Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lue the dolphin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

The Colonel posted:

blood money is a good game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t98K3reeqG4

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
So, I finally checked out this undertale game that everyone was talking about. I watched Dunkey play it, also I just learned he is not black :psyboom:.

drat, the music for this game is hella good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRw26sEEywY

Game looks hilarious, but looks to be really short. Might just buy the soundtrack and watch a let's play of the game instead to get the story.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
If you want to experience a game for the first time I M O you should probably do it first-hand.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you should play the game, because it's fun and part of the fun is discovering the cool things in it yourself

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Let's plays and longplays are ok but they are not a substitute for True Gaming.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Undertale is one of a very small number of games I'd like to forget I ever played so I could experience it for the first time again

I know that's a really weird fanboy thing to say especially given my current title but it's true :shobon:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
undertale is great

stardew valley is great

indie games can be great

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I like Braid, but I wish I hadn't bought it 27 times in humble bundle.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Listen this poo poo was hosed. So I get through all the puzzles, collect all my gear and heal up everyone to Fine. I send Rebecca out to the dangerous route to go get the last tablet and she does it and I do the puzzle and I unlock the door. Only one problem: left Rebecca's handgun in the main hall. I debate whether I need it, decide it's better to have it as a backup in case I run out of grenades, and go on back, not realizing that the door I'd come in from now exits out to a new place

a new place with loving murder apes who just wreck Rebecca, stunlocking her all the way into Danger. I used the last of my grenades to kill them, got the pistol, and limp her back to this area, and now she's bleeding out on a pressure switch while Billy gets thrown around like a goddamn rag doll by the goddamn bat

Resident Evil Zero is

upsetting me.

re0 sucks hardcore

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Lady Naga posted:

If you want to experience a game for the first time I M O you should probably do it first-hand.

Meh, I already read the wikipedia and then just watched the endings. I feel like I got the gist. Great game, though!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Ravane posted:

Meh, I already read the wikipedia and then just watched the endings. I feel like I got the gist. Great game, though!

Ugh.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Treating a story-based videogame like a loving book report is probably the gauchest thing I can think of.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
*reads a plot summary of the ending to paper mario: the thousand year door*

whoa, that was a really good game

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

:swoon:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Undertale is a good game. Too bad the fandom is obnoxious.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Every fandom is obnoxious

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Unless it's the thread for a game that isn't actually out yet, then it's nothing but gushing praise and anticipation and clinging to every piece of promotional material while chasing out any naysayers.

Ravane is TVIV's Taint Reaper, please don't encourage him.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I remember the hype thread for Watch Dogs, and how it's totally going to be a next-gen exclusive game because of the complex character animations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
happy tyr's day

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Good morning thread, Semper Games.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Watch_Dogs might be the worst game I ever played.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I played the first mission in the stadium and thought it was cool. Once I got into a car the game sucked.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Level Slide posted:

I remember the hype thread for Watch Dogs, and how it's totally going to be a next-gen exclusive game because of the complex character animations.

I'm really looking forward to reading the No Man's Sky thread in July.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

what's terrible about it

I've heard it is just a bland, forgettable game with a very bad protagonist

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FactsAreUseless posted:

Someone never played Wayne's World on the SNES

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Someone never played Wayne's World on the SNES

I could never get past the first level. gently caress that game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

what's terrible about it
The designers didn't understand their own mechanics. It's supposed to be about stealth, attacking through your hacking abilities, etc.

There's a side mission early on where you have to stop a car and knock someone out non-lethally. The car is in the middle of a big open suburban area with nothing to hack and no hiding places, and your target is surrounded by something like 6 guys with assault rifles.

Basically the game never let you actually use the tools it was supposed to be built around.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

The designers didn't understand their own mechanics. It's supposed to be about stealth, attacking through your hacking abilities, etc.

There's a side mission early on where you have to stop a car and knock someone out non-lethally. The car is in the middle of a big open suburban area with nothing to hack and no hiding places, and your target is surrounded by something like 6 guys with assault rifles.

Basically the game never let you actually use the tools it was supposed to be built around.

that bites, i'm sorry you're playing a bad game and not having fun with it

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is something a lot of stealth games seem to fall victim to in their first installment; Thief had bits where you had to hack at spiders with your short sword, Hitman had the jungle levels, Assassin's Creed was mostly about chasing people down to stab them and then outrunning their guards, etc.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

So I tried out the 'beta' for the new Hitman

Does anyone know if this is a common problem and how to fix it?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

that bites, i'm sorry you're playing a bad game and not having fun with it
I'm not. I rented it for one day like two years ago. Somebody mentioned it in the thread and it reminded me how bad it is.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

StashAugustine posted:

You wait til it's not an early access game

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

StashAugustine posted:

Sometimes you just have to enjoy an awesome-looking glitch.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
i remember being kinda hype about watch underscore dogs after e3 2012 because that demo made it seem kinda cool, and because literally every other game shown at that keynote was a sequel or remake

too bad the final game wasn't like that demo

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I now have "cat goes insane at three in the goddamned morning" in my google search history

just wanted you all to know that

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Agent

StashAugustine posted:

Agent 42 and the Rainbow Curse

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ciaphas posted:

I now have "cat goes insane at three in the goddamned morning" in my google search history

Could be a lot worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

You should stop letting so many ghosts into your house. Cats hate ghosts.

• Locked thread