Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Have you guys had the solar eclipse day yet?

Have you tried opening your journal right as 2am ticks over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

when u finally get that gold axe

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Harmburger posted:

Have you guys had the solar eclipse day yet?

Have you tried opening your journal right as 2am ticks over?

I'm sorry, you are now stuck in Silent Hill

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Indecisive posted:

That's about how it went down when I got my Gold Pickaxe. Stripped floors 110-120 clean.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Does it never rain in the Fall or something? I wanna upgrade my watering can :argh:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Indecisive posted:

Still got that default axe :(

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

i want this to be a real thing :{

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Pretty much. No one comes out, all doors are locked, and it never gets light. (or to PM time). It just keeps repeating the 12 hours of AM.

Entoloma
Jan 2, 2009
I've only upgraded my axe and pick to iron so I can harvest hardwood and clear the boulders/giant logs. And my watering can is only copper because I went the sprinkler route early as I knew they'd be a real time-saver.

Which reminds me. Someone in this thread mentioned a good sprinkler layout was suggested by another poster. Is there a better way to lay out the advanced sprinkers other than in a grid two tiles apart from each other?

And on a side note I replaced that lightning rod but half a season later and it vanished again. Same tile. No earthquake or anything - I think it might be something to do with the tile - it might be bugged or something. The other three rods are still fine.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Entoloma posted:

I've only upgraded my axe and pick to iron so I can harvest hardwood and clear the boulders/giant logs. And my watering can is only copper because I went the sprinkler route early as I knew they'd be a real time-saver.

Which reminds me. Someone in this thread mentioned a good sprinkler layout was suggested by another poster. Is there a better way to lay out the advanced sprinkers other than in a grid two tiles apart from each other?

And on a side note I replaced that lightning rod but half a season later and it vanished again. Same tile. No earthquake or anything - I think it might be something to do with the tile - it might be bugged or something. The other three rods are still fine.

If you don't care how it looks, there's no reason to place them other than 2 tiles apart. Maybe 3 so you have a walking path in the middle.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
So, lighting rods. Haven't seen this on a wiki yet (and forgive me for skipping to the end of the thread to post it).

If you build more than one rod you don't get them all charged up on the first lightning strike of the day. It looks like each strike charges at most one rod, sometimes no rods. I stayed awake all day through a lightning storm and got 9 of the 12 rods I built charged.

So don't go hog wild building more than 9-12 lightning rods, I guess.

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
I know I got 19 batteries in one day with 25 or so rods. There's still no real reason to build that many, but hey.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Goddammit Alex. Not only does he move all his sports stuff into my house, it somehow reset the floors. I had nice hardwood down and now it's tiles!

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
Have a hard time spotting the worms? Just a fan of Animal Crossing? Try the Animal Crossing Digspot.

[LINK]

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

HopperUK posted:

Goddammit Alex. Not only does he move all his sports stuff into my house, it somehow reset the floors. I had nice hardwood down and now it's tiles!

I married Haley and somehow all my floors and some of the wallpapers got changed, too. I wonder if this is intentional.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Princey posted:

I know I got 19 batteries in one day with 25 or so rods. There's still no real reason to build that many, but hey.

Lamp-Posts my friend, Lamp-Posts as far as the eye can see.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Thor-Stryker posted:

Build a fence out of Lamp-Posts.

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

gently caress. I forgot to get my display pieces from the Fair before leaving. >.<

Nothing irreplaceable, but still.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mountaineer posted:

I married Haley and somehow all my floors and some of the wallpapers got changed, too. I wonder if this is intentional.

if you marry penny does your kitchen get a meth lab decoration

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Nah it's books

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Skaw posted:

After sinking so many hours in to the game, I've come to the conclusion that CA did a pretty good job making sure all the different ways of earning money are viable. Farming is king of cash but it's also the path that eats up the most time. Even with sprinklers, you're eventually going to be spending your entire first day or two of a month tilling and planting new seeds. Having an Orchard or being a Rancher has a huge cash barrier but after that they're pretty hands off as far as required work goes. Being a Profession Apiarist is also completely possible so long as you can meet the resource requirement on bee boxes. My only complaint is it doesn't see you can use the greenhouse to produce honey :(

Or you can just say gently caress it and fish your life away or reintroduce the gold standard to Stardew Valley by taking to the mines while never touching your fields.

Ranching seems like a very laborious task. If you're going to make real money you need a ton of animals, and you have to harvest poo poo off them, feed them, and pamper them daily.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

m2pt5 posted:

Have a hard time spotting the worms? Just a fan of Animal Crossing? Try the Animal Crossing Digspot.

[LINK]

yes

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky
I ended up starting a new file. I'm not really into minmaxing or anything, but with the knowledge of my first attempt I'm having a lot more fun because I'm actually making some money and managing my time not too badly.

And really, what would I ever do without caravan lady to sell me all the bundle components? :allears: Raise animals? Me? Pfaaah.

I'll probably have the "Build a Coop!" quest forever unfulfilled in my log, and I'm okay with that. :colbert:

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Cheese Pain posted:

I'll probably have the "Build a Coop!" quest forever unfulfilled in my log, and I'm okay with that. :colbert:

I don't want to live if i can't have dinosaur omelettes every morning

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

YES bread posted:

I don't want to live if i can't have dinosaur omelettes every morning

You can't cook dinosaur eggs at all, they're artifacts, not food.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

You can't cook dinosaur eggs at all, they're artifacts, not food.

Dammit, I want to make dino mayo.

Entoloma
Jan 2, 2009

Thor-Stryker posted:

Lamp Posts are my only motivation for building the rods in the first place. Who cares about anything else! =P

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

StrangeAeon posted:

gently caress. I forgot to get my display pieces from the Fair before leaving. >.<

Nothing irreplaceable, but still.

It's kind of a dick move by the Mayor to let you leave without mentioning you can retrieve your stuff. Like he just assumes you won't want to take back this high quality produce, or in my case a loving diamond.

I bet Pierre stole them.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

m2pt5 posted:

Dammit, I want to make dino mayo.

you can put them in mayo machines but it just makes regular mayo

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

What do the dino eggs sell for? I still haven't found a second one, donated the first to the museum like a fool assuming there's no way it would be hatchable

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Indecisive posted:

What do the dino eggs sell for? I still haven't found a second one, donated the first to the museum like a fool assuming there's no way it would be hatchable

350g

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

"That's right, kids, buy your own dinosaur right here, just $350!"

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

poo poo if they produce regularly I"ll probably just breed a whole coop of them to replace the whole mayo making part of my day

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I've finally done it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
broke 100k earnings before the end of Y1 summer

:feelsgood:

Jintor
May 19, 2014

do paths increase runspeed?

...if not, why not? :foldsarms:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
:nws:http://the-upright-infinity.tumblr.com/post/140646605152/help-theres-a-fat-pink-cow-on-my-farm-this-was:nws:

:nallears:

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Mar 8, 2016

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
My animals seem sad half the time.

I leave their doors open 24/7, so they go in and out on their own. I haven't had them during a winter yet, but they have heaters. They have food every day inside and out. I talk to them every day, take their produce every day they provide it, and they're gaining hearts. Why are they sad and not producing half the time?

Zesty fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Mar 8, 2016

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Don't have animals yet, but I think you're supposed to close the door at night. So they feel safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Met posted:

My animals seem sad half the time.

I leave their doors open 24/7, so they go in and out on their own. I haven't had them during a winter yet, but they have heaters. They have food every day inside and out. Why are they sad?

Are you petting/talking to them? They respond with a little heart in a speech bubble when you do.