Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

3rd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
4th I loved it, yes, I did.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

ayn rand hand job posted:

MOTYC: Dragon Lee vs Kamaitachi - CMLL 3/4

easy nth.

THAT WAS INSANE

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
6th

if this series ever ends I'm going to stop watching wrestling

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ParanoidInc posted:

6th

if this series ever ends I'm going to stop watching wrestling

if it never ends they will die

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe

oatgan posted:

if it never ends they will die

everything in life requires sacrifice

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

here it is

http://www.clarosports.com/lucha-libre/cmll/detalle/epico-mano-a-mano-de-dragon-lee-y-kamaitachi-590322/

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

so I wasn't sure if I was gonna be ready to give this match a MOTY because I know nothing about lucha or CMLL but just given the number of times I screamed out loud to myself while watching this, yeah, 7thed

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
HM: Marty Scurll vs. Kyle O'Reilly, PWG All-Star Weekend 12 Night One, 3/4
HM: Ricochet and Matt Sydal vs. The Young Bucks (Nick and Matt Jackson), PWG All-Star Weekend 12 Night One, 3/4

Scurll/O'Reilly was right on the borderline of MOTYC for me, it was great and the best match of a very fun show.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I have no idea how to rate that Kamaitachi/Lee match. They did so much incredible stuff and were killing each other but the flow felt way weirder than anything I'm used to watching.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Grozz Nuy posted:

HM: Marty Scurll vs. Kyle O'Reilly, PWG All-Star Weekend 12 Night One, 3/4
HM: Ricochet and Matt Sydal vs. The Young Bucks (Nick and Matt Jackson), PWG All-Star Weekend 12 Night One, 3/4

Scurll/O'Reilly was right on the borderline of MOTYC for me, it was great and the best match of a very fun show.

I better not have to wait 3 months for asw DVDs again

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

I have no idea how to rate that Kamaitachi/Lee match. They did so much incredible stuff and were killing each other but the flow felt way weirder than anything I'm used to watching.

Agreed it was a spotfest with loving incredible spots but yeah I've never liked 2 out of 3 falls matches the flows always off.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

HulkaMatt posted:

The individual spots were pretty great, but I found it hard to get into because they gave away the first two falls too quickly. That's usually my problem with 2/3 falls matches overall.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I openly admit that I just don't think I'm a fan of the lucha style. I'm used to seeing so many insane spots and so many kickouts - but it just feels off to me in CMLL.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
HM: Death by Elbow (JT Dunn and Chris Hero) vs. Matt Sydal and Ricochet, PWG All-Star Weekend 12 Night Two, 3/5
HM: reDRagon (Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly) vs. the Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson), PWG All-Star Weekend 12 Night Two, 3/5
HM: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Roderick Strong, PWG All-Star Weekend 12 Night Two, 3/5

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

HulkaMatt posted:

I openly admit that I just don't think I'm a fan of the lucha style. I'm used to seeing so many insane spots and so many kickouts - but it just feels off to me in CMLL.

Idk if I'd call what those guys do "lucha" really.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spermgod posted:

Idk if I'd call what those guys do "lucha" really.

They did 2 falls in a minute that my friend is the lucha.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
HM - Ishii vs. EVIL - New Japan Cup Night 1
HM - Ishii vs. Naito - New Japan Cup Night 2

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
nominating a match from Raw in TYOOL 2016, sign of the times

HM: Y2AJ vs. The New Day, WWE Raw 3/7

Made everyone look strong, let New Day get a clean pin over two veterans without hurting Jericho or AJ's credibility at all, awesome spots. Got me hyped to see Jericho/AJ at Mania which I didn't even think was possible.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Price Check posted:

HM - Ishii vs. EVIL - New Japan Cup Night 1
HM - Ishii vs. Naito - New Japan Cup Night 2

2nd these.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

Made everyone look strong, let New Day get a clean pin over two veterans without hurting Jericho or AJ's credibility at all, awesome spots. Got me hyped to see Jericho/AJ at Mania which I didn't even think was possible.

2nd. Really enjoyed this match.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe

abraham linksys posted:

actually will 3rd this, this was a shockingly good tag match

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

Yeah, I'll 4th this. It was a good match and did everthing it was supposed to do.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

5thed, everybody came out of that match looking good.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

HM: Will Ospreay vs. Marty Scurll, PROGRESS Chapter 25, 1/24/2016

if the match had ended five minutes earlier with either of the pass-out spots, it would have been better than their RevPro match, but, diminishing returns. still a really good match to watch

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

HM: Samoa Joe vs Sami Zayn, Two out of Three Falls, NXT TV

Match owned bones and went the entire episode. I was very tempted to give it a MOTYC.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
MOTYC: Mil Muertes vs. Prince Puma vs. Pentagon Jr., Lucha Underground 3/9

Best match of the season so far, all three guys were hitting on all cylinders.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Benne posted:

Second

They went into fifth gear from the opening bell and then never slowed down. I thought they made really creative use of the space outside the ring in a way that you don't often see in wrestling and poo poo just came out of nowhere.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe

Benne posted:

holy poo poo 3rded

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Benne posted:

4th. I was on the edge of my seat the entire match

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Testekill posted:

Match owned bones and went the entire episode. I was very tempted to give it a MOTYC.

I'll second the HM, didn't quite live up to the hype but was still an excellent match.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Benne posted:

This.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Testekill posted:

I'll third it. Felt the same way that it didn't live up to the hype but it was still quite a good match.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sub Rosa posted:

MOTYC: Trevor Lee vs Roy Wilkins, CWF Mid-Atlantic, End of an Era, 2/17/16

Stips were no time limit, no holds barred, must be a winner by pinfall or submission. Trevor would be banned from CWF forever if he failed to capture the Mid-Atlantic Championship.

It went 105 minutes and was the most incredible wrestling experience I've ever had the privilege of being present for.

Will be free on CWF Worldwide on YouTube March 9th.

2nd

it comes with a pretty big barrier for entry and wont be for everyone but this really felt special

there's a kickout at the end i did not much care for though

oatgan fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Mar 10, 2016

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Testekill posted:

:agreed:

Benne posted:

:agreed:

Wednesday Night Wars are the best.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Sub Rosa posted:

It went 105 minutes
where does this fall on the spectrum of Wrestling Matches That Turn Into Endurance Contests For The Wrestlers And Anyone Watching Too?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

nth for MOTYC: Dragon Lee vs Kamaitachi - CMLL 3/4

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

2nd

it comes with a pretty big barrier for entry and wont be for everyone but this really felt special

there's a kickout at the end i did not much care for though

3rd, holy moly what a spectacle to watch. I never thought a 100 minute match could keep me captivated all the way to the end but by god it did

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Sub Rosa posted:

Stips were no time limit, no holds barred, must be a winner by pinfall or submission. Trevor would be banned from CWF forever if he failed to capture the Mid-Atlantic Championship.

It went 105 minutes and was the most incredible wrestling experience I've ever had the privilege of being present for.

Will be free on CWF Worldwide on YouTube March 9th.

Fourth, holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Benne posted:

I think I'm just jaded as hell because it didn't blow me out of the water quite like other LU matches did last season. What are the best 5 matches this year because I need to catch up

• Locked thread