICE PLANET or it's a DESERT PLANET um, so, eh we'll probably do a little bit of that
The bolded line triggers me hard. If he gave a gently caress about this he'd know exactly how a planet like Hoth could support life.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

A Spider Covets posted:

so good

cat had 0 of it

update in 2 weeks

Have at thee!

Catte also didn't get any.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

D_Smart posted:

Does the new leaver know if the ice planet Hoth IS COMPLETELY COVERED IN SNOW? I mean, it looks like it is in the movie, but I mean, could there really be life there?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

THEY FINALLY GOT THE DOOR TO WORK!?
:eyepop:

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

SomethingJones posted:

10FTC Outro

So there you go that's the end of my uh ANSWERS, eh, for Ten For The Chairman thank you guys for listening, hopefully some of the answers were.... informative or useful for you guys so thank you to all the subscribers that enable us to put together content like this and all the other stuff that we do, ah, here at, ah, for Star Citizen at Roberts Space Industries, and um... thank you to all the backers cos without all you guys contributing and supporting the project, ah, we wouldn't be where we are now, it's.... PRETTY MONUMENTAL ah but it's enabling us to build something that I don't think anyone would have ever conceived you could build and certainly no publisher would have ever dreamed of doing, ah we aren't there yet! But we're getting there I think you can sort of see the progress, ah, you know there's more and more features and gameplay coming along the line on STAR CITIZEN ALPHA you know TWO POINT X LIVE as we go, and this year there'll be a lot of stuff that comes online that I think will really sort of add to the experience but even right now in sort of TWO POINT ONE... now... TWO POINT TWO there's just... there's a lot of COOL IMMERSION GAMEPLAY that's happening and there'll be more of that happening and uh... you know I think we're building something that long term's gonna be...well it's the game I wanna play and I think the game I hope a lot of you guys wanna play

(My brain has now sucked itself out of my nostrils)

SomethingJones posted:

well it's the game I wanna play and I think the game I hope a lot of you guys wanna play

SomethingJones posted:

the game I wanna play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

i used to think the transcripts were the only good thing INN ever did and now i'm realising that once again, somethingawful is doing something better than them

Watch your back DOLVAK :owned:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Stephen J. Fry

Perfect.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I will legitimately try this next chance I get. Just need a link to the tube video because lol who the gently caress subscribes to them anyways?

This is the latest one. I couldn't watch more than a minute or two, so I don't know how the ratio of white noise compares to other 10FTC's....

Thanks for taking one for the team Jobbo. :yarg:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Also, these SA transcripts are loving hilarious. Has anyone posted them to reddit as a complete verbatim transcript of 10FTC?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

A Spider Covets posted:

so good

cat had 0 of it

update in 2 weeks

I am going to grow an unlimited supply of this in my biodome in the long term persistent reality that is Star Citizen.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

EminusSleepus posted:

Well Sean Tracy is a professional and his videos were clearly better than anything Chris has done so it's definitely him.

Man, I just now realized how low my opinion of Roberts has really sunk.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

Will it be a vertical strafe?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

fuctifino posted:

Also, these SA transcripts are loving hilarious. Has anyone posted them to reddit as a complete verbatim transcript of 10FTC?

I'm not going anywhere near that loving place, but I would sure love to see someone else do it

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

fuctifino posted:

I mean they used to love Beer's transcripts... maybe they'll like these?

P.S. Toops I really hope this poo poo I'm recording doesn't make your ears commit suicide. If it does it's Chris Roberts' fault.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Was the alien languages question in this weeks 10 thing? I wanted to compare your transcript to it, but it didn't jump out at me. The closing transcript though is pretty good. I might not have capitalized some statements since I don't think he emphasized them. But drat, you are right on with all the ums, ahs and pauses.

So, thanks for the transcripts. Normally I don't listen to these, but I just had to see if it really was that poor.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

XK posted:

Just delta patch it you loving dipshit. It's a software technique that's existed for generations, can be pulled off by first year CS students, and completely avoids any issue concerning concatenated files or whatever. At worst, you have to give it a window into your encryption/compression. "We're still trying to figure it out, here's your second 30 GB update today."

I had to reinstall Command & Conquer: General/Zero Hour yesterday (yes, I KNOW it is OLD) and then I patched it. And smiled from memories of MANY RTPatch sessions.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

SomethingJones posted:

I'm not going anywhere near that loving place, but I would sure love to see someone else do it

My account is dirt over there... lol...

Someone here must have a good positive karma account that they won't mind nuking?

e: I'm going to have a go myself editing the 10FTC with Windows Movie Maker (I didn't even realise it was installed on this machine until now). I'll probably end up cursing and giving up, so hold off for now Jobbo.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

P.S. Toops I really hope this poo poo I'm recording doesn't make your ears commit suicide. If it does it's Chris Roberts' fault.

Please no.
I barely survived the transcripts.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Guys: I genuinely think I figured out something really important.

Chris Roberts is dumb.

I mean, like really dumb.

All this time we have been analyzing the moves CIG has made, and we kind of didn't understand the logic, right? I mean, we're all probably above average intelligence (proof: we're posting here and not on Reddit).

So these things don't make sense to us. But when you think about it from the perspective of a really dumb person, then the poo poo he says on 10FTC is loving brilliant. I mean it's like goddamn poetry.

I think we need to stop analyzing CIG because we're making fun of actual idiots, and that is cruel.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Can someone get someone to read Crobarts' transcripts with a valley girl accent?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Was the alien languages question in this weeks 10 thing? I wanted to compare your transcript to it, but it didn't jump out at me. The closing transcript though is pretty good. I might not have capitalized some statements since I don't think he emphasized them. But drat, you are right on with all the ums, ahs and pauses.

So, thanks for the transcripts. Normally I don't listen to these, but I just had to see if it really was that poor.

Yes, Ep 78. It's all in there, word for word. It's amazing. How 'bout that Hoth planet though, do you think it's really covered in snow?

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

orcinus posted:

Can someone get someone to read Crobarts' transcripts with a valley girl accent?

https://www.fiverr.com/graphixgodde...93-d91dc5272743

About $30 bucks or so for one answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

D1E posted:

Chris Roberts is dumb.

He's not dumb, he's stoned out of his head. Not even joking about that, I have friends who ended up like this, daily weed over many many years does this to some people. I had to cut the weed right down to 'rarely', I can see all the signs. His head is hosed. I would bet money on it, although probably not $108,000,000.

• Locked thread