Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
the amount of anime avatars here really is on the rise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I see no problem with this.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

g

Mithaldu posted:

vita thread

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

anime is good

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Stux posted:

have u heard of a game called by the name of persona 4 the golden. i recommend you buy it on digital. pick chie.
I know the name but not the game. I'll look into it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

MisterAlex posted:

u should it is the premire gaming experience for th eplaystation vita

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

MisterAlex posted:

There's a good chance you'll like it, and it is quite popular.

Though be aware that while the story and the visual novel time management system may carry it well, being inoffensive and filled with pretty, likable characters; the dungeons are rather bland and the battle system may end up feeling a bit like a mediocre chore. So maybe check out some gameplay videos and get some of the background story to see whether it'll carry you through.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

actually the battles are breezy and flashy

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

It depends on the person, which is why i said "may end up", and recommended further research on that specific note.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
The gameplay and dungeons in persona 4 are loving boring but the story, characters and overall presentation are nice

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

The gameplay and dungeons in persona 4 are loving boring but the story, characters and overall presentation are nice

dehumanise youirself and face to bloodshed

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i really wish P4G let you skip or speed up battle animations. i can only watch kanji ride his bike into the fray so many times.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was an anime all along

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.

Mithaldu posted:

If I had one, it would be from an old Manga actually. Though, I do recall you did watch the later anime adaptation at my request years ago.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I was an anime all along

Sakurazuka posted:

I was an anime all along

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
http://gematsu.com/2016/03/genkai-tokki-seven-pirates-wont-have-male-characters

quote:

Are there any male characters?

“There aren’t. We’re focusing on representing soft-chested women.”

How many girls will appear?

“There are seven main women, but in addition to them, there are a lot of monster girls that appear. There are also lively parts where strange monsters are rendered in 3D.”

What is “Chest Growth?”

“With the growth system of this game, the girls are faced against their own chests, which will grow by rubbing. Rub, and your status will increase. It’s possible not only to grow bigger, but smaller, too. If your chest is big, your attack power is higher and your defense is also superior. Alternatively, when your chest is small, you’re superior in speed.”

“At first glance, you might only see the game for its sex appeal, but we’re thoroughly producing its contents.”

Shaping up to be the Vita thread's new favourite game, there. :v:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 8, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If it weren't for the main characters design

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I wish that game didn't exist. Or..won't exist?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

i will create the chanseys of anime booby pirates

they will have all the hp

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

I wish that game didn't exist. Or..won't exist?

Maybe they'll localise it but remove all the boobs

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/08/ys-viii-will-release-japan-july-21-ps-vita-2017-ps4/

May as well post it here too. Ys VIII will be coming out for Vita in Japan at least six months if not more before the PS4 version.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well I'm going to buy that game twice then lol.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Mr. Fortitude posted:

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/08/ys-viii-will-release-japan-july-21-ps-vita-2017-ps4/

May as well post it here too. Ys VIII will be coming out for Vita in Japan at least six months if not more before the PS4 version.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

On one hand, I have a Vita already but don't yet have a PS4. On the other I was planning on getting a PS4 just for Ys VIII!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish the account stuff on Vita was like PS4. I'd have to factory reset whenever I wanted to switch regions, right?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

In Training posted:

I wish the account stuff on Vita was like PS4. I'd have to factory reset whenever I wanted to switch regions, right?

Yes, for digital games and DLC. Carts will work, no problem.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

In Training posted:

Yes, for anything digital, AND you need a second memory card. Unless you want to just keep formating the same one over and over again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe I'll dedicate a PSTV to Japanese stuff so I don't have to hassle.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

This sounds like Cold Steel III will come out late September, which is traditional of Falcom. Cool.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Wait, Cold Steel is three games? I thought it was a duology like the original Trails in the Sky. I was already annoyed Cold Steel 1 is going to end on a cliffhanger, but at least part 2 was coming out this year.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

Wait, Cold Steel is three games? I thought it was a duology like the original Trails in the Sky. I was already annoyed Cold Steel 1 is going to end on a cliffhanger, but at least part 2 was coming out this year.

Trails in the Sky is a three-parter too.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

In Training posted:

Maybe I'll dedicate a PSTV to Japanese stuff so I don't have to hassle.

don't do it, barely anything works on it

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

My whole world view is an entire lie! I was waiting for a sale to snag part 2 of that and now it's also ending in a cliffhanger? Is the third part for that also a PSP game?

edit: I guess this is the one? At least there's a PC version, so maybe it will get localized at some point. In the next 20 years.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 8, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

trails in the sky 2 doesn't end on a cliffhanger

the third game just gives background info for some characters and expands the world

all the major plot threads are resolved in sky 2

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saoshyant posted:

My whole world view is an entire lie! I was waiting for a sale to snag part 2 of that and now it's also ending in a cliffhanger? Is the third part for that also a PSP game?

The second part doesn't end on a cliffhanger, the third game is mostly a side story with different main characters. There are PSP, Windows, PS3 and Vita versions but who knows if we'll ever get it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Nah, the third part is just some wrap-up to some smaller plot threads, apparently. With a side story about some new characters.

efb

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

OK, cool, crisis averted. Does Cold Steel II end in a cliffhanger or same deal?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

don't do it, barely anything works on it

My life is a living hell

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

OK, cool, crisis averted. Does Cold Steel II end in a cliffhanger or same deal?

cold steel 2 kind of ends in a cliffhanger from what ive heard but we're definitely getting the third game so

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Acceptable. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

To be more accurate, Trails in the Sky 3rd has a character who played a supporting role in the second game as the main character and it sets up plot threads for Zero and Ao as well as expand on the backstories of the cast of Trails in the Sky, such as some of Joshua and Estelle's early interactions and growing up together, Olivier's interactions with Osborne which becomes important for Cold Steel and Renne's backstory which becomes important in Zero.

The actual main plot arc of Trails in the Sky ends with SC though.